daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #181
tyronne
Khal vezhven!

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by encon
I think so cos Oakwood is International Company

can I see the Makati One ??
here's oakwood makati

Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #182
XxRyoChanxX
holla holla hey!

Likes (Received): 14

yeahhh..the peak is looking really nice!!
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #183
ncon
Dangerous User

Likes (Received): 537

@tyronne Thanks I like it

late posting

Sudirman Park 48 storey #23-24

13 March 06

Old March 15th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #184
XxRyoChanxX
holla holla hey!

hey encon...is there going to be a mall under sudirman park?
Old March 15th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #185
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

Construction is in full swing
Skyman no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #186
Alvin

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRyoChanxX
hey encon...is there going to be a mall under sudirman park?
not mall, but offices.
Alvin no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #187
XxRyoChanxX
holla holla hey!

@ encon > ohh ok Ic

============================

Latumenten City Jakarta

Gandaria Main Street

Old March 16th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #188
reinhart87
heal the world

Location: Jakarta, Seattle, Toronto, Groningen, Leuven, Tilburg, Rotterdam, Shanghai
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomkurnia
Looking at your data, two things crossed my mind. The first one was…wow Indonesia is developing, intensively, rocketing and seem Indonesia, specially Jakarta, has overcome their crisis. But the other thing, deserve to be thought of is Indonesia, specially Jakarta has to prepare for the second economic disaster that will lead to multi dimensional disaster. Yes, physically those building are built, but are the built without enough economic strength. Not to mention, there are limited people who can afford to buy these properties, because as far I know, the price is quite high. So for whom those building are built. And so many of them that built upon the loan from the bank.

Everyone may have known that recently is hard to keep doing business in Indonesia. And so many investors are interested to invest their capital in neighbor country rather than in Indonesia. In addition, there are so many non conducive conditions occur in Indonesia. For your memories, there are several bombing incident, riots that occur just because small problem, labor strike, high cost economy and most of all, corrupt goverment. People begin to leave agricultural industry, so for rice Indonesia has to import from other country, so you must pay high to feed your self. So employee and labor demand more payment that no meet the owner calculation, because of less demand, cause by uncompetitive product. In the end the company start to bankrupt and unemployment happens. The final result that people purchasing power is going to weak each day.
So, in my thinking, with these symptoms, I presume that property market will reach the condition the product over the demand. And because those are built upon the loan, the creditors began to fail completing their responsibility, and the bank start to lose their capital, just like in 97-98.

I am not suggesting that tall building is bad to built, but I just want to say tall building must be built upon good economic conditions. I hope I was wrong. And since I don’t use any measurable data, I may say sorry for mistake that I have stated here. I just wanna discussing this phenomena.
i am totally agree with your opinion! but please don't get me wrong for those of you who disagree with me.. i believe that economy boom that indonesia, jakarta in particular, is currently experiencing is good, but not if it was not followed by strong enough economic condition, laws, regulations, consumer demand, condusive environment, clean government, etc... it's like a utopia! a developer builds a building, the next thing that will happen is 1000 developers will do the same thing.. i think at some point the market will be extremely saturated that one by one these new buildings will be abandoned, and desperately offering discount to attract more tenants.. what i am saying is, it's totally good that we have finally moved on from pre-crisis 97, it's good that jakarta has developed itself to be equal with major capital cities, but we can't afford to keep building, we have to think, by all means, THINK, RESEARCH, AND LEARN from previous experiences so we will not be trapped in the same situation as 97's. jakarta and indonesia in general has more low income below poverty line citizens than medium class family.. we shouldn't be just building for the rich, we have to consider the poor, the gap between the two of them is just toooo wiiiddeee... rich people is a niche market, once this market is all absorbed, booomm.. you're out! we have become extremely consumerist, we spend more than we earn, for every new mall opened, a new time allocation will less likely to be provided to visit and BUY..

that's just my opinion..
reinhart87 no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:00 AM   #189
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

Jakarta is quite dynamic.
Mosaic no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 07:03 AM   #190
ncon
Dangerous User

THANKS
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #191
Alvin

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinhart87
i am totally agree with your opinion! but please don't get me wrong for those of you who disagree with me.. i believe that economy boom that indonesia, jakarta in particular, is currently experiencing is good, but not if it was not followed by strong enough economic condition, laws, regulations, consumer demand, condusive environment, clean government, etc... it's like a utopia! a developer builds a building, the next thing that will happen is 1000 developers will do the same thing.. i think at some point the market will be extremely saturated that one by one these new buildings will be abandoned, and desperately offering discount to attract more tenants.. what i am saying is, it's totally good that we have finally moved on from pre-crisis 97, it's good that jakarta has developed itself to be equal with major capital cities, but we can't afford to keep building, we have to think, by all means, THINK, RESEARCH, AND LEARN from previous experiences so we will not be trapped in the same situation as 97's. jakarta and indonesia in general has more low income below poverty line citizens than medium class family.. we shouldn't be just building for the rich, we have to consider the poor, the gap between the two of them is just toooo wiiiddeee... rich people is a niche market, once this market is all absorbed, booomm.. you're out! we have become extremely consumerist, we spend more than we earn, for every new mall opened, a new time allocation will less likely to be provided to visit and BUY..

that's just my opinion..
The situation's now a lot different & improved from 1997 though. back then, the big conglomerates can get loans whenever they want them and any amounts. These days, there's a much more strict regulatory environment designed to prevent the 1997 crisis from re-occurring. That's why banks are very cautious/prudent these days about lending. If you notice , a lot of apartment projects these days are funded by equity (and customers' money) rather than bank loans, particularly the earlier projects post-crisis. Now the economy is starting to roll again (despite current mini-downturn) and the property market is just right. Some projects are still on hold because interest rates are high and purchasing power is low, but this is good cos it means that developers are more careful before proceeding to realise their investment. The Jakarta property market is buoyant , but nothing like the bubble in 1997.

Btw I do agree that it is time for govt to built more low-income residences for the poor. This segment is unfortunately unappealing to private developers.
Alvin no está en línea  
Old March 16th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #192
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

Jakarta Indonesia's capital, is a booming metropolis of 10 million people and the gateway to over 200 million people. The biggest economy in SEA
Old March 17th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #193
ncon
Dangerous User

oh really ??

I thought the biggest economy in SEA is Singapore ?? no ?

then it is great
Old March 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #194
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

i mean the biggest economy interm of marketing with over 200 million people
Old March 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #195
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

Singapore is only big when it comes to per capita GDP.

Indonesia is the biggest in total GDP
c0kelitr0 no está en línea  
Old March 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #196
ncon
Dangerous User

oh ic thanks for the explanation
Old March 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM   #197
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

Thailand is a second in that term too.