daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM   #2041
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Hainan is so far my favourite domestic airline of the ones I've tried, in part due to the food. By comparison last time I went with Southern I actually got edible food, not sure if that was progress or a fluke.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2014, 03:37 PM   #2042
ddes

Likes (Received): 939

I've just done a whirlwind tour of China, making sure to get the big 3. No doubt, Hainan Airlines is the best. T1 may not be much, but arriving into T1 was amazing - it took me 10 mins (with toilet break) from the aircraft to the taxi stand (I had to claim my baggage even). China Southern, China Eastern and Air China are pretty similar, IMHO. Although T3 has better facilities, departing T2 domestic is the best thanks to the ultra cheap canteen eatery and short walking distances.

Scrapernab2 liked this post
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 06:06 PM   #2043
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18239

Beijing courting overseas tourists
18 December 2014
China Daily Excerpt

Extending visa-free entry and giving tax refunds among moves discussed

Beijing is trying to improve the 72-hour visa-free entry policy for international transit passengers to attract more overseas visitors.

Proposals under discussion include extending the limit for transit passengers to 96 hours, and opening up visa-free entry to all foreign visitors.

Other moves that may be introduced to lure more visitors include having more direct flights to overseas destinations, and making changes to the tax system.

"We will apply for a duty-free policy in the city and the provision of tax refunds before departure," said Song Yu, head of the Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism Development.

He said Beijing believes the measures would boost its struggling inbound tourism market.

"We will also promote tourist attractions and the new policies to the overseas market through visa application centers, embassies and tourist offices," he added.

Beijing began offering visa-free entry to transit visitors from 45 countries and regions, including the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Canada, in January of last year. They can spend up to 72 hours in the city after flying in, providing they have third-country visas and onward tickets.

Nearly 40,000 visitors had used the service as of Dec 16. The 2014 total is expected to exceed 20,000, according to Beijing Capital International Airport.

The tourists using the service account for 1 percent of the total number of overseas visitors to Beijing, and the majority come from the US and Russia.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #2044
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Ground breaking ceremony of Beijing's new airport held in Daxing

The ground breaking ceremony of Beijing's new airport is held in the Daxing District of Beijing, capital of China, Dec. 26, 2014. The airport is designed to handle 72 million passengers, 2 million tonnes of cargo and mail, and 620,000 flights in 2025. (Xinhua/Luo Xiaoguang)

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old December 29th, 2014, 06:27 PM   #2045
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
New Beijing airport to be operational in 5 years
By ZHAO LEI (China Daily)

Beijing will start construction of a new airport in the capital on Friday that will become operational in 2019.

The project, which was given final approval by the National Development and Reform Commission last week, will involve nearly 80 billion yuan ($13.1 billion) of investment, making it the costliest project in China's civil aviation history.

The airport is planned to handle 72 million passengers, 2 million metric tons of cargo and 620,000 flights annually after 2025.

The new hub, which has not been officially named, will be in Daxing district, 46 km south of Tian'anmen Square. It will be 67 km from Beijing Capital International Airport.

It will include four runways, 150 parking aprons for passenger jets, 24 parking aprons for cargo aircraft, 14 maintenance areas and a terminal building with a floor area of 700,000 square meters.

A 66-km rapid transit line will be built to link northern areas of the city to the new airport. Once completed, it will take passengers less than 30 minutes to get to the airport from the city center.

Top leaders, including President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang, have given their attention to the project, said Liu Xuesong, general manager of Capital Airports Holding Co, the largest airport operator in China and owner of the new airport.

"President Xi has asked us to build the new airport as a landmark structure, while Premier Li asked us to economize on the designated land and to introduce more private investment to the project," Liu said.

The Civil Aviation Administration of China will provide 18 billion yuan from its civil aviation development fund for the project, while Capital Airports Holding Co will invest 6 billion yuan. The rest of the investment will rely on bank loans and private capital, the National Development and Reform Commission said.

The new airport is expected to handle 45 million passengers when it enters service in 2019.

Its management will consist of officials from the Civil Aviation Administration, the governments of Beijing municipality and Hebei province as well as executives from a new company operating the facility, said Zhou Laizhen, deputy director of the administration.

China Southern Airlines, one of the four biggest Chinese carriers, has decided to move its main operations base to the new airport from Beijing Capital, Zhou added.

"The compensation plan for those who will be relocated to make way for the new airport has been decided, although demolition work has yet to start," Zhou said. "About 70 percent of the villages affected are in Beijing, while the rest are in Hebei province."

Beijing has two airports handling civil aviation flights — Beijing Capital International and Nanyuan International.

Beijing Capital, located in northeast Beijing and which served 83.7 million passengers in 2013, was listed as the second-busiest airport in the world last year by passenger numbers.

Beijing Nanyuan, which is controlled by the Chinese air force, will be relocated within 5 years as the CAAC, the Beijing government and the air force have reached agreement on this, Zhou said, without disclosing the new location.

"After the new airport becomes operational, Beijing Capital will focus on international and long-distance domestic flights," he said.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...t_19162376.htm
Confirmed design???
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA

Munwon, SLASH_2, Nokia2Sony liked this post
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #2046
ccdk

Likes (Received): 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosBlueDragon View Post

Confirmed design???
A local media said a French engineering firm - ADP Ingenierie - won the tender of designing the terminal building. http://www.btcbd.com/news/2014/115837.html

However, a quick check on the company website, it only mentioned a study on various aspects of the new airport. Nothing mentioned on the design of the terminal building, no blueprints, no drafts or rendering.
http://www.adp-i.com/en/new-beijing-...-terminal-zone

Though multiple sources confirmed the construction of the terminal building will commence in September, 2015, so if no design is revealed now, it should be soon!

CarlosBlueDragon liked this post
ccdk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #2047
hem2mars

Likes (Received): 31

Can't believe, They want to built another one. I think BCIA is already huge enough to handle passengers at least for a decade in future. Wow!

hem2mars no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 03:01 AM   #2048
bengyap

Likes (Received): 23

New Daxing Airport

Here is the image I pulled from the ADP-I site.
The five-prong design looks somewhat consistent with the image about three post up.

But the earlier design was this one below which is consistent with the one shown on wikipedia. Not sure if this is not longer valid.

You can get a bit more images from images.google.com.
Old December 31st, 2014, 04:12 AM   #2049
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1335

I hope they build that five-prong design. There seem to be small gardens in every prong.
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 08:16 AM   #2050
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

We'll need a new thread for it soon enough.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 08:48 AM   #2051
cfredo

Likes (Received): 1335

No, this thread here just needs to get renamed into "Beijing Area Airports".

FM 2258, chestersim liked this post
cfredo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 07:04 PM   #2052
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear
New Beijing airport to be operational in 5 years
By ZHAO LEI (China Daily)

A 66-km rapid transit line will be built to link northern areas of the city to the new airport. Once completed, it will take passengers less than 30 minutes to get to the airport from the city center.

130km/h is not bad for an airport line but I'd love to see a faster 200km/h CRH line like Shanghai Metro line 22. 66-km is long enough to be an "Intercity" line.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 12:37 AM   #2053
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3256

I'm hope they choose the 5 finger concept. I'm getting tired of all the Hong Kong-like terminals being built.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 06:36 AM   #2054
[email protected]
Global Citizen

Likes (Received): 6410

Whatever happened to the plans to build a 150 million PAX airport in Daxing???
R@ptor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 07:44 AM   #2055
bengyap

Likes (Received): 23

I don't they need to build capacity for 150 million at the get go. The existing PEK already has capacity for 80+ million and this airport will almost double the capacity for the region. This should last for quite a few years before they eventually build it to handle 150 million passengers ... and expand the number of runways to 8 (per the original design) from the announced 4 at the moment.
bengyap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:32 AM   #2056

The plans have called for an airport to be built 2018-2030, growing significantly in the period. I am not sure I believe the claim that Capital Airport can't expand, but there certainly isn't room for another 8+1 runways as there will be at Daxing.

I am glad the plans changed from a Daxing airport metro line going from Beijing South to today's lines 19 and 20 (I hope they plan a connecting station for 20/21 as well, it would make no sense if they didn't). However, Daxing airport is really far out from the city, and would need a HSR connection, which also should make the airport more accessible from Baoding and Tianjin as well. A high-speed connection Capital and Daxing airport would be desirable too, and 20 and 21 wouldn't meet that mark.
Old January 4th, 2015, 01:51 PM   #2057
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14304

OMG!! A new airport for Beijing??? Chinese people are crazy!

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~

patel2897 liked this post
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 05:35 PM   #2058
brick84

Impressive Project

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e’ immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #2059
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Would be interesting if they will adopt a Hongqiao HSR combined terminal approach for the new airport.

abcpdo liked this post
Old January 4th, 2015, 07:59 PM   #2060

It would have been sensible. There are two HSR lines Beijing and a future Baoding-Tianjin line passing nearby. As far as I know there are no plans to extend/branch them through the airport.

Tags
beijing, east asian hub airport