SkyscraperCity Forum banner

DISCUSS: Most Famous Landmark

451K views 536 replies 278 participants last post by  hichamaziz 
#1 ·
Discuss this week's topic here. :)

#2 · (Edited)
Here are some suggestions you might want to think about...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Eiffel Tower, Paris

2. Statue of Liberty, New York

3. Big Ben, London

4. Pyramids, Giza

5. The White House, Washington

6. Empire State Building, New York

7. Sydney Opera House, Sydney

8. Great Wall of China

9. Leaning Tower of Pisa

10. Colloseum, Rome

#5 ·
It's really hard to pick JUST 3
I mean, when I think of the word "landmark" these things pop up instantly in my head.

The Great Pyramids/Sphinx
Colloseum
Big Ben/Tower Bridge
Eiffel Tower
The Kremlin
The Acropolis
Ayasophya
Taj Mahal
Angkor Wat
The Forbidden City
The Great Wall
CN Tower
Sears Tower
The Golden Gate Bridge
Empire State Buidling
The Statue of Liberty
Cristo Redentor
Sydney House

It's just really hard.

#407 ·
It's really hard to pick JUST 3
I mean, when I think of the word "landmark" these things pop up instantly in my head.

The Great Pyramids/Sphinx
Colloseum
Big Ben/Tower Bridge
Eiffel Tower
The Kremlin
The Acropolis
Ayasophya
Taj Mahal
The Forbidden City
The Great Wall
CN Tower
Sears Tower
The Golden Gate Bridge
Empire State Buidling
The Statue of Liberty
Sydney House
Cristo Redentor

It's just really hard.
These are all really known, if I had to pick the most known I would say definitely the Eiffel Tower. Also @ Abinash, they definitely are biased, mentioning the hollywood sign, but not the Taj Mahal is crazy!:nuts:

#7 ·
I think that this is actually an easy one.

Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty and the Pyramids are a class above the others in terms of both the name and photos of the Landmark being recognisable. The others listed above just don't seem to have the same universal recognition, as opposed to be well and widely known.

#8 ·
At a mass population level, maybe the most recognizable and ubiquitous landmark are the pyramids (as a symbol they are everywhere, including in the dollar bill), but only in a "generic" way, not by individual names. Even though, probably most think in the ones from Egypt when they see a pyramid.

#22 ·
The 3 pyramids of Giza, the Eiffel tower in Paris and La Sagrada Familia of Barcelona, images of the last one:
;)

:)

:wink2:

#23 ·
Skyscraperkid2K4 said:
This is too easy, Its the Statue of Liberty by far.

I think more people know that statue than eiffel tower, pyramids and easily big ben.
COME ON!!!! More people know the Statue of Liberty than Eiffel Tower and the Pyramids???????

The pyramids are the most famous landmark ever for the simple reason that they have been amazing people for 4000 years... Alexander the Great was amazed by them... Julius Cesar was amazed by them, Napoleon was amazed by them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.