daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2016, 09:50 PM   #1901
saiho

Likes (Received): 1301

In 2015, Beijing subway carried 3.24 billion people with a fleet of 4,946 subway cars. The drop in ridership from last year most likely from the initial shock of the subway fare increase. Buses carried 3.98 billion passengers on a fleet of 24,347 buses most likely the busiest bus network in the world.

Source

Attus liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:58 PM   #1902
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I've seen some planned Beijing metro maps, with line numbers reaching 31! . Some lines and extensions are missing from the Wikipedia map (which only details the plans up to 2021), which I explain below:
Line 8: Has a branch to Nanyuan.
Line 11: East-West line between lines 14 and 10, then jumps North to the natural extension of line 7 to Mentougou district.
Line 18: Express line right in the same path as line 1, with two branches at its Eastern end in Tongzhou.
Line 19: Extends North to Shahe Gaojiayuan (with a branch to Qinghe) and South to Nanyuan. Also has another branch to western Daxing.
Line 20: A line linking the current Shoudu (Capital) Airport with the new one U/C in Daxing via Beijing Railway station.
Line 21: Fangshan-Yizhuang-Tongzhou-Shunyi (former line S6), mostly along 6th Ring Road (G4501). Has a branch to Shoudu Airport.
Line 23: A line running to the southeastern outskirts (Caiyu). What blows my mind, is that they are planning to have its downtown terminus at the CBD APM line, without any transfers to other lines there.
Line 24: Yizhuang line, already built.
Line 25: Both the Fangshan (in service) and the Yanhua-Fangshan (Yanfang, U/C) lines. I'm surprised they are planning to extend the Fangshan line all the way to... Xizhimen!
Line 26: The Mentougou Maglev (former line S1), under construction.
Line 27: Changping line, already built.
Line 28: Yuquan Lu line. It may be a light rail line instead of monorail.
Line 29: A light rail line running through the Southern suburbs from Fengtai to Yizhuang.
Line 30: This light rail line (along line 7 extension) may be the replacement for the Sihuan line, as it would run from Shangezhuang to Yizhuang.
Line 31: The 'North link' light rail, from Yongfeng to Houshayu.

By the way, the Bawangfen-Tongzhou (Batong) and Daxing lines are considered part of lines 1 and 4 respectively.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 02:59 AM   #1903
saiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Line 21: Fangshan-Yizhuang-Tongzhou-Shunyi (former line S6), mostly along 6th Ring Road (G4501). Has a branch to Shoudu Airport.
I believe this line is now planned to be a intercity line. Most likely using CRH6 rolling stock.
Old February 21st, 2016, 07:02 AM   #1904
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Quote:
S6 and the other commuter rail lines seem back to their old designations, in any case S6/21 are supposedly having a "rethink" given other plans for Jingjinji transport.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 05:57 AM   #1905
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

I don't really get that ... Will the "S" network now absorbed into "normal" subway lines? Or will it still be a separate network run by the Beijing City Rail, like the S2 ... thus would be more like commuter trains?
For example : is the Mentougou line to be considered part of the subway network?
Dr.Dennis.Deng está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 09:09 AM   #1906
dixiadetie

Likes (Received): 798

Jianguomen Station of Line 1

Photoed by @针妙丸厨

JianGuoMen , opened on Sep,28th,1999 , the interchange between line 1 and line 2
Going through the city center , it always busy . Tubes on the ceiling implies a old atmosphere .

The DKZ4 rolling stock is the oldest train in Beijing subway system , born in 1998 . 31 sets in total , 19 sets made by Changchun Railway Vehicles Company Ltd , 12 sets made by Beijing Subway Rolling Stock Equipment Co. Ltd. . With modernize program and signal replacement , it will be in operation for another 10 years .

SFM04 is the new rolling stock of Line 1 , 39 sets in total , 20 sets made by CSR Sifang Co Ltd. , 19 sets made by Beijing Subway Rolling Stock Equipment Co. Ltd. , in 2006 . As the other trains do , destination of the train is shown on it's head . There is no platform screen doors , so trains often wear adds on its body for the passengers can straightly see the adds .
You can easily notice the mess of lines on the wall , for electronic and signal .

The train is powered by the third rail , 750V . The notch between the track is for someone who fall down the track to prevent hitting by train , lay down !

Staff area , the screen below the clock shows the countdown for departure when the train arrive . Technically the length of platform capable for longer train , but unsafe for evacuation .

CCTV and speaker .

Another SFM04 , G462 , "G" means Gucheng Depot (古城车辆段) . “4” means VVVF-train , "62" means the 62nd set of rolling stocks of line 1 .

Anther DKZ4 , "S" means Sihui Depot (四惠车辆段) , “4” means VVVF-train , "15" means the 15th set of rolling stocks of line 1 . The logo "北京" written by MaoZeDong , is on the front of the train , and it every train in Beijing subway system has this logo.
The driver is on the platform for safety check , he will return to the driver cab when the train ready to go .
Old March 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #1907
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17044

Are there any plans to overhaul the interchange station?
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #1908
dixiadetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Are there any plans to overhaul the interchange station?
Not yet , but all stations of line 1\2\13 will be equipped with plat form screen doors . It is too dangerous when rush hour , people almost stand at the edge of platrom .

AsHalt liked this post
dixiadetie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 09:02 PM   #1909
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8832

This station is my in-laws local station and I used it quite a bit in Beijing. It is DEFINITELY crowded during rush hour and it can feel a bit dangerous without the doors. Glad to hear they'll be equipped with platform screens in the near future.

Here was my walkthrough of the station:

Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 07:38 AM   #1910
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Beijing subway seems less modern than the one in Shanghai. In pictures at least as I've not been in either city.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #1911
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6896

That's just because lines 1 & 2 are several decades old, but all the other lines are as modern as any other new Asian metro system.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 05:57 PM   #1912
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Compare the time stamps on

Beijing:

Shanghai:

Guangzhou:

Old March 6th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #1913
SametErol
BANNED

Likes (Received): 28

massive change
SametErol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:05 PM   #1914
Pierre50

Likes (Received): 31

Thanks to "Dixiadetie" for very interesting and detailed explanations on train numbering in Beijing subway.
I then understand that each car of a train has its unique number (not visible in the front), then a train has a number in relation to both its allocation depot and line it is allocated.
QUESTION : what happened if train G462 is transferred to Line 2 (if this is of course technically possible), will it be renumbered ?

Other question can you give the type train allocation for each line (ex DKZ4 and SFM04 for Line 1), and explain how to understand these type letters, if any logical.

Regarding comments made by other forumers on cables visible on some pictures, this is in relation with the age of construction of these stations. this is visible in many other subways in the world in many countries.
It is true to say that very modern constructions tend to hide all these technical parts of the systems which nevertheless are necessary.

Thanks also for pictures of these technical details (signalling, counting, hole to protect people in case they fall on tracks, third rail, ...)
Pierre50 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 06:45 AM   #1915
saiho

Conflicting pictures of what the Yanroom Line rolling stock is.

This is the original rolling stock.

Source

But then this surfaced

Source
Old March 7th, 2016, 04:46 PM   #1916
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Yanroom? I assume it's the Yanfang line, or Yanhua-Fangshan line, or line 25 extension (Line 25 being the Fangshan line). But then, is only the Yanhua branch U/C or is the Zhoukoudian one also U/C?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 10:53 PM   #1917
saiho

Quote:
Yanroom? I assume it's the Yanfang line, or Yanhua-Fangshan line, or line 25 extension (Line 25 being the Fangshan line). But then, is only the Yanhua branch U/C or is the Zhoukoudian one also U/C?
Yes my mistake on the copy and paste
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:30 PM   #1918
dixiadetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre50 View Post
Thanks to "Dixiadetie" for very interesting and detailed explanations on train numbering in Beijing subway.
I then understand that each car of a train has its unique number (not visible in the front), then a train has a number in relation to both its allocation depot and line it is allocated.
QUESTION : what happened if train G462 is transferred to Line 2 (if this is of course technically possible), will it be renumbered ?

Other question can you give the type train allocation for each line (ex DKZ4 and SFM04 for Line 1), and explain how to understand these type letters, if any logical.

Regarding comments made by other forumers on cables visible on some pictures, this is in relation with the age of construction of these stations. this is visible in many other subways in the world in many countries.
It is true to say that very modern constructions tend to hide all these technical parts of the systems which nevertheless are necessary.

Thanks also for pictures of these technical details (signalling, counting, hole to protect people in case they fall on tracks, third rail, ...)
The train number (of current lines) would not change because it always run on the same line . But I'm not clear whether were the trains before 1990s were changed her belongs .

That would be great project to list all types of train each line . I will do it some time .
dixiadetie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 04:11 AM   #1919
saiho

Beijing Subway just broke a ridership record on March 25 with 12,098,900 rides. Waiting for Line 6 to hit over 1 million.

Here is the breakdown by line:
Line 1: 1.329 million
Line 2: 1.202 million
Line 4: 1.379 million
Line 5: 1.142 million
Line 6: 958,000
Line 7: 442,000
Line 8: 423,000
Line 9: 564,000
Line 10: 1.869 million
Line 13: 832,000
Line 14W: 65,000
Line 14E: 538,000
Line 15: 353,000
Batong Line: 340,000
Changping Line: 238,000
Daxing Line: 371,000
Fangshan Line: 130,000
Airport Line 37,000
Yizhuang line 214,000

Source

Last edited by saiho; March 27th, 2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old March 30th, 2016, 09:16 AM   #1920
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101901

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiadetie View Post
The train number (of current lines) would not change because it always run on the same line . But I'm not clear whether were the trains before 1990s were changed her belongs .

That would be great project to list all types of train each line . I will do it some time .
I'm also trying to do that. Would you like to join me?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
beijing, metro