daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 05:52 AM   #121
kelw

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitak747 View Post
Why aren't there any advertisments on the newer trams like this one?
kelw no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:22 PM   #122
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18172

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelw View Post
Why aren't there any advertisments on the newer trams like this one?
There are only a few of these new trams (3 I believe, and 1 is always sitting in the garage), and they were deployed as test vehicles. Due to lacklustre public interest in these new designs, the plan to replace the entire fleet with these models has been scrapped.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #123
kelw

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
There are only a few of these new trams (3 I believe, and 1 is always sitting in the garage), and they were deployed as test vehicles. Due to lacklustre public interest in these new designs, the plan to replace the entire fleet with these models has been scrapped.
Sorry if I didn't make the question clear. I actually wanted to know why they kept the exterior of the new trams bare, instead of covering them with advertisments as they do with the older trams.
kelw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:28 AM   #124
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Sorry if I didn't make the question clear. I actually wanted to know why they kept the exterior of the new trams bare, instead of covering them with advertisments as they do with the older trams.
I think the fact that they're test trams makes them different and hence not subject to the typical advertising agreements.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #125
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old November 29th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #126
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think the fact that they're test trams makes them different and hence not subject to the typical advertising agreements.
As I remember, the new trams are fleet number 169, 170 and 171. They are prototype tram as hk said. The plan tried to convert the fleet into a/c vehicles. But the a/c requires a lot of power and overload the electric system, so the plan didn't go.

I think the reason they aren't "dressed" with ads is becuase these new trams bodies aren't the same as rest of the fleet. The ads aren't painted on the vehicle body but self-adhesive posters that sticks on the vehicle bodies. The posters are tailor-made to fit the windows and doors of the regular vehicles which do not fit well with the prototype trams. Probably not worthy to tailor-made another cutting dimension for just three trams, and decided to just leave them blank.
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #127
hkskyline
Hong Kong

I see 169 and 170 out regularly but I believe 171 has always sat in the depot and never used for passenger service.

Old December 4th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #128
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Tram driver suspended over fatality
3 December 2007
South China Morning Post

Police are investigating the death of a 56-year-old man who was knocked down by a tram in Western District yesterday.

Ho Tze-yin, was crossing the road at the junction of Des Voeux Road West and Centre Street at about 12.30pm when he was hit by the tram, which was heading to Kennedy Town.

The tram driver braked but was unable to stop in enough time and ran over the man, trapping him underneath.

Firefighters freed him but he was taken to Queen Mary Hospital in critical condition with head injuries and declared dead at about 3pm.

An initial investigation found Ho had ignored the traffic lights when he started to cross the road.

Police said that although the tram driver, 27, passed a breathalyser test with a low reading, he had consumed alcohol before the accident.

"A verbal warning was given to the driver," a police spokesman said.

The driver, who has been in the job for a year, was immediately suspended.

Traffic in the area and tram services were halted for about one hour while rescuers were removing the man from under the tram.

Ho was a retired civil servant, who had spent decades working as an engineer with the Housing Department. He was divorced and lived in Western District.

The Special Investigation Team of Traffic, Hong Kong Island, is investigating the case.

Officers urged anyone who witnessed the accident to come forward and contact the police on 31068838 or 31068800.

Old December 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #129
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Actually, I saw today 3 of those new trams in full body ads!!!

Old December 10th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #130
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

here the new ads come!!!!!!! looking nice.
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #131
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old December 15th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #132
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old December 23rd, 2007, 06:37 AM   #133
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old December 29th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #134
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old January 13th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #135
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old January 19th, 2008, 06:02 AM   #136
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Source : http://www.fotop.net/GaryLee/

Old February 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #137
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old March 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #138
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old March 13th, 2008, 06:45 AM   #139
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Old March 17th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #140
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Tags
hongkong, tram