daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2009, 06:49 AM   #541
xizhimen

Likes (Received): 156

Beijing most equal city

LONDON, Oct 22: Asian cities are among the most equal in terms of income, but inequalities are widening as the income gap between rural and urban areas grows, the UN population programme said in a report on Wednesday.

Beijing is the most equal city in the world, while Jakarta and Phnom Penh also score highly, UN-Habitat said in its annual report on the state of the world cities. Hong Kong is the most unequal city in Asia, while South African cities led by Johannesburg are the most unequal in the world.

Many Asian countries are grappling with expanding income disparities between rural and urban areas, which is fuelling migration to cities and threatening social harmony, the report said.

The United Nations says inequalities in income and in access to adequate shelter can lead to a reduction in economic efficiency and spark social unrest.

UN-Habitat head Anna Tibaijuka told a news conference in London that she was concerned the global financial crisis would aggravate the inequalities and could even lead to rioting as people struggled to pay the rent.

you cannot have a harmonious society if people are not secure in their homes,she said.

and if you cannot pay the rent, you are not secure in your home.The study also found that more than a third of urban dwellers in Asia live in slums. It said concentrations of slums throughout Asia varied widely, with the highest concentration in southern Asia.

Asian cities are also among the most vulnerable in the world to their surrounding environment.

Eighteen out of 20 of the largest cities in the region are located on the coast or on a river bank or delta, putting them at risk from rising water levels, the report said.
xizhimen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #542
googleabcd

Likes (Received): 1

LMAO, Beijing is the most equal city in the world???? You must be kidding me.

Just take take a look at those two million FREE cars provided to Chinese government officers in Beijing and you can see how fair and equal Beijing is. The major reasons why international companies open branches in Beijing is because it is closed to the Chinese government. The foreigner believe that the connections and networking to the central government is the most important factor to do business in China.

The coastal cities in China do look like developed countries with the state of art infrastructures. But Beijing and Shanghai are two black holes built on top of the "blood" money from other provinces.

Once equal business tax and equal polices are implemented in China, you will see how these two cities decline without direct investments from the central banks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizhimen View Post
Beijing most equal city

LONDON, Oct 22: Asian cities are among the most equal in terms of income, but inequalities are widening as the income gap between rural and urban areas grows, the UN population programme said in a report on Wednesday.

Beijing is the most equal city in the world, while Jakarta and Phnom Penh also score highly, UN-Habitat said in its annual report on the state of the world cities. Hong Kong is the most unequal city in Asia, while South African cities led by Johannesburg are the most unequal in the world.

Many Asian countries are grappling with expanding income disparities between rural and urban areas, which is fuelling migration to cities and threatening social harmony, the report said.

The United Nations says inequalities in income and in access to adequate shelter can lead to a reduction in economic efficiency and spark social unrest.

UN-Habitat head Anna Tibaijuka told a news conference in London that she was concerned the global financial crisis would aggravate the inequalities and could even lead to rioting as people struggled to pay the rent.

you cannot have a harmonious society if people are not secure in their homes,she said.

and if you cannot pay the rent, you are not secure in your home.The study also found that more than a third of urban dwellers in Asia live in slums. It said concentrations of slums throughout Asia varied widely, with the highest concentration in southern Asia.

Asian cities are also among the most vulnerable in the world to their surrounding environment.

Eighteen out of 20 of the largest cities in the region are located on the coast or on a river bank or delta, putting them at risk from rising water levels, the report said.

Last edited by googleabcd; January 20th, 2009 at 08:19 AM.
googleabcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #543
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 119

yyll8625 and Googleabc

What are your views about Guangzhou and Shenzhen ?
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 02:40 PM   #544
xizhimen

that's the UN report,not compiled by me,believe it or not.i didnt write that report.and two million free cars?where did you get that exact figure?for the report i posted here,i m more than happy to provide the links,could you give me that "two million free cars" link?or you just talked out of your hat?
Old January 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #545
xizhimen

Quote:
American cities as unequal as African and Latin American cities according to UN-HABITAT's new State of the World's Cities Report 2008/9: Harmonious Cities

Press Release

October 23, 2008

United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) P.O. Box 30030, Nairobi 00100, Kenya E-mail: [email protected] Website: http://www.unhabitat.org

Major cities in the United States, such as Atlanta, New Orleans, Washington D.C., Miami, and New York, have the highest levels of inequality in the country, similar to those of Abidjan, Nairobi, Buenos Aires, and Santiago. At the other end of the world, Beijing is considered to be the most equal city in the world while, on average, the most egalitarian cities in the world are located in Western Europe.
i didnt write it.
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #546
ina555

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyll8625 View Post
Although I am chinese, I want to say, beijing is very very very very very very very very shit!!! beijing and shanghai should go to hell!!!

your luxury is build on the blood and sweat of the other cities' people in china!! beijing people get plenty of tax from the whole country, but waste the money just to beijing and shanghai, how you can just put so much money to these two cities?? I believe someday the chinese people will finally have a war with you no matter your ugly crackdown!!

and here ,I wan to say ,in china ,at least more than 50% poor chinese we do not hope to have a luxury 2008 olympics game, but beijing is very cheeky to say all of chinese welcome this luxury game. we welcome olympics game ,but we do not hope its luxury, the beijing is very very very cheeky to waste our tax!! beijing and shanghai are twin shit!! do you know why , because our chairman and most of the officers come from these two cities or ever live there or their relatives there.
this is just ridiculous..don't be too sentimental
and----behave yourself in public
atleast..with a little courtesy

_Night City Dream_ liked this post
ina555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #547
googleabcd

Likes (Received): 1

Currently I don't have a very accurate number of government cars in Beijing.

But according to the following post, there were already 620,000 government cars in Beijing in 2006. Considering the double digit growth rate of auto sales in China, I bet it is very safe to say there are at least 1,000,000 government cars in Beijing right now.

Compared to 380,000 government cars in the whole U.S., Beijing's officers should feel shame about this number

=================================
如果说这是2005年的数据,并且韩国国家小,与中国没有可比性,那么不妨与美国比较。美国联邦政府拥有38万辆各型公车。一年的公车支出高达17亿美元。这一数字让美国国会议员很震惊——参议员苏珊·柯林斯说:“联邦政府每年居然要在车队上花费17亿美元,这令我感到震惊。”苏珊·柯林斯并要求政府总审计局对联邦政府的公车使用情况展开调查。苏珊·柯林斯的震惊让身为中国人的笔者也很震惊,与中国数百万辆公车相比,美国38万辆各型公车简直“小巫见大巫 ”,与中国公车费用每年消耗约3000亿元相比,区区17亿美元何足道也?倘若苏珊·柯林斯是中国的一名人大代表,不知道是什么反应?

可以断言,在公车畸多的前提下,即便封存50%的公车,也不会党政机关工作。一个众所周知的例子是,2006年,中非合作北京峰会在北京召开,由于实施了交通管制,大约有49万辆公车被封存,原本有"首堵"之称的首都北京"交通顺畅,秩序井然",不出所料的是,"49万辆公车入库封存,各机关事业单位没有因此而受到丝毫影响"。正如北京市委党校后勤部门负责人所则称:"这次尝试(限制公车),我们工作实际上一点没有受影响。”

到底是该封存30%还是50%乃至更多公车,应该算清一笔账。2006年时,北京大约封存49万辆公车,而当时据报道,北京市全市公车大约62万多辆,应该说封存比例相对较高——接近80%了。封存如此之高的比例,结果仍是“各机关事业单位没有因此而受到丝毫影响",由此可见封存公车的空间还有很大,由此也就牵扯到一个最直接的命题:中国到底需要多少辆公车?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizhimen View Post
that's the UN report,not compiled by me,believe it or not.i didnt write that report.and two million free cars?where did you get that exact figure?for the report i posted here,i m more than happy to provide the links,could you give me that "two million free cars" link?or you just talked out of your hat?
googleabcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #548
HiTOPHi

Likes (Received): 16

Man, I have to say loser's barking is truly hilarious! Way to entertain the crowd, buddy.

Beijing and Shanghai are two great cities in China, but hardly the only two. From north to south, Dalian, Tianjin, Qingdao, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, and Guangzhou are all great cities, to just name a few. If you get a chance to visit Chengdu and Chongqing, you'll realize how many modern cities there are in China.

For the fellow forumers, let's appreciate the beautiful and artistically designed Beijing subway stations.

Ignore those 2 garbage bags. Don't debate morons (you know who they really are and what they really want). Simply let them dry.

Last edited by HiTOPHi; January 21st, 2009 at 07:15 PM.
HiTOPHi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #549
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleabcd View Post
Currently I don't have a very accurate number of government cars in Beijing.

But according to the following post, there were already 620,000 government cars in Beijing in 2006. Considering the double digit growth rate of auto sales in China, I bet it is very safe to say there are at least 1,000,000 government cars in Beijing right now.

Compared to 380,000 government cars in the whole U.S., Beijing's officers should feel shame about this number
So, it's not 2 million anymore, just 1 million by your own estimate.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #550
xizhimen

Beijing aiming for world's longest subway system

Beijing aiming for world's longest subway system

from Radio Australia

Beijing is set to overtake London as the city with the longest subway system in the world, with China's capital planning to stretch its subway rail to more than 500 kilometres by 2012.
---------------------------
according to the latest report,13 new subway lines will be in operation by 2012,and near 10 new lines are under construction now in the city.

beijing subway

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #551
xizhimen

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #552
xizhimen

Old September 17th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #553
xizhimen