daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 31st, 2008, 09:06 PM   #581
jak3m

Likes (Received): 4

It doesn't look like it's in a very nice area :/

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:42 PM   #582
Shadow|Reaper
Dubai Resident

Likes (Received): 0

Edited: Article Already posted... i always struggle to post something first lol

I posted this in the other Al Burj Thread as well:

I am really disappointed from the location of this tower. Its in the middle of nowhere, next to Discovery Gardens and Power Lines... i mean c'mon. we should have more skyscrapers around it. It wont look good that far from the Marina and the location makes no sense... it looks like they were desperate to find a location and just threw it in there. And not to mention that the traffic problems in the gardens are increasing and all we need now is more trucks. I would relocate it somewhere in Downtown Dubai or think of a new downtown for it. I would also like to mention: What the hell is up with all the downtowns? There should be one downtown not 5 different downtowns. What are people on in this country? I mean next to Discovery Gardens? this is a joke. Really disappointed with the location. Should have been in place of the sharp(triangular) tower that has never been built at Business Bay.

OR: The empty site behind the SZR. Create Downtown Al Burj. it would look wayy better than the current site!!

Last edited by Shadow|Reaper; February 1st, 2008 at 02:23 AM.
Shadow|Reaper no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:23 AM   #583
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Korean Construction News-2008.1.31-Al burj Construction Start!

Dubai, the world Supertall building 'al Burj' construction

The building, the people of Dubai World choegocheung 'Burj Dubai' reminds me. However, from now on the new high-rise Dubai bildingin 'al Buzz' ( 'high tower' means) is a person who seems ohreunaeril mouth frequently.

Dubai, already renowned as a national project developer ingongseom nakilyi height of a new world 1000m choegocheung building 'al Buzz' because construction has already begun.

Local media in Dubai on October 30 (local time) in France soltangswe Bridge (Soletanche Bachy) nakilrobuteo 'al Buzz' basic framework of the construction contracts and orders have already started the construction said.

Current World choegocheung bildingin 'Burj Dubai' is the end of the year so far, but will continue wangongdoel height of the dog is not disclosed as' Al Buzz 'for the project's detail nakildo mouth firmly shut.

A spokesman for the nakilui "Any construction companies do not officially chosen," saying he "just a little bit of a French company to start construction," he said.

" 'Al Buzz' is the name used as a temporary project, the details of which will not yet have an official end to the first half of this year, the project ttaejjeumyina decimal expression will be possible," he said.

The blueprint, which was first released in 2006 'al Buzz' project is approximately 1000m high, 228 on the ground floor of a fifth-floor underground, yeonmyeonjeok jieojil been known to 1.49 million square meters in size.

Local media reported that 'Al Buzz' was originally planned as part of the project, please notify next to the Waterfront, but now, through the Sheikh Zayed Road and the Dubai Mall, and batuta yibeun Lake jumeyira between the tower would be built.
korea2002 no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:41 AM   #584
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

'Al Buzz'

To infinity, and beyond!!
dettol no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:44 AM   #585
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Good thing Google Korean to English translator won't be naming this tower.

Hollie Maea no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:46 AM   #586
Andrey992

Likes (Received): 2

I think we should change the title of this thread, from "PRO" to "U/C"
Andrey992 no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:50 AM   #587
dettol
Logarithm

I think this thread should be renamed to 'Al Buzz'!!
dettol no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:50 AM   #588
sapmi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 96

Is it soon U/C??????????????????

Last edited by sapmi; February 1st, 2008 at 08:05 PM.
sapmi no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:51 AM   #589
dettol
Logarithm

Pilling and ground work are ready to begin
dettol no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:43 AM   #590
Andrey992

Likes (Received): 2

--

Last edited by wjfox; February 1st, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
Andrey992 no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 06:38 AM   #591
Shahid

Likes (Received): 101

shit location... why next to factory ?
Shahid no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:43 AM   #592
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
A spokesman for the nakilui "Any construction companies do not officially chosen," saying he "just a little bit of a French company to start construction," he said.

just for clarification , all info which was in the media from the Skyscrapercity (thanks for djamel05 and me ), nothing confirmed by the Nakheel yet.
Imre no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM   #593
PurePaki
HalfIndian

Likes (Received): 132

--

Last edited by wjfox; February 1st, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
PurePaki no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM   #594
Jesse24

Likes (Received): 418

--

Last edited by wjfox; February 1st, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
Jesse24 no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM   #595
cstubbies

1.49 million square meters of floor space would also make it by far the largest building in the world in terms of area.
cstubbies no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM   #596
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Work On Building To Beat The World's Tallest Begins

Thursday 31st of January 2008
Even as this west Asian metropolis awaits the completion of the Burj Dubai, the world's tallest building, towards the end of this year, work on its rival, also in Dubai, has started.

French firm Solantache Bachy has started work on the building, tentatively named Al Burj or 'Tall Tower', being developed by the Dubai government-owned real estate giant Nakheel, according to local media reports.

When completed, the Al Burj will be over a kilometre tall and will easily beat Emaar Properties' Burj Dubai, which is unofficially the tallest manmade structure in the world as of now.

Though Emaar has kept the Burj Dubai's final height a closely guarded secret, it is expected to be 900 metres tall when completed.

Although the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat officially recognizes the height of a building only when it is completed, the Burj Dubai, being built at a cost of $4.2 billion, surpassed the CN Tower in Toronto, Canada, as the world's largest free-standing structure in September last year.

A spokesman for Nakheel told Construction Week magazine that Solantache Bachy has started testing work on the site of the Al Burj.

It is common practice in this region for firms to start work on a project before officially being awarded the contract.

The magazine, quoting Nakheel sources, has tipped the French firm as the one likely to win the piling and foundations work of the Al Burj. The company had also done the piling and foundations work of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, at one time the world's tallest building.

Previous reports suggested that Nakheel would officially unveil the project by announcing the award of the contract in March, but another Nakheel official told the Arabian Business website that a more realistic date would be towards the end of the first half of this year.

Initial designs show the Al Burj as having all of 228 floors with a four-level basement and one service sub-level.

According to Construction Week, the total built up area will be 1.49 million square metres, with 492,000 square metres of usable space. The development will house offices, apartments and hotels.

The highest habitable floor will be at 850 metres, which will be topped by a 200-metre central spire with a three-level function area and three service floors.

Though the super-tall structure was originally proposed to be built in the Dubai Waterfront area, the location has now been moved to between Jumeirah Lake Towers and Ibn Battuta Mall on Sheikh Zayed Road, an area marked by a large number of skyscrapers.

Meanwhile, head of Nakheel's building division Robeert Lee told the Xpress weekly in an interview that the Al Burj would be a combination of offices and residential apartments.

He went on to add that the race for the world's tallest building might never really be over.

'The whole idea of the tallest tower is really fleeting,' he was quoted as saying.

Lee said that once a building reached a certain height, going a few hundred metres extra doesn't require as much of additional design, materials and time as one would think.

'The same amount of effort will be taken whether it's 888 (metres) or a kilometre,' he said.

'There will always be someone who wants to challenge the imagination.'
http://newspostindia.com/report-34594
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM   #597
Shadow|Reaper
Dubai Resident

1. As i said before the location sucks!
2. This Topic must be stickied
3. Progress changed to U/C!!!!
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM   #598
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid View Post
shit location... why next to factory ?
Why not shift the factory (which is actually a power plant)
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea  
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM   #599
Shadow|Reaper
Dubai Resident

I really hope they have some stunning plans for ALL the areas around the Al Burj. Otherwise i wouldn't be too happy about it.
Old February 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM   #600
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

that's whats probably going to happen

Closed Thread

Tags
dubai