daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #541
celestar0

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cebuano Exultor View Post
Something tells me you're well-connected with the contractors and/or developers of Terminal 3. You know too much about it.
Not at all! I got all the info from the net, much of them in Simplified Chinese. I don't even live in Mainland China!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
Updated pics?
I'm also looking forward to good pix which obviously show the construction progress, esp. the interior finishing. Hope they're available very soon! I'll post them as soon as I find some.

Last edited by celestar0; February 19th, 2007 at 08:00 PM.
celestar0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2007, 09:23 AM   #542
UD2
A very cool person

Likes (Received): 31

I don't think the terminal can handel anymore than 66 gates.

the other 60 or so access points they were talking about probabley are parking spots that are around the terminal.

Chinese airports are very profecient and willing to bus people to their planes that are parked in the middle of the apron
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
UD2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:25 PM   #543
celestar0

As mentioned earlier, T3 will have 69 sets of aerobridges, of which 14 sets are to be shared by 2 gates. That means there'll be 83 aerobridge-served gates. So any extra nos. are expected to be remote gates served by airport buses.
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:05 PM   #544
celestar0

Close-ups of aerobridges for narrow/mid-bodied jets @ T3A (by zwjsf, 20 Jan '07):

Old March 4th, 2007, 02:05 AM   #545
Mr. Fusion
Just A Pilot... :-)

Likes (Received): 10

Great pictures as always celestar0.

I have gone to Carnoc.com and cannot find the photo search engine, can you give me a direct link to it?
Mr. Fusion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #546
celestar0

I browse Carnoc's sub-forum "Civil Aviation Photo Threads" (my translation from Chinese) for almost all of the updated pix posted on Carnoc. The sub-forum's 1st page: http://bbs.feeyo.com/cache/forum/0016/1.html.

The thread search engine is immediately above the thread list. AFAIK the pix in Carnoc's sub-forums can't be directly searched.

Thread search engine for all sub-forums: http://bbs.feeyo.com/query.jsp

"Flyers' Photo Archive" http://pic.feeyo.com/ is a sub-page of Carnoc somewhat partly similar to Airliners.net or the likes. There's a photo search engine but it functions independently from that of the sub-forums. Pix not as updated as in CAPT.

Last edited by celestar0; March 4th, 2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #547
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

WAH nice! Too bad that link you gave us is useless to me I can't read Chinese.

I demand interior pictures!
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #548
celestar0

Not available for now, unfortunately!
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM   #549
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold View Post
Stop with the BS.... china just move over 300 million people out of poverty, give them some credit.
I'm not saying they didn't do a good job already, I just remember reading that the wealth disparity in China is growing (there's some index that measured income and population, and measures the area of the graph compared to that of a perfectly straight line (representing perfect wealth distribution).

Anyway, the pictures look absolutely fantastic... when the terminal is done it will be amazing.

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #550
Kiss the Rain
WoyaoDaJb

Likes (Received): 20

You do realise that NO country in the world has a straight line for wealth distribution, and that a straight line = communism.
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #551
nitzomoe
Scarebarian

even with communism the wealth distribution isnt a straight line. All over the world the wealth gap is growing larger and if u think about it it makes sense that it should. those who have more money invest and gain higher returns than those who have just enough money to survive. Not saying this is the best situation but that this is something happening everywhere in the world, not unique in anyway to china.
nitzomoe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #552
Sen

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladisimo View Post
I'm not saying they didn't do a good job already, I just remember reading that the wealth disparity in China is growing (there's some index that measured income and population, and measures the area of the graph compared to that of a perfectly straight line (representing perfect wealth distribution).

Anyway, the pictures look absolutely fantastic... when the terminal is done it will be amazing.
I wanna invent a time machine. Then I will send you back to Maoist China, I am sure you will like it.
Sen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #553
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Given the large number of double deck bridges installed, do they really expect THAT many A380s? Considering the 747 can't use these bridges.
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #554
celestar0

Out of these many "double-deckers" only 4 are A380-capable (1 @ T3A, 3 @ T3B, no data for T3C). The rest are for other wide-body aircrafts currently in service, having an internal layout similar to those double-decked aerobridges serving Incheon. The latter is an alternative design to the popular "scissors-type" aerobridges.

Last edited by celestar0; March 16th, 2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #555
hmmwv

Likes (Received): 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestar0 View Post
Out of these many "double-deckers" only 4 are A380-capable (1 @ T3A, 3 @ T3B, no data for T3C). The rest are for other wide-body aircrafts currently in service, having an internal layout similar to those double-decked aerobridges serving Incheon. The latter is an alternative design to the popular "scissor-type" aerobridges.
So the rest of the double deck aerobridges can only access the plane at one level, right? The upper level is just for better passenger traffic management?
hmmwv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #556
celestar0

Yes, for example:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1188513/L/

Anyway I think some of them can be easily modified to handle A380s to meet future demand, as long as the spans between these aerobridges are wide enough!
Old March 18th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #557
swallowave

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladisimo View Post
Although what Beijing is doing is nice, I think China has more of a priority in working on closing the wealth disparity and the contrast between urban and rural life.
hey u'r jealous..you mean this building should be built in your country/city or the country/city you emmigrated(or are planning to emmigrate) to , instead of any single city in mainland China. because the only things in Chinese people's daily life is to get rich and get rich..
who told you Chinese people are not doing the closing wealth disparity or blah blah blah things ....??

if you talk that in beijing street, the citizen will call you "Sha Bi" and wonder if you come from Mars...
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #558
celestar0

T3 interior update (by cncbc, 17 Mar '07):

Old March 19th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #559
pflo777
BANNED

Likes (Received): 89

hmh..am I the only one, who has somehow the impression that the terminal looks somehow 70`s like?

Not like an airport from the 70`s but an airport from 2007, designed in 70`s style....the colours, the shape, the ceiling....
pflo777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #560
Jiangwho

Likes (Received): 58

xiexie. ..

Tags
beijing, east asian hub airport