daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 29th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #461
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

Ok I get your point.

This particular building is not designed and build becouse there was a serious lack of office space or , lack of free land in Dubai, as it is the case with Hong Kong. This is an iconic building and only a small part of it will be used as offices. Most of the building will be ocupied by Armani Hotel (first 40 floors) and apartments. Having a massive floor plate is not a good thing if the building will house residential apartments, becouse rooms needs windows for direct sunlight.

As for the role of the structural consultants, we can't go into details, becouse none of us here works for the developer or any of the companies involved in the design and building of this tower. Plus those kind of information are not made public in details, and I doubt they will be, before the tower is compoleated, if ever.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #462
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10147

hey guys. any recent piccies so i can see height status for feb1 diagrams?
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #463
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

hope you noticed the almas update in the jan thread.

also here is a recent article on BD progress:

Burj Dubai reaches 25th floor
United Arab Emirates: Sunday, January 29 - 2006 at 08:03
The world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai, has reached its 25th floor, developer Emaar Properties announced yesterday. The tower will include a Giorgio Armani Hotel and the fashion designer visited the project recently to check on progress. It will be finished in 2008.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #464
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2441

25 :O well its official i guess , the BD is now taller than 99% of Abu Dhabis highrises
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:48 AM   #465
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

From SOM Web-Site

The super tall Burj Dubai will be the centerpiece of a large scale mixed-use development being developed by Emaar Properties PJSC of Dubai, which will combine residential, commercial, hotel, entertainment, shopping and leisure outlets with open green spaces, water features, pedestrian boulevards, a shopping mall and a tourist-oriented old town.

The design of Burj Dubai is derived from the geometries of the desert flower, which is indigenous to the region, and the patterning systems embodied in Islamic architecture. It combines historical and cultural influences with cutting edge technology to achieve a high-performance building which will set the new standard for development in the Middle East and become the model for the future of the city.

The tower is composed of three elements arranged around a central core. As the tower rises from the flat desert base, setbacks occur at each element in an upward spiraling pattern, decreasing the mass of the tower as it reaches toward the sky. At the top, the central core emerges and is sculpted to form a finishing spire. A Y-shaped floor plan maximizes views of the Persian Gulf.

The design was selected as the winning entry of an invited design competition for the tower held by Emaar Properties PJSC of Dubai early 2003. Construction started in January 2004 and will be completed at the end of 2009.

http://www.som.com
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #466
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Shemp
Dubaiflo my baby:

I always knew that since you found out I was a woman, you had some special attention given to me.
I think you are actually falling in love because I get your blood pumping.

But alas, I cannot accept you because it is against the law to date somebody of your age. At 16, you are just too young:

October 2nd, 2005, 12:12 AM #190 Dubai_Boy
OMG , i just realized something i will be 72 in 50 years time how depressing !!
October 2nd, 2005, 12:33 AM #192 dubaiflo
but he is right... i will be 67...

Just think.....
You can not buy me a drink and/or take me to a club dancing in Dubai!!!!! What if I want to go to your place at the end of a wonderful nights dancing
and I have to go to your room so your parents cant hear us. I would hate that, so when I visit next year, I will have to say .....

"sorry Flo my sweet baby"

Here is my summary on dubaiflo. It involves a little math, so I hope you did your homework today flo:

7,500 posts since Jan. '05 = 20posts per day + 16 (yrs. old) + Lives with parents = needs a woman (I mean girl) = get out a little and have some fun!

NOTE: Burj Dubai NEWS: I hope when they open the building to visitors, will you will be old enough to enter the observation decks without a guardian?

You also posted a few pictures of yourself in the forum stating that you look like Orlando Bloom, and it started to get me excited:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...30&postcount=8

But when I saw it, you actually look more like Stan Laurel:

Have a nice day.
It's the weekend........ TIME TO DANCE!!!!!! (and shop)

Update:
Little boys will one day learn, my lover.

I knew it was 17. I said 16 on purpose, because little boys like you always like to feel (and talk) older. I bet you say that you are 17 1/2 to people by now. Right?

Your closer to 16 (maybe 15) than 17.
Please woman. Quit your moaning and groaning and go make me a sandwich. The Burj Dubai update threads are 50% spam anyway so there is no need for you to continue adding to it.

dubaiflo: You think she has a crush on you? I mean you could show her your Burj Dubai.

Speaking of the Burj, seems as if GQ Magazine always has a add for this thing on page 1. I'm actually interested in the Armani Hotel and how that'll look.

Question: Does anyone have any renderings of what the inside will look like? I hope it'll have a post modern look as opposed to the tackiness of Burj al Arab.
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:28 AM   #467
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3670

Yeh, some new updates must be great..

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:29 AM   #468
BinALAin
Me No English

Likes (Received): 1

The world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai, has reached its 25th floor, developer Emaar Properties announced yesterday. The tower will include a Giorgio Armani Hotel and the fashion designer visited the project recently to check on progress. It will be finished in 2008.

Dubai Ruler and UAE Minister of Defence, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
BinALAin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:43 AM   #469
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

^ Did you copy/paste what dubaiflo posted a few posts up?
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #470
CULWULLA

lev25 = 99m! ill have this height for feb1 diagrams.
cheers
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #471
BinALAin
Me No English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threehundred
^ Did you copy/paste what dubaiflo posted a few posts up?
lol i didnt know anyway it is from ameinfo.com

Dubai Ruler and UAE Minister of Defence, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
BinALAin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #472
Darth Shemp
Armani

Likes (Received): 0

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-BED-ROOM-APART...QQcmdZViewItem
BTW: Also, there are/were fake BD 1st floor concrete cubes on eBay, so be careful. The real ones we got at the office have a water mark on it.

Sorry Threehundred , Flo is only 15, so he is just now discovering his burj dubai by himself. So I don't think he is willing to share.

Flo, since your not old enough to work, get off of the school bus tomorrow and go straight to the library and find out what "watermark" means.

Last edited by Darth Shemp; January 30th, 2006 at 07:33 AM.
Darth Shemp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:12 AM   #473
Adam186
Work harder, work faster

Aww, leave the poor kid alone. He's just passionate about skyscrapers here. Let's just leave all the personal jabs behind us and keep this thread on track. If not just PM eachother and don't post it here. Anyway, thanks Darth for posting that, it's very interesting.
Adam186 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #474
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6071

What a pathetic woman, maybe wasted most of her weekends binge drinking and having hangover after, and didn't get laid from ages.

BTW I wanted to take some updates, but have been sick in the last 2 - 3 days so couldn't get out on Sat - Sun.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #475
fahed
Mr Anti

^ Salamat

Hope that you get well
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #476
depressio
Lime and limpid green

Likes (Received): 15

Man this is so crazy! This is really happening!!!
depressio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #477
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltinD
What a pathetic woman, maybe wasted most of her weekends binge drinking and having hangover after, and didn't get laid from ages.

BTW I wanted to take some updates, but have been sick in the last 2 - 3 days so couldn't get out on Sat - Sun.

i feel sorry for you, hope you recover soon altin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threehundred

dubaiflo: You think she has a crush on you? I mean you could show her your Burj Dubai.
no thanks.

btw i doubt anybody is willing to buy your stupid burj views apt, this is LAST line without much of a view darth stemp...
Old January 30th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #478

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo

i wonder if YOU should get a life since you spent at least 5min on a reply to somebody who you think is not worth it.

2nd i am 17.

3rd it was THIS SITE which claimed i look like orlando bloom, not me. i don't even want to look like that guy.

and i wonder if you did your maths homework, if you say i am 16 i suppose you did not... because as far as i know 67-50 = 17?

oh and i do not drink nor would i invite you to a drink in dubai. also i don't like dancing ...

you did not live with your parents at the age of 16?
oh btw i have a lot of fun usually, i was out just yesterday evening it was great, thanks.

well all in all i feel like you went a bit off topic, and since you are so desperate on pictures of Burj Dubai, maybe this is a good summary for you:

Darth Stemp=girl=addicted to burj dubai=shape of something naugty = need for a boy?

hahaha dude dubaiflo... dont worry man. any GIRL that spends that much time on an online forum and takes that much effort to bag on someone is probably a narsty as dike. just forget about her. shes just desperate for some burjdubai ****.
627 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #479
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

to all of you supporting me

i will provide you with some 1st class Burj Dubai updates when i am Dubai in April.
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #480
CULWULLA

come on guys.
any recent pix?