daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2014, 05:28 PM   #1681
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

So that would mean for 400 RMB you would get 100 + 50*1.2 + 250*2 = 660 RMB worth of travel or 22 RMB/day for 30 days (or 30 RMB/day if you have 5 day working week).

Perhaps the "preferential policy for outside rush hours" would be something like Singapore's? Reportedly you travel for free if you are out of the system by 8 A.M. The logic is of course that that by traveling earlier there would be less travelers come rush hour.
:jax: está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2014, 03:40 AM   #1682
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Noooo, so I have to endure fare rises while I'm in Beijing!

Have you got a link to the news article, I'd like to forward it to people (Chinese is fine)?
Now it's like Shanghai's metro fare, still not very expensive to developed country's standard

here's the news link.

http://beijing.china.org.cn/2014-11/...t_34175443.htm
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #1683
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5732

Line 7 to open by end of year

http://www.jianzhan580.net/new/beiji...xian/10996.htm

http://ml.china.com.cn/html/guanzhu/...27/483948.html
Old November 29th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #1684
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101352

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
People use smart cards. There is no need to queue for tickets every morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
It's good for travelers but I wonder if many local people will buy it for they all use smart cards for metro/buses.
I didn't mean that. I wonder why nowhere in China avaialble, say, month tickets. Shanghai can only offer 3-day illimited pass, which is 45 RMB. Even smart cards, which are in fact e-wallets, they don't offer an illimited number of rides.

In Western countries and in Russia we do have month and even year tickets. In many European countries there are also week tickets and season tickets. But I've never seen kind of that in China or Hong Kong or Bangkok.

In Moscow I usually charge my Troyka card, putting there only 18200 rubles (which was 520 USD, now less than 400 because of the ruble fall down) and I can use Metro, monorail, buses, trams and trolleybuses whenever I want, as much as I want within 365 days.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #1685
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Now it's like Shanghai's metro fare, still not very expensive to developed country's standard
Shanghai metro is much more expensive than Moscow metro yet Moscow (and Russia overall) is much more expensive than Shanghai.

Old November 29th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #1686
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
Shanghai metro is much more expensive than Moscow metro yet Moscow (and Russia overall) is much more expensive than Shanghai.
That's not entirely true. Moscow has a flat fare of 40 RUB (USD 0.80). While Shanghai has fares ranging from 3 RMB to 15 RMB (USD 0.49 to USD 2.44)
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #1687
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

I go to work in Shanghai from Xujiahui to Pudong Zhangjiang, quite far by local standard, and pay 5 RMB (USD 0.82) per trip (metro). I guess most other people pay less for their metro trips.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 09:28 PM   #1688
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
That's not entirely true. Moscow has a flat fare of 40 RUB (USD 0.80). While Shanghai has fares ranging from 3 RMB to 15 RMB (USD 0.49 to USD 2.44)
40 RUB is a recent increase, before it was cheaper. But almost nobody buys 1-trip tickets. We've got tickets for 5, 10, 20, 60 etc trips, every ride being cheaper and cheaper. And then we've got month tickets, tickets for 90 days and 365 days. With them you really travel around much cheaper than in Shanghai.

Don't forget also that the tickets down here in Moscow are valid for all means of transport. And last year special 90-minute tickets were introduced. They allow you to make 1 ride on metro and as many rides on surface transport as you wish within 90 minutes.

So, getting around in Moscow by public transport is way cheaper than in great cities of China.

Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:05 PM   #1689
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26113

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=525

CNR previews Beijing's first driverless trains
Wednesday, December 03, 2014

CHINA Northern Locomotive and Rolling Stock Corporation (CNR) has released artist's impressions of the driverless trains it will deliver next year for the first metro line in Beijing to be equipped for Unattended Train Operation (UTO)

CNR is supplying a fleet of 60 eight-car stainless steel-bodied Type-B trains for the 10-station Yanfang Line under a contract awarded earlier this year. Each set will be capable of accommodating up to 1262 passengers.

The Yanfang Line will run for 15.2km from an interchange with the Fangshan Line at Cheliangduan station to Raolefu, where the line will divide into two branches serving Zhoukoudianzhen and Yanhua. Commercial services are expected to begin in December 2015

big-dog liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #1690
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

I believe Yanfang Line is under construction, but only the Yanhua branch. Or is the Zhoukoudian branch U/C too? Anyway, I think this should have been an extension of the Fangshan line, since it would be too much time wasted in the transfers from the Yanfang to the Fangshan and then to line 9.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #1691
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Is there a possibility of through-service like on Daxing Line and Line 4?
Old December 4th, 2014, 01:45 AM   #1692
saiho

Likes (Received): 1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Is there a possibility of through-service like on Daxing Line and Line 4?
Fangshan Line will be extended North to Fengyiqiao. Making it behave more like a separate line.

The Yanfang Line trains kind of look like Chengdu Metro Line 4's trains except not ugly.

big-dog liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #1693
xeror

Likes (Received): 33

I guess he meant through service between Yanfang Line and Fangshan Line, eliminating the interchange at Yancun North Station. This could be feasible if they want to but I doubt that would happen because of the poor systematic design in the subway history, considering the separations of Batong Line & Line 1, Yizhuang Line & Line 5, and Mentougou Line & Line 6. Not to mention the long walking distance at some of the interchange stations.
xeror no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #1694
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, and you are correct regarding my gender. Are all of these lines owned by Beijing Subway Corporation, or whatever it's called? In Tokyo they have through-running on lines owned by different companies, so I don't know why Beijing couldn't make it work with a subway monopoly.
Old December 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #1695
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeror View Post
[C]onsidering the separations of (...) Mentougou Line & Line 6.
Tell me the brilliant idea of making through service between line 6 (A regular subway line) and the Mentougou line a.k.a. line S1 (Which will be a Maglev line)
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 02:56 AM   #1696
xeror

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Tell me the brilliant idea of making through service between line 6 (A regular subway line) and the Mentougou line a.k.a. line S1 (Which will be a Maglev line)
Of course it can't be done once you built it that way. But it shouldn't be a maglev line in the first place. It's much better to eliminate the transfer time than to show off that you can build a maglev subway line. That's why I said it's a poor systematic design. They're not thinking the system as a whole but rather each line individually.
xeror no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #1697
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeror View Post
Of course it can't be done once you built it that way. But it shouldn't be a maglev line in the first place. It's much better to eliminate the transfer time than to show off that you can build a maglev subway line. That's why I said it's a poor systematic design. They're not thinking the system as a whole but rather each line individually.
Different schedules. And the S1 line may be further extended in the future into the "getaway" areas.
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 01:00 PM   #1698
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

In that part of Beijing there are plenty mountains in the way. I don't see how the metro lines could sprawl out like they do elsewhere.

This is my main gripe with the Beijing transport system, they have many wonderful pieces that aren't always joined up very well. In some cases it is a case of "not ready yet", but there are also structural choices that can't easily be changed. Excessive transfer time is one of them.

I have idly played with the idea of adding connecting tunnels so that trains from one line could run on the tracks of another line, reducing transfers and transfer time. Wouldn't be easy or cheap though.
:jax: está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #1699
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

China Radio
http://english.cri.cn/12394/2014/12/04/3781s855248.htm

Quote:
Beijing Sets 4-hour Limit for Subway Rides
2014-12-04 19:27:51 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Li Bin

The company in charge of running Beijing's subways has set a four-hour transfer limit for each ride in response to those so-called "fee-saving" solutions shared on the internet.

The time limit is the latest move of the capital's public transportation pricing reform which goes into effect on December 28 this year.

If a passenger fails to finish a ride within four hours, he or she will have to pay an additional three yuan, or the starting price for a single trip, before being let out of the subway.

According to calculations, the longest trip on Beijing subways mounts to 88 kilometers, covering 47 stations, which takes 143 minutes.

Among the "fee-saving" schemes, one solution suggests that a passenger could swipe card A at the initial station, but use card B to walk out of the destination stop. By doing this, a passenger has to spend only three yuan for each journey however long.

The subway authority has warned passengers not to take risks, for once caught, the person could face a penalty of ten times of the thorough fare of a single trip, which is nine yuan.

Beijing's municipal government announced the price hike for the city's public transportation system in late November.

Under the new pricing scheme, for a single journey on the city's subway, the fare for a trip of no more than six kilometers is three yuan ($US 0.49).

Traveling a distance between six and 12 kilometers will cost a passenger four yuan. Beyond that, one yuan per 10 kilometer will be added to the total fare for a single subway trip spanning between 12 and 32 kilometers.

Currently, the city's subway fare is two yuan for a single journey, no matter the distance.

The subway company says it will set up conspicuous signs in each station to inform passengers of the new pricing policy.
Old December 7th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #1700
_Night City Dream_

Hehe^ and what should I person, who just wants to travel around and take pictures of metro, do?

Tags
beijing, metro