daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 6th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #121
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

OMPW:

, Nice. is there a forum about this tower and it's construction status ?
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:50 AM   #122
eng_kheffa
HASSAN H. FATHY

Likes (Received): 0

green and gray ?????

not bad
Old December 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #123
ChicagoBears2007
BANNED

Central Station aerial update:
ChicagoBears2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #124
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

About a week old, from Dat Phan

You can also see some of the other South Loop projects to the left.

The building in the red rectangle will be replaced by the two towers in the rendering
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #125
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatower View Post
OMPW:

, Nice. is there a forum about this tower and it's construction status ?

No...

It's not under construction yet. I believe the area is being used for staging for OMP at this time. I need to go to the sales center and see when construction on this one will start.

Also as of Wednesday, 1600 Museum Park is now officially under construction.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:10 AM   #126
spyguy
Expert

Thanks for the heads up. If you do go, see if they say anything new about the future towers on Roosevelt.
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #127
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

thanks for the info BVictor1
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #128
Chicago Shawn

One Musuem Park, 01-02-2007...

For those of you concerened the north face on Grant Park will be too bulky, just look^. Seems pretty slender to me.

Check out the massive transfer beams, I now know why this building took so long to rise out of the base.

Notice behind the windscreen, cladding material has arrived.

Assembeling rebar cages for the concrete sheer walls
Chicago Shawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #129
kalmia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Shawn View Post

kalmia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #130
Chicagotom

OMPW Site Prep

I noticed this morning that they were placing cement barriers at the corner of Roosevelt and Indiana and a back hoe was excavating the remain slope of soil at the corner. They had just started so I looking forward to getting home tonight and seeing whats what.

OMPW has much less garage structure to build so I think that we will see this one go up much faster than OMP1. It never ceases to amazing me how long buildings take to get out of the ground and past the garage phase. 2007 is going to be a great year for the skyline!!!
Chicagotom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 06:22 PM   #131
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Fantastic news!! I love OMPW. It's the crown jewel of all Central Station development. I'm going to open a thread for it in the Chicago development forum.

Here's the URL:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...5#post11358665

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; January 18th, 2007 at 07:28 PM.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #132
spyguy
Expert

If they can start marketing the last two Roosevelt towers soon, we could potentially see the entire south wall of Grant Park under construction at the same time.
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:05 AM   #133
Chicagotom

I think it's possible that construction on one of the remaining 2 towers could begin before OMP1 completely wrapped up. OMP1 is due to top out in 2008 and OMPW 2010. I haven't heard any news on the direction that Central Station is going with the final projects. It's not a guarantee that Enterprise will land the them.

I am still hoping for a 900+ at the corner of Michigan and Roosevelt. I would like to see what Jean Gang would design for that site. We need someone other than Pappa/George designing them.
Old January 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #134
zerokarma

Likes (Received): 12

Good update
zerokarma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:36 AM   #135
Chicagotom

More Central Station Updates

Went into the MP sales center today and talked to my sales guy and heres what he told me.

1. The 34 story building that was to sit south of OMPW is being scraped. The city would only approve a 10 story building so enterprise is looking to build all townhomes where the existing sales center is. Look for large 3000 sqft units starting at 1.3 million range. Very High End. The townhomes are likely to be the next thing on the market in 08.

2. They are going to propose an 80 story building at the corner of Indiana and Roosevelt that Enterprise is going to develop. No time on this one being release anytime soon.

3. He didn't have anything on the 2nd tower at Michigan and Roosevelt except that it was going to be much taller than is now proposed.

4. Central Station did the engineering study looking at building towers over the tracks south of 15th street and the cost is prohibative and they are not moving forward with Phase 3.
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:35 AM   #136
spyguy
Expert

^So good and "bad" news I suppose. But thanks for finding all that out. I look forward to the 80 story building. I hope the architects aren't P/H (even though I'm sure it will be) or SCB or Lucien Lagrange.
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:12 AM   #137
ChgoLvr83

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
I hope the architects aren't P/H (even though I'm sure it will be) or SCB or Lucien Lagrange.
You and me both. Im especially tired of SCB though. Even though they bring solid designs, I find them to be incredibly repetitive.

Who would you like to see design that building? Thats a very visible lot.

I'd be curious to see what Studio Gang can muster up just to see if they can bring something completely different to the table. I find them to be the most passionate and potentially the most creative firm Chicago has seen in a long, long time.

If not them, then someone outside of the city. Architectonica, perhaps? Im afraid whatever they may do for LakeshoreEast, Low-end-burg will greatly dumb it down. Ugh. This will give them a better opportunity as I feel the architecture in Central Station kills everything (save Aqua) in LakeshoreEast.
Old January 21st, 2007, 05:54 AM   #138
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

A shot I took from the Sears Tower a couple weeks ago.

i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 05:01 AM   #139
spyguy
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChgoLvr83 View Post
Who would you like to see design that building? Thats a very visible lot.
It's a good question. There are only two spots available on Roosevelt now, and both of those towers are likely to be very tall and prominent and also likely to be around for a very long time.

With that in mind, I'm a little scared to give these projects to inexperienced, but talented, firms. I'm talking about Garofalo architects, David Woodhouse, John Ronan, Dirk Denison, etc. and even Studio Gang. Only the last one has some highrise experience, the rest have just come up with visionary projects. And with whatever concepts they do come up with, they are usually very "funky" and out there, and I'm not sure if that's necessarily what we want facing Grant Park for 50-100 years. However, I think other developers should give these firms a chance, and there are a number of 20-40 story buildings they could easily handle.

For Chicago firms, I could see SOM or Adrian Smith if there's a supertall involved. Maybe Destefano and Partners or Krueck and Sexton, although I'm not sure if they've done a highrise yet. Booth Hansen could probably come up with something good, same with Goettsch.

For outside firms, I've always wanted Foster to design something here. Pelli might do something conservative, but it would surely be elegant. And there are certainly some other British firms that could do great designs for this site.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM   #140
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
If they can start marketing the last two Roosevelt towers soon, we could potentially see the entire south wall of Grant Park under construction at the same time.
I don't see this happening at all.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
central station, chicago