daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Rate Our Talls > Rate Our Skylines

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: ==> <==
10 48 16.49%
9.5 7 2.41%
9 19 6.53%
8.5 13 4.47%
8 28 9.62%
7.5 29 9.97%
7 30 10.31%
6.5 14 4.81%
6 16 5.50%
5.5 7 2.41%
5 15 5.15%
4.5 7 2.41%
4 6 2.06%
3.5 8 2.75%
less than 3.5 44 15.12%
Voters: 291. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 13th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #221
TheInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeuffer View Post
no, Mumbai is more fascinating than any city in the states !!
*chuckles*

and by fascinating you mean, people openly defecating on the streets, poor hygiene, no rule of law, extreme poverty, very third worldish then you're right, it is fascinating indeed.

and this is a country that compares itself with China? smh. it needs clean streets and people with clean clothes who are well fed first before it even tries to be mentioned in the same page as China.
TheInsider no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #222
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoojyh View Post
To be honest, i never thought Mumbai look like this before i reach Mumbai.....

I arrived Mumbai at night time. Firstly i cant event see huge expressway network light, endless city light and colorful light from above sky of Mumbai, it is fine for me....

But when i step into INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL, i saw the airport is still behide other international airport like Changi Airport T3, Pudong Int Airport, Beijing T3, Dubai int Airport, Bangkok new int Airport and other (i dont feel its class and its old).

When i am on de way to hotel, i am stuck in the heavy traffic jam.... next morning, i saw many & huge slum areas still exist in Mumbai, traffic still messy and street level still dirty. still alot of poor people (Pity enought & government not taking care of them too) sleep beside the road and its near to International Terminal too. How can an International Airport Built in such way to Welcome Foreigner???

I went to Navi Mumbai, expected to see a world class city like as one of the local people told me. All the way, i dont understand that why the all the city road and expressway road surface is always uneven and dirty..... i felt disappointed with what i saw in Navi Mumbai.... in overall(facilities, expressway, public transportation, skyline, city cleanliness and street level)the city still doesnt look like NYC, London,HK, Shanghai, Dubai. its atleast 35 years behide other international city for northen Mumbai and 20 years behide for Mumbai Downtown+Navi Mumbai. Wish Mumbai can catch up within 10 years time, wish...... a hope doesnt cost.

Today, one of the Mumbai driver told me the Mumbai first MRT line has started its construction since 7 years ago.... its amazing that this project will take atleast another 2years to complete.... consider one of the longest MRT contruction period in the world???

but i highly appreciated Mumbai service attitude especially in the restuarant, their warm serivce attitude is much better than Singapore, Paris, Shanghai and HK. Food is delicious and cheap too.

In conclusion I am still very disappointed with my trip in Mumbai, prehape someone can advice me how to enjoy my trip...

Sorry for my honesty. before i reach Mumbai, i give 7/10 but 4/10 after i reach Mumbai. the city look pretty from far, far from pretty
for my experience, if a country GDP growth over 8% each year, the change is tremendous,but india dont look like that. i read from newspaper that india GDP calculation apply different way with other countries, the real growth is only 2% last year. the demestic consum alomost zero increase.
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #223
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10781

Very interesting city. I imagine that Mumbai will look vastly different 10 years from now.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #224
Bangalore_Geek
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
for my experience, if a country GDP growth over 8% each year, the change is tremendous,but india dont look like that. i read from newspaper that india GDP calculation apply different way with other countries, the real growth is only 2% last year. the demestic consum alomost zero increase.
No you poor little brainwashed Chinese kid, the "newspaper" you read might have been one of those red ChiCom Commie rags that you're allowed to read in China. Real growth was 8%, growth with inflation was around 13%. Did they teach you all this stuff in your local commie office? Read some real newspapers some day if your masters allow you to.

Last edited by Bangalore_Geek; April 13th, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Bangalore_Geek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #225
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangalore_Geek View Post
No you poor little brainwashed Chinese kid, the "newspaper" you read might have been one of those red ChiCom Commie rags that you're allowed to read in China. Real growth was 8%, growth with inflation was around 13%. Did they teach you all this stuff in your local commie office? Read some real newspapers some day if your masters allow you to.
You do realize that this is a moderated site? Do you see that triangle with the red border?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #226
Pfeuffer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInsider View Post
*chuckles*

and by fascinating you mean, people openly defecating on the streets, poor hygiene, no rule of law, extreme poverty, very third worldish then you're right, it is fascinating indeed.

and this is a country that compares itself with China? smh. it needs clean streets and people with clean clothes who are well fed first before it even tries to be mentioned in the same page as China.
at least there is no drive-by-shooting in mumbai
and the crimerates are much lower than in L.A..
Pfeuffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #227
Bangalore_Geek
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeuffer View Post
at least there is no drive-by-shooting in mumbai
and the crimerates are much lower than in L.A..
Yep - actually Mumbai is among the safest cities of its size, worldwide. But one can't expect a chap with his IQ to comprehend that.
Bangalore_Geek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #228
Eduardo L. Ramirez

Likes (Received): 906

Common guys, this thread is exclusively about Mumbai's skyline. As it is with e.g. Dubai, discussions about a city's 'fascination', wealth and crime rate don't belong in here, especially if being compared to other cities.

image hosted on flickr

Bombay Sunset by Quasiboo, on flickr
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #229
MelboyPete
Proud Melbournian

Likes (Received): 195

Interesting skyline but the individual buildings don't excite me much...looking forward to see the India Tower completed. Love the design of this tower.
MelboyPete no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #230
mossimoh

Likes (Received): 278

Disappointing skyline. As India's biggest city I expected more variety in the talls..
mossimoh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #231
minba
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

3/10

Not a very good skyline for such a big city, but one have to remember that the city is a third world city in a third world country with a lot of poverty and people living in the streets in their own filth. I visited the city last year and was in totally shock when I saw all the filthy baracks and all the poor people...so sad. Its much worse than in Africa.
minba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #232
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Yeah Yeah Ok.......live well in your so called 1st world country...ehhrr

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #233
minba
BANNED

What do you mean my friend???? Im just being honest.
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #234
Master of Disguise
Punjabi for Life..!!!

Likes (Received): 459

Yeah yeah..How honest man...wow...!!!

Continue living in your BS world.....

iQuest Real Estate

New Delhi - NCR, INDIA
Master of Disguise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #235
Eduardo L. Ramirez

Likes (Received): 906

Insults aren't necessary, don't you think? If pointing out a reason for not liking a skyline one should make more clear that it's just an opinion, on the other hand.

image hosted on flickr

The One Boat by jun6lee, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Mumbai Skyline by Chris &amp; Silpa, on Flickr
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #236
minba
BANNED

Please do not be rude my friend or I will report you. Its just an opinion I share with most people. Maybe the truth hurts, but its the truth never the less and you know it.
Old April 25th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #237
b3ta
Carvaka

Quote:
Umm you must read some crappy newspapers then, the India GDP growth was 9% in 2009 according to the world bank.

India is a lot poorer than other countries but no doubt growing fast.

Prior to 2000 the tallest building in Mumbai was 150 meters. Now there are atleast 9 300m + U/C or prep supertall buildings underway in the city and maybe 20-30 buildings taller than 200m U/C. (very few cities currently have this much construction activity)

Checkout the mumbai projects forum.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1234
b3ta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #238
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

Some pics posted in Mumbai cityscapes

copyright flickoholic
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #239
deekshith
DELETED

Likes (Received): 1764

Quote:
i read from newspaper that india GDP calculation apply different way with other countries, the real growth is only 2% last year. the demestic consum alomost zero increase.

Check this World bank data
deekshith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #240
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

One can only imagine the other stuff chinese newspapers say.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
india, mumbai, skyline