daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #41
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 762

Such a great project, Why has it been withdrawn?^.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #42
DD2020
Kikapu!

Likes (Received): 260

Central Pattana already got the contract for this landplot..(Suanlum night bazaar) If I'm not mistake.
but noone has seen their proposal yet..
I just wish for something as tall as this ''Rising Bangkok"...
Old November 27th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #43
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD2020
Central Pattana already got the contract for this landplot..(Suanlum night bazaar) If I'm not mistake.
but noone has seen their proposal yet..
I just wish for something as tall as this ''Rising Bangkok"...
Are you sure about this?. I mean I wanna make sure. Central Pattana got it?. Oh! I am afraid that we might not have such a supertall as this company doesn't have much resource.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #44
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3719

Quote:
But I consider that there are 3 of them now so I think it's worth to make this thread.
I think I talk for all forumers when I say that there are enough interest to post it in the international forum even if it is just one supertall!

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 02:01 AM   #45
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

AWESOME!!!!
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #46
Pedrillo

Likes (Received): 3

Old December 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM   #47
rayman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Bangkok today already has sooooooooo many 100-250 meter skyscrapers and more and more is popping up all the time but what Bangkok really needs is 300-400+ skyscrapers to make the massive skyline even more massive.
rayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM   #48
YSDESIGN

Likes (Received): 0

AWESOME DESIGNS!!

64 GOLDS AND STILL COUNTING
YSDESIGN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005, 06:10 AM   #49
BKKinTO
More than you know

Likes (Received): 1

Yeah!! Amazing huh
BKKinTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:25 PM   #50
DD2020
Kikapu!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...05#post8699505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
CPN aiming sky-high

POST REPORTERS

Kuala Lumpur has the Petronas Towers, New York City the Empire State Building, and Paris the Eiffel Tower.

Kobchai Chirathivat thinks Bangkok's landscape deserves its own icon.

''We want to build the tallest building in the country, a landmark for the city,'' said Mr Kobchai, the president and chief executive officer of Central Pattana Plc, the property-development arm of the Central Group.

''It will be a building that is uniquely Thai, but also high-tech and modern.''

The new skyscraper underpins CPN's proposals for the development bid of the Suan Lum Night Bazaar. The Crown Property Bureau is currently reviewing bid proposals for the site, a 127-rai plot bordered by Wireless and Rama IV roads in the middle of the central business district.

Mr Kobchai said CPN's proposal would emphasise harmony with the natural environment in keeping with the site's location opposite Lumpini Park.

''We will build an environment of trees rather than massive concrete, using an open-air concept that will offer city resi dhdents, businessmen and tourists a new destination to visit,'' he said.

The office tower would be designed as the country's tallest, with up to 90 storeys. Currently, Baiyoke Tower II is the country's tallest building, at 304 metres and 85 floors.

''We want to build an art object that will help develop the Bangkok skyline,'' Mr Kobchai said.

''Buildings are an art form. If you look at Malaysia, it has the Petronas building. And everyone visiting New York City must visit the Empire State Building.''

Mr Kobchai said that if CPN won the development contract, the design of the project alone could take 12 to 18 months, with completion within four to five years.

''The site would need to have a distinct identity, one that is different from CentralWorld, Siam Paragon or Central Chidlom,'' he said, adding that retail space for the project would be around 150,000 square metres.

Meanwhile, CPN is preparing to open the CentralWorld shopping complex on June 30, touted as the largest in Thailand with 550,000 sq m of retail space.

The shopping complex, located at the Ratchaprasong intersection, will be the heart of the 26-billion-baht CentralWorld, which includes a 45-storey office building opened last year, a 17,000-sq m convention centre to open later this year and a five-star, 55-storey hotel due in 2008.

Mr Kobchai said the new mall would be ''funky and sexy'', with an emphasis on open space to bring a sense of airiness to the site, formerly known as the World Trade Centre.

The mall has been substantially changed from its former incarnation, with new ''wells'' created to allow clear lines of sight between one floor to the next and skylights installed to offer natural lighting inside the space.

The launch of CentralWorld is expected to boost total revenues by 15% for CPN, with the mall overtaking Central Lat Phrao mall as the single largest contributor to the business at around 50% of total revenues.

Mr Kobchai said CPN was also looking for opportunities around the new Suvarnabhumi Airport, which once open, would help spur strong growth in eastern Bangkok.

CPN, which last year announced plans to invest 8.5 billion baht in two new shopping complexes on Chaeng Watthana Road and in Pattaya, targets to have 20 local and international malls open by 2010.

''We want to leverage our expertise in the retail sector to have a presence in every major population centre of the country, whether it be through large-scale complexes or smaller Central Town malls,'' Mr Kobchai said.

CPN reported first-quarter profits of 456.9 million baht on revenues of 1.8 billion, up from profits of 364.9 million on revenues of 1.65 billion the year before. The company attributed gains to an increase in rental income from The Offices at CentralWorld and Central Town Rattanathibet, as well as management fee income from its property fund, CPNRF.

Shares of CPN closed yesterday on the Stock Exchange of Thailand at 21 baht, up one baht, on trade worth 141.56 million baht.

Source : Bangkokpost : June 2, 2006

Last edited by DD2020; June 2nd, 2006 at 04:10 PM.
DD2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM   #51
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

good news
KL's Petronas TT & Plaza rakyat project will not alone anymore.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:15 AM   #52
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

I love all of 'em
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 06:22 AM   #53
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 4987

some very cool designs i hope all of them get built....

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:37 AM   #54
DD2020
Kikapu!

4.) 90 storey office tower with Thai stlye at "Suanlum Night Bazarr".

Proposed by CPN (Central Pattana Group).

Quote:
CPN aiming sky-high

POST REPORTERS

Kuala Lumpur has the Petronas Towers, New York City the Empire State Building, and Paris the Eiffel Tower.

Kobchai Chirathivat thinks Bangkok's landscape deserves its own icon.

''We want to build the tallest building in the country, a landmark for the city,'' said Mr Kobchai, the president and chief executive officer of Central Pattana Plc, the property-development arm of the Central Group.

''It will be a building that is uniquely Thai, but also high-tech and modern.''

The new skyscraper underpins CPN's proposals for the development bid of the Suan Lum Night Bazaar. The Crown Property Bureau is currently reviewing bid proposals for the site, a 127-rai plot bordered by Wireless and Rama IV roads in the middle of the central business district.

Mr Kobchai said CPN's proposal would emphasise harmony with the natural environment in keeping with the site's location opposite Lumpini Park.

''We will build an environment of trees rather than massive concrete, using an open-air concept that will offer city resi dhdents, businessmen and tourists a new destination to visit,'' he said.

The office tower would be designed as the country's tallest, with up to 90 storeys. Currently, Baiyoke Tower II is the country's tallest building, at 304 metres and 85 floors.

''We want to build an art object that will help develop the Bangkok skyline,'' Mr Kobchai said.

''Buildings are an art form. If you look at Malaysia, it has the Petronas building. And everyone visiting New York City must visit the Empire State Building.''

Mr Kobchai said that if CPN won the development contract, the design of the project alone could take 12 to 18 months, with completion within four to five years.

''The site would need to have a distinct identity, one that is different from CentralWorld, Siam Paragon or Central Chidlom,'' he said, adding that retail space for the project would be around 150,000 square metres.

Meanwhile, CPN is preparing to open the CentralWorld shopping complex on June 30, touted as the largest in Thailand with 550,000 sq m of retail space.

The shopping complex, located at the Ratchaprasong intersection, will be the heart of the 26-billion-baht CentralWorld, which includes a 45-storey office building opened last year, a 17,000-sq m convention centre to open later this year and a five-star, 55-storey hotel due in 2008.

Mr Kobchai said the new mall would be ''funky and sexy'', with an emphasis on open space to bring a sense of airiness to the site, formerly known as the World Trade Centre.

The mall has been substantially changed from its former incarnation, with new ''wells'' created to allow clear lines of sight between one floor to the next and skylights installed to offer natural lighting inside the space.

The launch of CentralWorld is expected to boost total revenues by 15% for CPN, with the mall overtaking Central Lat Phrao mall as the single largest contributor to the business at around 50% of total revenues.

Mr Kobchai said CPN was also looking for opportunities around the new Suvarnabhumi Airport, which once open, would help spur strong growth in eastern Bangkok.

CPN, which last year announced plans to invest 8.5 billion baht in two new shopping complexes on Chaeng Watthana Road and in Pattaya, targets to have 20 local and international malls open by 2010.

''We want to leverage our expertise in the retail sector to have a presence in every major population centre of the country, whether it be through large-scale complexes or smaller Central Town malls,'' Mr Kobchai said.

CPN reported first-quarter profits of 456.9 million baht on revenues of 1.8 billion, up from profits of 364.9 million on revenues of 1.65 billion the year before. The company attributed gains to an increase in rental income from The Offices at CentralWorld and Central Town Rattanathibet, as well as management fee income from its property fund, CPNRF.

Shares of CPN closed yesterday on the Stock Exchange of Thailand at 21 baht, up one baht, on trade worth 141.56 million baht.

Source : Bangkokpost : June 2, 2006

Last edited by DD2020; July 17th, 2006 at 08:34 AM.
DD2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 11:39 AM   #55
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:

Proposed by Portauthority of Thailand... several months ago.
Sorry I don't have detail about it now.
May be..I'll add later on.
This is the best one I think.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #56
jarcje
Come on people!

Likes (Received): 225

I Like the Third one the one at Suvarnabhumi Centre!
jarcje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 08:31 AM   #57
DD2020
Kikapu!

5.) Central Chitlom British Embassy, 85+46+39 Storey : Chitlom
This one is come up with big surpirse!!

Quote:
Name : Central Chitlom British Embassy (Tentative)
Developer : Central Pattana Limited
Project Keys : 85 Storey Office Tower ("Thailand"'s new tallest when completed), 46 Hotel and 39 Storey Serviced Apartment Tower on a 10 Storey Retail Mall managed by Central Group.
Architects : (on going compettition, Tandem Architects+BBG-BBGM+Woha Designs, A49 Limited, Palmer and Turners Limited)
Construction Starts : Early 2007
Construction Finishes : The end of 2010
Quote:
Everything being brought down.
Old July 17th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #58
bulakenyo

Likes (Received): 33

Congrats Bangkok! Those are beautiful towers!
bulakenyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #59
markcode
toilet out of order

Likes (Received): 9

It's awesome!
I like all of them!

...who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
markcode no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:04 PM   #60
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers