daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Iran > Construction & Development Issues > National Infrastructure and Economy



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #41
shayan
Prince of Persia
 
shayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shiraz, Randstad
Posts: 1,974
Likes (Received): 15

Agree^
shayan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:45 PM   #42
prsn41ife
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 514
Likes (Received): 0

Gazprom eyes stake in Iran pipeline

Crisil Market Wire / New Delhi December 23, 2005



Russia's national gas company Gazprom has showninterest in picking up a stake in the Iran-India gas pipeline, which will pass through Pakistan, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar told the Lok Sabha today. The company was also prepared to participate as a contractor in the venture, he said.

The proposal from Gazprom would be considered when the governments of India, Pakistan and Iran decide on the structure of the project, the minister said. The 2,000-kilometre trans-national pipeline is expected to cost around $8 billion.

Asserting that there was no uncertainty regarding the mammoth project, Aiyar said two separate official-level joint working groups had been constituted to work out the details.

“The meetings of these working groups are being held regularly and discussions are progressing satisfactorily,” he added.

Separately, Aiyar said India was keen on participating in another gas pipeline project from Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan to India. India had been invited to join the Asian Development Bank-led project as an observer, he said.

In reply to another question Aiyar said the government was considering the proposal for an oil price stabilisation fund. However, the use of the cess levied on crude oil for the setting up of this fund was impeded as the fertiliser industry was also a beneficiary of this cess, he added.

The minister told the Lok Sabha that according to the legislation, the cess proceeds could be used for other industries, particularly the fertiliser industry.

If the cess funds were used for the stabilisation of oil prices, then it would be at the cost of the fertiliser industry, Aiyar said.

“The problem is in the language of the Act. That is the dilemma we are attempting to address,” he said, and added that the intention of having a stabilisation fund was to ensure that fluctuations in price remained in a given band.

“But the price volatility in the last year has been almost all the time beyond the band,” he added.

The cess on indigenous crude amounts to approximately 54 billion rupees per annum.

Upstream oil companies, including the Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd (ONGC), will have to share the burden of revenue loss incurred by oil marketing companies on the retail selling of oil products,

“The policy is to equitably share the burden of under-recoveries suffered by oil marketing firms in the context of anomalous price increases,” he said.

The ONGC had sought a review of the subsidy sharing policy under which, upstream companies had to share the burden of revenue losses on four fuel products petrol, diesel, LPG and kerosene.

Aiyar said the ministry would consider the details of the under-recoveries for the third quarter before taking a decision on the same.

“ONGC’s demand will have to be considered in the light of reality rather than some impressionistic statements made by the company,” Aiyar said.

At present, upstream oil companies, oil marketing companies and the government share a third of the burden of revenue loss on the four oil products.

The ONGC plans to invest over Rs 85 billion between 2006 and 2010 to revamp offshore pipelines and platforms through internal accruals, Aiyar informed.

In addition to this investment, the company will invest Rs 8.84 billion to upgrade seismic, well-logging, work stations and information technology projects in 2006-07, Aiyar said.
prsn41ife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:19 PM   #43
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

I hope work on this pipeline starts soon. This is going to benefit all the 3 countries - Iran , Pak & India.

Q :

There is a lot of oil & gas reserves in the Central Asian countries - Turkmenistan, Tajikistan , Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan etc. However these countries are landlocked. The only routes thru which the oil from these countries can reach the warm waters of the Persian gulf or Arabian sea is thru either Iran or thru Afghanistan & Pakistan. Has Iran aimed at providing conduit facility to these countries so that they can transport the oil to the ports of Persian gulf ?
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:29 PM   #44
prsn41ife
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 514
Likes (Received): 0

well, its not really irans responsibility to do something like this, but if iran does it can tax those countries.

but there is a plan to connect the caspian sea to the indian ocean.

check this thread out: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=297825
prsn41ife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:47 PM   #45
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

Iran can be the conduit for tapping the energy reserves of these countries. This will benefit Iran emmensely economically. Also it will increase Iran's strategic importance manifold.

If I were the President of Iran , I would make it a top priority to get these pipelines in place.
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #46
prsn41ife
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 514
Likes (Received): 0

http://money.inq7.net/topstories/vie...2&dd=24&file=2

Iran firm sets $100M to restart Philippine petrochem plant
Posted: 2:08 AM | Dec. 24, 2005

Abigail L. Ho
Inquirer

printable version email a story write the editor feedback




NPC Alliance Corp., a unit of Iran's National Petrochemical Co., will invest $100 million to re-commission a mothballed polyethylene plant in Mariveles town in the province of Bataan, northwest of Manila.

Iran's NPC International earlier bought 60 percent of NPC Alliance from Metro Alliance Holdings and Equities Corp. (Mahec), a company majority-owned by "plastics king" William Gatchalian.



Earlier this year, Mahec and Singaporean company Pan Pacific Capital Advisors Pte. Ltd. signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to undertake jointly the re-commissioning of the Mahec-owned plant.

The MOU contains the basic terms of reference governing the funding of the re-commissioning of the $350-million plant.

Following the signing, Mahec said the initial funding from the partnership would cover not only the cost of re-commissioning but also the purchase of startup feedstock to prepare the plant for operations.

Mahec eventually sold majority of its shares in the plant to Iran's NPC International.

In a related development, the Board of Investments has approved the transfer of all the pioneer incentives earlier granted to the Bataan plant to its new owners.

Since the plant closed only a year after going commercial, it could not take advantage of the incentives.

The Bataan polyethylene plant has a rated capacity of 275,000 metric tons a year, with enough room for future expansion.

It uses the BP innovene gas phase process, which entails processing of polyethylene resin for distribution to plastic producers.

The plant was decommissioned in 2003, before being acquired by Mahec last year through a debt and equity purchase from a consortium composed of the United Kingdom's British Petroleum, Malaysia's Petronas, Japan's Sumitomo and some Philippine investors. With INQ7.net
prsn41ife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #47
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia
Have you ever heard Bretton-Woods conference or Marshall Aids ? Up to that time, Central Banks of countries were to collect gold for every banknote they had printed. After Bretton-Woods, USA forced other countries to collect USA Dollars. USA said that USA central bank will allocate gold for them. They did like that till 1970's, bur later they stopped to allocate gold. This means USA prints baknotes for nothing. Today in world, trillions of dollars are in market that worth nothing more than a piece of paper. Only market that dollar can buy sth. in reality is petrol market.
As far as my understanding goes , after the world war most of the world's economy was damaged. USA was the only country with strong and stable economy. Since gold was the medium of exchange in that period , it was decided that in order to provide stability to the world economy USA would maintain a fixed price of gold vis-a-vis the dollar . This came to be known as 'Gold Standard'. As the european countries started re-building themselves , there ensued a spate of successive currency devaluation ( in order to boost exports ). The USA , in order to maintain the 'gold std' kept on buying gold from the market. This started creating inflationary pressures in US economy. Eventaully , during the "Bretton wood" conference USA declared that it will not support gold price any more. Since then the 'gold standard' has got abolished and all currencies have been 'free floating'.

It is incorrect to say that USA has been printing dollar for 'nothing' and that the dollar is mere paper . If that be the case than even during the period of 'gold std' USA was buying gold for paper

All countries in the world print their respective currency based on the 'monetary' policies of the Central bank. It is not linked to gold. SO...if US$ is paper then so are all the currencies of the world

The printing of $$ is based on 'money supply - M3' and is determined by how much FED wants to monetize the economy.

I don't think ur analysis is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia
In 2001 Saddam said that they will sell petrol for Euro not dollar, USA invaded his country.

Venezuella's Chaves said they'll sell petrol for Euro. USA hates them too.
Chaves is a communist and hence he hates USA which believes in market economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia
Iran announced that they'll sell petrol for Euro and it's obvious in 2006 they'll attack Iran. I'm sure that.
I don't think USA will attack Iran. Its hands are full with Afghanistan & Iraq. And I don't think that OIL bourse is the reason why USA will attack iran.


You guys also need to understand that the $$ and euro are freely convertible. Denominating petro stocks in euro DOESN'T MATTER.
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM   #48
shayan
Prince of Persia
 
shayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shiraz, Randstad
Posts: 1,974
Likes (Received): 15

You really need to do some more research. The oil industry is the only industry that is keeping the dollar standing. A nother fact is that a oil bourse is something really special only england usa and iran will have one. And iran will trade in euro so thats even more compatetive. What would you do if you where a european nation buy your oil for 55 dollars in england or usa or buy your oil for 38 euro in tehran?
shayan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #49
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
You really need to do some more research. The oil industry is the only industry that is keeping the dollar standing.
I accept that the USA economy is heavily dependent on OIL and a bulk of it comes from middle east. However I don't understand your point that its only the oil industry which is propping the dollar. Its the economy of the USA which determines the 'strength' of $$. May be u can explain me ur point of view.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
A nother fact is that a oil bourse is something really special only england usa and iran will have one. And iran will trade in euro so thats even more compatetive. What would you do if you where a european nation buy your oil for 55 dollars in england or usa or buy your oil for 38 euro in tehran?
Firstly , how is it possible that OIL is quoted for $55 in UK/USA and $38 in Tehran ..won't there be an arbitrage ?

Secondly, even if we hypothetically assume that it is so , what prevents USA to buy oil at $38 from Iran thru third party ?

May be I am missing out on something. But somebody need to explain this thing to me.

Last edited by Ajit; December 25th, 2005 at 06:24 PM.
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM   #50
Galatia
Registered User
 
Galatia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 0

^You don't get it because you're not well informed. In your previous post you've said that if dollar is pricelles then all currencies are priceless. That's not true. You must read tha history of banknote and money. Banknote is not sth. you can print gratis. You must reserve sth.(gold or sth. precious) counterbalance in your central bank. Though nowadays central banks are flexible on this, still they must sterilize the excessive money in the market.

It's obvious that USA printed ******* more dollars they must do. Today, far east is full of dollars. China, Japan, Korea and others are collecting dollars from the market like a crazy. No other country in the world didn't invest on dollar more than them. Do you think that it's normal ? What if they put on into circulation ? What will be the value of dollar ? What about USA's gigantic trade deficit ?
Galatia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #51
shayan
Prince of Persia
 
shayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shiraz, Randstad
Posts: 1,974
Likes (Received): 15

Ajit the american industry and federal reserves are standing on the artificial high value of the dollar. Believe me the american economy is really unstable at this momment.
shayan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:05 AM   #52
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia
^You don't get it because you're not well informed. In your previous post you've said that if dollar is pricelles then all currencies are priceless. That's not true. You must read tha history of banknote and money. Banknote is not sth. you can print gratis. You must reserve sth.(gold or sth. precious) counterbalance in your central bank. Though nowadays central banks are flexible on this, still they must sterilize the excessive money in the market.
As I know , after the 'gold standards' were abolished in the 70's , the currency issued by the Central Bank is not against its gold reserves ( counterbalance ). Those days are over. The money supply ( Bank note issue ) is a based on the monetary policies. If the money supply exceeds the growth in GDP , it erodes the value of the currency resulting in inflation , high interest rates and weaker exchange rate. So there is a natural control on how much a country can print notes. It is not as simple as printing 'paper' . Banks control the liquidity in the economy thru sterlization process by issuing & purchasing 'treasury bills'.

Either I am wrong or u r. Any way , I am enjoying this discussion with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia
It's obvious that USA printed ******* more dollars they must do. Today, far east is full of dollars. China, Japan, Korea and others are collecting dollars from the market like a crazy. No other country in the world didn't invest on dollar more than them. Do you think that it's normal ? What if they put on into circulation ? What will be the value of dollar ? What about USA's gigantic trade deficit ?
The ecnomies of the Far East - China , Korea , Japan , Taiwan , HongKong etc are tightly linked to US economy because they are export driven and most of the export is to USA. Since they have trade surplus they have excess $$ reserves which they have 'invested' in US Treasury bills. There are 2 points to be noted here :

1) If $$ is just paper why would they invest in US T-bills. Why are they not investing in 'gold' ??
2) If they don't invest in US T-bills , the dollar would depreciate. This will then hurt their exports.

Conclusion : $$ is not mere paper. It is backed by a sound economy of USA and in the present times it is also backed by the Asian 'tiger' economies. Even the oil rich countries of middle east have invested their wealth in USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatia
Who said that USA will invade Iran. USA will just attack Iran from air. There will be no ground operation. Othwerwise it would be a suicide for USA. Iran is not a country like Iraq. Thousans of USA soldiers would die in such a ground war. USA will attack Iran from air, will put an embargo and wait the mullah regime fall.
Here I agree with you. If at all USA will attack Iran , it will be thru aerial strikes and economic blockade. However the attack will not be because of OIL bourse. It may happen only if Iran pursues its nuclear program. USA may try to blow up the nuke facilities and some military installations.
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:50 AM   #53
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
Ajit the american industry and federal reserves are standing on the artificial high value of the dollar. Believe me the american economy is really unstable at this momment.
Shayan , I am trying my best to get your point of view. However I would request you to substantiate your opinions with 'facts & logic' ,especially when you make such BIG statements like '...the American economy is unstable and artificially held up.....' etc.

I accept that the US eco was under pressure over the last few years due to :

1) Recession between 2001 to 2004
2) Dot-com bust & some accounting scams which hit the stock markets
3) 9/11
4) Burden of war in Afghanistan & Iraq.

However the above shocks have been absorbed by the US econ. In 2005 , the US econ has done quite well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
....But back to the oil bourse thing. The good thing about the oil bourse in iran is that iran can influence the money in the bourse (by simply rejecting the opec and bringing prices up and down) They can do something like that because if the demand from the europeans will rise for euro oil. A lot of Other oil producing countries will have to find there way to iran. And at that momment iran can inforce there laws on the bourse. This will give the bourse a lot of power. A nother fact is that the Japanese are recovering and iran is one of there top oil deliverers and so they will prefere oil in euro because iran simply sells it in euro.
Firstly u need to understand how a free market economy functions. If Iran intends to have a vibrant OIL bourse , it will have to follow the principles of a market driven economy. In that case the fair and plain rules followed world-wide would be applied. The OIL bourse in order to be 'meaningful' will have to permit trade in petro stocks from ALL countries. In such a scenario , Iran will not be able to dictate terms of trade on the bourse. If ever it attempts to do so , the OIL bourse will become 'irrelevant' just like 'Tehran bourse' .

Secondly , this argument about euro & dollar is irrelevant. Both are freely convertible currencies. Selling oil in euro doesn't matter at all...it won't hurt $$.
Euro will gain vis-a-vis the $$ only if ---> Petro-ASSETS ( oil fields , refineries , pipelines , shipping companies etc ) are owned by EU countires . Denominating petro-stocks in euro is irrelevant.
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM   #54
shayan
Prince of Persia
 
shayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shiraz, Randstad
Posts: 1,974
Likes (Received): 15

The Meridian Report
A Global Perspective on Energy

www.themarkettraders.com

December 10th, 2005

If one stops for a moment to reflect on the use of weaponry over the course of history, we see that as a civilization we have indeed made tremendous strides. From hand to hand combat with sticks and stones we moved into bows and arrows. The invention of gunpowder then heralded yet another new age. Since black powder muskets in the Civil War timeframe, we have now engineered and refined our way to high velocity precision rifles. Along the way, advances in aeronautics gave us the ability to shoot at our foes from high above the ground. Advances in science then gave us the ability to exploit the power inherent in the atom. Once combined with aeronautics, we were able to drop atomic bombs from an overhead aircraft not onto an individual below but onto an entire city below. Advances in computer controlled guidance systems now see us launching so called “smart” bombs from great distances using stealth type flying crafts. But, the best is yet to come. We are about to see a radical new type of weapon unveiled on the global stage. This weapon will not rely on explosive technology or flying aircraft. This weapon will not kill enemy troops. This weapon will not see one army invading the territory of another. No, instead this weapon will simply rely on supply and demand, the basic concepts that underpin Economics 101. This new weapon will be a financial weapon. In fact this weapon will be so powerful it will be able to inflict serious harm on the financial stability of an entire adversarial nation. This weapon is the BOURSE. That’s right – the BOURSE. The dictionary defines BOURSE as follows:

BOURSE: a word of French origin meaning a stock exchange for securities trading.

If I have totally confused you, don’t run away. Keep reading and follow my argument

If you think the invasion of Iraq was about 9-11 and Al-Qaida then I urge you to think again. Cast aside all that the major television networks have programmed into your daily thinking, take a deep breath and slowly exhale. Now, think…real hard. Were any WMD’s (Weapons of Mass Destruction) ever found in Iraq? Has any connection between 9-11 and Saddam Hussein been solidly proven? The answer to both queries is a resounding NO. So why then would the US, the world’s largest economic entity, undertake an invasion of Iraq to capture and remove leader Saddam Hussein? The answer is all about economics. More specifically, Currency. That’s right, Currency. You see, Saddam Hussein had developed a very serious, very viable plan to sell Oil from his country in exchange for Euros. Had he succeeded in putting this plan into action, the damage to the stature of the US Dollar as the global reserve currency would have been un-fixable. Oil importing nations would have reduced their holdings of US Dollars and added Euros to their vaults. The damage to the US economy which is entirely predicated on US Dollar supremacy could have been quite serious indeed. So, in the immediate aftermath of 9-11, the US launched a major offensive under the rather attractive name Operation Iraqi Freedom to trounce any Oil for Euros plans once and for all. But CNN told you a different story. Over and over, night after night you were reminded that Saddam Hussein was a monster. He was sitting on a massive cache of destructive weapons that threatened your safety. He was intimately linked to Al Qaida and global terror. Carefully crafted stories by embedded reporters and film footage of US and British troops moving triumphantly towards Baghdad made the while thing seem larger than life.

Now, fast forward to December 2005. As I write this edition of the Meridian Report, there is a growing sense of deja-vu. This time, it is Iran that is causing problems. But, CNN will have you believe that Iran is causing nuclear problems by refusing to scale back its nuclear program. The real story is that by March 2006 Iran is threatening to have in place an entity called the Iranian Oil Bourse. Trading of Oil on this exchange will be denominated in – yes you guessed it – Euros. A well choreographed play from Saddam’s little black book of game day strategies. The Iranian Oil Bourse will go toe to toe and compete for global prominence with NYMEX in New York and the International Petroleum Exchange in London. Oil trading on these exchanges is done in US Dollar terms. That is why when we hear a quote given for Oil it is always basis the US Dollar. Oil is the lifeblood of the global economy, the US Dollar is the global reserve currency and Oil is quoted in US Dollar terms. A simple 1-2-3 argument.

But this simple 1-2-3 argument may be about to come under attack. A successful start-up of trading operations on this Bourse could lead to an erosion of the US Dollar. Hence this Bourse is a de facto weapon. A weapon so ferocious, that has the ability to undermine the entire US economy, and topple the US Dollar from its lofty perch. After all, why would Oil importing nations need to keep as many US Dollars in reserve if they can purchase Oil in Euros? The ramifications of a weakened US Dollar are serious. Global purchasers of US debt instruments may begin to shy away from a weaker currency in favor of Euro denominated debt instruments. This would place upward pressure on US interest rates and the serious imbalance of the US economy would be laid bare for all to see (as if we don’t already see it). After all, the US has no choice but to keep foreign investors interested in buying US debt. Management of the trade deficit and budget deficit depends on it. The housing market would surely collapse under the weight of higher interest rates. With mortgage rates now above 6% we are already seeing the signs of weakness of the housing market. Now imagine mortgage rates at 8% or even 9%. Given this scenario, it should come as little surprise that China recently moved all of a sudden to re-position its Renminbi currency away from the US Dollar and instead to a basket of global currencies. The Chinese are definitely not stupid. They have excellent relations with Iran and are well aware of the threat this new Bourse poses. Notice how the Chinese still have not told us the exact makeup of this basket? However, you can bet the Euro figures very prominently in the weighting of this basket.

With Operation Iraqi Freedom seemingly stuck in the mud and going nowhere what is the US to do? Sadly, the answer may be that there is little the US can do. The most powerful military force on the planet may be paralyzed. A simple Bourse – an exchange where Oil is bought and sold – may prove to be the ultimate weapon.

There are rumors floating about that a repeat of a 9-11 type attack is in the offing in the US. This would pave the way for the US to unilaterally launch an all out attack on Iran in the interests of protecting the world from terrorists. One of the consequences of this type of action would surely be a rapid deterioration of relations with other industrialized nations and a move by central bankers to quickly reduce US Dollar holdings. Such a move would also add more fuel to the already raging inferno of Muslim / US relations. So, not a likely strategy.

The US could try to garner support on the world stage for a group of Allies to stage an invasion of Iran to thwart further development of the Iranian nuclear program. However, given the problems with the Iraqi situation and with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair still smarting from his involvement in the Iraqi debacle, it is highly unlikely that this approach would work.

The US could simply decide to go it alone and launch a “shock and awe” attack on Iran to restore democracy and rid the world of one of the pivot points of the oft touted “axis of evil”. This no doubt would quickly degrade into mass chaos in the Middle East and global terrorism would quickly ratchet itself to new heights. While such a move would surely delight the Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz neo-conservative crowd, in all practicality an all out offensive would not be a good move.

This leaves us with the only other possibility and that is careful negotiation. But, the Iranians and for that matter all the European importing nations are in the drivers seat and really have no motivation to even come to the negotiating table. Who says Oil has to be priced in US Dollars? Who says the world needs a single reserve currency? Maybe the world needs two reserve currencies. Maybe the days of US Dollar supremacy are over. Maybe it is time for the US to change its ways. Trim the debt, scale back operations in Iraq.

The US could well be boxed in to a corner. A simple Oil Bourse in a Muslim country half-way around the world could be the straw that breaks the proverbial camel’s back. The day of financial reckoning could be at hand. We may be about to witness the next chapter in the story of the Rise and Fall of the American Empire. The Euro could be about to assume its spot as the #2 global reserve currency. As the US Dollar begins to falter under the weight of Oil being sold in Euros on the Iranian Bourse we will surely see a rise in the value of Oil Futures on Nymex. In fact we could see a rise in the value of all commodity futures that trade on the Chicago Board of Trade and the Chicago Mercantile and the New York Board of Trade. Not because these commodities are in scarce supply, but simply because it will take more units of a weakened US Dollar to buy a contract of Live Cattle or a bushel of Oats or a barrel of Oil. This will leave newly minted Fed Governor Ben Bernanke with a few inflationary conundrums of his own. Let’s hope Mr. Bernanke knows what he is doing and is up to the challenge left for him by his mentor, Easy Al.

In a recent edition of the Meridian Report I presented the case for a 4 year cycle pattern in the financial markets and noted that 2006 should produce a cyclical low and cause potentially serious harm to all those unsuspecting long term buy and hold type of investors out there. I suggested that there were a number of catalysts that could spark a market sell-off to lead us into this cycle low. I think it is fair to say we can now add the introduction of the Iranian Oil Bourse to this list of catalysts.

But here is the good news. Despite what the critics are saying, there is a lot of high octane excitement left in these energy markets. As we get closer to March 2006 and the opening of the Iranian Oil Bourse, the volatility in Oil prices and in energy stocks is sure to amplify and as we all know, volatile markets are the best for short term trading strategies. So, take your pick - energy service companies, oil and gas income trusts that trade on the Canadian markets, smaller cap up and coming producers, CBM players or the big name energy producers. These stocks will continue to provide lucrative trading opportunities in 2006. And I will do my level best to keep you all informed. Stay tuned…..
shayan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #55
Ajit
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai / San Francisco
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 0

Before I respond to the above article , I would like to know certain things. If Iran is on its way to open the OIL bourse by Mar-2006 , at what stage has the development reached.

An oil bourse would need the following :

1) A regulatory body like the SEC - Securities & Exchnange Commission
2) A world class banking system to support it
3) A 'Dematerialization' entity which can enable paperless trading
4) Computer systems
5) Most IMP : Consent from participating oil producing companies ( countries ) , refineries , shipping & pipeline companies , insurance companies etc to enlist their securities on this oil bourse

etc etc.....

I will follow up on this issue.
Ajit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #56
Nainawaaz
Believer
 
Nainawaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 120
Likes (Received): 5

Iran's SAIPA to export cars to Egypt
Posted: 25-12-2005 , 15:08 GMT
An agreement was signed between the SAIPA Group and an Egyptian automotive company according to which Iran’s second largest automaker will soon start export its Pride passenger cars. The deal is worth over $100 million.


According to MNA, the contract also features the sale of CKD (completely knocked-down) parts of the originally Korean car. The first CBU cargo, consisted of 500 units, is now loaded and will soon be directed to the Port of Alexandria.



Within this three-year contract, the Iranian carmaker will export 8,600 Pride cars and CKD parts to Egypt, a SAIPA Group official noted.



The annual car exports of SAIPA is projected to hit 16,000 by the end of the current Iranian year (March 20, 2006), which will set a 75% increase compared to the last year’s figures. SAIPA currently exports about 700 cars per week.
Nainawaaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 04:12 PM   #57
Ozcan
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,070
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
Dude iran is not a 3rd world nation it is developing
"Developing country" is a polite term for "third world country". So let's call Iran and Turkey developing countries in order to feel good about ourselves.

Just kidding... was Iran also planning to export their new cars to Turkey (I don't remember the brand name) ?

Last edited by Ozcan; December 27th, 2005 at 04:18 PM.
Ozcan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #58
Nainawaaz
Believer
 
Nainawaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 120
Likes (Received): 5

Iranian non-oil exports set to surpass US$8.5 billion
Posted: 27-12-2005 , 14:34 GMT
Iranian non-oil exports are set to surpass 8.5 billion dollars in value by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (March 20, 2006). Iran's Deputy Commerce Minister Mehdi Ghazanfari told IRNA on Tuesday the volume of goods exported in the current year indicates a 24 percent hike compared to the figure reported in the previous year.



He added some 6 billion dollars of non-oil commodities have been exported to different countries since the start of this year.
Nainawaaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #59
shugs
Registered User
 
shugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GU1
Posts: 3,354
Likes (Received): 23

irans got a shit load more gas than oil, most of the oil goes into the EU. oh and iran was first world before the last revoloution then droped down due to sanctions, now its a tiger nation since it got back on its feet from the iraq war.

has n e one done a thread or mention the petrol consumtion cards the govt is bringing in a few weeks time btw?? basicly every cars got one, some ppl say that every week ppl get 30llrs for 80toman then itl go up to 200toman/ltr but i think thats hear say, the reason the govt is saying is that a lot off ppl r crossing the turkish border into iran and filling massive tanks full of cheap petrol then smugling it back over the boarder into turkey and selling it. also theres a lot of govt corruption ahamadinejads trying to get rid of.
__________________
shugs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #60
shayan
Prince of Persia
 
shayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Shiraz, Randstad
Posts: 1,974
Likes (Received): 15

Yeah i´ve heard about the card i think its a good idea! Because if will get the poor people in the busses and it will get the rich people to pay more!
shayan no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
iran

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu