daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #181
Cunning Linguist

Likes (Received): 4

My bad. The area I wanted filled in was the area north east of the runway. For some reason I thought it was Hung Hom, but obviously isn't. For the same reason - that polluted water just gets trapped there.
Cunning Linguist no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #182
hkth

Likes (Received): 25

Gov't Press Release:
Draft Kai Tak Outline Zoning Plan gazetted

From news.gov.hk:
323-hectare Kai Tak plan released
hkth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:07 PM   #183
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17798

啟德六公頃地建低密度住宅
星島
11月 24日 星期五 04:45PM

城市規劃委員會公布,啟德地區共設6個分區,分別是啟德城中心、體育場館區、都會公園、跑道休閒區、旅遊及休閒中心和南停機坪角,每個分區由休憩用地緊密連繫起來。根據啟德分區計劃大綱草圖,該分區涵蓋面積達323公頃,將發展為香港文化體育和旅遊綠茵樞紐。分區涵蓋範圍包括前機場用地的北停機坪、南停機坪、跑道區,以及馬頭角海旁、觀塘海旁、茶果嶺海旁、啟德明渠進口道、土瓜灣避風塘和觀塘避風塘;共設6個分區,分別是啟德城中心、體育場館區、都會公園、跑道休閒區、旅遊及休閒中心和南停機坪角,每個分區由休憩用地緊密連繫起來。區內約約60.7公頃土地劃作郵輪碼頭項目和其相關設施。合共約35.4公頃土地劃作住宅發展用途,包括6幅,面積共約6.1公頃的土地作低層數、低密度住宅發展。

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM   #184
hkskyline
Hong Kong

郵輪碼頭設專員督工
11月 28日 星期二 05:05AM

【明報專訊】立法會經濟事務委員會昨日討論啟德跑道興建郵輪碼頭的計劃。會上政府表示,將安排一名旅遊事務助理專員( 屬D2首長級別 )專責實施和監督招標,並支援跨部門委員會及下設的兩個工作小組,監察計劃之餘同時協調處理啟德污染問題。

會上有議員認為,中標財團擁有50年營運權太長,建議改為30年,之後再按情續約20年。經濟發展及勞工局常任秘書長鄭汝樺表示,東南九龍屬全新發展地區,區內配套尚未成熟,中標財團須作龐大投資,相信50年經營權更能確保合理回報。多名議員均認為工程進度太慢,希望加快碼頭的興建時間表。經濟發展及勞工局長葉澍劏重申,由於涉及法定程序及環評工作,首個泊位最快2012年才能啟用。

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old December 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #185
hkskyline
Hong Kong

特首讚規劃署啟德建議
12月 07日 星期四 05:05AM

【明報專訊】特首曾蔭權昨日到訪規劃署,署長伍謝淑瑩向他講解香港長遠規劃和配合珠三角發展的研究進展,以及如何在城市規劃上應用資訊科技。

曾蔭權觀看啟德發展模型後,讚揚規劃署的建議突顯啟德的特點,他相信該區將來一定會發展成為匯集綠茵、體育及旅遊特色的新焦點。

政府新聞處

Old December 8th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #186
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Kai Tak development exhibition to open
December 5, 2006
Government Press Release

The Planning Department will hold a roving exhibition on the Kai Tak Development Plan from December 7 to the end of January. It will feature display panels, computer animation and a physical model to show the key development proposals for Kai Tak.

After the completion of three rounds of public participation programmes for the Kai Tak Planning Review, a revised Preliminary Outline Development Plan was prepared. Based on the proposals in the revised plan, a new draft Kai Tak Outline Zoning Plan was prepared.

Click here - http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2...0612050163.htm - for the exhibition schedule. For more details visit the department's website - http://http://www.pland.gov.hk.

Old December 8th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #187
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Hong Kong Standard
November 13, 2006 Monday
Diamond Hill Eyed for Train Depot

The train depot for the future Sha Tin- Central rail line may be relocated to Diamond Hill, according to government sources. The original plan was for the depot to be built at Kai Tak, but under the Kai Tak redevelopment plan announced last month, the government said the depot would be relocated to another district because it limited the integration of Kowloon City and the future development of Kai Tak, sources said.

The government is studying the feasibility of building the depot at Tai Hom Village, Diamond Hill, which is already slated for integrated development, the sources said.

The land at Tai Hom Village was abandoned almost four years ago, and construction of the depot is expected to speed up the planned development of Diamond Hill, sources said.

``Since Tai Hom Village had been proposed as the site for the depot before it was `ticked out' from the Kai Tak redevelopment plan, naturally we would study its feasibility. We still should have certain background information about it,'' a source said.

Located opposite the Galaxia private housing estate, the 7.1-hectare Tai Hom Village is one of the major plots of land earmarked for further development.

The government and the Kowloon- Canton Railway Corp would need to amend the sub-district planning map if the proposal is finalized because it was not originally planned for the building of a train depot.

Sources said the possibility of allowing private housing atop the depot would not be ruled out. It remains to be seen whether the proposal would hasten or slow down the planned development of the village.

The government is confident of getting the depot built, citing examples of rail depots built in urban areas, such as Telford Garden in Kowloon Bay, Heng Fa Chuen in Chai Wan and Luk Yeung Sun Tsuen in Tsuen Wan. Centaline Surveyors managing director Victor Lai Kin-fai estimated the Tai Hom Village site would cost more than HK$10 billion. ``Building the depot might decrease the price of the land, but it also depends if there's real estate built on the depot and its influence on the neighborhood,'' Lai said.

A KCRC spokesman said it is still waiting for the government to announce the plan for the Sha Tin-Central rail line.

An Environment, Transport and Works Bureau spokesman said the government is still studying the Sha Tin-Central line under the KCRC's merger with the Mass Transit Railway Corp. The study includes details on the planning and infrastructure items of stops along the line, but nothing has been finalized.

The KCRC proposed last year that the rail line be divided into two routes _ one extending from the East Rail to Central, via Causeway Bay, the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai and Admiralty, and the other one extending from Ma On Shan Rail to Tai Wai and Hung Hom stations, via Diamond Hill, Kai Tak, Ma Tau Wai and Ho Man Tin. The Sha Tin-Central line is expected to come into service in 2011.

Old December 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #188
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Plan from an old government website :

Old December 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #189
hkskyline
Hong Kong

九龍貨倉申建6幢住宅
12月 12日 星期二 05:05AM

【明報專訊】九倉(0004)申請將正對啟德跑道的九龍貨倉,發展為「海景版」星河明居,申建6幢33至38層住宅 ( 於2層商業平台、1層園景平台、1層地庫停車場以上 ),共提供1426伙,城規會將於本周五審理。另外,關注維港組織「共創我們的海港區」申請將九鐵(相關新聞 - 網站)持有的一幅紅磡海旁用地,發展為零售及娛樂休憩區,供市民享用,亦於本周五審理。

Last edited by hkskyline; December 16th, 2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old December 20th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #190
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old December 20th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #191
bixel

Likes (Received): 0

Sure hope they are successful on the clean up project..HK Harbour is a treasure that should not get neglected. If it takes longer to do a good cleanup then the better - I'd rather wait and know that the land is safe.

Great posts on the clean-up proposals and methods being reviewed.
bixel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:29 PM   #192
jason poon
A Hongkonger

Likes (Received): 1

I personally deprecate the master plan of Kai Tak, or even that for West Kowloon Reclamation Area. Kai Tak is a treasure that able to rebound our economy. Why not open it for international tender and invite for innovative ideas. The gov't's planning dept was just simply filled in the blanks with apple and banana that our kids were exercising in kindergarten!

Let's share the Singapore practice on Marina Bay and Sentosa......a brilliance of future that may successfully turn over its original "boring" image (at least in HKer's eyes)!!!
jason poon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 03:47 AM   #193
hkskyline
Hong Kong

They did the international competition for West Kowloon, and that did result in a nice plan by Foster, but then the politics got in the way to screw things up.

Kai Tak was meant to be a residential community, hence it doesn't make sense to send it out for international tender. Then various things were added and dropped, such as the cruise terminal. The original concept of a pollution-free city is quite good. I hope that stays.

Old December 21st, 2006, 12:33 PM   #194
jason poon
A Hongkonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
They did the international competition for West Kowloon, and that did result in a nice plan by Foster, but then the politics got in the way to screw things up.

Kai Tak was meant to be a residential community, hence it doesn't make sense to send it out for international tender. Then various things were added and dropped, such as the cruise terminal. The original concept of a pollution-free city is quite good. I hope that stays.
Kai Tak=Residential Area! Are we lack of residential lands?
West Kln=Cultural District! Can few museums improve our cultural standard?

It is not worth to limit the usage of these two areas; especially when HK is not lack of residential land and there is no signal on sharp increment on population.

For the so-called international tender on West Kln, I will explain it is a political game introduced by our D Tsang to promote his fxxking idea of "the world largest canopy/roof/skylight". It is our pleasure that our 20billion dollars will be saved! However, it was actually an architectural design competition with full limitation on the specified "cultural" developement, I rather joy to see if this piece of land is opened for planning and usage idea(s), so as to facilitate our sustainable development.

HK was used to be one of the major tourist's focus in East Asia, however our role is decaying when Macau, Singapore, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Taipei etc developed their own attractions. I hope the recent Singapore's approach on Marina Bay and Sentosa development shall wake up our sicking gov't.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:25 AM   #195
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason poon View Post
Kai Tak=Residential Area! Are we lack of residential lands?
West Kln=Cultural District! Can few museums improve our cultural standard?

It is not worth to limit the usage of these two areas; especially when HK is not lack of residential land and there is no signal on sharp increment on population.

For the so-called international tender on West Kln, I will explain it is a political game introduced by our D Tsang to promote his fxxking idea of "the world largest canopy/roof/skylight". It is our pleasure that our 20billion dollars will be saved! However, it was actually an architectural design competition with full limitation on the specified "cultural" developement, I rather joy to see if this piece of land is opened for planning and usage idea(s), so as to facilitate our sustainable development.

HK was used to be one of the major tourist's focus in East Asia, however our role is decaying when Macau, Singapore, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Taipei etc developed their own attractions. I hope the recent Singapore's approach on Marina Bay and Sentosa development shall wake up our sicking gov't.
Both the West Kowloon Cultural District and Kai Tak redevelopment plans are experimental grounds for new urban design and planning concepts. The government's idea for a cultural venue in response to a lack of facilities was valid, while putting it out for international competition added a bit of flavour. Foster's design was well accepted in Hong Kong, and it wasn't about money either. The government had plenty of it.

Kai Tak's redevelopment plan changed again and again over the years. First, there was a stadium proposal in response to the 2006 Asian Games bid. Along with it came a pollution-free city theme, which was unheard of in Hong Kong at the time. Burying roads and having a huge park and monorail on the surface was a very fresh concept. However, subsequent lawsuits about reclamation on the other side of the harbour made Kai Tak a very politically-sensitive issue. Nevertheless, it's not in the most desirable part of town, so residential it is.

The government had considered several options for a cruise terminal. One was in the West Kowloon Cultural District, but the waters there are too shallow and dredging would be very problematic, so they settled on Kai Tak, although they did consider North Point for a while.

For a redevelopment project of such a size, it's not possible to rush and set the plans solid and hope to carry it out to the fullest to the end. Hong Kong's political atmosphere and citizen movements have changed drastically over the past decade, so the government would never have gotten away with pushing something that was rigid and people didn't like. It's not economically feasible to fully redevelop Kai Tak in one shot anyway without seriously damaging the property market. Circumstances change, and the government had to adapt and react (or over-react). They can't ignore or ban people protesting on the streets.

There is an exhibition at the Hong Kong Infrastructure Experience about Kai Tak. I urge people to visit it to see what ideas they have today.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:04 PM   #196
jason poon
A Hongkonger

I respect very much what's Messrs hkskyline explained, however as a responsible gov't I still wonder if the following critical issues are not tackled with satisfactory or tangible intention and committment:

1. Sustainable development of our economy, what's the gov't explained that we are suffering in economic restructuring is not substantiable.

2. Singapore, our usual competitor, is recently achieved successness on the development of her virginland of Marina Bay as well as redevelopment of Sentosa, what hk intents and commits to react? Should our gov't or governer just focus on tackling the street's roam or political noise? Pls accept it is a gobally standard that citizen is responsible to oversee her gov't!

3. As a young professional in HK, I really cannot locat adequate security on my future. I am not asking for assistance, however our environment is not sound enough for our continuous accomplishment.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM   #197
Aboveday

Likes (Received): 11

New Kai Tak development Model @ exhibition:

The Planning Department will hold a roving exhibition on the Kai Tak Development Plan from December 7 to the end of January. It will feature display panels, computer animation and a physical model to show the key development proposals for Kai Tak.

After the completion of three rounds of public participation programmes for the Kai Tak Planning Review, a revised Preliminary Outline Development Plan was prepared. Based on the proposals in the revised plan, a new draft Kai Tak Outline Zoning Plan was prepared.
Click here for the exhibition schedule. For more details visit the department's website.

Photo By nelson @ hkitalk.net

The revised preliminary outline development plan includes two stadium, an ocean liner terminal, hotels,an observation Tower(<200m),commercial buildings(<200m),a huge public square,underground shopping mall,parks,waterfront promenade,residencial buildings(low-density community),monorail,one MTR(KCR)station..
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:18 PM   #198
Mr. Fusion
Just A Pilot... :-)

Likes (Received): 10

Thank you for the pictures Aboveday.

Last edited by Mr. Fusion; December 23rd, 2006 at 04:28 AM.
Mr. Fusion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:15 AM   #199
kelw

Likes (Received): 0

Do they still plan to cut the runway into several pieces? Or has that idea been shelved?
kelw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2006, 04:38 AM   #200
jason poon
A Hongkonger

Thank you Aboveday for the nice pics of Kai Tak development illustration and would like to make few comments on the plan itself:

1. A footbridge is proposed to connect KaiTak midway and the Kowloon Bay waterfront, it just locates over the ingress of the deadend channel. However the bridge seems at least 2km long with some tens meter over the water datumn. Isn't it a wrong proposal? or we should just simply make use of the monrail for people movement?!

2. The whole plan is seem to be chopped in four zones, the northen part is definitely a residential area while park+sport faciliites are located just south of it, or at the northen part of the original runway; a hotel/luxery residential district is proposed at the midspan of the runway while a liner terminal+assoicated facilities are designed at the southest. In general we can expect a boring and silent area will be formed. Our great planner in the Gov't should visit http://www.marina-bay.sg/explore.htm to learn how to develop a virgin piece of land in professional way!

3. Kai Tak is located at the eastern part of Kowloon, where is traditionally a manufacturing and residential district. A good development plan in Kai Tak may not only produce a good environment in Kai Tak itself, it shall also able to reform the old districts of ToKwaWan, Kwoloon City, SanPoKong, Kowloon Bay, NgauTauKok and KwunTong etc. I regret to say the current plan from the Gov't is not able to perform as a locomotive to the East Kln reforms.

4. Overall, I will comment there is no feature in the whole plan. When our society went to invest tens of billion dollar into the development, we shall also expect some landmarks or features those able to raise the value of the area. The planner, unfortunately, didn't make use of the long waterfront, the Observation Tower is actually a property developement, etc etc etc etc!

If we really go ahead with this plan, we are wasting our social resources!

Tags
hong kong