daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 11th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #221
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5616

This isn't a London thread:

Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #222
Matthieu
Administrateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
Oh, for a second I thought you had something interesting to say.

I didn't, not even for a second.
Old March 11th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #223
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiPoika
He is right you know...
Hey Suomi. Havent seen you in a while

And FOR GOD SAKE! Can you all stop bickering? Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Paris future projects, but that doesnt mean I'll drag London into an argument to try and better them! There was no poinjt in that!

And to the Paris forumers, You should just ignore it! The fact that you reply and keep on mentioning London just helps ruin the thread!

God, this is about one thing and one thing only:

Paris 2015 projects.

Not London 2012, not Paris vs London, Not who will have the best skyline in 10 years time!

Now can we let this be the last mention of London, and get back on the topic of the new towers.

And Can someone please tell me what we are likely to find out about this project next week?
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #224
Monkey
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

^ Guys chill out. I can't even remember the last time I was on a Paris thread at SSC. For starters there aren't many Paris threads and I don't even go to Euroscrapers any more. I haven't made any such "provocative" comments for months!! And I really don't see anything trollish or extreme about what I have said....
Monkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #225
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 891

Hello newcastle

And i´m really happy for Paris, good news for LD! I agree with you virtual that it´s unnecessary and stupid to start bashing Paris for it´s architecture (which is amasing btw)...so guys stop bickering and stay on topic.
Mr Bricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 12:12 AM   #226
london lad

Likes (Received): 2252

This is a thread about Paris & la Defense- Just leave it at that - if you want to comment on London theres a couple of threads already.

No point getting into another city V city shite arguement that seems to fill these forums
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #227
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4219

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastle kid

And Can someone please tell me what we are likely to find out about this project next week?
EPAD Director Bernard Bled will take the opportunity of MIPI 2006 to unveil the new masterplan for La Défense (up to 2015).

As you already know maybe, at the MIPI, main cities highrise districts show/unveil their projects through models

As for La Défense, a masterplan model with sites expected to host towers (the 400m tower being among them) is likely to be unveiled. Now we just know that 2 additionnal new towers could be 250m+. No architects chosen so far, I repeat, this will only be a masterplan.

The heavy redesign project of AXA tower by KPF will surely be unveiled though.
Anyway let's wait next week to have further actual news of it all.
Cyril no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 02:53 AM   #228
Insane alex
Stockholm rules!

Likes (Received): 23

Serioulsy guys, this isnt a wining thread so stop wining on each others architecture, iti snt anyting to argue about, that is a completly nerdish and childish thing to do, just as metioned stay to the topic and dont care if this architecture is more uglier than the London architecture, please come on...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=449245
Countries i've been to: Australia, Austria, Canada, Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Lichtenstein, Germany, The Netherlands, Latvia, Italy, UK, USA, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hong Kong.
Insane alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #229
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Very exciting news for Paris. I hope this one comes to fruition.

In reading through this thread, I saw a lot of comments about how this building shouldn't be built because it's too tall for La Defense. But you have to start somewhere, right? Allowing the current appearance of a skyline to have too much control over whether a given building should be built can foreclose that skyline’s future evolution. I see this in the Fordham Spire thread all the time. Many people criticize it as not fitting in with Chicago’s skyline. And they may be partially correct. But who knows what will happen as Chicago’s skyline grows. The point is that you can't let the present limit the future. The same applies to La Defense. Who knows how it will continue to develop. Hopefully, it will reach the point where it can better sustain the visual impact of a supertall. But it shouldn’t be prevented from trying to get that point just because its present skyline is relatively short. So I say go for it, Paris.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #230
Kaiser
Herr

Likes (Received): 22

That's good news
Old March 12th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #231
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 891

The only sad thing is it will overtake the eiffel tower as the tallest structure in the city.
Mr Bricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #232
Matthieu
Administrateur

The Eiffel Tower is more than 100 years old already, that's quite a performance already to be 300m tall and that old.

When the Millau Viaduct took over the Eiffel Tower as the tallest structure in France, no one even bothered to complain like: "WTF, a bridge taller than our national symbol?"..... and not only no one complained but the Millau Viaduct is a real success. I've seen it for real and people are quite fond of it. I think it's credible now to make a tower taller than 300m in Paris and around.
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:04 PM   #233
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiPoika
The only sad thing is it will overtake the eiffel tower as the tallest structure in the city.
Year, but I think I'll get over that in about 10 seconds. Fortunately, the Eiffel Tower is on it's own and not surrounded by other high buildings. It would be really terrible if other tall buildings were built directly around it, so it became hidden.

Then I would really be pissed off. But this is far out of town and will not have any other effect - a bit like the Grand Arch being larger than the Arch de Triomphe.

Just hope they put an observation deck at the top - with an outdoor platform!
Old March 12th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #234
AMS guy
hipp-E

I'm very glad for Paris and impatiently waiting for some more detailed renderings of the new proposed towers.
You French guys are doing a good job again!

AMS guy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #235
SkyLerm
Architranceture Feelings

Likes (Received): 28

Yeah great news for Paris and Europe indeed

Cuchiville
SkyLerm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #236
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

Nice! We want to see more!

For now, with T1 (187m) and Granite (183m) gowing up, the two towers of Levallois (just east of LD) wich will be U/C this summer (2x165m) if everything goes well + AXA being rebuilt (200m+ considering the rendering), we'll have 5 new 150m+ towers in the skyline to wait to see all those new towers going up around 2010, the 400m tower among them!!!

Can't wait to be in 2010-2015!

Last edited by bnmaddict; March 14th, 2006 at 01:27 AM.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #237
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

BTW, if a mod could remove all those dumb fights in this thread to make it more enjoyable, it would be great...
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #238
eklips

Likes (Received): 5026

Renovation of the Axa tower

From this

To that

eklips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 04:21 AM   #239
ggmm

Likes (Received): 2

Gorgeous Paris!
ggmm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #240
tmac14wr

Likes (Received): 28

Wow, Paris' skyline is going to be very impressive soon! Don't take this as a comparison to London but the Axa Tower renovation looks very similar to the Bishopgate Tower proposal in London. How tall is Axa now and how tall will it be after it's renovation?
tmac14wr no está en línea   Reply With Quote