daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: So??
Asphalt 92 80.70%
Concrete 22 19.30%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 26th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #301
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19362

The problem is that Poland has to apply European laws for transportation, since they joined EU. That means European procedures in land acquiring, environmental impact assessments, noise pollution and air quality have to be done. That takes up a lot of time, easily several years, if there is a lot of opposition to the motorway from local farmers or residents. Maybe Poland didn't want to wait that long, and only repaved the road, and did minor improvements.

However, this is just a theory of mine.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #302
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Chris, that's not just a theory. You are absolutley right. But now, when the main target is Euro 2012, we simplified our laws. And we started to reconstruct this road before we joined EU. Would this all procedures take much more time? I dont think so - look at the other parts of A4 and A18.
So we wasted big chance to have great 3+ motoway. I saw You will visit Poland next year, and then You will see, that this 3+ motorway is necessary.
a za oknem słonko świeci.

Last edited by pmaciej7; October 26th, 2007 at 09:03 PM.
pmaciej7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #303
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
At present the Waikato Expressway towards Hamilton from Auckland is pretty rough. It's got quite a shoddy road surface on it, though it doesn't have exits like that Polish motorway!
I'll take some pictures next time I'm heading down that way.
We are waiting.
Old October 27th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #304
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8773

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaciej7 View Post
We are waiting.
I'm a Uni student in exam period! Give me time, the Waikato expressway leads to a city that not many people really want to go to (Hamilton)...
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #305
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Quote:
I'm a Uni student in exam period!
Good luck then!!

Quote:
Give me time...
Ok, but don't forget us

Last edited by pmaciej7; October 27th, 2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: deleting signature
Old November 11th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #306
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
khm, there is some 200 m (not km fortunately!) of croatian A3 at bridge over river Sava at zagreb bypass in direction east that is really horrible!
ok, i ahve found one photo of this, i took it a year ago (north part of bridge was under reconstruction, so there was 2 way traffic on the crappy south one and this is described part). i traveled there this week and i wanted to take photos, but i was late: now there is 2 way traffic at north part and crappy part is going to history
so, this photo will stay the only evidence of it (tnx god)

x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #307
Jeroen669

Likes (Received): 13

I remember an other dutch example. The "Moerdijkbrug" in the A16 is in really bad shape at this moment...
Jeroen669 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #308
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Hey you, raising on western motorways, if you drove old A6 near Szczecin, you wouldn't even notice this croatian A3 crap... (or better comment would be )
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #309
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaciej7 View Post
Hey you, raising on western motorways, if you drove old A6 near Szczecin, you wouldn't even notice this croatian A3 crap... (or better comment would be )
well, it is only 200 m section fortunately. the situation is (was) crappy because it's a bridge, so i guess it a bit more complicated to repair it than non-bridge section. i haven't caught crucial parts - there were 2-3 holes in pavement, i allways drove slalom between them because they were calling my axles to damage it
actually, you can see one hole, it's at the right edge of pavement near shadow of portal. (btw, portal is also extremely old fashioned and ugly, it has allready been changed this year)
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #310
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

I see there were 3 lanes without emergency - will the bridge be widen or only pavement will be changed?
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #311
x-type
con los terroristas

no, there are 2 lanes and emergency. those yellow lines are temporary because of road works (men at work ), look at those white (they are very bright) - those are real.

only pavement is being repaired. there are plans for widening Zagreb bypass in next few years to 3+3, but i think the bridge will stay without emergency lanes in that case because it would be quite complicated to widen it (it is more than 1 km long and pretty high). you must have passed accross that bridge if you entered to Croatia from Hungary
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #312
pmaciej7
Cooperator Veritatis

Now i know, what deceived me. It is a reverse carriageway, and this white broken line divided 2 traffic lanes. And left yellow line is painted on white continous line, which divided traffic lane and emergency lane.
I entered Croatia from Slovenia near Maribor, not from Hungary, so i don't know that bridge. But i think i drove on something a little bit crappy just like this one.

EDIT: It was sufficient to look at road sign.

Last edited by pmaciej7; November 11th, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #313
x-type
con los terroristas

ÿes, you understand now this bridge is over river Sava at the place where A4 divides from A3 (it's still A3). there is another bridge over river Sava at Zgb bypass, at west side at A2. it's also long little more than 1 km, also crappy (not as this one) and also under repair (you remember that one). those bridges were built in app. 1980 and haven't been maintained well. so now they are repairing them. next year it will be completely done (both)
Old November 12th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #314
Ballota