daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:33 AM   #281
boricuba
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl
Thats as of 2001 now its totally different many cities and states are having highways repaved or widened or have already done so at the turn of the century we realized our roads have fallen behind with quality and we are doing something about it. Go drive on a freshly paved or repaved highway in america its an extremely smooth ride.

It does not matter what you sy PHZ2 he hates america and what he does is find a article or study that nobody cares that is not actually factual and say that roads are underfunded and the U.S roads are terrible. The U.s System by number of expressways, payed roads is bigger than E.U. In countries that are not germany roads are like 3rd world countries i have seen them!

And dont tell them that we have improved them! the roads in general have always been better in general to europe. Go to Florida, Nevada, Georgia brand new highways build by the states like turnpikes and expressway! dont give them explanation i have the data and studies that are international comparing E.U road systems to U.S.
boricuba no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:40 AM   #282
boricuba
BANNED

PHZ2

Remember U.S standards in almost everything are higher than E.U!

You get informationfrom a nonprofit organization which pretty much gets its information from word of mouth they work for the lobbyst to ask for more money. the federal goverment in which they really outspends E.U and germany by allot.

Please see sides like AAA which clearly points out the status of roads!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:52 AM   #283
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10380

All I have to say, is that Connecticut has fallen behind in Interstate quality...

Better than New York, though...
Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:56 PM   #284
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuba
It does not matter what you sy PHZ2 he hates america and what he does is find a article or study that nobody cares that is not actually factual and say that roads are underfunded and the U.S roads are terrible. The U.s System by number of expressways, payed roads is bigger than E.U. In countries that are not germany roads are like 3rd world countries i have seen them!

And dont tell them that we have improved them! the roads in general have always been better in general to europe. Go to Florida, Nevada, Georgia brand new highways build by the states like turnpikes and expressway! dont give them explanation i have the data and studies that are international comparing E.U road systems to U.S.
I like U.S interstates
You make a mistake.
Germany has not the better road in EU.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:14 PM   #285
Bahnsteig4

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
I prefer the European Autobahn system.
There is no point in preferences. You can't drive on European roads in the US. I always prefer the roads that get me where I want.

Austrian Forum - Support our Skybar!

Yes, for ****'s sake, all pictures I post were TAKEN BY ME
Bahnsteig4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM   #286
e2ksj3

Likes (Received): 0

It depends on what state you're in. Some states like NC don't do a very job of keeping up the interstates, while states like Georgia do.

I-77 in Charlotte, NC

I-85 in Atlanta, GA

e2ksj3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:05 PM   #287
phnzn2

Quote:
Once again "engineer" boricuba has failed to prove he has the capacity to discern between basic concepts. My study is qualitative, buddy, it is not quantitative. It is therefore pointless to point out that the US outnumbers the EU in terms of absolute length. You are continuously off-track, and this clearly shows how much of "experiences" how have acquired during your career. You just never fail to fail other forumers.

In addition, you affirm my study is not factually correct, a point I heartily invite you to demonstrate eventhough I for sure know you won't.

Quote:
You just don't have any (reliable) data.
phnzn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:16 PM   #288
phnzn2

Quote:
PHZ2

Remember U.S standards in almost everything are higher than E.U!

You get informationfrom a nonprofit organization which pretty much gets its information from word of mouth they work for the lobbyst to ask for more money. the federal goverment in which they really outspends E.U and germany by allot.

Please see sides like AAA which clearly points out the status of roads!
You are free to furret into aaa.com and fetch a study that "clearly points out" the (real ?) status of roads. Also, AAA is a nonprofit lobby group, I hope their studies are not just "words of mouth" either.

Can you show me how US Standards "in almost everything" outperform EU ones, please ????? A last remark: watch your spelling and punctuation. I know it's your trick to always make everything foggy but at some point it becomes less funny.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM   #289
boricuba
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phnzn2
You are free to furret into aaa.com and fetch a study that "clearly points out" the (real ?) status of roads. Also, AAA is a nonprofit lobby group, I hope their studies are not just "words of mouth" either.

Can you show me how US Standards "in almost everything" outperform EU ones, please ????? A last remark: watch your spelling and punctuation. I know it's your trick to always make everything foggy but at some point it becomes less funny.

I am sending message to moderator you are always looking for me in the forums. You hate america and that clouds your Judgement! When i have accepted that E.U have somethings better than U.S for Example Raislsystems i have not seen from you once in this forum something positive about the U.S. Clearly you seem to think that i care about your desperation to make the U.S.A look bad which it clearly leads by numbers last time i put allot of links and list other forumers did backed the information. But you always pick on the Railsystems because that is the only thing you could find that E.U has better than U.S. Clearly you have not been to Florida, Gerogia, Texas, Nevada all brand new roads and believe me if i wanted i could get your precious studies and factual data but clearly the U.S has a major system of roads and cannot be compare to a system like germany that is no bigger than a state. The U.S has more roads and Expressways than Europe check any site. I have been to Europe and Next month i will be in Spain were my grandparents live. Hopefullyi will rent a cart and take E.U roads in Spain and France and compared them to the U.S.A please i travel and i know what i see! In regards to my mispuntuation is that i live and i think and i talk in Spanish is my first and main language i never said i had perfect english!

You should get out of the U.S.A you clearly dont appreciated and you are a demagogue that hates the U.S for what it did to your country Vietnam that now kises the U.S ass! to due Buisness. Yesterday the president of European comission Wolfgang said that if it wasn't for the U.S aid Europe received after the war to rebuild itself,Europe will not be as half of what it is today. I
am not goint to talk any further with an Angry asian!
Old June 22nd, 2006, 09:16 PM   #290
phnzn2

Quote:
I am sending message to moderator you are always looking for me in the forums. You hate america and that clouds your Judgement! When i have accepted that E.U have somethings better than U.S for Example Raislsystems i have not seen from you once in this forum something positive about the U.S.
I am extremely concerned about what you say and its accuracy. Everything else just happens to be out of my interest. I don't personally feel obliged to praise the US, not that I hate it, but simply I don't feel like !!!!!! And the fact that this hurts your American pride is a good indicator of your inferiority complex.

Quote:
Clearly you seem to think that i care about your desperation to make the U.S.A look bad which it clearly leads by numbers last time i put allot of links and list other forumers did backed the information. But you always pick on the Railsystems because that is the only thing you could find that E.U has better than U.S. Clearly you have not been to Florida, Gerogia, Texas, Nevada all brand new roads and believe me if i wanted i could get your precious studies and factual data but clearly the U.S has a major system of roads and cannot be compare to a system like germany that is no bigger than a state. The U.S has more roads and Expressways than Europe check any site. I have been to Europe and Next month i will be in Spain were my grandparents live. Hopefullyi will rent a cart and take E.U roads in Spain and France and compared them to the U.S.A please i travel and i know what i see! In regards to my mispuntuation is that i live and i think and i talk in Spanish is my first and main language i never said i had perfect english!
Again, my only and unique concern is the accuracy of what you say. I am not into learning if you have grandparents in Spain, or if you have driven Georgian or Floridan highways. My unique and only concern is whether Boeing is such an integer corporation, whether the US Interstate are really the "best", whether US Standards are almost higher than EU ones in "everything", etc etc etc. Sadly you have left my questions unanswered. :-( preferring to cling to "facts" that are of limited interest in the discussion.

Quote:
You should get out of the U.S.A you clearly dont appreciated and you are a demagogue that hates the U.S for what it did to your country Vietnam that now kises the U.S ass! to due Buisness. Yesterday the president of European comission Wolfgang said that if it wasn't for the U.S aid Europe received after the war to rebuild itself,Europe will not be as half of what it is today. I
am not goint to talk any further with an Angry asian!
Do you personally take it seriously when politicians make speech ????? When Bush said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, did you believe him ?????? Besides, the president of the European Commission is not named Wolfgang. And whether somebody really said such thing in Vienna is kind of dubious.

Last edited by phnzn2; June 22nd, 2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 10:32 PM   #291
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

COULD YOU STOP WITH THESE ENDLESS AND POINTLESS ARGUMENTS AND JUST SHOW US PICTURES?!?!?!

THANKS!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:10 AM   #292
Downtownboi
Utah's

I-5 (Seattle) showing the Washington State Convention Center over the Interstate.
Downtownboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2006, 09:34 AM   #293
Downtownboi
Utah's

Evergreen Point Floating Bridge - Gov. Albert D. Rosellini Bridge

1963 view

Rush Hour(s) traffic

Downtownboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM   #294
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

Shame its gonna be gone i mean there arent many floating bridges is the new span going to be a normal bridge?
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #295
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
For Exa,ple i think that South Afica, Australia, and Japan have better roads than Europe.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!
OettingerCroat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #296
EDBTZ

San Francisco International Airport

EDBTZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 04:47 AM   #297
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by OettingerCroat
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!
Whats so funny? I dont know about South Africa but Australia and Japan have excellent roads at the same level or even better than europe.
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #298
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl
Whats so funny? I dont know about South Africa but Australia and Japan have excellent roads at the same level or even better than europe.
?!
Give me a break!!!
Australia?!?!?

Get real mate.

Not that Australia has bad roads.... they just don't have the density or the population to need a road network than could compare in any way with europe.

Also, Japan?... Sure they have great infrastructures, but motorways are not Japans speciality... They might have good urban roads, but apart from that...
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #299
tritown

Likes (Received): 5

Too long, too deep. (for anything else)
tritown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:22 AM   #300
Jayayess1190

Likes (Received): 45

Happy 50th Birthday Interstates!!!!!!!

Tags
america, california, highway, highways, interstate, los angeles, united states, urban