daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2005, 11:23 PM   #1
dancethingy

Likes (Received): 6

Center on Halsted (U/C)

This is the website for the under construction Center on Halsted to help serve the LGBTQ community. They have some wicked renderings too.

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; March 19th, 2007 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Added rendering to first post/updated project status.
dancethingy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2005, 11:27 PM   #2
dancethingy

Likes (Received): 6

It's also an environmentally friendly building, I dunno if its LEED certified though.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 2, 2004

Center on Halsted Receives Design Grant for Green Building

CHICAGO-Center on Halsted, a first-of-its-kind community center in the nation offering social service, cultural and recreational programming for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons, announced today it received a $75,000 capital campaign grant from Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation for its new facility to be constructed at 3640 N. Halsted.

Working with its architect, Gensler and Power Construction Company, Center on Halsted (COH or "the Center") has designed an energy efficient building that will benefit the entire community. Features such as natural ventilation and light, CO2 monitoring, rainwater harvesting, solar hot water heating and the use of a renewable energy source, will create a healthier environment for the building's users while using energy in more responsible ways - a choice that will have positive ramifications beyond its own doors.

COH executive director Robbin Burr said, "Being responsible stewards of all our resources flows quite naturally out of our mission. This building will say something about us as a community for years to come - long after we are gone. That is why it has been so important to get this building design just right prior to breaking ground."

The Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation invests in clean energy development and land preservation efforts, working with communities and residents to improve environmental quality in Illinois. "We are extremely pleased to support the Center on Halsted's efforts to invest in an energy efficient building through a green design grant,' said Foundation executive director James Mann. "Not only will the Center benefit the community through its reduction of energy use, but it will also be a resource and model for others who wish to know more about energy efficiency."

This grant is a welcome addition to Center on Halsted's capital campaign. The organization is working towards groundbreaking as soon as possible with final design, development, pricing and permitting currently underway.

[email protected]
773.472.6469 ext. 248
dancethingy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 01:59 AM   #3
LA1

Likes (Received): 9

Lakeview Development News

3660 N. Lake Shore Drive. 28 Stories.

Parkview East. 17 Stories- U.C. Grace and Clarendon. 2 Blocks for the Red Line Sheridan station.

The Parkview. 2835 N. Lakewood. Near Diversey and Lincoln Intersection.

Vic Condos. Belmont and Sheffield. Ground Floor Retail. 1 Block from Belmont el station.

3110 N. Greenview (Roscoe Village). 6 floors. This is a nice addition to the vibrant Lincoln/Ashland/Belmont intersection.

1905 W. Diversey (Damen Ave).

545 Aldine.

3245 N. Ashland (Belmont) LV Lofts

Last edited by LA1; February 17th, 2006 at 05:20 AM.
LA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 05:50 AM   #4
itsnotrequired

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA1
I love this building. Great use of the property.
itsnotrequired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 06:28 AM   #5
LA1

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 2, 2004

Center on Halsted Receives Design Grant for Green Building

CHICAGO-Center on Halsted, a first-of-its-kind community center in the nation offering social service, cultural and recreational programming for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) persons, announced today it received a $75,000 capital campaign grant from Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation for its new facility to be constructed at 3640 N. Halsted.

Working with its architect, Gensler and Power Construction Company, Center on Halsted (COH or "the Center") has designed an energy efficient building that will benefit the entire community. Features such as natural ventilation and light, CO2 monitoring, rainwater harvesting, solar hot water heating and the use of a renewable energy source, will create a healthier environment for the building's users while using energy in more responsible ways - a choice that will have positive ramifications beyond its own doors.

COH executive director Robbin Burr said, "Being responsible stewards of all our resources flows quite naturally out of our mission. This building will say something about us as a community for years to come - long after we are gone. That is why it has been so important to get this building design just right prior to breaking ground."

The Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation invests in clean energy development and land preservation efforts, working with communities and residents to improve environmental quality in Illinois. "We are extremely pleased to support the Center on Halsted's efforts to invest in an energy efficient building through a green design grant,' said Foundation executive director James Mann. "Not only will the Center benefit the community through its reduction of energy use, but it will also be a resource and model for others who wish to know more about energy efficiency."

This grant is a welcome addition to Center on Halsted's capital campaign. The organization is working towards groundbreaking as soon as possible with final design, development, pricing and permitting currently underway.
Old November 14th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #6
mohammed wong

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrequired
I love this building. Great use of the property.

well one nice building out of five isnt too bad, especially in lakeview,
poor lakeview they definitely got the short end of the developers stick!
Im waiting to see what they put at the triangluar piece at the intersection of lincoln, ashland and belmont! Hopefully a kick ass new flatiron!
mohammed wong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #7
ChicagoLover

only 1 out of 5? Comon wong, not everything has to be innovative! I mean, sure, I wish it were, but those other buildings aren't bad at all. The Vic condos, as rendered, look great. What's wrong with them?
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #8
LA1

1905 W. Diversey kicks ass imo. I would love for Chicago to build more of those long, midrise buildings.
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:00 PM   #9
mohammed wong

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoLover
only 1 out of 5? Comon wong, not everything has to be innovative! I mean, sure, I wish it were, but those other buildings aren't bad at all. The Vic condos, as rendered, look great. What's wrong with them?

okay i guess the damen/diversey looks okay on further inspection, it is a rather small picture, what is nice is that atleast its rowhouses and there are different from each other and not too homogenious,

The vic structure is kindof lame, im sure it would be nice to live in and yes im glad that parking lot is no more, but it doesnt inspire me a whole lot.
Yeah I know they all cant be innovative, but more of them could be, a higher percentage of nicer buildings wouldnt hurt.

okay i will say 2/5 is decent, the others are serviceable builidings, but arent going to win any design awards, or inspire anyone to be an architect

and the one nice thing about the parkview east is they have awnings for the retail and the first floor is taller than the others, as it should be to encourage decent commercial tenants.

maybe the others will grow on me,
mohammed wong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2005, 11:16 PM   #10
UrbanSophist

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA1

3110 N. Greenview (Roscoe Village). 6 floors. This is a nice addition to the vibrant Lincoln/Ashland/Belmont intersection.

I was driving north on Lincoln and I saw this building, and I loved it. Very intelligent usage of this land.
UrbanSophist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #11
LA1

There is going to be alot more than these 5 buildings for Lakeview. I just need the time to get it posted. These threads will be alot better when I have more time to get info and renderings. All of them are just works in progress.
Old November 15th, 2005, 01:50 AM   #12
LA1

Welbourn Row Condos. 2933 N. Clyborn. This is a Dubin Residential development.

Graceland Townhomes. 4051 Southport (Near Irving Park/Clark)

The Vita.

Lakeview Station. 3920 N. Sheridan (Irving Park)

2964 N. Elston.

508 W. Melrose

Rivers Edge. (Diversey and The Chicago River)
Midrises and townhomes.

Last edited by LA1; February 18th, 2006 at 05:57 AM.
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:42 PM   #13
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Wolcott Terrace 3725 N. Wolcott
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #14
spyguy
Expert

HarborView Chicago
10 floors

Last edited by spyguy; January 8th, 2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old January 16th, 2006, 03:51 AM   #15
spyguy
Expert

On another note, this was brought up on SSP.

541 West Cornelia
JDL Development
21 units (only one for each for floor)

But on JDL's site, in the floor plans PDF they showed a penthouse on the 25th floor. So this should be something good once they announce it. There's also a roof garden/ dog park.

Last edited by spyguy; January 16th, 2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #16
LA1

Lakeview is really starting to boom with midrises and highrises again.
Old February 11th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #17
spyguy
Expert

I don't think Halsted Row was ever posted

Old February 11th, 2006, 03:04 AM   #18
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

I'm loving that Halsted Row. I want more and more of that.
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #19
ChicagoLover

Wow... I second that... Halsted Row looks great. But what is it replacing?
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #20
Chicago Shawn

I love that Halsted Row. Where is that going? You got to admit, the quality being put into infill projects has gotten better every year, both in modern and post-modern designs.
Chicago Shawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote