daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:36 PM   #341
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

this is on swedish news !

Kilometerhög skyskrapa planeras i Dubai

Högst, bäst och dyrast. Dubai strävar mot allt mer extrema mål. Nu rapporteras byggandet av en skyskrapa som mäter över 1 kilometer på höjden ligga i startgroparna.

The Tall Tower eller the Pinacle som byggnaden kallas är i planeringsfasen hos Dubais största byggföretag Nakheel, skriver Dubai-tidningen 7 Days. Enligt de mest spektakulära uppgifterna ska skyskrapans högsta ”beboeliga” våning ligga på 850 meters höjd. På det ska byggas tre stycken 200 meter höga torn som länkas samman av luftbroar.

Samtidigt kommer uppgifter, enligt tidningen, om att Nakheels vd Chris O'Donnel ska ha sansat sig och skalat ned projektet något. -Höjd är inte allt, ska han ha sagt.

2007-08-23 | Publicerad kl. 15:55

Om de högst flygande planerna på den nya skyskrapan blir verklighet kommer den överta titeln som världens högsta byggnad. Den 21 juli i år blev The Burj i Dubai världens högsta byggnad. När den står färdig nästa år väntas den sträcka sig 800 meter upp i luften.

http://www.e24.se/dynamiskt/dyrkultur/did_16825753.asp
vanhenrik no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:50 PM   #342
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

wow the height is great! 1000/178=5.78 meters per floor?!
kix111 no está en línea  
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #343
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

i wanna learn spanish first but who knows, i might after that.
xXFallenXx no está en línea  
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #344
Gattberserk
Smith

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
wow the height is great! 1000/178=5.78 meters per floor?!
That render as some ppl mention is not accurate, at that time the tower was proposed to be at least 700m tall (not 1050)

for the newest update for 1050m design, its 228 floors all the way up to 850m in height above ground floor.
Gattberserk no está en línea  
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #345
Espen

Likes (Received): 0

Translation of swedish article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhenrik View Post
this is on swedish news !

Kilometerhög skyskrapa planeras i Dubai

Högst, bäst och dyrast. Dubai strävar mot allt mer extrema mål. Nu rapporteras byggandet av en skyskrapa som mäter över 1 kilometer på höjden ligga i startgroparna.

The Tall Tower eller the Pinacle som byggnaden kallas är i planeringsfasen hos Dubais största byggföretag Nakheel, skriver Dubai-tidningen 7 Days. Enligt de mest spektakulära uppgifterna ska skyskrapans högsta ”beboeliga” våning ligga på 850 meters höjd. På det ska byggas tre stycken 200 meter höga torn som länkas samman av luftbroar.

Samtidigt kommer uppgifter, enligt tidningen, om att Nakheels vd Chris O'Donnel ska ha sansat sig och skalat ned projektet något. -Höjd är inte allt, ska han ha sagt.

2007-08-23 | Publicerad kl. 15:55

Om de högst flygande planerna på den nya skyskrapan blir verklighet kommer den överta titeln som världens högsta byggnad. Den 21 juli i år blev The Burj i Dubai världens högsta byggnad. När den står färdig nästa år väntas den sträcka sig 800 meter upp i luften.

http://www.e24.se/dynamiskt/dyrkultur/did_16825753.asp
Here is a translation of Vanhenriks article above. Hope this helps!

~~~~

Kilometer high skyscraper planned in Dubai

Tallest, best and most expensive. Dubai is reaching towards ever more extreme goals. Now there are reports that the building of a skyscraper measuring over 1 km tall is at the starting line.

The Tall Tower, or the Pinacle as the building is being called, is in the planning phase at Dubai's largest construction company, Nakheel, writes the Dubai Newspaper 7 Days. According to the most spectacular information, the highest "livable" floor will be at 850 meters height. On top of that there will be build three 200 meter tall towers linked together with air bridges.

At the same time, there are reports, according to the newspaper, that Nakheels CEO Chris O'Donnel has come to his senses and scaled back the project somewhat. "Height isn't everything", he supposedly said.

08-23-2007 | Published 3:55pm

If these high-flying plans for a new skyscraper become reality, it will take over the title as the world's tallest building. On July 21, The Burj Dubai became the world's tallest building. When it is completed next year it is expected to reach 800 meters into the sky.

~~~~
Espen no está en línea  
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #346
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

this is becoming a spam thread again
44p no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #347
jogiba

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Nakheel Designs Al Burj: 1,050m Tower in Dubai

Al Burj (The Tall Tower) project being planned by Nakheel will be 1,050 metres tall, comfortably exceeding the height of the rival Burj Dubai and making it the world’s tallest building.

Nakheel has kept the tower’s height a closely guarded secret as it waits for its more advanced rival, being developed by Emaar Properties, to reach its final height later this year. However, MEED has confirmed that design plans show the tower to be more than 1 kilometre tall, at 1,050 metres.

“At that height, the Tall Tower will definitely be taller than the Burj Dubai,” says a source working on the Burj Dubai. “Emaar has not announced the full height, but the contractors are working to plans for a 700-metre tower, and we expect its final height to be about 800 metres.”

The Burj Dubai became the world’s tallest building on 21 July, at 512 metres, and is due to be completed in 2008.

Designs for the Tall Tower show 228 floors, a four-level basement and one service sub-level – a total built-up area of 1.49 million square metres with 492,000 square metres of useable space. It will house offices, apartments and hotels. The top habitable floor will be at 850 metres, topped by a 200-metre central spire with a three-level function area and three service floors.

However, the location of the tower could change again. It was originally called Al-Burj and destined for Palm Jumeirah, before becoming part of the Dubai Waterfront scheme. Nakheel is still reviewing its options.

“The site has never been fixed and has always been under review in the context of the strategic plan for Dubai,” says a spokesperson for the developer.

According to industry sources, the tower has been forced to move to the Ibn Battuta mall area as it violated Department of Civil Aviation height restrictions because of its proximity to the new Dubai World Central airport at Jebel Ali. Nakheel denies this. “No height restrictions have been placed on Nakheel in the waterfront area by the Department of Civil Aviation,” says the spokesperson.

Tenders for the contract to build the tower are expected early in 2008. Meanwhile, several consultants and contractors are assisting Nakheel with the project. “No pre-construction contract has been awarded or considered at this stage,” says the spokesperson. “We are talking to large-scale contractors, including [Japan’s] Taisei Corporation, to assist with the buildability analysis of the early design of the superstructure.”
http://www.fahad.com/2007/08/nakheel...-tower-in.html
jogiba no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #348
Gattberserk
Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espen View Post
On top of that there will be build three 200 meter tall towers linked together with air bridges.

What does that mean? Meaning Al Burj is not a free standing structure?
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #349
egramsbergen

Likes (Received): 3

no, it means just what it says. It will have a compound spire consisting of three masts connected to each other at certain heights.
egramsbergen no está en línea  
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #350
Gattberserk
Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by egramsbergen View Post
no, it means just what it says. It will have a compound spire consisting of three masts connected to each other at certain heights.
Oh... so its referring to the spire at the top?
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #351
to2101

I'm wonderring if this rendering has been posted before

to2101 no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #352
Espen

I was intrigued by the description of "three spires" as all the renderings that have been posted seem to be of the one that only has two, and none seem to have 200 meter spires with air bridges.. Does anyone have a rendering that would fit the description in that swedish article (or actually the 7 Days original article)?
Espen no está en línea  
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #353
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

None of us have seen renderings for the current design.
Hollie Maea no está en línea  
Old August 28th, 2007, 04:56 AM   #354
TexasSkyWatcher
Supertall fan #1

Likes (Received): 2

I've seen that render before but it's been awhile. I'd be surprised if this tower doesn't get rolling pretty quick given the recent growth rate. My take on it is simple....Dubai has to diversify and they have a deadline. They're gonna do everything they can to insure tourism for decades to come. I'm betting on this one rising before 2015 and it might not be the last megatall tower they build.
TexasSkyWatcher no está en línea  
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:34 AM   #355
vanhenrik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 126

when can we aspekt an anaunsment from nachel that the projekt is going to start or it has died ?
vanhenrik no está en línea  
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:51 AM   #356
waterfront-dubai

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55630&q=alburj
i dont get this video seems so real it was put in march 2007
waterfront-dubai no está en línea  
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #357
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

that video has nothing to do with Al Burj, it shows another tall building
ZZ-II está en línea ahora  
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #358
mole

Likes (Received): 23

Let’s get real here, folks.

Al Burj will not happen anytime soon.

What you have to understand is this: no project of this magnitude happens in Dubai unless it’s approved by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Al Burj will only be built on his say so. As was Burj Dubai. These are NOT competing projects – they are both part of the Sheikh’s vision for Dubai.

If Al Burj is built, it will not be to overtake Burj Dubai. It will be to overtake other projects outside Dubai that are chasing the title of world’s tallest. Until those projects get serious, don’t hold your breath waiting for Al Burj.
mole no está en línea  
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #359
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

The Mile Tower in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) will be 1600 M inshallah (God willing) so let's see if dubai is planning to build 2000 M tower to break the record lol.

Old September 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #360
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
The Mile Tower in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) will be 1600 M inshallah (God willing) so let's see if dubai is planning to build 2000 M tower to break the record lol.
first lets see if this one will be build
ZZ-II está en línea ahora  

Closed Thread

Tags
dubai