daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Kerala > Calicut

Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #321
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiogeni View Post
yes sanju, i had seen all photographs earlier. i was just asking if you could get some more snaps. i know you r working in cochin but may be anytime when you return to calicut. i will be visiting the site everyday and will look forward for more snaps.

there dont seem to be many people around who are as enthusiastic and passionate about Calicut as you are. I appreciate your efforts sanju. keep going. hope there will be more people to support you and make it a more lively thread like the Trivandrum one...SSC Calicut needs more sudheeshs ajays shafis and Sanjupalayats(of course)
I will say thank you, scorpio! Yup, the beach road in Calicut already looks quite good. Last time I was there was about 2 years ago, and it was nice.The lack of trees is an issue but I think it will be solved soon. If these proposed projects come up, the stretch will have an impressive set of buildings too.

Hope to see more updates, Sanju, especially on these u/c mall projects. Keep up the good work.
Ajaypp no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old May 10th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #322
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Likes (Received): 374

dear ajay..i will try my level best to post images of u/c malls..think u have seen the updates of reliance retail mall.other malls the construction is yet to start.demolition work of old blue diamond theater is on full swing where pantaloons is goin to come..wait and watch...
sanjupalayat está en línea ahora  
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #323
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjupalayat View Post
dear ajay..i will try my level best to post images of u/c malls..think u have seen the updates of reliance retail mall.other malls the construction is yet to start.demolition work of old blue diamond theater is on full swing where pantaloons is goin to come..wait and watch...
Looking fwd to seeing all those. Btw, is that u/c building that you mentioned as belonging to Reliance Retail acquired by them or are they just leasing space there. I recall that it has been frozen in time for the past few years. I seem to recall seeing it in a similar state in 2000 or 2002 when I had paid a visit to Kozhikode. Why was it delayed for so long and how much space in it is being occupied by the Reliance Retail outlet?
Ajaypp no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #324
sanjupalayat
Calicut

ajay according to some sources..it is completely acquired by reliance..have to see how itz goin to come..that project was designed by a proff from nit and i guess the work started when i was in school..we used to see it in big wonder coz tat was the time when the movie titanic reliesed..so we used to call it titatnic when we pass it in our school bus. the project got delayed due to some planning complications..now it is cleared i guess..ajay when it is finished..i will say its goin to be really posh....in tat already posh commercial hub..oppposite tat building there is another shopping mall named sky tower... so its gonna be really posh...
Old May 12th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #325
sanjupalayat
Calicut

CSI churh near mananchira square..a famous land mark
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #326
sanjupalayat
Calicut

HOTEL SPAN ON JAIL ROAD
Old May 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #327
sputnikd
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

mmmm, that promenade looks mighty fine, much better than any that we have seen in a long time!

Quote:

sputnikd no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #328
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Likes (Received): 96

Now what the promenade really lacks is tree cover. Hopefully in two years it is converted into a cool green walkway, really will give a facelift to beach road.
scorpiogenius no está en línea  
Old May 18th, 2007, 06:44 AM   #329
sanjupalayat
Calicut

yes scorpio...u r right...hope there will be a plan 4 corporation to plant trees there..
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #330
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

Sanju,
You look completely different in your new profile picture...!I must say it is better than the old Karunanidhi-style glass pic!!

Meanwhile could you shed some light on the location of the proposed Cyberpark? Is it in malappuram district? what distance is it from the city? Already IBS,US Software, HCL and SunTech have expressed interest in the project.
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #331
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Quote:
Sanju,
You look completely different in your new profile picture...!I must say it is better than the old Karunanidhi-style glass pic!!

Meanwhile could you shed some light on the location of the proposed Cyberpark? Is it in malappuram district? what distance is it from the city? Already IBS,US Software, HCL and SunTech have expressed interest in the project.
thanx scorpio
no its in kozhikode district only..they r looking 4 some 200 acres of land along the newly constructed pantheerankavu-tondayad streach of bypass,the main advantage of this area is the proximity of airport and city.
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:02 AM   #332
sanjupalayat
Calicut

the newly constructed terminal building of CIA
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:03 AM   #333
sanjupalayat
Calicut

YASHORAM MARINE SKYCITY
Old May 21st, 2007, 07:35 AM   #334
robin_a_p
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 543

Quote:
the newly constructed terminal building of CIA
looks nice... can we have some snaps of interior as well
robin_a_p no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:32 AM   #335
scorpiogenius
K e e p W a l k i n g

marine skycity...looks like a crazy idea. Never seen or heard about that anywhere in the world. Which model is it based upon? honestly, i think it is highly impractical.

I see a monorail in the right inferiormost picture. A road above the monorail or skybus is possible, but built up spaces of that proportion along the corridor is too high imagination... sci-fi, i must say.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM   #336
robin_a_p
Trivandrum Lobby

Likes (Received): 543

Quote:
YASHORAM MARINE SKYCITY
I think a similar one is planned in Kochi as well... Whatz the progress of these projects.
robin_a_p no está en línea  
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:14 AM   #337
sanjupalayat
Calicut

Quote:
marine skycity...looks like a crazy idea. Never seen or heard about that anywhere in the world. Which model is it based upon? honestly, i think it is highly impractical.

I see a monorail in the right inferiormost picture. A road above the monorail or skybus is possible, but built up spaces of that proportion along the corridor is too high imagination... sci-fi, i must say.
scorpio even i am surprised by seein this project in yeshorams website...even they have plans to build a same type of skycity in cochin...so letz wait and see...
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:18 AM   #338
sanjupalayat
Calicut

merina mall u/c coming up at ymca cross road
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM   #339
sanjupalayat
Calicut

some skyscrapers coming at the fast developing mini bypass road,dont know exactly who r the promotors.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM   #340
sanjupalayat
Calicut

site for upcoming dream city project...work already started.

Closed Thread