daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2005, 12:05 AM   #141
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Dubai Mega Projects - Aerial Photo's

I found this guys web-site using Google Earth. He has been taking aerial photo's of Dubai's Mega Projects. He has some really awesome aerial photo's.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #142
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Forgot to post his web-site:

http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/dubaiprojects
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #143
ferrariguy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKing
"I counted the amout of storys of the tower Its about 180."

The renderings are likely not the final design anyway... they will most likely be changing the design during construction.
I think you are right.
ferrariguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #144
dazz

2nd December 2005

- counted from uc photos
- +/-2floor error marginal
- 7 day interval in x-axis

2nd December 2005 - with 8 week forecast!

- 14 day interval in x-axis

dazz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #145
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

Bless your heart Dazz , your rarely reply , but when you do , its worth a thousand replies
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #146
dazz

forecasts were made using linear & polynomial trendlines.

floors are counted based on number plates on Burj Dubai.

...and as you can see, the first floor is quite high actually.
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #147
dazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Boy
Bless your heart Dazz , your rarely reply , but when you do , its worth a thousand replies
thx
Old December 9th, 2005, 02:51 AM   #148
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Dammit with all these threats and stuff it's good they kept the height secret. I really hope burj dubai wins out in the end (I don't want it taller than about 810m but for various reasons I'm pretty sure al burj will be < that) since it's not only ultra-tall but one of the best designed scrapers I've ever seen. The perfect WTB, a soaring tower piercing the sky .

BTW I wonder which facade they'll use, the blue one or the silver.

Dazz, I tend to go with the polynomial graph rather than linear. It really seems to be picking up speed and when the floors get smaller in area, then it should speed up even more

Last edited by malec; December 9th, 2005 at 03:01 AM.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 02:57 AM   #149
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

[IMG]http://************/icsp35.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 9th, 2005, 02:59 AM   #150
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Dazz and Culwulla are posters at another level.
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 02:59 AM   #151
Darth Shemp
Armani

MORE RENDERS!

Can anybody put a render of the completed BD in a pic of the city skyline to see how massive it will look in 2008? I have seen renders of it in Chicago and in H.K. but not in it's own home town? If someone is good enough to put the construction status (or completed) projects in 2008 in with the pic would be great. Somebody give us an idea on what this town will look like in 2008.

Since we are blocked from sending you a good pic of the dubai skyline, here is a link where a good Dubai skyline would be perfect:

http://schnecko.faulenzt.net/emirate...eien/dubai.jpg

or Google "Dubai skyline" and pick from several good pics.

Thanks
Darth Shemp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:06 AM   #152
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Burj Dubai won't be seen in that pic. Here's the best image to use though, if you look at the two white towers next to the engine you should see the burj behind those. Maybe Larven can do his work on this and come up with a supercool render. I don't think it's right to put only burj dubai in the render though because by the time it's finished several new towers will also be completed, some of which will hit 300m

Old December 9th, 2005, 03:14 AM   #153
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Here is a proper render with dubai's current skyline:
Keep in mind that a fair few talls will be built next to the highway and also those midrises where DIFC is should be towers including one that should and hit 330m and is due to start construction next month. A 333m tall is already U/C and is at around floor 30 now.

Old December 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #154
Darth Shemp
Armani

Lets see renders with real pics. Not the same old renders (and I do mean old)we have been seeing for the last 9 threads.

Thanks
Darth Shemp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #155
nezzybaby
Look at my shiny ball

Likes (Received): 2849

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
Dammit with all these threats and stuff it's good they kept the height secret. I really hope burj dubai wins out in the end (I don't want it taller than about 810m but for various reasons I'm pretty sure al burj will be < that) since it's not only ultra-tall but one of the best designed scrapers I've ever seen. The perfect WTB, a soaring tower piercing the sky .

BTW I wonder which facade they'll use, the blue one or the silver.

Dazz, I tend to go with the polynomial graph rather than linear. It really seems to be picking up speed and when the floors get smaller in area, then it should speed up even more
Ithink you cannot use a linear or polynomial graph to mark the trend in progression... think about it, if the polynomial curve continues, then it implies that before 2008 theyll be on a ridiculous construction speed, maybe 2 floors a day or more.

with a linear graph your suggesting that the speed they pour the earlier floors, will continue for ever. Also quite unrealistic. THe shape of graph thatll correctly map the construction is one which starts slowly then levels out to a linear relationship.

There are limits on the speed floor plates can be added, basically the time it takes concrete to set.... yet at the same time you can always expect the first few floors to be slower due to increased size, setting up the auto climb frameworks, different floor plates, and organising the work force.

so in my mind whilst the graphs are useful for showing current trends, using them to generalise for the future is fairly useless
nezzybaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #156
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD

Likes (Received): 28

I think I may have calculated this right. I wasn't sure what the floor height was so I used 3.5m, and used 1.5 floors a week construction. Construction staying constant, Burj Dubai will eclipse the CN Tower on the week on 12-18 August, 2007.
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #157
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzybaby
Ithink you cannot use a linear or polynomial graph to mark the trend in progression... think about it, if the polynomial curve continues, then it implies that before 2008 theyll be on a ridiculous construction speed, maybe 2 floors a day or more.

with a linear graph your suggesting that the speed they pour the earlier floors, will continue for ever. Also quite unrealistic. THe shape of graph thatll correctly map the construction is one which starts slowly then levels out to a linear relationship.
Well, I think it'll be growing faster by then. Definitely not that fast but still faster than it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Shemp
Lets see renders with real pics. Not the same old renders (and I do mean old)we have been seeing for the last 9 threads.

Thanks
I know that render is old but it's the best we have showing burj dubai in the current (or not so current) skyline .I say that because if you look at it, chelsea tower hasn't even been built so the pic they based it on is definitely old. If you want a new render with burj dubai in the skyline then there is none, unless Larven makes one with that aerial shot
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #158
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

larven where are you

dazz i cannot see your pics, what happend
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 04:13 PM   #159
Larogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
Here is a proper render with dubai's current skyline:
Keep in mind that a fair few talls will be built next to the highway and also those midrises where DIFC is should be towers including one that should and hit 330m and is due to start construction next month. A 333m tall is already U/C and is at around floor 30 now.

I like it
Larogue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #160
larven

Likes (Received): 2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo
larven where are you
Shown at around 800m.

larven no está en línea   Reply With Quote