daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2006, 08:55 PM   #341
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6298

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyevildude
Not legally, it's worth several hundred pound for the full version. But if you have bittorrent you'll have no problems finding it .
It's worth several hundred pounds..?? Jeezus! So how come so many people are always saying 'you've abviously photoshopped this image' or something like that. How can so many people have it if it costs a bomb? What does everyone else here use to create these renderrings of new skylines and such things? BitTorrent has always been a bit confusing for me to be honest.

BTW, I'm not totally convinced about the 'Three Sisters' project either, that's not to say it looks horrible, its just that I can't really make out whether its gonna look good there or not. It might start a whole new cluster...that makes about 8 now doesn't it...

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2006, 11:50 AM   #342
timo
Weaste Infection

Likes (Received): 118

everyone has it cos everyone downloads it!
timo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 12:49 PM   #343
Zenith
Trainee Apprentice MOD

Likes (Received): 1537

I understand that photoshop and other programs of its calibre have a lot put into them but I think its disgusting that were expected to pay extortionate prices for these pieces of software, esp the average person on the street. And someone like me needs this software for our work. What the hell do they expect ???

Oh and I know people who work for sony and they pirate as much as anyone.
Zenith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 02:38 PM   #344
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith
I understand that photoshop and other programs of its calibre have a lot put into them but I think its disgusting that were expected to pay extortionate prices for these pieces of software, esp the average person on the street. And someone like me needs this software for our work. What the hell do they expect ???

Oh and I know people who work for sony and they pirate as much as anyone.
Photoshop isn't aimed at normal people. We're meant to use things like photoshop elements and other programmes. They generally cost 40-60 pound which isn't too bad to be fair. Photoshoped is aimed at the proffesional adervertising industry. These business profit enourmously from having photoshop and hence the high price tag. I don't really think Adobe are too bothered about ordanary people who just want to play about 'stealing' photoshop as they are well aware if we couldn't steal it we certainly wouldn't buy it. So they're not really losing out in anyway.

But we are getting way off topic here, so lets bring it back shall we?
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 05:24 PM   #345
Zenith
Trainee Apprentice MOD

Likes (Received): 1537

yes your right of course....i was in a major grumpy when i wrote that and so i was moaning ...ignore it !

Back tp topic....ummm what was it again ?
Zenith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 05:57 PM   #346
themongrel

Likes (Received): 0

has anyone heard of a tower in cw called the firalia tower? i saw a pic on emporis that said it was a 300M. is this a new project or am i just digging up old plans
themongrel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM   #347
themongrel

Likes (Received): 0

sorry on skyscraperpage not emporis, it does say its a fantasy project but nowhere else on the web talks about it
themongrel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 06:11 PM   #348
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 6361

It's made up.
DarJoLe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #349
birminghamculture
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Lots road towers have been given the go ahead aswell
birminghamculture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #350
iñaki-garcia
Mucho toche!!

Likes (Received): 104

Awesome London
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:34 PM   #351
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birminghamculture
Lots road towers have been given the go ahead aswell
Is this very recent news? You know the routine man, we want articles and pictures, so start dishing the goods

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:38 PM   #352
YunuS
Wereldburger

Likes (Received): 18

nice skyline!
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM   #353
birminghamculture
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Think these are um, but not sure, Im from Birmingham

Tower 1 is 122m and 37 storeys, Tower 2 is 85m and 25 storeys

Last edited by birminghamculture; February 1st, 2006 at 07:53 PM.
birminghamculture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:35 PM   #354
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

02 Feb 2006 > Lots Road Towers Finally Approved

Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has finally approved the twin tower development at Lots Road in Chelsea in London after a much fought over public inquiry and acrimonious five year journey through the planning process.
The issues with the towers stemmed from the fact that the project straddled two different councils with the borough of Kensington and Chelsea had refused planning permission to the scheme whilst the neighbouring borough of Hammersmith and Fulham had approved it.
Mindful of the fact that Kensington and Chelsea opposed development whilst Hammersmith and Fulham did not the developer, Circadian Ltd had had their original plans rearranged so the taller of the two towers would stand in Fulham rather than Chelsea helping to strengthen their case.
Despite this compromise they were still unable to secure planning permission even with the planning committee at Chelsea being presented a report from their own planners recommending approval and so the developer appealed to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister who reviewing the planning inspectors report found no good reason why the development should not progress.
Much of the opposition from Chelsea residents came from the nearby Chelsea Harbour development, ironically this included occupiers of the 77 metre tall Belvedere Tower who in typical NIMBY fashion oppose a close similar high-rise development they don’t live in.
Arguments given against the tower in Chelsea included concerns about the height of the tower that at 85 metres is only 5 metres taller than the Belvedere Tower, plus worries about the impact the scheme could have on the local transport infrastructure and increased traffic to the area.
The towers have been designed by Terry Farrell & Partners and will be 37 and 25 floors, the tallest will be 122 metres and was when originally proposed the tallest residential tower in London. Their approval is also expected to see other developments for the area finally surface, at least one other prominent architect is known to be working on a residential tower of a similar height to these.
There's no word on when marketing of the accommodation will begin but thanks to the prime location they occupy there should be no shortage of buyers and those penthouses should fetch a rather hefty premium.

Old February 6th, 2006, 09:16 PM   #355
Citrus-Fruit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Another office tower has been given approval

and these are better renders of the approved Lots road towers

heres another tower that will be located near to them

[img]http://i1.************/n3u981.jpg[/img]
Citrus-Fruit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM   #356
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

Last edited by wjfox; February 20th, 2006 at 02:44 AM.
wjfox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2006, 02:45 AM   #357
wjfox
Futurist

A new rendering I did today - the 'nice and sunny' version

Old February 20th, 2006, 03:18 AM   #358
Dan1987

Likes (Received): 1

nice! any plans to add 201 Bishopsgate?
Dan1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:23 AM   #359
Medo

Likes (Received): 522

Absolutely amazing render

well done Will
Medo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #360
wjfox
Futurist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1987
nice! any plans to add 201 Bishopsgate?
No. It will barely be visible in this view.