daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #1321
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

Oh geez camicin, you sound like a Communist propaganda machine. A very incorrect one at that.

Beijing residents are compensated well? Do you live under a rock? Anyone with the slightest interest in foreign affairs knows how badly working class Chinese are treated, the amount of suicides that are committed on large construction sites (such as Terminal 3 and the stadium) out of protest because the Government refuses to pay the workers.

Chine is a brutal dictatorship with no interest in human rights.
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #1322
YelloPerilo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 35

Yeah, the "West" has full interest in human rights ... has always been. Starting from colonisation, slave trade, Opium Wars, Vietnam War, Diego Garcia, etc. up to Iraq.

Some people are just full of themselves.
YelloPerilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #1323
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

I wasn't saying that the West is perfect, but for someone to think that China is, well, that's just insanity.
city_thing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #1324
snow is red
Vicky Pollard lol

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
Oh geez camicin, you sound like a Communist propaganda machine. A very incorrect one at that.

Beijing residents are compensated well? Do you live under a rock? Anyone with the slightest interest in foreign affairs knows how badly working class Chinese are treated, the amount of suicides that are committed on large construction sites (such as Terminal 3 and the stadium) out of protest because the Government refuses to pay the workers.

Not the government, it is more like construction companies. They refused to pay in some cases but the government is working hard to track down those companies and return the money to those people.
Last year, the government already helped the migrant workers retreive billions of dollars of unpaid wages .
snow is red no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #1325
Letniczka

To city_thing:

We Westerners, with our huge war crimes against humanity have no right to criticize other countries, and China not at all, and, also your opinion is unimportant, cause it's not your matter to decide how people in other countries have to live, or how they must organize their own society.

Interesting. After last surveys, Chinese in the People's Republic of China belong to the happiest people in Asia, so maybe it is that what is making you so furious: http://www.sikatangpinoy.com/filipin...e-in-asia.html

Dictatorship or not. Where ist the point?
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/asia/tha...s-happiest.htm (Taiwanese site)

You are writing like a stupid soccer fan, and you will die as such one, should you listen only to your Western propaganda till your last days.

ps I had been to China, Thailand and other Asian countries more than 50 times, so I know what I'm talking about. And I feel much more free in Beijing, Bangkok, Taipei than in London. Much more.
Letniczka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1326
kronik

Likes (Received): 26

why are two people on the same side arguing?

Who gave the Olympics to China? The IOC! If they had any concerns about this illusion called human rights/freedom of speech blah blah, they would have made it known. As for workers rights, I am sure nobody knows what the situation is for sure, so lets keep the assumptions out.

Now lets get on with the construction!
kronik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #1327
camicin

Likes (Received): 5

city thing, you sound like a cia propagandist.

brutal dictatorship, no human right, no freedom.
aren't you tired of repeating this nonsense
you,re like a broken record..
camicin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #1328
Alphaville

Likes (Received): 375

While I don't agree that China is a "brutal dictatorship" - I do think China has a long way to go to improving it's human rights. Economic boom/and population or not EVERY Government has a responsibility to the safety and security of it's own people - and I cannot' say the CCP has always had them at it's best interests.

HOWEVER I think things are slowly changing in China for the better/ I visited last year and will be going to China again in September, I absolutely love the culture and the people. Very cool and exciting country to be in.

Speaking of the Airport-- I used Terminal 2 last time, which was looking quite old, empty and dark when I was there--- are there any plans to renovate this terminal?

I'm flying with Singapore Airlines-- hopefully will fly into Terminal 3.
Alphaville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:28 AM   #1329
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

yes, Singapore airlines will use T3, T2 has been occupied by China Southern Airlines. With less people and airlines, I think it's good enough for most mdomestic flights.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #1330
camicin

Likes (Received): 5

[QUOTE=Alphaville;23285256]While I don't agree that China is a "brutal dictatorship" - I do think China has a long way to go to improving it's human rights. Economic boom/and population or not EVERY Government has a responsibility to the safety and security of it's own people - and I cannot' say the CCP has always had them at it's best interests

I totally disagree. China's human rights record is better compared with those that styled themselves as democratic country. As regard safety and security of the Chinese people ,I believe they are well taken care of by the Chinese government , evidence by the modernization of their military.

Not only that, the Chinese government will lead them to a prosperous tomorrow by providing them with excellence housing ( you like to call them commieblock ), food security, job security, well fare benefits, topnotch education, excellent infrastructure like this modern airport, state of the art railways etc etc.

This government ( you like to call it CCP ) is way much better compared to other out there that cannot even provide the basic needs of their citizens.
camicin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #1331
Kiss the Rain
WoyaoDaJb

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:

Oh ffs, I can't believe how incredibly economics illiterate some people can be, it's all market forces isn't it, if demand for labour is high, supply is low, then high wages, if demand low and supply high, then low wages. Workers work for their employees VOLUNTARILY, it's not like they are forced to work for somebody, if they believe they are not treated well then they can simply find ANOTHER JOB.

In any case, what does it have it do with the STATE anyhow? The conditions that employees treat the workers is settled between those 2 parties, how the heck does the state got to do with anything if some random employers decide to pay only 2 bux a hour.
Old July 30th, 2008, 06:05 AM   #1332
Bandit

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:

And anyone with a slightest knowledge of history knows that Westerners don't have a history of caring about human rights. Notice that whether it was the belief in white superiority or human rights, Westerners hate the same and use it as an excuse as their right to dictate to the world? Its the same song but sung in a different tune.

So why do the British lie to the uniformed world that they gave Hong Kong a democracy, when you never did, that the British charge China is taking away? It was only the six years out of one hundred and fifty-six years of British occupation that a token half-bake democracy was introduced but was never a true democracy since it was the British government always chose the governor and was not elected by the Hong Kong people. So inactuality the people of Hong Kong has lived under the "democracy" the British introduced longer under Beijing now than ever with the British. Is that about someone who cares about human rights when "democracy" was only introduced to Hong Kong until after the British knew it had to hand it back to China?

And what about that illegal war based on lies called Iraq? Does that really come from someone who cares about human rights? And how about the British trying to convince their infamous child molester, Gary Glitter, not to move back to Great Britain when he gets out of a Vietnamese prison for molesting vulnerable poor children in a thrid world country but to move to Hong Kong instead?

Last edited by Bandit; July 30th, 2008 at 06:15 AM.
Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 06:32 AM   #1333
big-dog

please keep this kind of talk out of an infrastructure thread.

Here's some airport express rail opening pics (opened July 19)

route map

Dongzhimen station entrance

T2 station

T3 station

driving out of airport

Sanyuanqiao station

Dongzhimen station

(beijingupdates.com)
Old July 30th, 2008, 06:40 AM   #1334
foxmulder_ms

Likes (Received): 21

nice pictures, thanks
foxmulder_ms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #1335
staff
囧!

Location: Hong Kong | Singapore | Melbourne | Malm÷ | Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 717

The airport express trains and stations look amazing!
More and more pictures I see from Beijing has blue/non-hazy skies in them.
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #1336
bonivison

Likes (Received): 49

traditional + futuristic=perfect
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #1337
big-dog

7.29 T3

(beijingupdates.com)
Old July 31st, 2008, 01:56 AM   #1338
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 849

There are also plans for a 4th runway for the airport joined to the 3rd runway to further increase traffic movements. I don't think that expansion will happen.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:43 AM   #1339
herenthere
I♥H.K.

Likes (Received): 70

Hey big-dog,
Can you get a picture of the fare gates head-on (side with smart card reader)? I love seeing those futuristic gates!
Thanks.
Old July 31st, 2008, 05:36 AM   #1340
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6896

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
yes, Singapore airlines will use T3, T2 has been occupied by China Southern Airlines. With less people and airlines, I think it's good enough for most mdomestic flights.
T2 didn't look that bad the last time I went through it; it needs some maintenance though, it's getting a bit dirty in areas and looks a bit "cheap" (the walls are just boards). However, it is not really that bad, maybe needs a deep clean and the terminal got crowded quickly after opening, so it may be something unexpected for people who go to less crowded Western terminals. Anyway, I doubt I'll be going there again, almost all international flights go through T3, and most domestic flights as well.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
beijing, east asian hub airport