daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 28th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #1
alvse

Likes (Received): 490

PER | Perth Airport

Original Post By Homeroids:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=183196

Airport Master Plan:

Images by Chrisaus:
International Terminal Departures Extention

I wish this would happen sooner than later. It would be a great airport once the International and Domestic terminals are integrated into one site. At the moment, it involves a 15 minute Drive from Domestic to International. That and the Domestic Terminal(s) car park facilities are horrid.
alvse no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2005, 07:35 AM   #2
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 485

Tell ya what, it beats Adelaides Terminal.
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #3
Sania

Likes (Received): 416

looks amazing
Sania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #4
KrYpNoTiC
WASSSSUPP!!!

Likes (Received): 0

looks impressive and would dwarf adelaides new terminal but for now i guess Adelaide will have the better terminal
KrYpNoTiC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 10:39 AM   #5
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 996

The check-in area looks a little sterile, needs some more art features & plants etc to brighten the place up.

Love the render of the terminal masterplan though. If it goes ahead, it will certainly be impressive.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 04:00 AM   #6
alvse

Likes (Received): 490

people actually goto adelaide? do they need an airport?

alvse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:54 PM   #7
MelbourneCity

Likes (Received): 25

They need an airport so they can get out

Melburnian in Sydney via Bendigo
MelbourneCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005, 01:04 PM   #8
thunder head
BANNED

^ awww that's so mean!

that's a sweet terminal from the outside but the inside needs a little more spice
thunder head no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #9
Fabio
Go Habs! Go!

Likes (Received): 12

looks nice, but I don't like much of the interior
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:51 AM   #10
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Likes (Received): 1639

i'm wondering, is $1b design a big project for a city of 1.6m people or just average...

the plans
http://www.thewest.com.au/multimedia...port-plans.pdf

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=70720

$1b airport plan
1st May 2008, 9:30 WST

The private owners of Perth Airport have pledged to transform the much maligned facility into one of the best airports in the Asia-Pacific region in a long-awaited $1 billion plan under which the domestic and international terminals are merged within seven years.

In a blueprint which will build the case for a new airport rail link, Westralia Airports Corporation’s vision includes two airport hotels, a dedicated $100 million terminal for regional WA airlines, a multi-storey carpark connected to a new integrated terminal building and a strip of convenience stores along Horrie Miller Drive.

Everything will be contained within the existing international airport precinct, with the new domestic terminal expected to be in the area now occupied by the international terminal. The integrated terminal will be about four times the size of the existing international terminal.

This morning's public release of the $1 billion plan comes less than four weeks after Premier Alan Carpenter said Perth Airport was an embarrassment and called on owner Westralia Airports to commit to a major upgrade.

In a show of confidence that the plan would overcome the airport’s shortcomings, Perth Airport chief executive Brad Geatches claimed the $1 billion development would create a world-class hub for domestic and international travellers, delivering Perth one of the best airports in the Asia Pacific region.

Mr Geatches said the new multistorey carpark would “remove once and for all concerns about parking at Perth Airport”. The plan also makes provision for a long-term carpark, serviced by a shuttle bus.

The plan has the crucial support of Qantas, which is a pivotal player in any airport redevelopment proposal. Its lease over its domestic terminal, where the company is spending $50 million on improvements, runs until 2018.

Westralia Airports is also hoping that the release of its plan and its seven-year development timeframe will prompt the State Government to prioritise plans to upgrade the main airport access roads and further discussions for an airport rail link.

Those plans include extending Leach Highway into the new airport precinct with a bridge over Tonkin Highway to provide a second access route to Horrie Miller Drive. They also include a grade separation of Horrie Miller Drive over Tonkin Highway to improve traffic flows.

Planning and Infrastructure Minister Alannah MacTiernan said co-locating the regional, domestic and international terminals would help make the rail link proposal “do-able”.

The first stage of the $1 billion development proposal involves building a dedicated new terminal, worth about $100 million, for WA regional air services within the international precinct by 2010.

PERTH
MARK DRUMMOND

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE

Last edited by docker; May 1st, 2008 at 05:16 AM.
docker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM   #11
melbstud

Likes (Received): 7

I think PER isd going to be amazing, with it being so close to Asia, Middle East, Europe and Africa, I think it will get a lot of flights. At the moment there is a huge huge boom in Perth and this will reflect in tourists aswell. I remember flying Melbourne to Singapore, 4 hours of it I was still in Australia, from Perth all it takes is 1 our and your out of the country.
melbstud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM   #12
Mr. Fusion
Just A Pilot... :-)

Likes (Received): 10

Great looking airport. Will be nice to see the second parallel runway go in someday.
Mr. Fusion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM   #13
indeglow1

What happened to Ansett terminal?Who is using it now?
indeglow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:51 AM   #14
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Virgin blue is now using the old Ansett terminal, and i think sky west might be as well.

A video of my month long travel in the GMT Zones +8 and +9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESV_t0Z12EE
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM   #15
Ron2K

Likes (Received): 17

Ya, Perth really does need to merge international and domestic. I passed through there in December 2006 on my way from Sydney back home to Durban (it was on one of the two days of the week when the direct SYD-JNB flight wasn't operating), and getting from domestic to international wasn't fun. I did have two hours between the flight from SYD arriving and the flight to JNB departing though.

I agree with whoever said Perth's airport is an embarrassment - even Durban's little airport (the current one, not the new one currently being built) is a nicer airport to pass through. It's an upgrade that's definitely needed.
Ron2K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:44 AM   #16
hugose76
Cali es Cali

Likes (Received): 306

it looks really great
hugose76 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:47 PM   #17
paw25694
Batik

Likes (Received): 36

looking good
paw25694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM   #18
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

this is the Terminal WA section of the upgrade, which will be for regional flights and is the first stage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waustralia View Post

The pictures are all of Terminal WA it seems which I guess is the reason for its simple 'shed' like appearance.

Old May 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #19
docker
A 'Refined Bogan'

Old May 21st, 2008, 05:07 AM   #20
melbstud

Likes (Received): 7

love it
melbstud no está en línea   Reply With Quote