daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #441
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Shemp
Thanks (AltinD) for getting back on track.

BTW, you still live with your parents, so ask them if it is proper to give out accusations about people without backing it up? I've never "whined" about anybody's pic quality.

I thought this thread is for u/c BD PICS and technical speculation and observations. Not what camera takes the best pics. Put it in the UAE BD thread. Or BETTER YET, at the top of the page PRIVATE MESSAGE each other. Jan would like traffic on the link.

You must be confused with the other forumers you hate

i completely agree with altin, notice i am living with my parents while he is twice as old as me.

and you are talking bullshit:

Quote:
DL. Why did you trick me?

When I saw your name heading on this thread, I thought: " HERE WE GO....NEW PICS!!".

Quote:

It looks like it's about time to post nice, professional shots to compare 1/2005 and 1/2006 (photos actually taken at those dates).
Great work renderers!
Quote:
Keep taking photos from your secret areas D-LVR. When this thing gets 300m, then everybody will be sending crappy photos. Yours have been the best quality (and the best close-ups), so far.

Keep up the good work DL. You, and only a couple others, are THE ONLY ONES sending high quality shots of this beast.

I've noticed others here are just talk and want to be somebody they're not.

you behaviour pisses me off honestly.

there would be more quality in this thread if you would just watch.

i am not the only one btw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyevildude
As much as Dubaiflo can be abit of a hot head, he does give alot of valuble contribution to the forums, posts articles, renders and makes some worthwhile discussion. All I've seen from you is constant asking for more or better updates. So I would pick flo over you any time.

You have to realise it is not that easy to get pictures of this tower. There is no reason to be near it other than to take picture so it means a special trip for anyone who goes. You should be thankful they are willing to go down as often as they do. Most people would not be. You can't expect them to go even more often and get a shot of every angle, especially when it'll be alot of effort to show little progress.

Now shut up and stop spamming the thread with constant demands.

[/rant]
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #442
warnings
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven
Thanks for showing the pics again and spamming the thread with your thoroughly pointless post.....how many floors, are you taking the piss??
How was that spamming.
warnings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #443
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

because you asked how many floors does the tower have when the floors are already labeled on the photo.

If you were asking how many floors in total the tower will have then the answer is 59
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #444
warnings
BANNED

Thats what I was trying to say but still I wont call that spamming.
warnings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 04:31 AM   #445
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

this beauty is growing so fast too !!! perhaps at the same speed as SWFC does....

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 07:08 AM   #446
Darth Shemp
Armani

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo

i completely agree with altin, notice i am living with my parents while he is twice as old as me.
and you are talking bullshit:
Dubaiflo my baby:

I always knew that since you found out I was a woman, you had some special attention given to me.
I think you are actually falling in love because I get your blood pumping.

But alas, I cannot accept you because it is against the law to date somebody of your age. At 16, you are just too young:

October 2nd, 2005, 12:12 AM #190 Dubai_Boy
OMG , i just realized something i will be 72 in 50 years time how depressing !!
October 2nd, 2005, 12:33 AM #192 dubaiflo
but he is right... i will be 67...

Just think.....
You can not buy me a drink and/or take me to a club dancing in Dubai!!!!! What if I want to go to your place at the end of a wonderful nights dancing
and I have to go to your room so your parents cant hear us. I would hate that, so when I visit next year, I will have to say .....

"sorry Flo my sweet baby"

Here is my summary on dubaiflo. It involves a little math, so I hope you did your homework today flo:

7,500 posts since Jan. '05 = 20posts per day + 16 (yrs. old) + Lives with parents = needs a woman (I mean girl) = get out a little and have some fun!

NOTE: Burj Dubai NEWS: I hope when they open the building to visitors, will you will be old enough to enter the observation decks without a guardian?

You also posted a few pictures of yourself in the forum stating that you look like Orlando Bloom, and it started to get me excited:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...30&postcount=8

But when I saw it, you actually look more like Stan Laurel:

Have a nice day.
It's the weekend........ TIME TO DANCE!!!!!! (and shop)

Update:
Little boys will one day learn, my lover.

I knew it was 17. I said 16 on purpose, because little boys like you always like to feel (and talk) older. I bet you say that you are 17 1/2 to people by now. Right?

Your closer to 16 (maybe 15) than 17.

Last edited by Darth Shemp; January 28th, 2006 at 08:15 PM. Reason: hugs and kisses
Darth Shemp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM   #447
Curtain

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
7,500 posts since Jan. '05 = 20posts per day + 16 (yrs. old) + Lives with parents = needs a woman (I mean girl) = get out a little and have some fun!
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #448
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2668

"I have to go your room so your parents cant hear us" Sweet dreams
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #449
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2435

Quote:
Come again ?!?!
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM   #450
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Interesting to know Darth is a woman, I thought "she" was actually a "he" liking being a "she" ...
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #451
honwai1983

Likes (Received): 1

In Fact, According to the photo of that building, I am really wondered the follow questions:

1. Land use effieiency-- According to the construction photograph, I think the land use effieiency is not optimizsted. It is a waste to build a huge building.
In Hong Kong, Land Owner is very interested in this.

2. Wind-- Does this building have issue to againest strong wind to reduce spining?
I am wonder that the top of that building like a ship in the sea.
honwai1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #452
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

1. I don't understand your poind regarding "land use efficency". DO you mean there is to much land left empty, therefore goingh waste or ... please explain. However I suggest that yoy take a look on the masterplan of the complex (if not done already), and I also remind you that the entire complex is being build in an EMPTY, goverment owned land.

2. SOM has designed supertalls for ages and they are some of the best architectural studios around, so whatever your concearn about the wind might be, i'm sure they've though of it as well, especially when they have openly token about the wind effect and the tower design to minimise it, in more then one ocasion.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #453
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD
Interesting to know Darth is a woman, I thought "she" was actually a "he" liking being a "she" ...

Quote:
Dubaiflo my baby:

I always knew that since you found out I was a woman, you had some special attention given to me.
I think you are actually falling in love because I get your blood pumping.

But alas, I cannot accept you because it is against the law to date somebody of your age. At 16, you are just too young:

OMG , i just realized something i will be 72 in 50 years time how depressing !!
October 2nd, 2005, 12:33 AM #192 dubaiflo
but he is right... i will be 67...

Just think.....
You can not buy me a drink and/or take me to a club dancing in Dubai!!!!! What if I want to go to your place at the end of a wonderful nights dancing
and I have to go to your room so your parents cant hear us. I would hate that, so when I visit next year, I will have to say .....

"sorry Flo my sweet baby"

Here is my summary on dubaiflo. It involves a little math, so I hope you did your homework today flo:

You also posted a few pictures of yourself in the forum stating that you look like Orlando Bloom, and it started to get me excited:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...30&postcount=8

But when I saw it, you actually look more like Stan Laurel:

i wonder if YOU should get a life since you spent at least 5min on a reply to somebody who you think is not worth it.

2nd i am 17.

3rd it was THIS SITE which claimed i look like orlando bloom, not me. i don't even want to look like that guy.

and i wonder if you did your maths homework, if you say i am 16 i suppose you did not... because as far as i know 67-50 = 17?

oh and i do not drink nor would i invite you to a drink in dubai. also i don't like dancing ...

Quote:
you did not live with your parents at the age of 16?
oh btw i have a lot of fun usually, i was out just yesterday evening it was great, thanks.

well all in all i feel like you went a bit off topic, and since you are so desperate on pictures of Burj Dubai, maybe this is a good summary for you:

Darth Stemp=girl=addicted to burj dubai=shape of something naugty = need for a boy?

Last edited by dubaiflo; January 28th, 2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old January 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #454
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by honwai1983
In Fact, According to the photo of that building, I am really wondered the follow questions:

1. Land use effieiency-- According to the construction photograph, I think the land use effieiency is not optimizsted. It is a waste to build a huge building.
In Hong Kong, Land Owner is very interested in this.

2. Wind-- Does this building have issue to againest strong wind to reduce spining?
I am wonder that the top of that building like a ship in the sea.
1.like altin i do not get your point at all.
this development is 1km x 1km and features some 60 highrises plus the world's tallest tower and largest mall, i think the land is used very reasonable?
Old January 28th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #455
ra7968
Lone Red Rider

Land Use

Typically in a desert area where the city has an "edge" and isn't
connected immediately to the next city, there is no economical
benefit to constructing tall buildings. This is probably what the
other poster meant by "not optimized".

Ie, why would one need a Skyscraper in Phoenix, where there is
so much room to "sprawl".

The thing depends on your vision of the city. Sprawl can be bad for
a city because it moves the population away.
High urban density can be good as it encoruages a vibrant urban
atmosphere with culture and many offerings.

Dubai is going for the latter by investing in the city...an expensive
investment to be sure....but a visionary one. If EEMAR took the path of least resistance and went for sprawl, it would mean a very different future for Dubai. And isn't it the local royalty's vision who has kicked this
whole thing off anyway, as a means for keeping Dubai and UAE alive post-oil?
ra7968 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 09:29 PM   #456
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

well dubai is already past oil, it is rather to make dubai on of the world's greatest cities now.

and, from the economical point of view, we explained that several times already but again, it is cheaper to cool one tower instead of 200 villas, so there is also a point there.
of course burj dubai is a prestige project and even if it does not bring money, the whole burj dubai complex does. emaar gaines hundred millions of $ a year.

now another thing, take Dubai Marina , it this is 36m sqft project with 200 highrises, and the reason to build highrise?

well there is a huge demand for waterfront properties and developers buy plots and build as tall as they can or as allowed to be able to see a lot of apts.
Old January 28th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #457
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Perfect article related to Emaar

Emaar announces record 180 per cent increase
Emaar Properties PJSC, the world's number one property developer in terms of market capitalisation, today announced record annual profits of AED 4.731 billion for the year ended December 31, 2005.
United Arab Emirates: 7 hours, 17 minutes ago

This corresponds to a net profit increase of AED 3.040 billion or 180 per cent. Net profit for fiscal year 2004 was AED 1.691 billion. Property revenues increased by AED 3.113 billion or 59 per cent to AED 8.361 billion for the year ended 31 December 2005, as compared to AED 5.248 billion for the year 2004. Significantly, the Earnings Per Share increased to AED 0.85 per share for the year 2005 from AED 0.33 per share for the year 2004.

Mohamed Ali Alabbar, Chairman, Emaar Properties said:

'2005 has been a significant year for Emaar during which the company made its vision of being a world class company expanding across the globe come to life. Emaar reaffirmed its position as the world's leading property developer in 2005 with unprecedented expansion into new markets with developments stretching across continents and sectors."

'His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has shaped modern Dubai and transformed our Emirate into one of the 21st Century's extraordinary success stories. His visionary leadership, drive for success and relentless courage to take the future and make it his own are instrumental to Emaar's pace-setting progress."

"2005 has been a defining year in the company's history and one that will be the cornerstone for continued growth. To date, Emaar has handed over 12,800 homes to owners in Dubai and launched over 50 real estate projects across the region. Under His Highness' continued guidance and support, we aim to build Emaar into the most valuable brand for the real estate sector globally,' said Alabbar.

In July, Emaar won support from shareholders for its 1:1 rights issue which resulted in an increase in the number of shares from 2,835,500,000 to 5,671,000,000. The 10-day subscription period for the rights issue subscribed at AED 5 per share including a premium of AED 4 per share, attracted immense interest from shareholders.

2005 also witnessed Emaar's flagship development, the Burj Dubai, grow at an unprecedented rate with a number of high profile launches during the year. From the corporate side with its Burj Dubai Business Hub announcement to the residential side with The Old Town Island, The Residences villas and penthouses, The Lofts, 8 Boulevard Walk and South Ridge, Emaar launched a total of six projects within Dubai's new downtown last year.

With construction work progressing at a rapid pace, Emaar's iconic 'super' tower Burj Dubai - the tallest in the world when completed in 2008 - climbed to its twenty fifth storey height this month and will continue to average one floor per week. Emaar's partnership with Giorgio Armani S.p.A to build and manage 10 Armani hotels and resorts around the world - one of the first hotels being featured within the Burj Dubai - was further realized with a visit by Giorgio Armani to the tower to view construction progress on a recent trip to Dubai.

Emaar's most significant announcement is that of the launch of the King Abdullah Economic City in December 2005 with an investment of more than SR100 billion. As the single largest private sector investment in Saudi Arabia, the project is a mixed-use development located north of Jeddah and will cover a massive 55 million square metres of greenfield land with a 35 km shoreline. The City will have six distinct components - a modern world-class Seaport, Industrial District, Financial Island, Education Zone, Resorts and The Residential Area. The landmark development will create 500,000 employment opportunities for the young Saudi population as well as helping to drive the Kingdom's growing economic development.

During this period, Emaar further expanded its influence across the region by rolling out its unique lifestyle models with ventures in Morocco (Amelkis II and Bahia Bay), Syria (Eighth Gate and Damascus Hills) and Egypt (Cairo Heights and Smart Village). Emaar's regional expansion represents a total investment of more than AED 150 billion.

Emaar also opened its first office in India with partner MGF. The Emaar-MGF Land Private Limited, a joint venture company formed by Emaar Properties PJSC and MGF Developments Limited of India, announcement signified India's largest FDI in real estate amounting to over half a billion dollars for projects with a future capital outlay of US$4 billion. Projects are planned in the various Indian states including Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Maharashtra.

2005 also saw Emaar announce plans to aggressively expand the retail sector with investments of over AED 15 billion to develop approximately 100 malls in the mega emerging markets of the Middle East, North Africa and the Indian subcontinent. Incorporating a fully owned subsidiary, Emaar Malls, the roll out of world class shopping malls in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Algeria, Morocco, India and Pakistan will start within the next few years. The Company is already fast developing the world's largest shopping destination - the 12 million square feet Dubai Mall - in the Burj Dubai Development.

Closer to home, Emaar announced its first UAE agreement outside Dubai with the AED 12 billion Umm Al Quwain Marina development. An agreement between Emaar Middle East and the government of Umm Al Quwain, the project will create a vast planned waterfront community.

'With significant movement into the regional arena last year, 2006 proves to be an exciting year as Emaar moves forward on the construction of these projects,' Alabbar concluded.
Old January 29th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #458
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Great artical! I need to buy some stock in this company. Also, the artical is calling the Dubai Mall 12 million sq/ft. That's completely insane, it would be easy to get lost in there.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 02:49 AM   #459
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Dubai Mall was actually supposed to be 6m sqft but this could be an issue of total area , retail area etc.

Mall of Arabia is also supposed to be 12m sqft and there are rumours they doubled its size.
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #460
honwai1983

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD

1. I don't understand your poind regarding "land use efficency". DO you mean there is to much land left empty, therefore goingh waste or ... please explain. However I suggest that yoy take a look on the masterplan of the complex (if not done already), and I also remind you that the entire complex is being build in an EMPTY, goverment owned land.

2. SOM has designed supertalls for ages and they are some of the best architectural studios around, so whatever your concearn about the wind might be, i'm sure they've though of it as well, especially when they have openly token about the wind effect and the tower design to minimise it, in more then one ocasion.
1. I would like to explain the higher of building, "useful floor area in building / Total area of building include slab and column" is lower.

2. I think the higher of building, structural consultant role is more importent to againest common skyscraper problems such as strong wind and earthquake. So, I think how to make out the role of Architect and Structural Consultant.
honwai1983 no está en línea   Reply With Quote