daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > London Metro Area

London Metro Area London Calling...

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #1
eXSBass
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.

Likes (Received): 47

122 Leadenhall Street

Seeing as the old thread got "demolished" heres a new one for the building.
To start us off, I thought i'd share a picture I found on Wiki. Its the current building at 122. Hopefully this'll go down sooner than later

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_Leadenhall_Street

eXSBass no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old October 26th, 2005, 06:56 PM   #2
Peyre
Waiting for 122

Likes (Received): 0

there are rumours of a pre-let in discussion. If this goes through, this will be going up 07ish imo

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ldntower/
Peyre no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #3
eXSBass
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.

Today? PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE! [Jim Carey] PLE - E - EASE! [/JIM CAREY]
eXSBass no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #4
GazKinz

Likes (Received): 22

122 leadenhall is the best approved city tower IMO, really hope so too
GazKinz no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:22 PM   #5
eXSBass
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.

Exactly. The design is just soo nice and plain. It achieves a WOW factor without curves, just straight lines which not many buildings do without twists and turns
eXSBass no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #6
Peyre
Waiting for 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXSBass
Today? PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE! [Jim Carey] PLE - E - EASE! [/JIM CAREY]
heard it from either Jef or Gothic a few days ago.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ldntower/
Peyre no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #7
GazKinz

Likes (Received): 22

Yeah rodgers knows his s**t!
GazKinz no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #8
gothicform
Bossman

Likes (Received): 2233

its not confirmed. they have just had serious interest. i wouldnt be surprised however if it doesnt turn out to be true
gothicform no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #9
Monkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

^ My heart sank when I read down and heard that the source was Gothicform. No disrespect Gothic but you are too por-scraper to stand back and analyse the likelihood of these things actually going ahead.
Monkey no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #10
gothicform
Bossman

lol... you do have a point and yet the last london summary on my site was BANG ON. if only minerva had read it then. heh. difference is these days im not listening to what the developer or pr says in talking up a project but actually looking at whats happening. basically ive found that running the optimistic line the developer says doesnt work because they are so often wrong. i do think that this one will go quickly, its a mixture of a developer that kinows what they are doing, good adaptable space inside including small upper floors which are perfect for letting to smaller companies who can have their own floor but are willing to pay for the prestige, a tenancy agreement that can be terminated, a big wad of cash to build the thing, the great location that makes it a prime spot for anyone into insurance and numerous companies who would rather like to occupy it.
Old October 26th, 2005, 11:46 PM   #11
Chief Gherkin
The "original" Gherkin

Just wondering gothic if you have any handle on what kind of liquid assets British Land have available for ploughing ahead with their developments. They are building 51 Lime Street, I think for Willis and Broadgate, which I can't rememeber if it has a pre let or not, but if they then build 122 LHS thats some serious cash being gobbled up
Chief Gherkin no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2005, 12:29 AM   #12
Mikey
Aerial Erector

Likes (Received): 2

everything is slow at the mo...... hopefully things will change soon.......
Old October 27th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #13
chest

Likes (Received): 2801

the Evening Standard recently reported that Leadenhall seems likely to go ahead as the reinsurer Benfield Grieg has been linked with that all important pre-let.
2 other bits of good news though - Kings Reach Tower has been approved by the mayor - to reach 34 floors and reclad and also the 43 floor tower at London Arena has also been approved.
chest no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:17 AM   #14
gothicform
Bossman

c.g - british land may be spending money on the willis building but remember its almost fully let already! broadgate will vanish in no time too. british land have a property portfolio worth £12.5 billion. net rents are £571.8 million, they recently bought pillar for £811 million. the figures most relevant are the development prospects of 485,000 sq m costing them £1.321 billion to build and would generate an income of £151 million annually, a yield of 8.74% per year.

they just let another 3 floors of plantation place south by the way for £44 per sq ft.
Old October 27th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #15
jef

Likes (Received): 5

Some leases expire in 2008. Even if demolition should no take long, construction is unlikely to start before 2009. Nevertheless i am optimistic about this one: world-class design, exceptional location, developer with a sustained capability to deliver, etc.
jef no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2005, 10:46 AM   #16
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 1519

It will go ahead but I doubt it will be completed before the all important Olympics - notch up another unfinished skyscraper on the skyline for the world to laugh at.
DarJoLe no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #17
gothicform
Bossman

jef, leases that have been signed were signed with termination clauses in them. british land can pay the occupier to leave the building early.
Old October 27th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #18
Chief Gherkin
The "original" Gherkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicform
c.g - british land may be spending money on the willis building but remember its almost fully let already! broadgate will vanish in no time too. british land have a property portfolio worth £12.5 billion. net rents are £571.8 million, they recently bought pillar for £811 million. the figures most relevant are the development prospects of 485,000 sq m costing them £1.321 billion to build and would generate an income of £151 million annually, a yield of 8.74% per year.

they just let another 3 floors of plantation place south by the way for £44 per sq ft.
they've got a few pennies then! This is what we need, more developers with confidence and finance and it seems from what you were saying, a knack of getting tenants.
Chief Gherkin no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #19
london lad

Likes (Received): 426

Why would people laugh at a country if theres cranes on the skyline?!?! Citys like London are constantly evolving so you would expect there always being cranes on the skyline. London's not somewhere like Pudong which one minute is a rice field & 5 years down the line a shiny new city. I think the tourists will more likely be gawkping at all the new olympic facilites that will be built & if they do happen to look over at the city in between vists to St Pauls, tower bridge etc they would be aso blown away by them & whats already built in London than to look at a skyscraper under construction & think 'wow Londons a joke' thers an unfinished building.

Really Darjole - you can be a little bit too pesimistic sometimes -lol
london lad no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #20
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 1519

Quote:
Originally Posted by london lad
Really Darjole - you can be a little bit too pesimistic sometimes -lol
Comes from experience and having hung around here for five years, seeing proposals come and, well, never appear.

I don't mind the odd crane on the skyline.

Having a plethora of concrete cores, scaffolding and unfinished skyscrapers across the London skyline 'backdrop' for the Olympics is hardly the best way to show people 'London is ready' no matter how fabulous and ready the venues are. London has to be at its best, not end up being some construction site when you come off the Olympic javelin at St Pancras and head down to the river.
DarJoLe no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: