daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #41
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17811

Wu steps down as head of CityU ruling council
Winnie Chong
6 June 2006
Hong Kong Standard

Property and infrastructure tycoon Gordon Wu Ying-sheung has resigned as chairman of City University's ruling council so as to avoid a conflict of interest.

Wu, chairman of Hopewell Holdings, resigned the voluntary post as well as an honorary professorship at the Chinese University's business administration department last Wednesday.

Wu said he wanted to avoid a conflict of interest as Hopewell appealed last May to have an urban renewal project, Mega Tower in Wan Chai, passed.

Hopewell has failed several times in the past two decades to gain approval for the project. The company appealed to the Town Planning Board in May last year and will attend the appeal hearing next January 18.

Since Hopewell was informed that the four-member appeal committee comprises a professor each from CityU and Chinese University, Wu said he decided to resign from both institutions.

"I have consulted legal advice that I do not need to quit since I am only responsible for policymaking for CityU, but not responsible for managing people," Wu said.

"But as I don't want it to seem there is a conflict of interest, and as I have been waiting for 622 days to reach the appeal date, I don't want to fail in my appeal because of any doubts of conflicts of interest," he said, adding that he is responsible to the shareholders of his Hopewell Group.

Wu became chairman of the CityU management board on January 1, 2004, and his term was scheduled to end this December 31.

Looking back on his time at CityU, Wu said that at first many members of the staff were hostile to his appointment as they believed rumors that he would integrate the university with the other universities, close schools and make sweeping reforms.

"At the beginning, I was not happy. But after a year, when they saw that my only ambition was to work for the university, they changed their perception of me," the outspoken tycoon said.

John Tse Wing-ling, chairman of the City University Staff Association, said he was disappointed to hear of Wu's resignation.

"He was really a hands-on chairman, and extremely devoted," Tse said.

CityU Students' Union external vice president Max Wan Wing-fai said he is concerned about the future direction of the university after Wu's resignation, while current university president Chang Hsin-kan's contract will end next May.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2006, 06:03 PM   #42
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3663

So there comes to the conclusion that this project will obviously be stated as "never built"??

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 04:01 AM   #43
jpq21

Likes (Received): 0

how many meters?
jpq21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #44
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

I like its design though not so tall.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #45
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Mega Tower策劃20年
6 June 2006

【明報專訊】合和實業提出興建Mega Tower項目總投資額達45億元,包括兩幢60層高酒店,由合和主席胡應湘策劃逾20年,早於1980年開始收地,1985年向政府提出規劃申請,去年遭城市規劃委員會否決,致計劃觸礁。據估計,合和至今已花費6億元收地,但過程長達20年,利息損失難以估計。

已花6億收地 決定上訴

項目位於灣仔皇后大道東以南及船街以東,毗鄰合和中心。胡應湘去年親身披甲上陣,向城規會委員講解Mega Tower發展計劃,但計劃最後仍遭否決,主要原因有兩個﹕一是發展規模過大,會與周邊發展出現不協調﹔二是會對景觀構成負面影響,特別是龐大建築群會產生「牆壁效應」 (Wall effect) 。牆壁效應是指建築物太高或太闊,在市區形成一道牆,會影響景觀,並阻礙空氣流通,令污染物容易積聚。

胡應湘去年對城規會的決定表示失望,強調「計劃不單合情、合理、合法,而且還合民意」,決定上訴到城市規劃上訴委員會。

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM   #46
hkskyline
Hong Kong

合和實業(0054):灣仔Mega項目要待明年1月上訴結果
8 月 30日 星期三 06:06PM

《經濟通專訊》合和實業執行董事楊鑑賢理於業績記者會表示,灣仔 MegaTower Hotel 項目現仍在排期到2007年1月上訴,集團有信心獲批,以最終可發展樓面16﹒41萬平方米。

Old September 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #47
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 24

I think this project can be built... It's not that disastrous to the skyline but actually it helps the Wanchai and Central skyline link together. Ventilation is a setback of course, but I guess the major concern was the adverse effect of eliminating the hill line and the lack of its integration with the neighbouring areas. Since Wanchai is having a massive facelift (especially on Queens Road East at streel level where Wanchai market was developed into a 3-skyscraper complex) and lots of redevelopment projects are going on now, I hope this project will finally get a green light from the authority. They had been harsh on Wu for 2 decades already...
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #48
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 371

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #49
hkskyline
Hong Kong

合和灣仔3項目擬長線收租
7月 19日

【明報專訊】由合和發展的灣仔Mega Tower雖仍有待城規審批,但旗下的三個區內項目,包括皇后大道東196至206號的寫字樓項目、皇后大道東208至224號住宅項目,以及樂活道12號的住宅項目,計劃全部作長線收租。

此外,以逾億元翻新的合和中心,現已完成八成工程,寫字樓平均呎租28至30元,出租率約98%,估計翻新後租金可望比去年同期上升逾三成。

合和實業助理董事王永霖表示,集團在港的物業發展以長線收租為策略,現時發展中的三個項目,包括皇后大道東196至206號的寫字樓項目,涉及約8萬方呎樓面,預計明年9月落成,最快今年底預租,平均呎租逾25元,地舖呎租約100元﹔皇后大道東208至224號的住宅項目,將建約10萬方呎樓面,提供220伙,面積300至500方呎,預計08年落成,計劃作服務式住宅,目標呎租40元﹔至於樂活道12號的住宅項目,最後兩伙以約1億元成功收購,計劃重建為提供82個面積1500至1700方呎的住宅單位項目,涉及11萬方呎樓面,預計3年半後落成,同樣計劃出租,目標呎租達40元。

合和中心已完成八成翻新

王永霖說,以逾億元翻新的合和中心,總樓面84萬方呎,現時已完成八成翻新工程,其中64萬方呎為寫字樓,20萬方呎為商舖,其中17樓商舖租金高達50元。他又稱,荃灣悅來坊出租率逾八成,平均呎租約25元﹔集團計劃斥4億元翻新九龍灣展貿中心,預計第1期於明年第3季完成工程。他又稱,集團再計劃吸納逾1200畝的廣州花都地皮。

Old December 12th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #50
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6528

??
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:21 AM   #51
hkskyline
Hong Kong

^ The article details several other projects in Wan Chai managed by Hopewell in addition to the Mega Tower project. Hopewell Centre is also being renovated. The project is about 80% complete. Rents are expected to rise about 30% afterwards.

Old January 25th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #52
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Mega Tower hearing postponed as Hopewell requests more time
Hong Kong Standard
Thursday, January 25, 2007

The appeal hearing for the long-running saga of Hopewell Holdings' (0054) HK$4 billion Mega Tower project has been delayed, as the company said it still needs time to prepare.
This latest hearing on the two- decade long fight was scheduled for last Thursday after the company, headed by Gordon Wu Ying-sheung, appealed to the Town Planning Board in May 2005. Another date for the hearing was not announced.

Surveyors said that during these hearings developers can bring forward consultants to attempt to convince the appeal board and a lot of preparation work is required.

Wu had previously vowed to fight to the end for the project, which is adjacent to the Hopewell headquarters building in Wan Chai, to go ahead.

"The company has requested to defer the appeal hearing for several months pending more complete information being prepared by the firm," Hopewell executive director Mok Chung-tat said Wednesday, without giving details.

Wu has been trying to get the green light for his proposed Mega Tower project since he first unveiled his plan in the early 1980s.

The plan has been submitted to the Town Planning Board for approval more than 10 times but it been rejected because of concerns about traffic congestion and the lack of open space.

Meanwhile, Hopewell and Shun Tak Holdings (0242) have raked in between HK$2 billion and HK$3 billion from the sale of apartments at Nova City in Macau's Taipa, Mok said.

The firms plan to launch the next batch of 12 residential units in the project for sale this week at an average price of about HK$2,540 per square foot.

Mok also confirmed Hopewell's interest in bidding in this month's tender of the Urban Renewal Authority's redevelopment project in Wan Chai.

The site on Queen's Road East offers 4,070 square feet, yielding a total gross floor area of 32,206 sqft, enough for about 50 residential units and a commercial area of 5,300 sqft.

Hopewell shares rose 1.42 percent Wednesday to close at HK$28.50.

Old January 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #53
Aboveday

Likes (Received): 11

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #54
Gandhi
Newland

Likes (Received): 4

I cant see any pic : x x x x and more X

Old January 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #55
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixpo View Post
I cant see any pic : x x x x and more X

Fixed links.

Old January 27th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #56
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

Not very high but pretty cute
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #57
Gandhi
Newland

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Fixed links.
Thankx mate

so..the design is very nice and the green zones are very goog integred with the design.
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:09 AM   #58
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15917

I love this project

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #59
Escoto_Dubai2008
Dubai, 21st Century City

Likes (Received): 411

This is nice building, not tall, but very nice design.

Mis Blogs

!Somos seres humanos,....! !Nuestras vidas tienen valor!
Escoto_Dubai2008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #60
beaujoe

Likes (Received): 1

I also like the design on this tower. Yes, as some people have mentioned, it is a bit blocky and large. But I do think that the design does a good job of visually breaking up its large shape and giving it a much more pleasant appearance. Not having been to Hong Kong yet, I can't say whether or not the design would really fit in with the neighborhood. I can say, however, that I think this design is a MAJOR improvement over the last one. The last one seemed a bit tacky and dated, like something that would have been built in the 1970s. This new style is a bit more fresh, and the step toward a more green design is also a welcome change. I give the project two thumbs up!
beaujoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote