SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semarang: A Harmonious Blending of Cultures

156K views 506 replies 68 participants last post by  bozhart 
#1 ·
Semarang​

Semarang is a city on the north coast of the island of Java, Indonesia. It is the capital of the province of Central Java (Jawa Tengah). It has an area of 373,67 km² and approximately 1.5 million people making it the Indonesia's fifth largest city . Semarang is located at 6°58′ S 110°25′ E. A major port during the Dutch colonial era, and still an important port today, the city is known in Indonesia for its large ethnically Chinese population. The name of the city, Semarang, may have originated from the concatenation of the words "asem" (tamarind) and "arang".

See less See more
#69 ·
I'm trying to reach DAVID-80 who is I believe in Semarang Indonesia.
Dave I was in Semarang last March and stayed at the Graha Santika. The gen.manager was Mr. Tono. I understand Tono is now the GM at the Horison Hotel next to your office. Please say hello fior me and ask him for his e-mail addrress. Just say Mr. Ed from Seattle.
Thanks.
Ed

#85 ·
If you happen to be in Semarang, please take pictures of Gumaya Hotel construction (Jalan Gajahmada). I saw the rendering in a magazine, it would be 17 storey, and it claimed as the tallest building in Semarang.

Good development for Semarang, it means the high limit for building (12 storey) has been lifted. Thank in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.