daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 16th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #241
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozak View Post
Its foudation can contain a 25 levels building! I couldn't believe this. It's so giant.
What materials can stand giant force like this? Wind is very strong at the top. How can you lessen its oscillation? and I wish I could see it right now.
there's a new kind of concrete with carbon fiberes in it. it can handel at least 30% more stress than normal concrete. the strongest normal concrete can take about 70 N/mm2, while concrete with carbon fiberes can take upto 100 N/mm2. the oscillation can be reduced by making the tower more earodynamic or using mass dampers on the top of it.
Tag_one no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #242
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

You will not see anything in the comming few weeks, and I don't think you'll see anything in the comming 2 months either.

This is such a high-profile that Nakheel would prefer to unveil it only on high-profile events.

One such event might be Cityscape 2007, which it will be somewhere in October - November. However there are no assurances that it will happen even there.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:31 AM   #243
Mascalzone
User de Zena

Likes (Received): 15

I can say only

Burj Dubai seems a baby compared to this.

I don't think this monster will be built, not so soon...

Damn I can't believe that!!!
Erzelli Tech Park :: Faro Towers :: Comparto 2 Tower :: MIRA Tower
Mascalzone no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #244
Cyman

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovani kun View Post
Al Burj will happen ..beacuse we need a building that tall in our citys and to make us happy i'm shure it will make me
You are so euphoric about this like you were obsessed.

I hope that if they really go and build the Al Burj, it won't look like what we have seen so far. They have to redesign this because the drawings/renders we know have nothing to do with good design at all and if they plan to go for this height, they should not simply build an ugly tower but something outstanding, original just like the Burj Dubai is representing (at least in my eyes).

If they plan on building Al Burj, why don't they just build Aeropolis 2001 instead? OK, I admit, this would costs zillions of dollars and maybe goes beyond everything achievable today. But I would prefer this design to the (current) Al Burj design anyways.

Last edited by Cyman; June 18th, 2007 at 04:43 AM.
Cyman no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #245
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Thing is it's actually hollow in the middle so it's not as large in terms of floorspace as people think
malec no está en línea  
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #246
Green Jello

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Thing is it's actually hollow in the middle so it's not as large in terms of floorspace as people think
It isn't actually anything. Since they are re-designing it right now, it may not look anything like the early design everyone keeps posting. All anyone knows (Outside of Nakheel) is an approximate height they are shooting for.

Last edited by Green Jello; June 18th, 2007 at 08:33 PM.
Green Jello no está en línea  
Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM   #247
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyman View Post
You are so euphoric about this like you were obsessed.
If they plan on building Al Burj, why don't they just build Aeropolis 2001 instead? OK, I admit, this would costs zillions of dollars and maybe goes beyond everything achievable today. But I would prefer this design to the (current) Al Burj design anyways.
You are funny ..you have compared a vision(Aeropolis 2001) with a building that has the money of the construction assured (Al Burj) Plus they seem to be moving ahead with this project lets hope we hear soon from them anyway If this one doesn't get bult wich is a total crazy idea..we still have the other over 1km that will be constructed wich we all know it's name
giovani kun no está en línea  
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:53 AM   #248
KoolKeatz
█████████

Likes (Received): 102

Like this?!

I think it has to be massive to look good...
KoolKeatz no está en línea  
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #249
Skymyhusband
French dwarf

Likes (Received): 60

Counting the floors, seems to be an enlarged version of a shorter ~800m render.
The basis would be huge compared with extended Burj Dubai basis @150m (total width with podium).
Skymyhusband no está en línea  
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #250
cs88
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Was already a location found for the building??
Dubai Marina Waterfront (look towards the front of the thread and you should see its location).
cs88 no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2007, 04:37 PM   #251
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3395

I used this pic of the site to find the exact location of Al Burj.
[IMG]http://i10.************/4xln91g.jpg[/IMG]

That`s where it is +/- 50m
[IMG]http://i12.************/4pl8keh.jpg[/IMG]

Tom_Green no está en línea  
Old July 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM   #252
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

01/July/2007

Dubai Waterfront , PART 1

looking for the Al Burj , Tom Green's map

many thanks for them

Imre no está en línea  
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:18 AM   #253
AltinD
The Modecator

LOL @ Imre and Tom_Green
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM   #254
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Superstructures of Dubai

From a small pearl-fishing village to an oil-rich city, Dubai has made rapid inroads to emerge as one of the well-known cosmopolitan cities and powerful economies in the world in a very short span of time. A free port, Dubai was popular for electronics, perfumes, gold and designer wear earlier; however now, the city is fast evolving into a realty hub. Stable currency, strong economy, high investment returns, virtually 0% crime rate, vast career opportunities and a clean society are some of the criteria for investing in Dubai real estate.

The real estate boom commenced in Dubai in May 2002, when HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the then Crown Prince of Dubai and the UAE Defense Minister and the present Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Shaikh of Dubai, announced 100% freehold ownership of properties at certain locales in Dubai for all nationalities. Since then, Dubai has experienced a heavy inrush of realty buyers that continues to gather momentum steadily. Dubai is now more synonymous with pioneering towers, modern world’s architectural wonders and skyscrapers.

Ever since man walked the earth, it has always been his endeavor to dominate his surroundings to display his assumed supremacy. This could be best done by constructing magnificently tall and prominent structures. The Pyramids, the Colosseum, the Castles and the Cathedrals were built to express and confirm the dominating position of those who built them. In fact, building the largest or the tallest structures in the world is strongly associated with the most dominant powers of the time.

At present, there are six skyscrapers under construction in Dubai. They are, namely, iconic Burj Dubai, slated to be tallest tower in the world; Burj Al Alam, billed as the tallest residential tower in the world with 108 floors; Marina 101, housing the highest hotel in the world with 101 floors; Princess Tower, one of the highest residential towers in Dubai with 107 floors and Pentominium, the world’s tallest penthouse tower with 120 floors. All of these high-rises are in different phases of planning and construction. The frontrunner among these is the Burj Dubai, which has one floor added to it per week, and is now the second tallest tower in the world at a height of 468.1 m (1,535.8 ft) and 130 storeys. The work on Al Burj has not yet commenced but it is expected to have somewhere between 180 to 200 storeys.

Dubai has one of the highest numbers of towers and skyscrapers under construction on both sides of Shaikh Zayed Road, the upcoming new Dubai. More than 1,850 are in pipeline to be constructed at the Dubai World Central Airport City in Jebel Ali. The work on these super-towers will be complete only by 2015. These skyscrapers are much talked about not merely for their majestic height but also for their designs, architecture and aesthetics.

Although construction of skyscrapers is very expensive, yet it provides large revenues. Conventionally, the tallest towers in the world have become the hub of economic development and usually attract the powerful diplomats, wealthy businessmen, tourists and artists from all over the world. Therefore, superstructures are not only built to express and establish power, but also to assert and accumulate it. With 6 super-towers on various stages of construction in Dubai, the position and importance of the city is sure to rise. When all the towers are complete by 2015 with more than 100 floors, Dubai will be the only city to have several towers with more than 100 floors.

Apart from these skyscrapers, Dubai is also famous its Burj Al Arab, the sail-shaped 7-star hotel; and the Emirates Towers, twin towers with offices and hotel. These structures are not only reputed for their impressive heights but also are the most photographed towers in Dubai due to their striking designs and aesthetic appeal.

Name of the Building
Developer
Height
No. of Floors
Purpose

Al Burj
Nakheel
1200 m (3,937 ft) (Proposed)
200 Floors
Mixed-use

Burj Dubai
Emaar Properties
818m (2,684 ft) (Estimated)
160 Floors
Mixed-use

Pentominium
Trident International Holding
516 m (1,692 ft)
120 Floors
Residential

Burj Al Alam
Fortune Group
455 m (1,492 ft)
108 Floors
Residential

Princess Tower

414 m (1,358 ft)
107 Floors
Residential

Marina 101
Rustar Real Estate& Sheffield Real Estate
412 m (1,351 ft)
101 Floors
Mixed-use

Burj Al Arab

321 m (1053 ft)
60 Floors
Hospitality

Jumeirah Emirates Tower Hotel

355 m (1,163 ft)
56 Floors
Hospitality

Emirates Tower One

309 m(1,014 ft)
54 Floors
54 floors

Source:Gowealthy.com
Imre no está en línea  
Old July 4th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #255
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post

Burj Al Alam
Fortune Group
455 m (1,492 ft)
108 Floors
Residential

The Burj Al Alam tower has 484 meters!!!
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #256
giovani kun
====(^.^)====

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitto View Post
That is true! 484 m is the official height of the building
That is a different tower named Al Alam also developed by the same local real estate developer Nakheel is not our tower
giovani kun no está en línea  
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #257
AltinD
The Modecator

The correct name, developer, height are:

Burj Al Alam, Fortune Group, 484
Un-named aka Tall Tower aka Al Burj, NAKHEEL, 1,200 m (?)

Just to clarify.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM   #258
AltinD
The Modecator

Thank you for the comment ... oups I thought you were talking about the tower.
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #259
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

How deep will the foundation/piling for this tower be, any engineer with an estimation here? And how will they pull it off.

It will certainly take a lot of time before this gets above groundlevel, the foundation will be timecostly. But i guess they have plenty of time before the waterfrontarea is habitable.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea  
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:38 AM   #260
Zardalu
Common Sense User

Likes (Received): 0

Sometimes I think that forums like these bring people together. People who care about what the forum is about. In this case, skyscrapers. But, unfortunately, too many times, it's STILL a case of "I have a bigger dick than you".

I want to see skyscrapers get taller and taller and I don't care if that skyscraper is located in Chicago, New York, Dubai, Hong Kong, Taipei, or a tiny little town in a tiny little country most people have never heard about. If I haven't named "your" city yet, then you are already missing the point...

Skyscrapercity.com is an international community and most people here care about skyscrapers, NOT about nations.

Either way, I think those people pounding their chests or making convoluted statements to somehow make their home country seem the best should consider something: Next time one of you makes a statement, please tell us exactly how YOU PERSONALLY were involved in making your country so great. This forum is for people who love skyscrapers, NO MATTER IN WHICH COUNTRY THOSE ARE LOCATED.

The only thing the "real" skyscraper lovers here care about is if they can one day see that WTB (or ANY of those skyscrapers) in person. Other than that, they really don't care about the country.

Why, on every forum, are there always people who take irrelevant things like country or race or language into consideration?

I don't care where the biggest dick comes from, I don't care who is the world champion in any given sport, I don't care about the nations... I care about the RECORDS.

I think most (unfortunately not all) people on this forum feel the same way...
Zardalu no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
dubai