daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #1001
ruslan33

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVentz View Post
This problem is solving in Moscow. Almost all old 5-floor panel buildings with poor thermal protection were demolished. Repairable series of 9-floor houses with poor thermal protection are warmed, old windows are changed to tight double-glazed ones. All new buildings already have them. An I have only two incandescent lamps at home: in the refrigerator and the oven. All other are luminescent and I think about diodes. Do I use electricity wastefully?

You can transport electricity on distance of 100 kilometres but you can not do this with hot water. You have to heat it locally, near the consumption. So, if you move CHPs outside the city you can not use the benefits of CHP at all, you can use them only as ordinary thermal power station wasting all 'superfluous' energy of hot water. And you must heat water and warm houses using more power from other sources.

OK, I'll try to explain it easier. You want to have:

1 unit of electricity,
1 unit of hot drinking water and
1 unit of hot water for warming houses.

You build the CHP in the city and you have all of them at once. You have one CHP producing:

1 unit of electricity,

Now you say: what an ugly pipes, I don't like them! You decided to move power station outside the city. In gives you 1 unit of electricity and nothing more. Nothing. But you need hot water! 2 units of it! How will you get them? You don't like pipes, so you should use the electricity. But you have only one unit of it an you already use it. So, you must build more powerful power station, three times more powerfull. Three times more dirty. And now you are producing:

3 units (!!!) of electricity,

And you are still use only:

1 unit of electricity,

2 units of electricity power are wasting just because you don't like pipes. I don't think anyone outside this thread doesn't like pipes so much. Hopefully people who make decisions have brains.
Who said that you need to export hot water to housing. Each flat/building should have it's own heat boiler or each resident should have their own boiler to make warm water. This is how we doing it in Europe. This is not only better but you know that in summer time in Russia they close warm water for some days to renew the old pipes. Just horrible ! If each home/flat had their own boiler and heat equipment you would not had cold showers in the summer
ruslan33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #1002
Gamma-Hamster
BANNED

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan33 View Post
Who said that you need to export hot water to housing.
Each flat/building should have it's own heat boiler or each resident should have their own boiler to make warm water.
Let me think... how about "No,gtfo!" ?

Zefire liked this post
Gamma-Hamster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #1003
ruslan33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma-Hamster View Post
Let me think... how about "No,gtfo!" ?
So you don't want Moscow to modernise ? The old rusty pipesystem of hot drinking water need to be modernized anyway in Moscow.
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #1004
KVentz

Likes (Received): 1657

Quote:
Who said that you need to export hot water to housing. Each flat/building should have it's own heat boiler or each resident should have their own boiler to make warm water.
So you must burn up to three times more fuel. One time for electricity in a power plants and two times for hot water and warming in houses. And you still blame us for power wasting?

Quote:
This is how we doing it in Europe.
That's fine, more gas Russia will sell to you.

Quote:
This is not only better but you know that in summer time in Russia they close warm water for some days to renew the old pipes.
14 days (about 10 days this summer in my house in fact) for old systems. And there is no warm water closing in houses with modern water network. It was in USSR when warm water closed for three weeks in summer because people paid for months and paid for one week as a full month. Now we have the water counters and water company is unprofitable to leave us without hot water for a long time.
KVentz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:40 AM   #1005
Zollern

Likes (Received): 15

What's happened to the IBC thread?
It seems to have turned into an interminable debate about Moscow heating systems and pipes and hot drinking water and the forming of lakes...
Zollern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #1006
ruslan33

Quote:
So you must burn up to three times more fuel. One time for electricity in a power plants and two times for hot water and warming in houses. And you still blame us for power wasting?

That's fine, more gas Russia will sell to you.

14 days (about 10 days this summer in my house in fact) for old systems. And there is no warm water closing in houses with modern water network. It was in USSR when warm water closed for three weeks in summer because people paid for months and paid for one week as a full month. Now we have the water counters and water company is unprofitable to leave us without hot water for a long time.
And yes the air in Moscow is still 100 times worser then in any metropole in Europe.

Do you know why there is no warm water closing in summer in modern houses/flats ?

Cause they have a BOILER installed

P.s In belgium we use a lot of energy from green renewable energy resources like wind power and solar energy. Something Russia should learn from Europe instead of wasting energy and money.
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #1007
Aemilia

Likes (Received): 35

come back to thread pls
Aemilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #1008
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 51894

[IMG]http://******************/im/24351546.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://******************/ih/23731066.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://******************/ih/6455974.jpg[/IMG]

Zaz965 liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #1009
russianpride

Likes (Received): 3321

Oasis-Bangkok

Great photos!

Do you speak Russian?
russianpride no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #1010
harsh1802
MAVerick

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpride View Post
Oasis-Bangkok

Great photos!

Do you speak Russian?
I don't see anything!

Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #1011
russianpride

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh1802 View Post
I don't see anything!
I did not post any photos. I just said that I like photos from Oasis-Bangkok post
Old July 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #1012
KVentz

Quote:
And yes the air in Moscow is still 100 times worser then in any metropole in Europe.
Motor transport gives 83% of air pollution in Moscow.

Quote:
Do you know why there is no warm water closing in summer in modern houses/flats ?

Cause they have a BOILER installed
I have already said that in some regions of Moscow there is no warm water closing in summer. And NO boilers.

Quote:
P.s In belgium we use a lot of energy from green renewable energy resources like wind power and solar energy.
I'm happy for you. You have no other way because you don't have enough mineral resources and you don't want to depend on Russia and other suppliers. That's simple.
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #1013
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Poster of upcoming film "The Forbidden Reality" (Запрещённая Реальность), which premier will be on 8th October. Probalby there will be some IBC shots)

And concept of upcoming film "Black Lightning" (Чёрная Молния) (31st December), where it will be scene with car landed on one of the floors of skyscrapers, and scenes in "Mall of Russia".

Zefire liked this post
poxuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #1014
ruslan33

Quote:
Motor transport gives 83% of air pollution in Moscow.

I have already said that in some regions of Moscow there is no warm water closing in summer. And NO boilers.

I'm happy for you. You have no other way because you don't have enough mineral resources and you don't want to depend on Russia and other suppliers. That's simple.
Were do you get the warm water from in new Moscow housing if the warm water pipeliens are closed in the summer ? A friend of mine leaves close to Nordstar tower in Moscow and last summer they closed the warm water. He only get's warm water by heating it up in their Boiler.
Old July 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #1015
russianpride

Quote:
Were do you get the warm water from in new Moscow housing if the warm water pipeliens are closed in the summer ?
Water pipelines are closed only for 10-15 days maximum because of maintance.

Quote:
A friend of mine leaves close to Nordstar tower in Moscow and last summer they closed the warm water. He only get's warm water by heating it up in their Boiler.
It is not true. He lies.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:17 AM   #1016
K-ON MIO
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxuy View Post
Poster of upcoming film \"The Forbidden Reality\" (Запрещённая Реальность), which premier will be on 8th October. Probalby there will be some IBC shots)

And concept of upcoming film \"Black Lightning\" (Чёрная Молния) (31st December), where it will be scene with car landed on one of the floors of skyscrapers, and scenes in \"Mall of Russia\".

I might watch it.

Zefire liked this post
K-ON MIO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #1017
ruslan33

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpride View Post
Water pipelines are closed only for 10-15 days maximum because of maintance.

It is not true. He lies.
No it was only closed for 3 days but they get warm water by heating it up by modern gas boilers

Old July 28th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #1018
KVentz

Quote:
Were do you get the warm water from in new Moscow housing if the warm water pipeliens are closed in the summer ?
From another pipe. Is it so hard to guess?
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM   #1019
Samrat

Likes (Received): 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiH View Post
a big, and the biggest one
Can sombody translate this poem(?)from Portuguese to English
Samrat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #1020
MakZer
mk