daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old June 13th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #3021
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
The stadium could host the 2015 World Athletics Championships. Beijing is bidding against London and Chorzow for the rights to host the event.
Didnt know that. Thanks for the heads up.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 13th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #3022
eMKay

Likes (Received): 73

I ripped China plenty around the Olympics, and I'm still here, don't remember any of my posts getting deleted. I ripped the government, the stadium, the money spent, the security, blah blah
HOCKEY Buffalo Bisons/Sabres est: 1940/1970
BASKETBALL Buffalo Braves->LA Clippers est: 1970
eMKay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #3023
Jim856796
The Q&A Guy

Likes (Received): 171

The National Stadium may have the thickest roof of any stadium in the world.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #3024
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 6401

Stadium to feather its nest
30 June 2010
China Daily - Hong Kong Edition

China's National Stadium has opened for hire and has designed a VIP sightseeing route in the latest attempts to earn more revenue from the iconic landmark.

A total of nine venues at the stadium, better known as the Bird's Nest, will be leased out. They include the golden lobby, the newsroom, conference room and VIP room on the third floor, said Shi Lei, press officer with the National Stadium Co Ltd.

So far, some multinational companies have already contacted the stadium to stage company sports and forums, she said.

"Apart from sports events, it is also a perfect venue for activities such as press conferences, exhibitions and forums etc," she added.

In addition, the stadium has created a VIP sightseeing trail in order to attract more visitors.

At present, people can only visit the first and fifth floor.

The VIP route adds the golden lobby in the basement, the rostrum on the second floor and VIP rooms to the package.

Up to now, tourism has been the biggest source of income for the main stadium for the Beijing Olympic Games. The admission fee is 50 yuan per person.

However, the story says the annual operating cost of the iconic landmark is 150 million yuan.

Lin Xianpeng, professor at the School of Management of Beijing Sport University, said performances and tourism cannot sustain the stadium and said it is common practice throughout the world to sell the naming rights of sporting venues.

"No matter if it's the National Stadium or the National Aquatic Center, if they don't sell the naming rights, it will be hard to make ends meet," he said.

Shi told METRO, the stadium is proactively getting in touch with companies that have expressed an interest in buying the naming rights.

The stadium is diversifying its market in an attempt to increase its revenue.

The Bird's Nest Restaurant is under renovation and will reopen to the public in early July. Cuisine with Olympic characteristics will be served at the 4,500 sq m restaurant.

A friendship football match between Beijing Guoan Football Club and Birmingham City Football Club will kick off at the stadium on July 21.

A match between Beijing Guoan Football Club and Barcelona has also been arranged and the two teams will play at the stadium on Aug 8.

Lionel Messi is expected to take part.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg | Moscow | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Sydney | Hanoi | Bangkok | Prague

New York, London, Seoul, Taipei, Mumbai, Tokyo, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #3025
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Race on to stop deterioration of Olympic Green
19 August 2010
China Daily - Hong Kong Edition

Two years after the Beijing Olympiad, the Olympic Green is already showing signs of wear and tear.

In some areas near the Olympic Sports Center the floor tiles are broken or missing, the wall tiles of the five public toilets have dropped off in places, dozens of lamps in the shape of Bird's Nest are stuffed with rubbish, and many lamp posts inside the park are wrapped with kite strings.

The increasing number of visitors and their lack of care when using the park are the main reasons for the deterioration of the facilities, a staff member from the Beijing Olympic Park Administration Committee, told Mirror Evening News on Tuesday, adding that maintaining the facilities is the responsibility of each property owner.

The number of visitors to the park increased sharply this summer, with on average 200,000 visiting on weekdays and 300,000 on weekends.

The committee intends to draw up detailed maintenance plans and put them into effect once approval is forthcoming from the appropriate authorities.

The maintenance fee of the park (not including that of Bird's Nest, Water Cube and National Indoor Stadium) exceeded 600 million yuan last year, said Wang Chun, head of the committee and deputy chief of Chaoyang district, at the Beijing Olympic Park cultural development forum. Of this, about 200 million yuan is used for staff salaries and the greening of the forest park.

Wei Xiao'an, an expert with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, proposed that Beijing should apply for the Olympic Park to be listed as a world heritage site.

Wu Lin, a local resident in his 50s, who takes a walk inside the Olympic Green every evening, said the situation is understandable considering the park's size and the fact that it has no gates.

"But I don't think administration from the management committee would work, or not for long, at least," he said.

He suggested setting signs and LED screens inside the park, with messages asking people to pay attention to the environment.

"Also, trying to convince people to speak out when they see uncivil behavior might be a good way to solve the problem," Wu said.

The Olympic Park was put into use in 2008 for the 29th Olympic Games. It covers an area of 1,135 hectares, including world-renowned architecture, such as the Bird's Nest, the Water Cube, the National Indoor Stadium, and Olympic Forest Park.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg | Moscow | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Sydney | Hanoi | Bangkok | Prague

New York, London, Seoul, Taipei, Mumbai, Tokyo, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, and much more!
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #3026
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

If you want me to believe that 300000 people on average visit the park on weekends, then you are looking for an idiot. I doubt if all the museums of Europe combined can do that
ReiAyanami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #3027
RobH

Likes (Received): 1760

That does seem very high but not mostrously so and not even unbelievably so. Central Park gets 30m people annually (that works out at about 82,000 visitors daily). Beijing is a city with a similar population to New York, yet their Olympic Park was the focus of the most important event in the country's modern history.
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:41 AM   #3028
ReiAyanami
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

"Most important event" I am lost at understanding the worship that followed, In Barchelona, Atlanta, Sydney and Athens nobody cared anymore the moment the games were finished and I'm sure people there were equally proud. Central park is not a right analogy cause there is nothing similar anywhere in the world
I guess it looks like that on weekends, right?
http://mrsmart.files.wordpress.com/2...ouis-huge4.jpg

Last edited by ReiAyanami; August 31st, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
ReiAyanami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:31 AM   #3029
SALIL GARG 25 BUSALT

Likes (Received): 0

2 years ago we all saw THE GREATEST OPENING CEREMONY ON EARTH EVER ....BUT NOW THE MEMORIES ARE ALL SCATTERED ..... AFTER SEEING THE ASIAD IN GUANGZHOU AND ITS AWESOME OPENING CEREMONY , i wish to see that great ceremony again................... But i need HELP.......PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL WHERE CAN I SEE THE """COMPLETE""" OPENING CEREMONY OF THE BEIJING OLYMPICS ONLINE??????????????? IF NOT THAT, THEN CAN ANYONE TELL ME FROM I WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT AND HOW????????????.......just dying to see it again.......
SALIL GARG 25 BUSALT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #3030
Mo Rush
life.love.everything else

Likes (Received): 51

Do not post in caps.

Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2010, 08:28 PM   #3031
pawel19-87

Likes (Received): 542

del

Last edited by pawel19-87; August 11th, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
pawel19-87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #3032
Jim856796
The Q&A Guy

Likes (Received): 171

Now the Beijing National Stadium has been chosen to host the 2015 World Championships in Athletics.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #3033
RPK102

Likes (Received): 0

I don't care about what English Wikipedia says about the Supercoppa Italiana. If you wanna find informations about Italy, wikipedia in general is a wrong source for it. Especially the english section lacks in specific information about Italian stuffs. The Supercoppa Italiana is a official game. This game is played by the winner of the previous Campionato di Serie A (FC Internazionale di Milano) and the winner of previous Coppa Italia (SS Lazio). So it's neither a warm-up match nor a exhibition match.
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #3034
nonotz
Super nooB

Likes (Received): 10

how's bird's nest condition right now ?

is the "wear and tear" that bad?
nonotz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #3035
hkskyline
Hong Kong

By 恋佳 from a Chinese photography forum :

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #3036
everywhere
The Explorer

Likes (Received): 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
The stadium could host the 2015 World Athletics Championships. Beijing is bidding against London and Chorzow for the rights to host the event.
They already won the rights for the World Athletics Championships 2015 but before that on Aug. 11 Supercoppa Italiana...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...a-on-august-11
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #3037
Lord David

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by everywhere View Post
They already won the rights for the World Athletics Championships 2015 but before that on Aug. 11 Supercoppa Italiana...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...a-on-august-11
Look at the date that was posted. :P
Lord David no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #3038
MS20

Likes (Received): 1

Italian Super Cup
Juventus 4 - 2: Napoli. Attendance: 80,000

MS20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #3039
gabriel campos

Likes (Received): 4579