daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1021
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5780

exploremetro blog
http://www.exploremetro.com/blog/bei...ne-gets-longer

Quote:
Beijing Subway Line 8: The Olympic Line gets longer

This week we’re previewing the new lines expected to open in Shanghai and Beijing in December 2012. Today, Beijing Line 8!

Beijing Subway Line 8 initially opened with a small stretch between Beitucheng and South Gate of Forest Park in time for the 2008 Olympics, and ferried spectators to the Olympic Stadium. Last year a northern extension connected it to Line 13 at Huoying, and this year we expect a southern extension which should connect Line 8 to Line 2 at Guoloudajie, making Line 8 much more accessible from central Beijing. There are two intervening stations between Beitucheng and Guoloudajie: Anhuaqiao should open in December, while Andelibeijie will open at a later date.

Line 8 should look like this by the end of the year (click to enlarge!):

Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #1022
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

New metro train

Made by China South Locomotive & Rolling Stock Corporation, the new train will run on Beijing Metro line 14 in 2013

--weibo
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1023
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Looks like the Harbin metro!

Same manufacturer and model?
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #1024
saiho

Likes (Received): 1301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post

Looks like the Harbin metro!

Same manufacturer and model?
same manufacturer but different model. If you look look closely it has 5 doors per car per side....

OMG ITS AN A-SIZE TRAIN the rumours are true line 14 will use high capacity A size stock.

but ya the Harbin metro uses B size stock. So this is pretty much just an up-sized Harbin metro train.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #1025
Pedro EM

Likes (Received): 51

Like the interior. But the Chinese know how to get things done unlike the Europeans who seem to take forever trying to sort out their red tape issues.
Pedro EM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #1026
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro EM View Post
Like the interior. But the Chinese know how to get things done unlike the Europeans who seem to take forever trying to sort out their red tape issues.
Still Europe is better than North America who seem to take forever trying to figure out why they need public transit and then take forever trying to sort out their red tape issues.
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #1027
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro EM View Post
I guess you never been in US where nothing gets accomplished at all.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #1028
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
New metro train

Made by China South Locomotive & Rolling Stock Corporation, the new train will run on Beijing Metro line 14 in 2013

--weibo
I like the evacuation ramp, most others flip down the door and use it as a ramp, as a result it's much steeper.
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #1029
big-dog

Four lines to open on December 30th 2012
  • Line 10 phase II
  • Line 6
  • Line 8 phase II
  • Line 9 North

The new lines will add 70km to Beijing Subway and make it a 442km metro network.

In 2013 four sections will open (22km), including Line 14 west, Line 8 Gulou to Art Library, Changping-Batong connection line, Line 10 remaining stations.

Source: Beijing Subway Opening
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #1030
saiho

Quote:
  • Line 10 phase II
  • Line 6
  • Line 8 phase II
  • Line 9 North

The new lines will add 70km to Beijing Subway and make it a 442km metro network.

In 2013 four sections will open (22km), including Line 14 west, Line 8 Gulou to Art Library, Changping-Batong connection line, Line 10 remaining stations.

What is the Changping-Batong connection line? It sounds intense cause Batong and Changping are like on opposite sides of the city or is that the line 8 north extension to the Changping line?

Last edited by saiho; December 14th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old December 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1031
xavier114fch

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
What is the Changping-Batong connection line? It sounds intense cause Batong and Changping are like on opposite sides of the city or is that the line 8 north extension to the Changping line?
It should be Chang-ba connection (昌八聯絡線 in Chinese). Literally it means the connection line between Line 8 and Changping Line, and it is actually the northern extension of Line 8 to Zhuxinzhuang Station.
xavier114fch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #1032
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

That was exactly my though, I was surprised with a connection from North to East Beijing but then I realized was line 8 North (West). I believe this happened because the first hanzi for Batong is also number 8.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #1033
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
That was exactly my though, I was surprised with a connection from North to East Beijing but then I realized was line 8 North (West). I believe this happened because the first hanzi for Batong is also number 8.
Yes the hanzi for ba in batong is 8 in Chinese.
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1034
xavier114fch

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
  • Line 10 phase II
  • Line 6
  • Line 8 phase II
  • Line 9 North

Line 14 West (7 stations from Xiqu) is scheduled to finish on 5/5/2013, and people are expecting the remaining stations of Line 10 can be open together with Line 14 West.
xavier114fch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1035
big-dog

Xavier is correct. It's line 8 not Batong.
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #1036
xizhimen

Likes (Received): 156

Beijing Subway to be the longest subway network in the world,Shanghai No.2

Quote:
Beijing Subway line 6 to start operation by year-end
2012-09-26 08:59:13 GMT2012-09-26 16:59:13(Beijing Time) SINA.com

By Zhao Wei, Sina English

Beijing Subway line 6, which is another major line connecting Beijing’s East and West, is scheduled to start operation on December 28 this year, according to Beijing Municipal Transport Committee.

The Line 6, which runs almost parallel to the Line 1, is expected to ease congestion and increase transport capability by 30%.

Beijing currently has 15 subway lines that span 372 kilometers. By the end of this year, another four lines will be open, extending the coverage to 440 kilometers, making Beijing Subway the longest subway network in the world.

The four new lines that will start running by the end of 2012 are line 6, which connects the city’s East and West; line 10, which will become Beijing’s second loop line once completed; extension of line 8, connecting northern suburbs and the city centre; and extension of line 9 will link to the Beijing West Railway Station.
xizhimen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #1037
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3939

amazing...
Old December 17th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #1038
domtoren

Likes (Received): 1215

Gorgeous! But is it freely possible to take photos in the subway?

I am reaaly astonished by the modern that this metro system in Peking is.
I am also surprised that these images are possible, I thought that in China taking photos of such infrastructure is subject to restrictions and prohibitions due to fear of spying and terrorism.
In Holland, where I live, I have had a few times problems with police or security people who seem to suffer acute espionitis, when I was taking photos in the metro or rail stations and other SSC and rail forum photographers had similar problems, in reality there is no law which forbids it (in Cold War times it was prohibited but the ban was lifted in 1967), the point is that police and security people seem to like to bother photographers instead of catching thieves. How is the legal situation in China regarding rail photos and do policemen respect the law or do they forbid things allowed by the law?
domtoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #1039
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtoren View Post
I am reaaly astonished by the modern that this metro system in Peking is.
I am also surprised that these images are possible, I thought that in China taking photos of such infrastructure is subject to restrictions and prohibitions due to fear of spying and terrorism.
In Holland, where I live, I have had a few times problems with police or security people who seem to suffer acute espionitis, when I was taking photos in the metro or rail stations and other SSC and rail forum photographers had similar problems, in reality there is no law which forbids it (in Cold War times it was prohibited but the ban was lifted in 1967), the point is that police and security people seem to like to bother photographers instead of catching thieves. How is the legal situation in China regarding rail photos and do policemen respect the law or do they forbid things allowed by the law?
in this field( not something about political), china is as free as western countries.
Old December 18th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #1040
saiho

shanghai might still be the longest

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizhimen View Post
Beijing Subway to be the longest subway network in the world,Shanghai No.2

That might be wrong. The pic assumes shanghai doesn't open any new trackage, which it does. The deal breaker is if line 12 opens in time cause idk at this point.
Shanghai by
2011=424.8km (excluding maglev, line 22 and not double counting 3/4)
2012=446.2km (lines 12 phase 1, 13 phase 1 opened)

beijing by
2011=372.0km
2012=442.1km (line 6 phase 1,8 south,9 north,10 phase 2 opens)

Last edited by saiho; December 30th, 2013 at 02:19 AM. Reason: grammer

Tags
beijing, metro