daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #481
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

^ Use ZOOM.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #482
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

well the roads in dubai have a good quality
but due to this construction mess all over the city a flat tire is something usual

you can hardly find any place in dubai where there is no construction going on
it gets annoying sometimes

dubai does not build a tower here and there, it has whole districts under c at the same time like the dubai marina
it's like the whole southern part of manhattan is under c at the same time
there are nails and all this stuff, so you have to be prepared for flat tires

i'm going to leave dubai for my studies mid february 2006
of course i will come back as often as possible
my next visit might be between june and september, depends on when and how long we have holiday at the university

i hope to be coming back for another internship as part of my studies in march 2007 for one semester
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #483
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

I have never had a flat tire, but once I was stuck in soft sand, going around a unpaved parking lot. The car deeped till the front axel and only a powerfull 4x4 could pull me out. I could hear, for more then a week, sand moving into the chassis.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 04:43 AM   #484
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai-Lover
and i don't want to ruin my car for a stupid photo

anyway, i'm not driving this road too often

once i get the landcruiser i'll try to get deeper into the site
I have written this because everyboddy should know that the Dubai Boom is much much larger, than many people think.

I am glad that you are a Dubai fan. The work you do is unbezahlbar.

But if you want to take pics
I walked there. You have easy access to the towers because there is a road with palms and much green. The street is very clean and ends in the Burj Dubai sales office.
[IMG]http://************/jgmzad.jpg[/IMG]

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 06:15 AM   #485
Darth Shemp
Armani

Likes (Received): 0

I love the sign. It makes a great start to screensavers. Is it possible to get that shot with the building behind it? That would be awsome.

It looks like it's about time to post nice, professional shots to compare 1/2005 and 1/2006 (photos actually taken at those dates).

Also, if somebody out there is good enough, it is now high enough to extend the height and eliminate the last tower as you go up. It would be great speculation as to what it might look like, at this time, in the end of 2006.

Great work renderers!

Last edited by Darth Shemp; December 31st, 2005 at 06:24 AM.
Darth Shemp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 10:04 AM   #486
beiklopa
Madge, I wanna confess...

going thro this thread, i ve found out tht most of the things people (not from dubai) do is complaining, being absolutely arrogand and sarcastic about dubai. this is rediculous guyz, get a life. ah and btw thnx for updates smussw and Dubai-Loverbtw Happy newyear to everyone
beiklopa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 10:04 AM   #487
beiklopa
Madge, I wanna confess...

going thro this thread, i ve found out tht most of the things people (not from dubai) do is complaining, being absolutely arrogand and sarcastic about dubai. this is rediculous guyz, get a life. ah and btw thnx for updates smussw and Dubai-Loverbtw Happy newyear to everyone
beiklopa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 04:02 PM   #488
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

don't be so rude beiklopa. there are a lot of people here who are really discussing, and who are thankful for every update, but there are others who are desperate and angry if there aren't any new pictures, even though they have no idea how hard it is to get some.

dennis and altin have to work, smussuw is busy as well, ahmed has to study , well it is not that easy.
also this immense construction site is, once again, 1km x 1km and the tower is right in the middle.

here is a night shot taken by kabooz

[IMG]http://************/jh511y.jpg[/IMG]

and a nice article on dubai's incredible growth:

Dubai GDP posts 16pc growth; tops $37 billion
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005

Dubai

Dubai’s economy grew around 16 per cent in 2005 and is estimated to reach Dh136 billion ($37.02 billlion), according to a statement from the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED). The emirate’s economic growth would continue its steady pace and is expected to touch the Dh150 billion mark in 2006, a statement said.

The growth rate is higher than that of China, acknowledged to be one of the fastest growing economies in the world today with a growth rate of 8.5 per cent, said a DED statement.

Emphasising that 2005 had witnessed a consolidation of Dubai’s meteoric growth, Mohamed Ali Alabbar, director general, DED, reiterated that Dubai’s economy is sustainable over the long term.

“At current prices, Dubai’s GDP has recorded a significant increase and is estimated to reach Dh136 billion in 2005 up from Dh118.4 billion in 2004,” said Alabbar. “When compared to Dh62.3 billion in 2000 and Dh44.7 billion for the year 1996, this puts the accumulated annual growth of Dubai’s economy in the last decade at among the highest rate of growth in the world,” he explained.

Alabbar underlined the remarkable success of the diversification policy, which has been consistently adopted by the emirate in the 80’s and has been supported by the DED, which first developed strategic plan in 1997. “The non-oil GDP grew by 14.92 per cent in 2005 and is estimated to reach Dh128.4 billion, up from Dh11.7 billion in 2004 and Dh92.5 billion in 2003. Compared with figures for 1996 when the non-oil GDP was only Dh38.17billion, this shows a record rise of 236 per cent in the last decade,” he said.

“Dubai’s economy has continued to grow at a significant pace in the last few years as a result of the innovative and forward looking strategies of the government,” said Alabbar. “The establishment of transparent policies that support and encourage private enterprise has generated greater confidence in the economy,” he said.

“In formulating these policies, the Government of Dubai has always received extensive support from the private sector, which has come forward with innovative initiatives and suggestions, to further develop the business environment in the emirate,” said Alabbar acknowledging the contribution of the private sector to Dubai’s economic growth.

Alabbar added that in addition to the constant growth of non-oil sectors, high oil prices have also contributed to Dubai achieving steady growth rates.

“Backed by consistently high oil prices, Dubai’s oil GDP grew by 18 per cent over last year’s Dh6.7 billion and is estimated to touch Dh7.9 billion, although the contribution of oil to Dubai’s overall GDP has remained close to the 2004 levels at 5.8 per cent,” said Alabbar. “In turn, the contribution of the non-oil sector to the emirate’s GDP was 94.20 per cent in 2005,” he added.

Alabbar noted that the government initiatives had enabled a continuous inflow of foreign capital - a trend that is expected to be maintained with the prevailing lucrative return on investment in key sectors.

He pointed out that the department, in addition to main economic sectors, will focus towards setting up a viable industrial sector, which is the real evidence of true economic growth, through the establishment of industrial incubators.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 05:12 PM   #489
>skyscraper<

wow, the pictrue is wonderful
>skyscraper< no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM   #490
Darth Shemp
Armani

Tis is a unique shot we have yet to see on this board. Keep it up and great shot. If we can get one closer, the colors on the tower really make it come alive, instead of dead like the other shots we have seen.

Again, great pic!

Last edited by Darth Shemp; December 31st, 2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old December 31st, 2005, 05:43 PM   #491
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Shemp
Tis is a unique shot we have yet to see on this board. Keep it up and great shot. If we can get one closer, the colors on the tower relly make it come alive, instead of dead like the other shots we have seen.
You would complain about an Mercedes S class because you want an Maybach.

If you really visited the Burj Dubai construction threads you would know that Altin made close up night pics of the Burj Dubai.

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 05:57 PM   #492
Darth Shemp
Armani

Again, back up your words with results. A lot of people on this thread are all talk and no action.

Lets see 'em at this height..... and prove me wrong.

p.s. I don't like either cars. I like a Trans Am GTA, lowered. Shows you are not a good judge of character as well.

Last edited by Darth Shemp; December 31st, 2005 at 06:37 PM.
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:06 PM   #493
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

what the hell is up with you...

you are one of the guys here deserving not to post any updates at all
there are indeed close up night shots taken by altin, but why should anyone bother to show you?
search for them if you want them.

what have you done for the forums?
or burj dubai?

27 posts, here for 1 month and pushing others around. shut up.
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:14 PM   #494
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2439

Arr Youu Deee Eeee !

anyway ...
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM   #495
Darth Shemp
Armani

Who would you rather be:

Someone who wants to push others (me)

-or-

Somebody who wants to censor others (dubaiflo).

you chose........
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:43 PM   #496
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Who would you rather be:

Someone who wants to push others (me)

-or-

Somebody who wants to censor others (dubaiflo).

you chose........
As much as Dubaiflo can be abit of a hot head, he does give alot of valuble contribution to the forums, posts articles, renders and makes some worthwhile discussion. All I've seen from you is constant asking for more or better updates. So I would pick flo over you any time.

You have to realise it is not that easy to get pictures of this tower. There is no reason to be near it other than to take picture so it means a special trip for anyone who goes. You should be thankful they are willing to go down as often as they do. Most people would not be. You can't expect them to go even more often and get a shot of every angle, especially when it'll be alot of effort to show little progress.

Now shut up and stop spamming the thread with constant demands.

[/rant]
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 07:58 PM   #497
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2858

Quote:
p.s. I don't like either cars. I like a Trans Am GTA, lowered. Shows you are not a good judge of character as well.
all it shows is you have no taste in cars.... why did everyone react so badly to you anyway, i dont think you said anything to wrong, the original post simply said thanks for the pictures, think people are pushing for part 11
nezzybaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 08:16 PM   #498
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61280

Yeah, A fight and O.T.'s

The best way to get to 500 posts!

Happy New Year to everyone!
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 08:26 PM   #499
Dr. Dubai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Who's gonna put all his energy in making a new Burj Dubai topic on New Years eve?

We'll see who's the mad one

Happy new year to y'all guys!
Dr. Dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 08:35 PM   #500
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyevildude
So I would pick flo over you any time.
thanks and happy new year. i am going to make the new thread , i deserve one as well