search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum > Republic of Ireland

Republic of Ireland For projects and construction in Dublin and the South

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 18th, 2005, 11:22 AM   #1
KRN且RNY
BANED

Likes (Received): 39

HELP about DUBLIN

Hello
I cant find any information about Dublin? I find only one thread about ladscapes of Ireland:-) Were is more ?
thank you and regards

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #2
kebabmonster

Likes (Received): 2

What sort of info you after? Bars/Pubs? Museums? Buildings? Accomodation?
kebabmonster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #3
KRN且RNY
BANED

eh. My sister arrived to Dublin in next month and interesting me around information about Dublin, streets photos, pubs...will be nice:-), information about museums i find in many pages. Interesting me live in Dublin:-) of course, i am a old user this forum, so buildings or new inwestition too:-)
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #4
kebabmonster

Likes (Received): 2

http://homepage.eircom.net/~nobyrne/dubliners.html

is a humorous look on the Dubliners and life in Dublin

http://gofree.indigo.ie/~amono/pubs.html

is a pub guide, but Dublin's the sort of place you don't really need a pub guide. Just go to the city centre and follow your nose, you'll find something you like. And prepare to pay big bucks in even the most basic of places, esp. Temple Bar.

As far as developments, I don't know any that aren't mentioned on here/skyscrapers.com. Here's where the locals can help you.
The U2 tower looks impressive.

dublin's southern suburbs are nice, Monkstown/Black Rock/Dun Leoghaire
kebabmonster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 05:57 PM   #5
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17513

I have some photos on my website from my visit last year. Click on the photo :

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM   #6
KRN且RNY
BANED

hkskyline, yours web I looking at first! month ago, beuty fotos, congratulations:-) Maybe tell me some about Dublin? Nice place? expenciv? how lnog you stay in Dublin?
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #7
hkskyline
Hong Kong

I visited Dublin for one day only. I flew in from London in the morning and left that night.

Dublin is an interesting city. I particularly liked the pedestrianized streets on Grafton and Henry. There is a lot of historical architecture in that part of town, and it is very walkable. Museums are closed on Mondays, which I didn't know and my visit was on a Monday. If you plan on doing a museum-only day, I sugggest purchasing a Dublin Pass, which is available at the tourism counter at the airport. The pass allows free entry to many museums in the city and it has a guidebook. The pass also includes a one-way trip to the city centre by coach from the airport.

Dublin is considerably cheaper than London. A decent lunch would cost about 10 euros (I had a crepe that day).

If you're into beer, make sure you visit the Guinness factory. It's far from the rest of the attractions, but they do give you a sample of beer with your admission ticket and you can enjoy it while looking out towards the city on their high-level observation area. From my recollection, the beer didn't taste like beer at all, but a mix of grains that had a very nice aroma to it.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #8
KRN且RNY
BANED

10 EURO? HARD PRICE.
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:38 AM   #9
hkskyline
Hong Kong

It depends where you're coming from and the cost of living there. Ireland is cheaper than France, and is about on par with Spain, although Spain might be slightly cheaper. Europe in general is quite expensive. I'm used to eating noodles and congee in Hong Kong fast food restaurants for US$2 or less, which I'll have trouble finding in Western Europe.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: