daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #361
Daniel_Portugal
I Love You... Soraia

Likes (Received): 44

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!

AMAZING!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #362
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Even if the baggage carousel is located at an arrival hall closer to the immigration area, the fact is some people have the tendency to bring with them a lot of heavy hand carry's and even though you have people movers that distance can be tough for some specially older people. Some people avoid those people movers because it's most of the time fully loaded specially when everyone is rushing to be ahead of each other.
Dude, you've got to go to Hong Kong International Airport! Even with old people, as well as, them being equated to carrying heavy hand-carried baggage in mind, there would be hand-carried carts available once they arrive at their gates. Their would also be personnel who would provide wheel-chairs and/or golf-carts (Yeah, they have these in Hong Kong International Airport, too) that would carry these senior citizens all the way to the immigration, customs, and baggage-claim halls.
Old October 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM   #363
The Cebuano Exultor
Seeking Affiliation

Likes (Received): 21

@ D'Transporter

Quote:
Even if the baggage carousel is located at an arrival hall closer to the immigration area, the fact is some people have the tendency to bring with them a lot of heavy hand carry's and even though you have people movers that distance can be tough for some specially older people. Some people avoid those people movers because it's most of the time fully loaded specially when everyone is rushing to be ahead of each other.
Dude, you've got to go to Hong Kong International Airport! Even with old people, as well as, them being equated to carrying heavy hand-carried baggage in mind, there would be hand-carried carts available once they arrive at their gates. Their would also be personnel who would provide wheel-chairs and/or golf-carts (Yeah, they have these in Hong Kong International Airport, too) that would carry these senior citizens all the way to the immigration, customs, and baggage-claim halls.
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #364
D'Transporter
A Carolinian

Likes (Received): 0

Well, that solves that problem.
Old October 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM   #365
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

The only problem facing the autorities is : the more gates u have=higher capacity for passengers=more crowded. And since its an int'l airport, most likely everyone is going to go thru immigration. And at HKIA, even at 8:30 PM on a thursday, there r long lines especially for visitors who dont hold a HK permanent ID card (an electronic passport).
Hope they have plenty of immigration booths and efficient mass transit.
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #366
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Transporter View Post
The exterior design of that airport seems boring, the design looks like it came out from the mind of a 60's architect trying to be modern. It doesn't look like it's pedestrian and parking friendly either. I wonder where the pick up party have to park their cars and wait for the arriving party. Terminal design are suppose to be for fast, comfortable and safe movement of people (arriving, departing, pickup and dropping off parties), I feel sorry for the person arriving from the farthest tip of the terminal, I wonder how long would it take him to pick up his luggages, how far he has to carry his luggages and how far is the immigration from the plane he is getting off. No offense, just my opinion.
Did you look at all the pics in this thread regarding to this terminal there are some internal pics. Anyways this design is very efficient the upper level is of course for departure and the bottom is for arrivals, and the pick up party can park their cars in front of the airport(the green area). Whats so inconvienient about that? This Airport is almost identical to the Hong Kong airport since its designed by the same architect. There will be people movers inside and within mins passengers would be taken from their gates all the way to the immigration area and the baggage claim.

Let me use Hong Kong's airport as an example since its about the same size and shape, the plane I took park all the way at the tip and the time it took me from the gate to the baggage claim was less than 20mins! Immigration was fast so was the baggage and the time I exit the airport to the train station the overall time spent was less than 30mins, and that is hardly the case for most airport and for LAX its even worse I had to wait one hour for my luggage.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #367
zergcerebrates

Quote:
Anyway, don't you think T3's number of parking slots are quite few, considering the size of the terminal? I mean, LAX's (Los Angeles International Airport's) terminal complex has way more available parking spaces despite being smaller than BCIA's (Beijing-Capital International Airport's) Terminal 3.
Nope, its actually quite huge its the angle this picture was taken. Besides Beijing isn't an auto dominated society like most American cities. People utilize buses, taxis, and trains.
Old October 25th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #368
davidwei01
Snowboarding -> Surfing

Likes (Received): 10

BJ airport termial 3 pictures taken on 10/24/2006

Taken from my Malaysia-Beijing-New York trip.

T3 exterior and expressway construction are almost done.

Last edited by davidwei01; February 7th, 2013 at 06:39 AM.
davidwei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #369
Luis regio+tapatio

Likes (Received): 91

I have never take pics when the plane is Detaching (i dont know if this is right) or landing is it false when they say that the plane can have problems etc??
Luis regio+tapatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #370
Luis regio+tapatio

Likes (Received): 91

the one thing they say about electonic devices huh?
Luis regio+tapatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #371
zergcerebrates

China's construction speed is just amazing.
Old October 25th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #372
zergcerebrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis regio+tapatio View Post
the one thing they say about electonic devices huh?
I doubt a camcorder or a camera would affect the planes systems. Laptops or Cellphone on the other hand could.
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #373
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis regio+tapatio View Post
I have never take pics when the plane is Detaching (i dont know if this is right) or landing is it false when they say that the plane can have problems etc??
Well, according to this thread, although I'm not sure of its accuracy, does provide feedback from different people about the use of cell phones on planes. 6230 on a plane
I personally believe that cell phones do not disrupt signals. However, until further research is done, don't risk using cell phones.
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #374
Kiss the Rain
WoyaoDaJb

Likes (Received): 20

So does anyone know what they gonna do with the old one when this baby is up and running.
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #375
oz.fil
ojjie, ojjie, ojjie!

looks like beijing airport will be another archetectual wonder
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #376
celestar0

Likes (Received): 1

Interior of T3A (by hdzhou, 26 Oct '06):

People Mover Platform on Level 2:
celestar0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:38 AM   #377
celestar0

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss the Rain View Post
So does anyone know what they gonna do with the old one when this baby is up and running.

AFAIK, T3 will be used by Air China, its subsidiaries, airlines ground-handled by Air China, & airlines under Star Alliance. The rest will basically stay where they're now (i.e., T1 exclusively for China Southern & subsidiaries' domestic flights, T2 for the rest).
celestar0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #378
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

hmh, I dont know, I never really liked the design, maybe its because I am getting old, but from the inside, it looks a bit seventies, no?
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #379
swallowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by herenthere View Post
The only problem facing the autorities is : the more gates u have=higher capacity for passengers=more crowded. And since its an int'l airport, most likely everyone is going to go thru immigration. And at HKIA, even at 8:30 PM on a thursday, there r long lines especially for visitors who dont hold a HK permanent ID card (an electronic passport).
Hope they have plenty of immigration booths and efficient mass transit.
A long queuing for visitors seems to be usual in every int'l airport , i think it's good thing for local residents having privilege for fast checking out, in the meantime watching many outsiders waiting in other slower channels ,and then having a good feeling of "coming back homeland" , after a long int'l trip which made them being "visitors" all along.
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #380
swallowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates View Post
I doubt they are gonna use bullet trains. I don't think this airport is that far from the city. From what I heard they're just gonna extend the Beijing metro a new line sorta thing.

BCIA is located at Shunyi District in northeast Beijing city , about 25 km away from city center - Tian'an'men Square , 50 mins' car driving(BTW, the 2nd Capital Airport will be built about 50 km away at the southeast beijing, in 2015 ).
the shuttle train starts from DongZhiMen station(with check-in counter ,at the northeast corner of 2nd ring road, the ancient city wall) of subway Line 2 , and then connect SanYuanQiao station (with check-in counter? ,at the n.e. corner of 3rd ring road) of subway Line 10, and the third stop will head to the Terminal 3 , the fourth will be Terminal 2, and then back to the downtown. i think the train will be same or like as the HKIA one, not a typical subway train you know. and the people - mover will be equipped to connect the buidings in Terminal 3. i dont know whether the mover will connect Terminal 3 to Terminal 2(of course the shuttle train does, via a underground channel, because that will cross the runway).
Beijing municiple gov'nt will also build expressways to connect the Terminal 3 to the current airport expressway, Beijing-Chengde expressway and the 6th ring road(a 200km expressway ring around Beijing), so people from northern ,eastern Beijing and Tianjin city can save more time.
all of above will be considered as the part of Terminal 3 engineering.

Last edited by swallowave; October 29th, 2006 at 02:06 PM. Reason: grammar
swallowave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
beijing, east asian hub airport