daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 16th, 2017, 10:47 AM   #2001
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26131

Construction began on new tramway line in Shunyi District:
http://www.bjsubway.com/news/qyxw/yy...14/128602.html

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

tjrgx, dbhaskar, Ashis Mitra liked this post

Last edited by dimlys1994; July 16th, 2017 at 10:56 AM.
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #2002
General Huo

Likes (Received): 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post

“匈奴未灭,无以家为也!” 汉冠军侯景桓侯骠骑大将军大司马霍去病

dimlys1994 liked this post
General Huo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:55 AM   #2003
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Wow, I didn't knew about this tram line! I only knew the Xijiao (Western suburban) line, as well as plans for several tram lines in Yizhuang and in the part of Fengtai that is on the right (West) bank of Yongding river.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 07:26 AM   #2004
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Beijing metro is the one of the best and strong metro network in Asia, which has crisscrossed not only the entire city are, but also connected the satellite townships. It currently has 13 lines— Line 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15 & 16. A dense network in core city area, and also a good extension towards outer area, made it a very good transportation. The network is mostly underground. All lines are connected with each others, which strengthens the entire network. It is a very good example of a strong metro network. For this reason, most people of the city uses metro, because it reaches every area of the city and suburb, so don’t they need private car. Although the population pressure is high and so at least three more metro lines are immediately needed.

The most absurd and meaningless thing is the so called ‘suburban metro lines’. Those Batong, Changping, Daxing, Fangshan, Yizhuang lines are nothing but actually the extensions of line 1, 13, 4, 9 & 5. Although only Daxing line has direct physical connection with line 4, all other lines mentioned here has just adjacent situation. So they could easily called those numbered lines extensions. Distance between stations of those named lines are almost same like numbered lines, and a very important part are also underground. So why they should not be called matching with those numbered line mentioned above? I want to know the opinion of the people of Beijing.

I don’t know why they have two different metro companies for a single city. I think rather than two different operating companies, all these lines should be unified under a single company to operate the entire metro network more smoothly from 1 to 16.

Another peculiarity is that line 6 & 14 use overhead wire, where rest of all lines uses 3rd rail. Why there are two different traction system? 3rd rail has much longevity, and also much aesthetic, takes much less space. Two different electricity system will increase maintenance cost. It is not impossible to convert those two lines to 3rd rail, some countries in the world have already done this like Oslo.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 02:05 PM   #2005
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26131

More photos of Western Suburban Line:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8C...83%8A%E7%BA%BF

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

tjrgx, 2mchris, FM 2258 liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2017, 06:41 PM   #2006
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
The most absurd and meaningless thing is the so called ‘suburban metro lines’. Those Batong, Changping, Daxing, Fangshan, Yizhuang lines are nothing but actually the extensions of line 1, 13, 4, 9 & 5. Although only Daxing line has direct physical connection with line 4, all other lines mentioned here has just adjacent situation. So they could easily called those numbered lines extensions. Distance between stations of those named lines are almost same like numbered lines, and a very important part are also underground. So why they should not be called matching with those numbered line mentioned above? I want to know the opinion of the people of Beijing.
Some time ago I found a map which numbered all lines, even those that are named. And only Bawangfen-Tongzhou and Daxing lines were shown as part of lines 1 and 4 respectively, the other suburban had their own numbers: Yizhuang line was line 24, Fangshan was line 25 and Changping was line 27, with the Mentougou maglev taking number 26 (I've also seen it as line S1). This has to do with the possibility of through service, which only possible for the Daxing line/line 4 and Batong line/line 1 pairs. Both Fangshan and Changping lines are planned to extend further into the city, and Yizhuang line ends at a right angle to line 5 (and parallel to line 10).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old July 24th, 2017, 06:46 AM   #2007
saiho

Likes (Received): 1292

Quote:
Another peculiarity is that line 6 & 14 use overhead wire, where rest of all lines uses 3rd rail. Why there are two different traction system? 3rd rail has much longevity, and also much aesthetic, takes much less space. Two different electricity system will increase maintenance cost. It is not impossible to convert those two lines to 3rd rail, some countries in the world have already done this like Oslo.
The long standing Chinese policy is to try to have higher voltage/amperage traction systems using overhead wire (exceptions exist). Lines 6, 14 and 16 have larger and longer trains than the other lines. The extra power draw means using the overhead lines. All new subway lines in Beijing will have larger and longer trains hence will use overhead wires.

Ashis Mitra, Silly_Walks, aquaticko liked this post
saiho está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:43 AM   #2008
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
More photos of Western Suburban Line:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8C...83%8A%E7%BA%BF

The Wikipedia page shows us it will be a tram line, and tram cars are same as Kayseri, Samsun & Athens. So another city is coming to return tram.

2mchris liked this post
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:19 PM   #2009
Ashis Mitra

There are many extensions and new lines are planned. I have written a bit detail, please read it careful and answer my questions, also comment about its reality—

1) There will be a new line 3 which will be the most important line running through city centre. It will run from Caogehuang North to Tiancun, where it will meet with line 6 . It will create an alternative route of line 6 from Pinganli to Tiancun. If anytime an accident or anything could stop the service of line 6 via Baishiqiao South, this line 3 could continue the journey. Beside this, it will create a direct short route of line 10 from Tuanjeihu to Xidiaoyutai. For anytime the encircling of line 10 could temporarily stop, this line 3 could continue the journey. So it will be a very good and important route, and I suggest it should get the second priority. Sadly they have started the construction lately, however, construction will be completed in 2021.

2) Line 6 will be extended west from Haidian Wuluju to Jinanqiao. This extension will be very good because it will connect both with line 1 at Pingguoyuan and future line 3 at Tiancun. It will create an alternative route of line 3 from Pinganli to Tiancun. If anytime an accident or anything could stop the service of line 3 via Baiduiji, this line 6 could continue the journey. There will be five new stations—Tiancun, Liaogongjhuang, Xihuangcun, Pingguoyuannanlu and Jinanqiao. Construction will be completed in 2018.

3) Line 7 will be extended east from Jiaohuachang to Universal Studios. It will connect the future extension of Batong line. There will be nine new stations—Huangchangcun, Dongguejhuang, Heijhuanghu, Wanshengnanjie Xikou, Yunjingdonglu, Xiaomajhuang, Gaoloujin, Shiyuan and Universal Studios. Construction will be completed in 2019, although the progress is much slow now.

4) Line 8, currently the 3rd busiest line, will be extended south from National Art Museum to Universal Yinghai. This extension will be very much important because after this extension, it will create a direct short route of both line 2 & line 10 from Beitucheng to Dahongmen via Guloudajie and Qianmen. For anytime the encircling of line 2 or line 10 could temporarily stop, this Line 8 could continue the journey. So it will be a very good and important route, and I suggest it should get the third priority. There will be eleven new stations—Wangfujing North, Tianqiao, Muxiyuanqiao North, Muxiyuanqiao South, Dahongmenqiao, Heyi, Xiwadi, Liuyingmen, Wufutang, Demao and Yinghai. However it has been already belated, and due to this very long extension, construction will be completed in 2019.

5) Recently I heard that line 8 will be also extended north upto Jhushikou, but I could not found a map of that new line. Please write some detail about this line with a map. When this northern extension will be opened?

6) Line 9, currently the busiest line, will be extended central from National Library to Jimenqiao. It will be the shortest extension of Beijing metro, and will connect with future line 12. There will be two new stations—Jaojunmiao and Jimenqiao. Construction will be completed in 2020.

7) There will be a new line 11 will be in western Beijing that would traverse the Beijing Capital Steel complex and intersect with line 1 and line 4. But I could not found a map of that new line. Please write some detail about this line with a map. Construction was set to begin in 2020, which is I think much belated. When it will be opened for public?

8) There will be a new line 12 which will be also a very important line running through city centre. It will run from Guanghuanglu Xikou, where it will meet with line 3 to Sijiqing. It will create a direct short route of line 10 from Sanyuanqiao to Changchunqiao. For anytime the encircling of line 10 could temporarily stop, this line 12 could continue the journey. So it will be a very good and important route, and I suggest it should get the fourth priority. Sadly they have started the construction lately, however, construction will be completed in 2020.

9) Line 14 will be completed in 2018. It will create a direct short route of line 10 from Shilihe to Xiju. For anytime the encircling of line 10 could temporarily stop, this Line 14 could continue the journey. So it will be a very good and important route, and I suggest it should get the first priority. There are five new stations remaining—Jingfengmen, Xitiyeing, Caihuying, Lize Business district and Dongguantou. I don’t know Why they still have not completed this line because such isolated metro service is totally absurd, and without completing the connection, they are construction more new lines? The construction of this small extension is also much slow, what is the problem actually?

10) Line 16, currently the second busiest line, will be extended south from Xiyuan to Wanpingcheng. In future I bet it will be the busiest line, because it will create a direct short route of line 10 from Suzhoujie to Fengtai Railway Station. For anytime the encircling of line 10 could temporarily stop, this line 16 could continue the journey. It will also create an alternative route of line 4 from Xiyuan to National library. If anytime an accident or anything could stop the service of line 4 via Haidanhuangzhunag, this line 16 could continue the journey. Beside this it will also create an alternative route of line 9 from National library to Fengtainanlu. If anytime an accident or anything could stop the service of line 9 via Beijing West Railway Station, this line 16 could continue the journey. By measuring all these point it is nodoubt that it will be the most important line in future. There will be ten new stations—Wanquanheqiao, Suzhouqiao, Ganjiakou, Honglinananli, Lize Business district, Fengyiqiao South, Fufengqiao, Kandan, Yushuzhuang and Wanpingcheng. Thankfully the construction is in full swing and it will be completed in 2018, even may be this year also.

10) Year by year the tram line is being delayed to open, I mean the Western Suburban Line. It is already four years delayed. What is the problem about opening this line—please write some details. Will it possible to open this in this year?
Old July 24th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #2010
CNGL
Leudimin

It appears the Xijiao (Western Suburban) line isn't delayed, it just took too long to start construction due to all planning changes. And is opening this year. As for line 14, a conflict with above ground planning around the Lize area delayed part of it, leaving a gap for the time being. Line 11 is planned as a East-West line to the South of line 7, and due to obvious reasons it won't intersect line 1. However, it's planned for the long term. I don't know about any line 8 extension beyond Zhuxinzhuang, that would be news for me.

Old July 27th, 2017, 07:02 PM   #2011
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2813

Two subway lines in Beijing to start construction this year

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136477607.htm

BEIJING, July 27 (Xinhua) -- Two new subway lines in Beijing are expected to break ground at the end of 2017, authorities said Thursday.

The combined length of the CBD Line and the branch line of Yanfang Line, both still being designed, will be around 12.6 km, according to the Beijing Major Projects Construction Headquarters Office.

The 6.5-km CBD Line will run between Dongdaqiao and Dajiaoting stations, with 8 stations planned. It will mainly serve passengers within the central business district and Beijing East Railway Station. The other line, about 6.1 km long, will have three stations. It will mainly serve passengers near Zhoukoudian Township in southwestern Beijing's Fangshan District.

Three other subway lines in Beijing will start operations within this year.

tjrgx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 03:02 AM   #2012
saiho

Quote:

4) Line 8, currently the 3rd busiest line,
6) Line 9, currently the busiest line,
10) Line 16, currently the second busiest line,
Where are you getting these ridership stats?

The top 10 lines by most ridership are:

Line 10
Line 4
Line 1
Line 2
Line 5
Line 6
Line 13
Line 14
Line 9
Line 7

Old July 28th, 2017, 05:37 AM   #2013
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrgx View Post
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136477607.htm

BEIJING, July 27 (Xinhua) -- Two new subway lines in Beijing are expected to break ground at the end of 2017, authorities said Thursday.

The combined length of the CBD Line and the branch line of Yanfang Line, both still being designed, will be around 12.6 km, according to the Beijing Major Projects Construction Headquarters Office.

The 6.5-km CBD Line will run between Dongdaqiao and Dajiaoting stations, with 8 stations planned. It will mainly serve passengers within the central business district and Beijing East Railway Station. The other line, about 6.1 km long, will have three stations. It will mainly serve passengers near Zhoukoudian Township in southwestern Beijing's Fangshan District.

Three other subway lines in Beijing will start operations within this year.

Is the CBD line still designed as APM or will it be a "real" metro?
I remember, I had seen an article, which said they had changed design to increase capacity ...
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 06:59 AM   #2014
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dennis.Deng View Post
Is the CBD line still designed as APM or will it be a "real" metro?
I remember, I had seen an article, which said they had changed design to increase capacity ...
They are possibly up sizing the Line to use 6 car Linear motor trains. My guess is using Bombardier ART like the the Beijing Airport Express or Guangzhou's Kawasaki Heavy Industries derived L Type trains.

http://www.bjd.com.cn/jx/toutiao/201..._11058111.html
Old July 28th, 2017, 09:21 PM   #2015
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
Where are you getting these ridership stats?

The top 10 lines by most ridership are:

Line 10
Line 4
Line 1
Line 2
Line 5
Line 6
Line 13
Line 14
Line 9
Line 7
Thanks, one of my friend told such, may be he is wrong. Here you mean line 10 is busiest?
Old July 28th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #2016
saiho

Yes Line 10 is the busiest.

Old July 29th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #2017
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

I also heard about a proposal to combine the Batong Line with Line 1 for through operations in the future, meaning eliminating the transfers at the Sihui and Sihui East stations. The lines' signal systems are completely different, however, so any attempt to combine these lines will require some substantial modification. According to Qianlong.com, preliminary design and feasibility studies are underway to allow for such operations.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:35 PM   #2018
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 625

Updated map of Beijing metro:

- Wider layout
- Added all lines under construction
- Added all ring roads to better reflect the urban landscape

Full resolution image:
http://www.inat.fr/metro/beijing/

tjrgx, Arnorian liked this post
zidar fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 01:23 PM   #2019
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2813

Beijing's 1st maglev line goes into trial run

http://chinaplus.cri.cn/photo/china/...807/14246.html

Beijing's first maglev train line has begun trial operations on August 5, 2017. The first phase of the S1 line is 10 kilometers long and travels through the western parts of Beijing, connecting Pingguoyuan Station in Shijingshan District with Shichang Station in Mentougou District.

Old August 7th, 2017, 07:12 PM   #2020
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Interesting. For some reason I thought on only Changsha was going to have a low speed maglev. What's the strategy for these low speed maglev lines. I was thinking they should have high speed maglev from the city center to the airports yet in another post it was noted that high speed maglev isn't worth the cost?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
beijing, metro