daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Infrastructure and Transport > Infrastructure and Transport

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2012, 07:33 AM   #2761
I Know

Likes (Received): 6

بتكلفة تصل إلى 1.9 مليار درهم
Quote:
«طرق دبي» تنجز مشروع شارع الخيل نهاية العام الجاري
المصدر: دبي - البيانالتاريخ: 01 سبتمبر 2012

تنجز هيئة الطرق والمواصلات بدبي مشروع شارع الخيل بتكلفته نحو مليار و925 مليون درهم بنهاية ديسمبر المقبل، والذي يعد من أكبر المشاريع التي تقوم الهيئة بتنفيذه حالياً، ومن أضخم المشاريع الحيوية في قطاع الطرق بالإمارة ونظراً لضخامته فقد تم تقسيمه إلى أربع مراحل، وتبرز أهمية المشروع كونه يمثل امتداداً لمعبر الخليج التجاري، حيث تراوحت نسب الإنجاز بين 88 إلى 96 ٪ في بعض التقاطعات الرئيسية وتهدف الهيئة من خلاله إلى إيجاد محور طرق مساند لشارعي الشيخ زايد والإمارات، اللذان يستحوذان على حجم كبير من الحركة المرورية العالية التي تمر عبرهما.

تقاطعات رئيسية

وقال مطر الطاير رئيس مجلس الإدارة والمدير التنفيذي للهيئة انه سيتم افتتاح جميع الجسور الرئيسة في تقاطعات مشروع توسعة شارع الخيل في نهاية العام الجاري، على أن يتم الانتهاء من الجسور الفرعية المتبقية في النصف الأول من عام 2013، مؤكداً ان العمل في بعض التقاطعات وصل إلى مراحلة النهائية، حيث تراوحت نسب الإنجاز بين 88 إلى 96 ٪. وتشمل المرحلة الأولى من مشروع توسعة وتطوير شارع الخيل، التي تقدر تكلفتها بنحو 575 مليون درهم، وتهدف إلى تسهيل حركة المرور في الاتجاه من شارع الخيل إلى شارع الإمارات والعكس، إضافة إلى تأمين حركه المرور لمشاريع التطوير العقارية في المنطقة.

http://www.albayan.ae/across-the-uae...9-01-1.1718540
I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM   #2762
Burj Khalifa fan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 2579

RTA adds more NOL cards selling outlets

The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has recently added more selling and recharging outlets of the Unified Fare Collection cards (Nol cards) by adding City Group, Grand City Mall, and Lulu International Exchange LLC to the lineup of RTA-approved selling agents.

to read the full article visit
http://ahmaddubaiblog.blogspot.com/
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #2763
I Know

Likes (Received): 6

Jazak Allah Khair
I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2764
Burj Khalifa fan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 2579

RTA launches Arabic Tongue initiative

RTA launches Arabic Tongue initiative

The editorial board of Al Masar magazine, published by the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA), has recently launched the ‘Arabic Tongue’ initiative as an educative electronic tool aimed to prop up efforts of promoting the national identity and presenting the linguistic knowledge in a stylish & attractive manner through a host of modern technological means topped by RTA intranet, and the social networking sites (Twitter and Facebook) in a bid to reach to the largest number of peoples within the RTA and beyond.

to read the full article
http://ahmaddubaiblog.blogspot.com/
Old September 19th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #2765
VCollaborator

Likes (Received): 64

Here is an update on the Al Khail Road project based on my observation from the above image taken on 9 September 2012.

1. All interchanges that lead into Al Quoz (Including its industrial areas) are now operational with only minor work remaining.

2. It appears as if the Emirates - All Khail Road Interchange will finally connect with a road that goes to Jumeirah Golf Estates and Dubai Sport City as asphalt is being placed on the bridges that serves that area.

3. Good progress is still being made on the Umm Suqeim- Al Khail Road Interchange.

On another note, it also appears as if progress is being made with the Sport - Motor City Interchange and at the World Trade Centre Bridges Project.
VCollaborator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #2766
Berliner01

Likes (Received): 1800

From my daily passign I would say the following:

The interchanges of Al Khail Road with Al Quoz are indeed nearly done. I guess they will be fully operational by November or December.

The interchange with Umm Suqeim Road will take at least another 5 month but the speed is good too (the main bridge is finished and the ring is 2/3 done).

The interchange of Hessa Road with Emirates Road also has some progress although I believe it will take at least another 6 month to finish it (the ring is still not open).

The bridge project at Dubai World Trade Center makes progress but at moderate speed. I would say another year before they are done.
Berliner01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:39 PM   #2767
ostendadler
Beat the Heat

Likes (Received): 254

Any news on a potential beautification of the Defense interchange ...?
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2768
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Mohammed bin Rashid endorses Extension of Business Bay Canal Project, costing Dh1.5b

Directives issued to complete the project in 2 years

Roads and Transport Authority – Mohammed Al Munji:
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has endorsed the Extension of the Business Bay Canal Project, including modifications of roads & bridges required for extending the water canal from Sheikh Zayed Road up to the Arabian Gulf. HH also directed to have the project completed in two years.

H.E. Mattar Al Tayer, Chairman of the Board and Executive Director of the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA), said: “The Extension of the Business Bay Canal is one of the key strategic projects undertaken by the RTA and encompasses the extension of the water canal from the Business Bay up to the Arabian Gulf in a waterway stretching 2.8 km in length and width ranging from 80 to 100 meters. The Canal crosses Sheikh Zayed Road (before Al Safa Interchange) and passes across the Safa Park, Al Wasl Road, and Jumeirah 2 to terminate at the Arabian Gulf.

“RTA will use the Soil-Cement method to construct the banks of the Canal; an innovative engineering solution that adds aesthetic appearance to the Canal and the surroundings. This Canal will ensure the replenishment of water supplies in the entire Business Bay Canal automatically without any need for pumps.

“The estimated cost of the Project is 1.5 billion dirham and due to the enormity of the project scale, and the need to expedite construction works, the project has been divided into three contracts. The first covers drilling & landscaping works as well as the construction of marine transit stations. The other two contracts relate to road & bridge projects, and the project is set for completion early 2015,” stated Al Tayer.

“The Project warrants the construction of bridges across the water canal rising 8.5 meters at the key intersecting roads i.e. Sheikh Zayed Road (6 lanes in each direction), in addition to Al Wasl Road Road and Jumeirah Road (3 lanes in each direction in both roads). These bridges will allow free marine navigation in the Canal 24 hours a day, and marine transit stations will be constructed along the water canal to ease the mobility of the public and encourage the use of mass & tourist marine transit system.

More info:

http://imresolt.blogspot.com/2012/10...extension.html
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #2769
Josau
It's show time, folks!

Likes (Received): 121

I read this in AB today, but didn't see these maps. Thank you Imre. What a mess this is going to be. And we all know, it won't be done in 3 years. 2015 seems way too early for this project to be finished. For it to look like in their imagination, it'll take 20 years at least.
Josau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #2770
AppleMac

Likes (Received): 110

The latest dumb idea in a long list of them. Half of the City is a wasteland of unfinished buildings and projects - so having come up witha spare Dh1.5 Bn what do they do? - they dig up one of the few finished areas.

If we have another downturn halfway through this project like we did with the Tram then it will be decades before they can finish this one.
AppleMac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #2771
eghaedi

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMac View Post
The latest dumb idea in a long list of them. Half of the City is a wasteland of unfinished buildings and projects - so having come up witha spare Dh1.5 Bn what do they do? - they dig up one of the few finished areas.

If we have another downturn halfway through this project like we did with the Tram then it will be decades before they can finish this one.
I see your point, but they have to finish what they started no matter how painful it is going to be. On the positive side this extension will create 2km of waterfront plots, and more importantly completes BB. Just imagine how many yachts will be crusing around the area when this is completed.
eghaedi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #2772
Slimbo

Likes (Received): 451

Quote:
Originally Posted by eghaedi View Post
Just imagine how many dickheads on jetskis will be annoying nearby residents around the area when this is completed.
Fixed
Slimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #2773
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

+1
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #2774
eghaedi

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbo View Post
Fixed
How often do you see jetskis in Dubai marina? this is no different.
eghaedi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #2775
Slimbo

Quote:
How often do you see jetskis in Dubai marina? this is no different.
100 times more often than I'd like.
Old October 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #2776
AppleMac

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
On the positive side this extension will create 2km of waterfront plots, and more importantly completes BB.
There is no shortage of waterfront plots in town, what is in short supply are areas that are finished. As for finishing BB, most of that is a wasteland with abandoned and unfinished projects that this money would have been better spent on.
AppleMac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #2777
Omaro
Tranced32

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbo View Post
100 times more often than I'd like.
I don't think it's as bad as Abu Dhabi, the Corniche is packed with jet skis whenever I go to the capital
Old October 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #2778
OmarPERU

Likes (Received): 3

Saw it this morning

Does anyone know if it's related to the Business Bay canal? or is it some other work?
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #2779
Slimbo

I think it would be too early to be the canal, presumably the work would need to be put out to tender first.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #2780
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

I say they close SZR down for 2 years and divert all traffic to al wasl road.
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopistas, dubai, highways, united arab emirates