SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Which teams in the following sports do Londoners (and surrounding areas) support?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I wonder this because the Windsor thread of a similar vein had me thinking about London, which is sorta in the middle.

For NHL teams, which do you support? The Sabres, the Leafs or the Red Wings?

For MLB teams, Jays or Tigers? I remember there being a London Tigers minor league team a while ago...

For football...Lions, Bills, or CFL Argos?

NBA...Raptors, Pistons, or don't care?

I know that London is clearly a Toronto town because when you compare how crazy the city gets when the Leafs are doing a good run...it's almost like being in Toronto. For baseball, I think the split is a bit closer between the Tigers and Jays because the Tigers had their AA team here for a while...but I would know that there are a TON of Jays fans here. I'm part of a Blue Jays forum and London has a significant representation at that forum. Plus, at the bars and restaurants...it's always a Toronto team that gets the first pick on the T.V.

I think London is more Toronto-oriented as far as sports teams are concerned, most will cheer for the Leafs, the Jays, and the Raptors. I know that almost all of the hockey fans I have seen in college like the Leafs, and the only other teams cheered for include Ottawa, Detroit, and Montreal. Also, now that Eric Lindros is with the Leafs, who is a London native, London is gonna go more Leaf crazy.

I prefer to stay safe in Windsor (Detroit) or near Buffalo, that's my territory as far as sports are concerned, Sabres and Red Wings fan here (and Penguins on the side, as you can tell by my avatar, they gotta WIN). Also a Tigers fan in baseball. Although I am tempted (since the NHL has returned and show my appreciation) to go see a Leafs/Sabres game in Toronto, but will not wear my Sabres jersey. :) The ONLY NHL game I saw in Toronto was almost ten years ago at the old Maple Leaf Gardens.

I remember I was at the Western Fair, wearing a Red Wings shirt and Tigers hat, and that got a LOT of attention, particularly with Toronto Maple Leaf fans, they said look what this guy is wearing, but some actually liked me wearing that stuff, few Detroit sports fans there, surprisingly. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.