daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #21
Reptilikus

Likes (Received): 4

Then let's talk skyscrapers!

All right then.
Let's talk skyscrapers.
I well known that skyscrapers are very uneconomically. It much cheaper to build low-rise, and you get much more space out of it. A great part of the space in skyscrapers are offen used for lift shafts and staircases. Then why are skyscrapers build? Think of The Chrysler building and The Empire State building. The reason they are so tall is because the they compete of wich one would be the tallest!
Look at Taipai 101. Is it build because of lack of areal? No
And what about Burj Dubai? Have the run out of construction sites? No
They just wanna be the tallest!
And that fine with me. As long as it isn't the taxpayers money that is used for the purpose.
Reptilikus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #22
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

only some projects are so ^
But moscow need office area

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #23
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

how about other thousands of skyscrapers around the world. they don't claim to be tallest. those just skyscrapers.

As for City Hall and City Duma. I repeat once again for you. It is much more better for organisation 4 skyscrapers than hundreds of lowrise buildings spreaded around big city.
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #24
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilikus
All right then.
Let's talk skyscrapers.
I well known that skyscrapers are very uneconomically. It much cheaper to build low-rise, and you get much more space out of it. A great part of the space in skyscrapers are offen used for lift shafts and staircases. Then why are skyscrapers build? Think of The Chrysler building and The Empire State building. The reason they are so tall is because the they compete of wich one would be the tallest!
Look at Taipai 101. Is it build because of lack of areal? No
And what about Burj Dubai? Have the run out of construction sites? No
They just wanna be the tallest!
And that fine with me. As long as it isn't the taxpayers money that is used for the purpose.
Arn't skyscrapers usually commericial projects anyway?
And even if a government pays for them it would be for the economic benefits that they will bring which will (if managed correctly) help everyone in the country alot more in the long term. It is incredibly short sighted to only think about spending money where it is most needed at that present time. A reactionary economy will not work. It is better to plan long term projects that will help the growth and stability of a country. This should result in a higher standard of life for everyone.
The problem with capitlism is that that so often isn't done. Those who can take the economic benefits for themselves and leave everyone else how they are. But the solution to that is to allow the economic benefits of major developments to be spread out. Not to stop all economic developments so you can give the money to the poorest. That will simply not work.

And also skyscrapers have huge commerical value, the tallest might be built for the title, just as the most extravagent looking are designed to get attention aswell. But there is nothing wrong with that. A worlds tallest building will bring in tourists who will spend money in the local economy, no building is built just for the sheer fun of it, that is not how the world works.

Also bare in mind that highrise developments are far more friendly to the enviroment. They help reduce urban sprawl which is tremedously damaging to animals habitats. They reduce the amount of transport people need as they live in a more tight area, meaning less commuting - and hence less pollution. The buildings themselves are also more enviromentally friendly. With recent technologies designed to minimise heat loss and heat gain(depending on climate) using rain water, generating their own power, Using excess heat from one area of a building to heat others is also comeing into reality now.

I'm not a big fan of the way the capitalist model is implemented. But economic growth is important for everyone, and done managed correctly can bring enourmous benefits to everyone in a society.

Besides why did you join a Skyscraper forum when you hate skyscrapers
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #25
engiNerd

Likes (Received): 0

Everything crazyevildude said above is true. Sprawl is a bad option. And many cities build large buildings to consolidate all of their departments into one building. It ends up being cheaper in the end usually for the city. So this is probably cheaper to build one building and sell off all the others than to maintain what is existing.

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; July 9th, 2007 at 05:58 PM.
engiNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:49 PM   #26
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dave
Will be one of the most exiting clusters in Europe!
So true!! It will join London's Canary Wharf, Paris' La Defence area, and Warsaw's new booming central business district as an exciting scraper cluster in Europe. Constructing a cluster of talls in a specific area of older cities saves a lot of the beautiful older structures because if the scrapers were dispersed throughout the city, a lot of nicer historic buildings may disappear.

City Hall & City Duma will join the other high-tech buildings in the area, some already under construction such as The Complex Federation Tower, Plot 12 - International Business Centre, the very funky City of Capitals; Moscow & St Petersburg Towers and Naberezhnaya Tower C & the already built Naberezhnaya Towers A & B.

The proposed 648m/2,126ft Russia Tower Pt 1__&__Russia Tower Pt 2 if/when built in the same area will be the crowning glory.

Loving the design of City Hall & City Duma and the huge atrium-esque wintergarden floors that join the 4 towers together as skybridges; it will be just amazing - truly a beautiful, sensible and logical design.

These towers will be a real showcase and it's best if a city has it offices of the contolling government centralised in a new high-tech building; it makes pure sense economically as it saves money for the city in the longer-term as the city government would currently have its offices spread out in different locations.

***BTW Who is the architect of City Hall & City Duma? Anyone know? coth?
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:21 AM   #27
coth
pride leader

The original design has been made by Mikhail Kazakov, Anton Nagavitsin and Nodar Kancheli.
It won 1th place in contest out of 142 in 2002. Orginally planned 200 meters tall on plots 2-3.
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:09 AM   #28
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Thanks coth
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #29
coth
pride leader

Video.

high quality (14mb)
http://dva3.ru/pictures/vis/ani/mmdc/mmdc_divx600.avi

low quality (5mb)
http://dva3.ru/pictures/vis/ani/mmdc/mmdc_divx200.avi

few screenshots

24 february 2006 by Ysh.
most of work going to left of this picture. they digging pit.

Old February 28th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #30
Peter The Great

Likes (Received): 9

Is it going to be red?
Peter The Great no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:53 PM   #31
coth
pride leader

of course. that's all charm there is in red. it's simply beautiful.

Last edited by coth; February 28th, 2006 at 11:19 PM.
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #32
NEWWORLD

Likes (Received): 87

Amazing project this is going to look great when they complete it.

Отац Тадеј
NEWWORLD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #33
davidwei01
Snowboarding -> Surfing

Likes (Received): 10

Amazing! not expecting Moscow is so beautiful. Will definitely like to visit Moscow some time!
davidwei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:35 AM   #34
weird
vagamundo

Roof top, overview, looks like a flower . It's very original the red color.

@coth: This is just one tower. Towers are totally linked at the top!! And at the bottom, they have lots of brigdes. Definitely, one.
weird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:55 AM   #35
coth
pride leader

at top there is 8 story huge skybridge that covers all space space between towers.
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:58 AM   #36
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3669

I'm really wondering what it's gonna turn out like. Whats that red? glass?

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 04:38 AM   #37
guidodesign
Skyscrapero

Likes (Received): 0

like it!!
guidodesign no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:34 AM   #38
ReddAlert
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

I really like it, the red of course puts it over the top. A fitting color for the captiol of Russia!

btw...the building reminds me of Milwaukees tallest skyscraper in a way...well not the color..

ReddAlert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:10 AM   #39
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 1533

OMG! - it wont actually be THAT red will it? That said I hope it is cause it's just so insane - I mean a bright red skyscraper, who does that? As long as it doesn't end up looking tacky, I think it'll be quite an icon for Moscow.

The last construction update - I take it that's Federation Tower in the background? Can't wait for it this thing to rise, or even more so for the first glass to go up.

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:54 PM   #40
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

^ Isn't there a bright red skyscraper in Chicago? I seem to remember it looks alright.
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibc, moscow