daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala > Calicut

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #2021
gopinath85

Likes (Received): 18

sarovaram project

i am in a hurry of exams thats why i am so late to replay any way nice to see we all in a new thread

2 days befour when i pass through swapnanagari i was wondered that the work of sarovaram project is moving very fast i also heard that it should be open in 2nd week of may did any one know about it?
gopinath85 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old April 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #2022
gopinath85

mobile store

mobile store which is an out let of vergin mobile is going to open new shoroom in kallai road
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #2023
gopinath85

s r k

good news to calicutians that s r k is going to launch in calicut they have three land with them one in beach other in airport bypass and another in kappad beach
i also heard that dlf is also going to launch in beach
and, confidence group and kristal is comming
Old April 16th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #2024
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinath85 View Post
good news to calicutians that s r k is going to launch in calicut they have three land with them one in beach other in airport bypass and another in kappad beach
i also heard that dlf is also going to launch in beach
and, confidence group and kristal is comming
Its not confidence, but confident group gopi...
sanjupalayat no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #2025
RKPV
GeoStatic

Likes (Received): 659

Etihad plans four new Indian routes by 2009

DUBAI: UAEs national carrier, Etihad Airways, plans to add new routes to four cities in India - Kozhikode, Chennai, Jaipur and Kolkata by 2009.

Etihad will add Kozhikode, Chennai, Jaipur, Kolkata, Minsk, Moscow and Almaty to its destinations within the next 12 months, James Hogan, the airline's chief executive officer, said.

Economic Times Link
RKPV no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #2026
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Likes (Received): 5

All are nice updates , great effort guys

Success belongs to those persons who believe in the beauty of their dreamz
skumarvclt no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:10 PM   #2027
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 328

EUROTECH DAFFODILS UPDATE
sanjupalayat no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #2028
rahul sadu

Likes (Received): 47

this is the news taht came up in economic times

Building boom in Calicut

There is a new wave of activity in Calicut or Kozhikode as it is now known. The city has woken up to the need of developing its fledgling IT industry. A new class of highly demanding consumers has started looking for quality living spaces. The retail majors are taking space in upcoming malls. In short, the classic signs of the beginning of a building boom are all visible in this northern outpost of Kerala business.

There are about 35-37 builders in the city taking part in this construction boom that started a couple of years ago. Says Mr Haseeb, managing director, Crescent Builders, “The demand is looking up in the short run for the industry as the rising land prices has prompted the consumers to look for high rise apartments.”

Another reason for the boom in Kozhikode is that the character of the city is changing. Two new IT parks are coming up in the city. The state IT Mission is promoting the Cyber City in 100 acres while Kinfra is developing another IT Park in 60 acres. The Aditya Birla Group is planning a huge satellite city project in the 450 acres that it owns at Mavoor, Mr Haseeb explains. A Malaysian company is promoting another industrial township in Kinalur near the city.

Meanwhile, the citizens, leading institutions, educational institutions, builders, chamber of commerce and government representatives have come together to form what is known as the Calicut IT Initiative. Mr Nitin, the chairman of the forum, says they have been holding road shows to attract investment into the city. His company, Ace Structures, is active in the residential and commercial space.

With all these activities expected to generate more jobs and incomes, builders expect the construction activity in the city will see sustained growth. Crescent has completed 10 projects and announced another three in the city — all in the premium category. The rates for apartment space have also gone up substantially — ranging from Rs 1,700 per sq ft to Rs 2,500 per sq ft. In the up-market regions like Kozhikode beach area and bypass area, the rates have touched Rs 2,500 per sq ft.

Although north Kerala has the largest number of NRIs, the pattern of demand for residential apartments shows that 70% of the demand is from within the state. According to Mr Haseeb, this is because the NRIs always look at bigger cities like Kochi when they make their investment decisions. The realty boom in the city is led by local clients, he adds.

With lifestyles in the city changing, property developers are also looking at other investment opportunities. The first major shopping mall in the state came up in Kozhikode last year. Its promoter, Mr Mehaboob, says 90% of the space has been booked by retailers. “The demand is mainly from organised retailers, of whom 90% are national players.” According to him, all the major brands are now present in Kozhikode. Mr Mehaboob is setting up his second mall in the city called Blue Diamond. The rentals have gone up to Rs 100 to Rs 175 per sq ft, he says.

The ordinary commercial space category has also been growing steadily in Kozhikode. The rates have touched Rs 5,000 per sq ft for the property with ordinary facilities while for the premium category it has gone up to Rs 10,000 per sq ft.

The growth of the building industry would be faster if there is more clarity in the government policies . Despite all this, the industry would see a rapid growth in the next few years, the spokesman for the industry feels.
rahul sadu no está en línea  
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #2029
gopinath85

confident

sorry sanju chetta in a hurry i write confience
it is confident in fact
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:25 AM   #2030
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Calicut Views

Beach Road

Old April 18th, 2008, 02:49 AM   #2031
dinakar
Calicut

Likes (Received): 349

RAK Airways to fly daily from Kozhikode :

Kozhikode: RAK Airways, fourth national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), will be operating daily direct flights from the Karipur airport to Ras Al Khaimah in the UAE from April 23.

Announcing this at a press conference, RAK Airways country manager P.V. Valsaraj said that this would be the first service of the airline from India.

A Boeing 757 aircraft which could accommodate 194 passengers, 174 in economy class and 20 in business class, would be operated from Ras Al Khaimah at 3.40 a.m. to reach Karipur at 9 a.m.

The flight would depart at 10 a.m. to reach Ras Al Khaimah at 12.30 p.m. The rate for one way would be Rs.5,225, inclusive of all taxes.

Claiming this charge to be less than that of budget airlines, Mr. Valsaraj said that the airline would be providing full service with food and other facilities.

The to and fro charge, if the return ticket is booked four months ahead, would be Rs.10,461.

The airline would provide free bus services to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Al Ain, Fujairah and Umm al-Quwain from Ras Al Khaimah for all passengers.

The passengers boarding economy class would be allowed 30 kg of luggage and those boarding business class 40 kg.

Mr.Valsaraj said that the airline was planning to start operations from Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai.

Al Hind Aviation Services would be coordinating the services of the airline in India.

At present, the airline operates direct flights from Ras Al Khaimah to Colombo, Chittagong and Dhaka.

Source : http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/18/stor...1853530500.htm
dinakar no está en línea  
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:04 AM   #2032
dinakar
Calicut

Likes (Received): 349

SEZ's awaiting approval.....investers are leaving kerala

See the news : it is disgusting...

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bi...1597&BV_ID=@@@

If this is the stand of the goverment towards established and growing cities like TVM and CHN.....i doubt the govt has any interest towards our city....

I just cant understand why govt(s) in kerala are so slow to implement things.....may they just dont know the genuine way at all....

so sad to see things like this hapning.....
dinakar no está en línea  
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #2033
Rajesh SM
From "Trivandrum Lobby"

Likes (Received): 965

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinakar View Post
SEZ's awaiting approval.....investers are leaving kerala

See the news : it is disgusting...

http://www.manoramaonline.com/cgi-bi...1597&BV_ID=@@@

If this is the stand of the goverment towards established and growing cities like TVM and CHN.....i doubt the govt has any interest towards our city....

I just cant understand why govt(s) in kerala are so slow to implement things.....may they just dont know the genuine way at all....

so sad to see things like this hapning.....
Surely Dinakar. This will affect the prospects of other cities particularly Calicut which is hoping to get into the IT boom . Many firms who are ready to invest in Kerala is watching this scenario. According to my knowledge, other than Oceanus (who submitted the application for SEZ notification) many biggies like Raheja, Unitech, Mahindra, DLF and Heera had bought/acquiring large parcels of land in Trivandrum. Raheja, Oceanus, Unitech, Heera had already acquired 70, 50, 100, 100 acres respectively. Mahindra and DLF is in the final stages of the acquisiton of 125 and 150 acres respectively.

Dinakar, Sanju Any updates about the Kinalur satellite city and the cyberpark ? Does any private sezs coming in Calicut? I think people like you will have better information regarding this.

Recently heard that Kinfra is going to start three new projects in Kozhidkode. One a marine park, an advandced Technology park and a new electronics park near the existing Hitech park

Last edited by Rajesh SM; April 18th, 2008 at 08:48 AM.
Rajesh SM no está en línea  
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #2034
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
Surely Dinakar. This will affect the prospects of other cities particularly Calicut which is hoping to get into the IT boom . Many firms who are ready to invest in Kerala is watching this scenario. According to my knowledge, other than Oceanus who submitted the application for SEZ notification, may biggies like Raheja, Unitech, Mahindra, DLF and Heera had bought/acquiring large parcels of land in Trivandrum. Raheja, Oceanus, Unitech, Heera had already acquired 70, 50, 100, 100 acres respectively. Mahindra and DLF is in the final stages of the acquisiton of 125 and 150 acres respectively.

Dinakar, Sanju Any updates about the Kinalur satellite city and the cyberpark ? Does any private sezs coming in Calicut? I think people like you will have better information regarding this.

Recently heard that Kinfra is going to start three new projects in Kozhidkode. One a marine park, an advandced Technology park and a new electronics park near the existing Hitech park

Updates on Satalite city and Cyber Park is already posted in Previous thread Rajesh , please go through the thread , hope it will be implemented soon

Old April 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #2035
skumarvclt
Satheesh Kumar

Calicut Views

Old April 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #2036
hsnse
Mysticism of the East

Likes (Received): 12

nice pics, skumarclt......
hsnse no está en línea  
Old April 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #2037
CP
CP

Likes (Received): 0

gr8 pics!!
thanks for sharing!!!
CP no está en línea  
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:43 AM   #2038
hsnse
Mysticism of the East

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh SM View Post
Rajesh, any information material on this piece? Apart from the knowledge park, Kinfra is planning for Calicut, I'm not aware of any other project of theirs.
hsnse no está en línea  
Old April 20th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #2039
Rajesh SM
From "Trivandrum Lobby"

Likes (Received): 965

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsnse View Post
Rajesh, any information material on this piece? Apart from the knowledge park, Kinfra is planning for Calicut, I'm not aware of any other project of theirs.
HsNSE

I dont know too much about this. The information I have is that, Kinfra is planning a Marine park-25 acres(for sea food industry) and the second stage of Hitech park other than the Knowledge park
Rajesh SM no está en línea  
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #2040
gopinath85

Kinfra

rajesh s m where is the location of Kinfra marine food park?
is it in kannur ?
my friend is working as a site superwiser of a mill in kanuur
it is a big project ,he said to me that, there is a food park comming in kannur by Kinfra .

Closed Thread