daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #981
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

1.23

still in the pre-opening drill. the new terminal will open on Feb 29 2008. Such a pity my stay in BJ is until Feb 10.

pics from www.shm.com.cn















big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #982
foxmulder
Registered User
 
foxmulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,135
Likes (Received): 382

really nice and massive
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #983
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon
 
CarlosBlueDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou/HK
Posts: 1,848
Likes (Received): 678



for what??
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #984
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

first class lounge
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #985
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloPerilo View Post
I will fly to Beijing tomorrow.
I'll fly to Beijing this Friday
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #986
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

what a page of pictures! more to come...
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #987
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

1.27

from skyscrapers.cn



















































big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #988
herenthere
I♥H.K.
 
herenthere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/紐約市/Nueva York
Posts: 427
Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
from skyscrapers.cn

Hope it's not a plasma tv, otherwise it'll burn out if background kept static!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
If you can find ur way thru HKIA, you won't be lost in this airport.
__________________
Proponent of Mass Transit, Livable Streets, and Progressive Politics
herenthere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:34 AM   #989
Sexas
Whole Other Country
 
Sexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 735
Likes (Received): 2

hope the Chinese kids off those jaw dropping decor, I have a feeling they will climbing on those decor like jungle gym.
__________________
Communication is Inevitable, Irreversible & Unrepeatable. Be Warn!
Sexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #990
werico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 7

red,yellow, green,blue

they really love the primary colors a lot!

what a visual disaster!


Last edited by werico; January 29th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
werico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #991
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

I think the check in counters should be dark grey, white or just grey instead it would match much better with the interior. Red counters and blue sign seems so outta place.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:18 AM   #992
Sexas
Whole Other Country
 
Sexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 735
Likes (Received): 2

blue information sign is very internation, the red is matching the roof color, the green sign is from the shop, they can't do anything about it.
__________________
Communication is Inevitable, Irreversible & Unrepeatable. Be Warn!
Sexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #993
uwhuskies
Registered User
 
uwhuskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,107
Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexas View Post
blue information sign is very internation, the red is matching the roof color, the green sign is from the shop, they can't do anything about it.
While color schemes do matter and it could be better, the overall look is not bad albeit a bit bland. The building is top notch though.
uwhuskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:56 AM   #994
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

photos from ice_colder, sohu.com







big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:54 PM   #995
iehelyn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 0

Thanks for the updates, big-dog!

It's always nice to see such a uniquely-decorated terminal when airports from most other Chinese cities look so similar. I'm sure with all these cultural elements added, visitors will be able to tell that they have arrived in China when landed at T3.

Really think PEK T3 is far more grand when compared with PVG T2
iehelyn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:19 PM   #996
werico
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 116
Likes (Received): 7

news has it that it'll be officially open on Feb. 29, 2008
werico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:25 AM   #997
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人
 
BarbaricManchurian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Worcester
Posts: 5,505
Likes (Received): 6896

Beijing Airport 2

New airport for Beijing confirmed
(China Daily)
Updated: 2008-01-31 09:43


A second airport will be built in Beijing, a senior official said yesterday.


Scheduled to open in 2015, the new facility will provide additional capacity once Capital International reaches its maximum.


A new, third terminal at Capital will open for testing at the end of next month.


Yang Guoqing, deputy minister of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China (CAAC), said at a press conference there will be no further large-scale developments at Capital.


He dismissed rumors the second international airport will be built in Beijing's Daxing district.


"The location of the second airport has not been decided, because choosing the right location is a very complicated matter," he said.


Yang said the economic development strategy of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei area and the pattern of passenger and cargo flow has to be considered.


The new airport should also not come into conflict with the existing facilities in Beijing and Tianjin in terms of air space, he said.


The CAAC is currently conducting a study of several world cities that have two or more airports, including New York and Shanghai, to help it decide on the best location, Yang said.


His remarks marked the first time a senior CAAC official has spoken about the plan to build a second international airport.


The idea for the facility emerged in 2002, after Beijing won the rights to host the 2008 Olympics.


While the Beijing municipal government and the CAAC suggested expanding Capital airport to handle the high passenger flow during the Games, authorities in Tianjin municipality and Hebei province proposed the development of a new airport within their regions as a solution.


The central government decided in 2003 on the expansion of Capital and ordered all works to be completed before 2008, Zhang Guobao, deputy minister of the National Development and Reform Commission, said yesterday.


The expanded airport has been designed to handle 76 million passengers and 1.8 million tons of cargo a year by 2015.


The new third terminal has been billed as the largest and most advanced in the country, with the 27 billion yuan ($3.75 billion) investment expected to be recovered in 12 years.


Two areas of the terminal - T3C and T3E - have been completed and passed system tests last year.


Zhang, who is also chief commander of the airport expansion project, said the first batch of six airlines, including two domestic carriers and four foreign ones, will move into T3 on February 29. A second batch of 26 airlines, including Air China and 11 Star Alliance members, will move in on March 26.


A third section of the terminal, T3D, is still undergoing interior work and will be completed in May, officials said.


The later date is due to work on T3D starting two years after T3C and T3E, Ding Jiangang, the project's chief designer, said.


On completion, T3D will receive foreign athletes and officials who arrive in charter flights during the Olympics. This group of visitors accounts for at least 65 percent of the total number of foreign guests, Zhang Zhizhong, president of the Capital Airports Holding Co, said.


Beijing Capital International Airport, built in 1959 and expanded in 1999, is designed to receive 35 million passengers a year. But according to official figures, last year it received more than 52 million.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6433174.htm

________________________________________________________________

Second int'l airport expected to operate in Beijing around 2015


www.chinaview.cn 2008-01-31


BEIJING, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- Beijing is expected to put a second international airport into use around 2015 to ease traffic pressure, a top official with China's civil aviation administration said on Wednesday.

The present airport will see its passenger flow exceed 60 million this year, seven years earlier than anticipated, said Yang Guoqing, deputy head of China's General Administration of Civil Aviation (CAAC).

The CAAC had submitted a report to the central government on the selection of a site for a second international airport, which was still undecided, said Yang. He said that the selection process was complicated, involving the distribution of airspace and passenger flows, regional economic development and the environment.

There have been reports that the new facility would be located on the plains near the Yongding River to the south of the city, in neighboring Hebei Province, or in Tianjin Municipality.

Before the new facility opens, the Beijing Capital International Airport (BCIA), the only international airport in the host city of the upcoming Olympics, will finish the construction of a third passenger terminal and a 340,000 square-meter traffic center.

The airport, China's busiest, handled 53.47 million passengers last year, putting it among the world's 10 busiest airports.

The Olympic Games, to be held in Beijing this August, are expected to bring more passengers to the capital.

The third terminal will start operation on February 29, with an area of 986,000 square meters, more than doubling the current two terminals' total area, said Zhang Guobao, head of the leading team in charge of the expansion project, on Wednesday.

Advanced technology will be adopted at the terminal, including a luggage transmitting system with automatic sorting function and a highest transmission speed of seven meters per second, offering greater convenience, said Zhang.

Editor: Yan Liang

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7529442.htm
________________________________________________________________

MAJOR POINTS
  • Beijing Capital International Airport Terminal 3 will be the last major project in Beijing Capital International Airport
  • Beijing Airport 2 is rumored to be located in Daxing
  • Beijing Airport 2 will open by 2015

Rumored location of Beijing Airport 2 (Daxing District / 大兴趣):


Last edited by BarbaricManchurian; February 2nd, 2008 at 06:18 PM.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:19 AM   #998
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
New airport for Beijing confirmed
(China Daily)
Updated: 2008-01-31 09:43


A second airport will be built in Beijing, a senior official said yesterday.


Scheduled to open in 2015, the new facility will provide additional capacity once Capital International reaches its maximum.


A new, third terminal at Capital will open for testing at the end of next month.


Yang Guoqing, deputy minister of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China (CAAC), said at a press conference there will be no further large-scale developments at Capital.


He dismissed rumors the second international airport will be built in Beijing's Daxing district.


"The location of the second airport has not been decided, because choosing the right location is a very complicated matter," he said.


Yang said the economic development strategy of the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei area and the pattern of passenger and cargo flow has to be considered.


The new airport should also not come into conflict with the existing facilities in Beijing and Tianjin in terms of air space, he said.


The CAAC is currently conducting a study of several world cities that have two or more airports, including New York and Shanghai, to help it decide on the best location, Yang said.


His remarks marked the first time a senior CAAC official has spoken about the plan to build a second international airport.


The idea for the facility emerged in 2002, after Beijing won the rights to host the 2008 Olympics.


While the Beijing municipal government and the CAAC suggested expanding Capital airport to handle the high passenger flow during the Games, authorities in Tianjin municipality and Hebei province proposed the development of a new airport within their regions as a solution.


The central government decided in 2003 on the expansion of Capital and ordered all works to be completed before 2008, Zhang Guobao, deputy minister of the National Development and Reform Commission, said yesterday.


The expanded airport has been designed to handle 76 million passengers and 1.8 million tons of cargo a year by 2015.


The new third terminal has been billed as the largest and most advanced in the country, with the 27 billion yuan ($3.75 billion) investment expected to be recovered in 12 years.


Two areas of the terminal - T3C and T3E - have been completed and passed system tests last year.


Zhang, who is also chief commander of the airport expansion project, said the first batch of six airlines, including two domestic carriers and four foreign ones, will move into T3 on February 29. A second batch of 26 airlines, including Air China and 11 Star Alliance members, will move in on March 26.


A third section of the terminal, T3D, is still undergoing interior work and will be completed in May, officials said.


The later date is due to work on T3D starting two years after T3C and T3E, Ding Jiangang, the project's chief designer, said.


On completion, T3D will receive foreign athletes and officials who arrive in charter flights during the Olympics. This group of visitors accounts for at least 65 percent of the total number of foreign guests, Zhang Zhizhong, president of the Capital Airports Holding Co, said.


Beijing Capital International Airport, built in 1959 and expanded in 1999, is designed to receive 35 million passengers a year. But according to official figures, last year it received more than 52 million.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchin...nt_6433174.htm

________________________________________________________________

Second int'l airport expected to operate in Beijing around 2015


www.chinaview.cn 2008-01-31


BEIJING, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- Beijing is expected to put a second international airport into use around 2015 to ease traffic pressure, a top official with China's civil aviation administration said on Wednesday.

The present airport will see its passenger flow exceed 60 million this year, seven years earlier than anticipated, said Yang Guoqing, deputy head of China's General Administration of Civil Aviation (CAAC).

The CAAC had submitted a report to the central government on the selection of a site for a second international airport, which was still undecided, said Yang. He said that the selection process was complicated, involving the distribution of airspace and passenger flows, regional economic development and the environment.

There have been reports that the new facility would be located on the plains near the Yongding River to the south of the city, in neighboring Hebei Province, or in Tianjin Municipality.

Before the new facility opens, the Beijing Capital International Airport (BCIA), the only international airport in the host city of the upcoming Olympics, will finish the construction of a third passenger terminal and a 340,000 square-meter traffic center.

The airport, China's busiest, handled 53.47 million passengers last year, putting it among the world's 10 busiest airports.

The Olympic Games, to be held in Beijing this August, are expected to bring more passengers to the capital.

The third terminal will start operation on February 29, with an area of 986,000 square meters, more than doubling the current two terminals' total area, said Zhang Guobao, head of the leading team in charge of the expansion project, on Wednesday.

Advanced technology will be adopted at the terminal, including a luggage transmitting system with automatic sorting function and a highest transmission speed of seven meters per second, offering greater convenience, said Zhang.

Editor: Yan Liang

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_7529442.htm
________________________________________________________________

MAJOR POINTS
  • Beijing Capital International Airport Terminal 3 will be the last major project in Beijing Capital International Airport
  • Beijing Airport 2 will be located in Daxing
Wouldnt it be a wise move to build a NEW split image terminal where the existing T1 and T2 are located today once all the carriers transfer to T3...?
I dont see how you can invest all this money into a NEW terminal and then turn around and say we need to build a NEW airport...
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:39 AM   #999
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Wouldnt it be a wise move to build a NEW split image terminal where the existing T1 and T2 are located today once all the carriers transfer to T3...?
I dont see how you can invest all this money into a NEW terminal and then turn around and say we need to build a NEW airport...


I was thinking of the samething. T3 should be able to handle T1 and T2 temporarily. They should demolish those two terminals and built another terminal as large as this 3rd terminal that should still be cheaper than an entirely new airport.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:06 AM   #1000
big-dog
Registered User
 
big-dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,080
Likes (Received): 6840

they say the T3's target is to satisfy the capacity till 2015. The reason they want a new one is, even the terminal can handle the increasing passenger number, the airspace is not enough to deal with the increasing flights. So adding one runway can only increase 20% of the airport capacity, building a new one can benefit more in the long run considering China's population.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
beijing, east asian hub airport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium