daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 8th, 2014, 05:50 AM   #1701
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5754

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
Hehe^ and what should I person, who just wants to travel around and take pictures of metro, do?
Surely those of us who can afford the luxury of traveling around the subway for 4+ hours taking photos of the various trains and infrastructure can afford an extra 3 RMB.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #1702
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

And besides, after 4 hrs of metro riding i would be hungry.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany

_Night City Dream_ liked this post
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2014, 04:21 PM   #1703
NCT
Not Cwite There

Likes (Received): 1767

Surely unresolved journeys (i.e. an entry without an exit within 4 hours, as well as an exit without a corresponding entry) should be charged the maximum fare?
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #1704
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5754

If everyone buys 3 RMB tickets just prior to entering, then gives the ticket to a person exiting at the same station the entering person entered in, then everyone's journey will cost just 3 RMB, regardless of length. Of course, this assumes the price is 3 RMB if one enters and exits at the same station, and that people actually do this kind of stuff.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 09:27 AM   #1705
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Four new lines/sections will open on December 28

The new openings include,
  • Line 6 phase II
  • Line 7
  • Line 14 east
  • Line 15 phase I west
Total 62.2km, 43 stations.

After the 4 openings Beijing will have a 18-line, 320-station, 527km metro network.

source

Arnorian, Geography, geometarkv, n20, saiho liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #1706
erkantang

Likes (Received): 186

Great! Have this now surpassed shanghai's metro in km?
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 11:51 PM   #1707
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

It would be great if we could get a larger map of the new lines. This one is pretty small.
As for surpassing: Not yet. Shanghai has 538km. And will get new extentions soon, too.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany

biesiadnik liked this post
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #1708
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

2014 is not a big metro opening year for Shanghai (addition of only 6 new stations, 12 km), Shanghai's metro length will be around 550km by the end of 2014 if Maglev is not counted.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 05:28 AM   #1709
孟天宝

Likes (Received): 76

Got this from Xinhua news online.

I was under the assumption it was still 2 yuan flag fare for the metro. I only visit Beijing once or twice a year, my Yikatong is still valid right?

Quote:
Beijing ready for public transit fare hikes

BEIJING, Dec. 27 (Xinhua) -- Beijing' s subways suspended service Saturday night to prepare for public transit fare hikes on Sunday.

Passengers were banned from entering subway stations at 9 p.m.

Saturday, to give workers time to adjust the fare counting system.

Authorities increased bus transport to ensure the travel of passengers after the suspension of subways.

Meanwhile, 15,000 personnel were mobilized to upgrade the card sweeping machines on the city's 22,000 buses overnight after the end of their operation on Saturday.

The public transport begins to adopt new fares on Sunday, which double the current prices on average, but include some discount schemes.

According to the pricing adjustment plan, the minimum price for a subway ride will be 3 yuan, which covers a ride of 6 km, compared with the current flat-fare of 2 yuan with unlimited transfers. The subway fares will increase in accordance with the length of travels.

For bus passengers, a ride of 10 km will be 2 yuan and 1 yuan for every further 5 km. Smart card users will enjoy a 50 percent discount and student card users 75 percent discount.

Bus transport in Beijing is currently 1 yuan on most lines, with a smart card price of only 0.4 yuan. Some longer bus lines charge passengers according to the length of ride.

The number of passengers taking the subway hit 3.2 billion last year in Beijing, an increase of 350 percent from 2007. Subsidies jumped from 13.5 billion yuan in 2010 to 20 billion yuan in 2013.
孟天宝 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #1710
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26129

Updated map from urbanrail.net with new line 7 and line 6 (Caofang - Lucheng), 14 ( Jintailu - Shangezhuang) and 15 (Wangjing West - Qinghuadongluxikou) extensions:

Arnorian, big-dog, :jax: liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #1711
saiho

Likes (Received): 1291

Beijing opens four new subway lines looking to break 12 million passengers per day

Quote:
With over 60km of new subway opened in 2014, traffic authorities predict peak subway ridership over 12 million passengers per day will soon become the norm...
Source

The great thing about the new extensions is that they all will serve some sort of relief function.

Line 6 Phase 2 relieves Batong and Line 1

Line 7 relieves Line 1 and southern leg of Line 10, heck even Line 2

Line 14 east relieves the eastern legs of Line 10 and Line 13

Line 15 western extension relieves the northern legs of Line 10 and 13

However two new major new pinch points will also be created, both Line 14 related:

Line 6 between Shilipu to Hujialou is currently @ %110 capacity. The current Line 14 west terminus dumping all its passengers into Line 6 will not help the situation at all.

Line 10 is 130% over capacity between Guomao and Shuangjing. An interchange between 7 and 10 @ Shuangjing will make things worse. coupled with the fact that Shuangjing Station is not designed to handle the transferring crowds, it was decided that Line 7 trains will bypass Shuangjing. ATM Shuangjing will be a Line 10 only station.

Authorities are looking into ways to retrofit Shuangjing to accommodate the new crowds. My suggestion starts with "Spanish" and ends with "Solution".

Of course if Line 14 opened to Jiulongshan then these 2 pinch points would be much more manageable.

:jax:, big-dog, dimlys1994 liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:03 AM   #1712
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

The Urbanrail map shows that Beijing would have benefited from an integrated suburban rail system.

Wikipedia seems mostly updated by now as well.

(Yizhuang Railway Station has been "opening soon" for some time now...)
Old December 29th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #1713
Geography

Likes (Received): 104

Is there a possibility of the Airport Express line interchanging with Line 14? Will Line 15 interchange with the western part of Line 13?
Geography no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #1714
Bcn
paradiso città

Likes (Received): 26

One question!?

The are interchange between Lines 15 and 5 in Datunlu East and between Lines 7 and 10 in Shuanjing?
Old December 29th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #1715
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography View Post
Is there a possibility of the Airport Express line interchanging with Line 14? Will Line 15 interchange with the western part of Line 13?
Yes there will be an interchange between 15 and 13, it's just not ready yet. Also I think it is a strategic decision to avoid overloading the system. The Western Leg of Line 13 is 133% over capacity. An interchange will further over load the line as people try to get to Financial Street to work during rush hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcn View Post
One question!?

The are interchange between Lines 15 and 5 in Datunlu East and between Lines 7 and 10 in Shuanjing?
Same reason as above. I think they want to divert riders, particularly from Wangjing, to less congested lines (Lines 8, 13 east leg, and 14).

Last edited by saiho; December 29th, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old December 29th, 2014, 08:14 PM   #1716
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

I guess for the same reason they didn't open the Junshi Bowuguan stop on line 9 until a few days before the opening of line 6 last year.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #1717
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I guess for the same reason they didn't open the Junshi Bowuguan stop on line 9 until a few days before the opening of line 6 last year.
True. However unlike Junshi Bowuguan there is no line opening in in the near future that can relieve Lines 5 and 13. Unless they want to buy Line 14 some time to get more trains and shoulder most of the demand before the other links open up.
Old December 30th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #1718
Jimmy452

Likes (Received): 0

As we all know China is a Populated country but their transport systems are unique and working well.Trains are good in condition and tracks are full advanced.I like it.
Jimmy452 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 05:43 AM   #1719
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101646

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Four new lines/sections will open on December 28

The new openings include,
  • Line 6 phase II
  • Line 7
  • Line 14 east
  • Line 15 phase I west
Total 62.2km, 43 stations.

After the 4 openings Beijing will have a 18-line, 320-station, 527km metro network.
The rolling stock, as I can guess is the same B-size 6-car trains?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 05:58 AM   #1720
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
The rolling stock, as I can guess is the same B-size 6-car trains?
Line 14: 6 Car A size
Line 6: 8 Car B size
Line 7: 6 car B size + 2 Car "future" expansion
Line 15: 6 Car B size

Tags
beijing, metro