daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 26th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #2021
nonotz
Antek Changi

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB24 View Post
hi guys! im gonna landing in PEK next monday and im so excited coz it s the first time for me. i wanna ask i if there is some really basic and important information should i know before? thank so much!
be aware of black taxis !

in t3 arrival hall take the elevator to basement and queue there for the official taxi.

if moving between t2 -t3 , take the shuttle bus ! ... there will be someone posing as an "official" airport officer offering "free" service to t3 or vice versa.
nonotz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #2022
philmar
Click my photos to go big

Likes (Received): 861

Beijing airport by Phil Marion, on Flickr

big-dog liked this post
philmar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 06:06 AM   #2023
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Dallas News: American Airlines plans to fly from Dallas/Fort Worth to Beijing

Quote:
UPDATE, with information from American Airlines’ filing with the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Terry Maxon/DMN

American Airlines plans to begin nonstop service May 7, 2015, from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to Beijing, it said Thursday.

The route would be the third DFW-China route that American has launched within 12 months. It began flights from D/FW Airport to Shanghai on the mainland and to Hong Kong in June.

“By adding this new Beijing service, American will achieve a significant milestone in the development of its Asian network by offering nonstop service from Dallas/Fort Worth to five key markets in Asia -Beijing, Hong Kong, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo,” American’s chief marketing officer, Andrew Nocella, said in American’s release.

“The pending addition of Beijing and recent additions of Shanghai and Hong Kong elevate Dallas/Fort Worth to one of the primary connecting hubs between Asia and destinations within the U.S. as well as Mexico, Central and South America,” he said.

American asked the U.S. Department of Transportation for permission to fly the route since the air service treaty between the United States and China limits the number of weekly flights allowed.

However, not all frequencies are being used, and American expects no problem getting the required permission.

“Sufficient frequencies are available to accommodate American Airlines’ proposed service,” American said in the DOT filing. “As of June 13, 2014, the Department noted that 124 out of 161 China [weekly] frequencies are allocated, leaving 37 frequencies available for immediate allocation.”

American said it would use a Boeing 777-200ER, the same model being used on the DFW-Shanghai route, to operate the DFW-Beijing route.

With the DFW-Beijing route’s start, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport will have five routes to Asia. American has flown for 27 years to Tokyo’s Narita International Airport, and it began flying to Seoul, South Korea, in 2013.

The D/FW flights to Beijing will give American a second gateway to China’s capital. It has flown to Beijing from its Chicago O’Hare hub since 2010.

We raised the question of DFW-Beijing service in June as American was preparing to launch its Shanghai and Hong Kong routes. Nocella said then he would expect that American would want to launch a Beijing route “within the next two or three years.”

We also asked Sean Donohue, Dallas/Fort Worth Airport’s CEO, about the possibility of a DFW-Beijing route. His answer was that he wasn’t aware of anything in the near future.

“But fair to say, the obvious next choice would be Beijing. We’ve been working hard, talking to multiple carriers that would be interested in that,” Donohue said last June. “Obviously, we’d be more than interested if American was looking at it, but I don’t see anything imminent. However, more service to China is clearly on our priority list.”

AA officials had said in June that a hurdle on starting DFW-Beijing service would be to get acceptable takeoff and landing slots at Beijing Capital International Airport. If American’s proposed schedule in the application is approved, it appears the carrier had excellent times in Beijing.

diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM   #2024
Brucespingerton

Likes (Received): 0

What about transportation from the airport to the center ? I know that in France we use private funded companies like Nice-airport-transfer.fr to do the job. Is it the same there ?
Brucespingerton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 08:12 AM   #2025
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

A brand-new Xiamen Airlines B787 had an incident with a jet bridge at Beijing airport. Luckily only the engine cowling seems to be damaged.

[IMG]http://i57.************/x4g7sg.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i60.************/9a8jy8.jpg[/IMG]

patel2897, firoz bharmal liked this post

Last edited by EK413; October 3rd, 2014 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Information update
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 07:32 PM   #2026
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

I thought it's the other way around, that the jetway was moving away from the aircraft when it struck the engine.
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #2027
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18212

Airport advises passengers to brace for APEC traffic rush
Excerpt

BEIJING, Nov. 5 (Xinhua) -- Beijing Capital International Airport (BCIA) on Wednesday asked passengers to arrive earlier for stricter security checks as traffic is expected to surge during this week's APEC meetings.

"Please arrive at the airport as early as possible so that there is enough time for check-in and security check," said the BCIA in a notice on its website.

Flight tickets from the Chinese capital to hot destinations, including Hangzhou, Xiamen and Sanya, have become scarce as many Beijingers are choosing to travel during a six-day holiday that starts Friday, according to the BCIA.

The airport advised passengers to carry small baggage so that they can go through security checks quickly.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 07:09 AM   #2028
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

China Eastern A321-200 (WL) (reg. B-1812)

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2014, 08:13 AM   #2029
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/613/6136773.html

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

CP11 liked this post
Old November 9th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #2030
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Hainan Airlines B767-300ER (reg. B-2492)

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #2031
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/614/6147436.html

firoz bharmal liked this post
Old December 11th, 2014, 06:12 PM   #2032
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

Beijing T3 is probably the most beautiful airport architecturally. However the line for taxis is ridiculous. Sometimes over an hour.

I fly to Beijing all the time, I would recommend that you fly into T2, which is a dump, but has shorter taxi lines, and fly out of T3 which is a marvel or engineering and has a Starbucks post security. Also you can get cold beer at the Ajisen noodle.

Unfortunately if you are going to Guangzhou and want to fly the A380, you have to go to T2. But anywhere else domestically, fly Air China out of T3.

big-dog liked this post
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #2033
hkskyline
Hong Kong

South African Airways Mulled Champagne Halt in Cost Cuts
Bloomberg Excerpt
Dec 15, 2014

South African Airways considered the scrapping of champagne as part of a 1.3 billion rand ($112 million) cost-saving plan that also included route changes and firing pilots.

First-class passengers could be offered the country’s own sparkling wine, known as Methode Cap Classique, instead of champagne to help save about 20 million rand a year, according to an internal presentation seen by Bloomberg News. The proposals made in the document have been confirmed as genuine by Nico Bezuidenhout, the state-owned company’s acting chief executive officer. Other suggestions included a reduction in flights to London, the scrapping of a Beijing-Johannesburg route, and the sale of units including food provider Air Chefs.

One proposal was to move a London flight to Abu Dhabi to help reduce an annual loss of 300 million rand on the U.K. route and take advantage of rising demand for Gulf destinations, the presentation shows. Flights to Beijing, which is SAA’s biggest loss-making route, could be canceled and a route to Toronto started instead, the document shows. SAA said last week it would start a new Abu Dhabi route on March 29 in partnership with Etihad.

Old December 15th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #2034
jam5

Likes (Received): 535

In spite of Beijing's legendary smog, it's amazing you could see the mountains behind the airport in these pictures...
jam5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #2035
ccdk

Likes (Received): 977

Second Beijing airport approved by China NDRC

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...g-airport.html
----------------------------
Additional info:
- 4 runways, handles 72 million passengers by 2025
- seems will be hub for China Southern and China Eastern, hence skyteam
- China Postal Airlines will also set up their logistic center there
- expect to be completed in 5 years

BIFC, firoz bharmal, FM 2258 liked this post

Last edited by ccdk; December 16th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #2036
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8823

Will be arriving in to PEK on a Hainan airways plane from Berlin very soon myself. Will be very interesting to see this airport.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #2037
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Will be arriving in to PEK on a Hainan airways plane from Berlin very soon myself. Will be very interesting to see this airport.
Sadly,you won't land at terminal 3. Hainan Airlines lands at the old and shabby terminal 2.
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #2038
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfredo View Post
Sadly,you won't land at terminal 3. Hainan Airlines lands at the old and shabby terminal 2.
That's a shame... Still, we're being met by my family-in-law so it won't be so bad I guess. They're driving us to Beijing so that'll be the most interesting part of the journey I think!
Old December 19th, 2014, 07:48 AM   #2039
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

Hainan lands in Terminal 1. Terminal 2 is paradise compared to T1.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2014, 07:35 PM   #2040
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severiano View Post
Hainan lands in Terminal 1. Terminal 2 is paradise compared to T1.
No. I'm landing at T2 with Hainan, they are right. I just looked at my ticket to let the in-laws know!

I've heard that the food is good on Hainan, though. So at least I have that to look forward to!

Last edited by Svartmetall; December 20th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Tags
beijing, east asian hub airport