daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #121
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 891

That Moscow pic looks amazing but the one of London is still better...
Mr Bricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:01 PM   #122
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

yeah coth im not being nasty but this is a thread about 'London'. If a thread comes up about a city in europe you dont have to come in and brag that 'Oh no London wont be as good as Moscow cause we have more'.

Even if you have more, London is a place of quality not quantity, something i tell that the architects in Moscow dont understand. <This is being nasty.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #123
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

Quote:
quote by eXSBass

Like I said, I am sure all of these will go up. Im just pissed at London overall. Doesn't make me a pessimist, although you may have been refering to someone else, but **** it, we'll show those Parisians and Frankfurters who's boss by 2012. Especially Moscow - our new found enemy.

To reference to that render:
In comparison to Canary Wharf how big is Manhattan Skyline?

you all have to agree: no one in the world can keep a thread about proposals (of which most won't get built) in city with lots of talk but hardly any action always on top of this forum like this handfull of brits here. we already have seen such future london skyline simulations in the past and they always were wrong (=overly optimistic). the arogant attitude towards other cities doesn't make this thread more interesting.

the comment made by exsbass is especially arogant. there are more comments like this in the british forum. it seems, for some people building skyscrapers is a matter of life and death. cities with much more skyscraper construction in europe like moscow are being declared new enemies. others like madrid or istanbul get ignored.
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:02 PM   #124
Newcastle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiPoika
That Moscow pic looks amazing but the one of London is still better...
You have good taste, suomi.
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #125
Newcastle Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD
you all have to agree: no one in the world can keep a thread about proposals (of which most won't get built) in city with lots of talk but hardly any action always on top of this forum like this handfull of brits here. we already have seen such future london skyline simulations in the past and they always were wrong (=overly optimistic). the arogant attitude towards other cities doesn't make this thread more interesting.

the comment made by exsbass is especially arogant. there are more comments like this in the british forum. it seems, for some people building skyscrapers is a matter of life and death. cities with much more skyscraper construction in europe like moscow are being declared new enemies. others like madrid or istanbul get ignored.
Umm, coth came in here boasting, just like ive seen parisians do. It seems whenever a London thread starts some other jealous people from other parts of europe come in and try and brag.

oh, and by the way, most of these arent proposals now, they are approved. They will get built. London started 5 100m+ buildings this year. I know thats not as much as some other places, but the real building boom is expected 2007/2008. In 2006/2007 alot of the leases on current buildings run out, and these will be demolished to make way for the scrapers. Lots of little things that we were not prepared for when the first wave of proposals came out went unforseen. Now, we are educated to all the problems these buildings most overcome before construction, and we are now able to make more accurate predictions.
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #126
Munch

Likes (Received): 1

wow... i came on here to read about london's skyline predictions for 2012, why is this thread full of moscow stuf??? Does moscow not get enough attention in its own threads?
Munch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:55 PM   #127
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

Quote:
Originally Posted by London
Ooouuuch! Moscow looks painful. I'd hate to go there in a hurry.

But, Russia tower is nowhere near that height anymore. Remember they shortend it and changed its design.

Now, some people say the design "looks like its underconstruction'' or ''looks like a flying sourcer crashed ontop of it'' :loL:
Russia tower has not been shortended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastle kid
Umm, coth came in here boasting, just like ive seen parisians do. It seems whenever a London thread starts some other jealous people from other parts of europe come in and try and brag.
it wasn't me who started comparision. i was only stated that comparision is wrong.

Quote:
yeah coth im not being nasty but this is a thread about 'London'. If a thread comes up about a city in europe you dont have to come in and brag that 'Oh no London wont be as good as Moscow cause we have more'.
i have to remind here again. that comparision was started not by russian or muscovite.

Quote:
Even if you have more, London is a place of quality not quantity, something i tell that the architects in Moscow dont understand. <This is being nasty.
if it meake you feel more confident you may think so, but it still doesn't make truth in this statement. london will be as so good in quality as moscow. not better, not worse.
Old December 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #128
London
New York

Likes (Received): 0

Coth, as much as i respect you... in all truths, you cannot compare Russias Moscow to Uk's London. The difference is far too great for that to happen just yet. Its like running before you can walk

London is full of quality. Much more than Moscow, i know you'll agree.

London is full of quantity. Much more than Moscow, i know you'll agree.

If you ever take a stroll down any parts of greater London, comprising of the west end, oxford street, piccadilly, victoria, liverpool station et cetera, the place is bursting with high catagory groundscrapers.
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:06 PM   #129
Newcastle Guy

I do find Moscow beatiful, but only the old architecture. Hire some british architects, and you may find yourself compareable to London
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #130
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6818

No. London is not highriser city like Moscow, San Paulo, Shanghai and Beijing.

As for quality.
First class skyscrapers is not better and is not worse in London than in Moscow. London currenly has three boxies in canary wharf and swiss re. all other skyscrapers isn't really great. moscow has stalin's highrises, scarlet sails, triumph palace of high quality. and other with lower quality. for future ft, parcel 12, city of capitals, naberezhnaya tower, 17-18ibc, russia tower, international centre, park huaming, house on mosfilmovskaya etc. all of them are high quality. as for commieblocks. moscow building commieblocks v2.0+. I never seen anyone not one photo from London with at least v2.0.
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:38 PM   #131
Newcastle Guy

Oh please. We are talking about future London here. Swiss pisses on anything in Moscow. As for the to be tallest Russia tower, have you SEEN the redisgn? Russia tower? No my friend, crap tower.
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #132
Zenith
Trainee Apprentice MOD

Likes (Received): 1537

can we please not allow yet another London thread to be sabotaged ! This isnt city vs city. Dont even mention previous bad posts, just move on starting from now !......
Zenith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 10:54 PM   #133
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

^ Agreed. I will close this thread if there's any more trouble.
wjfox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 11:17 PM   #134
gunners

people seem to have lost there way to as what this thread is about. the whole point of it is that we discuss the possibilities for LONDON'S proposed and under construction sky scapers. as for moscow, good for them that there building a tall building, its about time moscow got some recognition but as i said this thread is about london so lets keep it that way.
gunners no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 12:10 AM   #135
Lance
Most ignored user!

Likes (Received): 3

Jesus H!!!! Why does this crap always have to break out? Someone always comes in and makes a comment about how its all talk and no action..... who gives a shit... if it happens it happens, if not then not. We are still entitled to talk about what MIGHT happen just as you are.

Also... the response from some of the U.K forumers is particularly stupid. You moan about someone coming in saying theres is better.... they are all arrogant and big headed.... then you go and say exactly the same things. Get over it.

In short...

non-london people, read, comment about the context then carry go make a thread about your city where we can all come in and comment about the context.

london people, shut the **** up!!!!!
Lance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 02:12 AM   #136
London
New York

This is strictly about London. All goes well when talking about the projects and looking at amaxzing new renderings, but then another City gets in the way (moscow) and the thread turns into ''no mans land'' -- im appalled
Old December 31st, 2005, 01:42 PM   #137
Lance
Most ignored user!

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfox2002

I can't believe how dense it will look. What is the building next to Riverside South? Looks quite large? I hope I dont get any blocked views of the city from 8 canada square.
Lance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2005, 01:57 PM   #138
Newcastle Guy

That is Heron quays west I think. Its in Preplanning and is 214m tall.
Old December 31st, 2005, 02:00 PM   #139
Newcastle Guy

Here are some renders i got off Skyscraper news:

Old December 31st, 2005, 02:01 PM   #140
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 891

"You have good taste, suomi."

Just because i think London looks better??
Mr Bricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote