daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 5th, 2015, 12:47 PM   #1401
IThomas

New 'Museum of the Resistance'

Italy's Joint Conference for dialogue between the State, regions, cities and local self government authorities gave its backing Thursday to a proposal from Culture Minister Dario Franceschini to finance for a cost of 2.5 mln euro, the new Museum of the Resistance to be established in Milan, near Bosco Verticale and UniCredit Tower (Porta Nuova district).

What is the Italian Resistance? More info here

Jasper90 liked this post

Last edited by IThomas; February 5th, 2015 at 12:57 PM.
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #1402
Roaming Girl

Likes (Received): 78

Hi

Some years ago I visited a major redevelopment site in Milan, the site of former Falk (not sure spelling is right) metallurgic industries.

Then, I read about some old projects for the area that fell through in 2009.

At the time, there were no firm plans.

Our Italian business contact told the whole thing was "a mess".

Any news on that area?

Seems an extremely huge site near subway and train lines, so it must have enormous potential.

It looked very desolated and somewhat dangerous though.

I'd not walk there alone at night.

NOMAD€ liked this post
Roaming Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 03:13 PM   #1403
Jasper90
Unità

Likes (Received): 12131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaming Girl View Post
Hi

Some years ago I visited a major redevelopment site in Milan, the site of former Falk (not sure spelling is right) metallurgic industries.

Then, I read about some old projects for the area that fell through in 2009.

At the time, there were no firm plans.

Our Italian business contact told the whole thing was "a mess".

Any news on that area?

Seems an extremely huge site near subway and train lines, so it must have enormous potential.

It looked very desolated and somewhat dangerous though.

I'd not walk there alone at night.
Hi!!
The area ex-Falck is a huge and abandoned former industrial site, located very close to the last stop of line 1 of the underground, in Sesto San Giovanni. You can easily see it here https://www.google.it/maps/@45.54160.../data=!3m1!1e3

You're right. The area is a mess and the discussion about it is still ongoing. They periodically propose to do something in that place: hospitals, services, houses, skyscrapers... But they still haven't come to a final decision.

2 years ago, it looked like they had settled for the decision to build a big hospital (called Città della Salute, City of Health ). There's a masterplan by Renzo Piano, you can find it here: http://www.urbanfile.org/project/eur...-ex-area-falck

Unfortunately, the decision is political. Since there's a lot of money at stake, the city of Milan and the Regional administration have opposing views on where to build the "city of health". We'll see how things will turn out!

Please visit my thread, and feel free to ask any question :) don't forget to subscribe!

Roaming Girl liked this post
Jasper90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 02:42 AM   #1404
Ampelio
...is the art of space

Likes (Received): 1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThomas View Post

The project is not still approved. This is just an AC Milan / Arup proposal for the redevelopment of Portello district.

Fondazione Fiera Milano will take a decision within March 2015.

If project about new stadium will be rejected, AC Milan should consider another location to build it. And (probably) a new design will be unveiled.

Here other proposals for the redevopment of Portello district (info):
* Vitali / Stam Europe = A project about food and services for free time.
* Arcotecnica Group / Pkf Consulting = They proponed a Community Hub to host indoor and outdoor activities, cultural and artistic spaces.
* Prelios / Hub Lab = The so-called project "Magnete Milano" is inspired by Parc de la Villette (Paris, France). An interactive technological park, where citizens and tourists can find a place for education and entertainment linked to innovative sectors as 3D, robotics and innovative technologies.
Oh I see ...thanks for the info

But looking at the spaces near Casa Milan is already crammed, I agree that this site will not be suitable for building a new stadium

The other alternative site on EXPO 2015 area will be better and more ideal ..but bit too far outside the city :

Jasper90, IThomas liked this post

Last edited by Ampelio; February 7th, 2015 at 05:25 AM.
Ampelio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2015, 03:04 PM   #1405
IThomas

Baggio could be another ideal place to build new AC Milan stadium.

Jasper90, Ampelio liked this post
Old February 8th, 2015, 10:12 PM   #1406
IThomas

The Fashion Showrooms of Milan

Milan, long a capital of both haute couture and high design. The two worlds intersect in the eclectic and variegated interiors of the labels’ flagship stores, architecture may not be subject to the biannual cycles of fashion, but it certainly goes a long way toward complementing the aesthetic of a brand. Here is a collection of some showrooms that express the cosmopolitan spirit of the city.

Zaha Hadid left her imprint in Via Sant’Andrea, at the Stuart Weitzman boutique. Modular display units showcase shoes and, at the same time, turn into seating. Hadid’s futuristic cave is organized into two separates spaces characterized by a monochromatic spotless atmosphere.

You have one more reason to walk around the stunning Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II: The Prada windows design forced perspective backdrop was inspired in the study of the corner, foreshortened and exaggerated through a composition of fragments and contrasts between natural materials. Each window plays with the same elements, but looking through different perspective and accessories to compose the frame.

Prada is well known for prestigious collaboration with architects and designers. OMA unveiled the newest performance space for F/W 2015 collections, entitled the ‘Infinite Palace,’ a mix of blue and black marble and aluminum grating.

Brioni, the iconic Italian men’s fashion brand, has chosen Park Associati to design its latest showroom at Via Gesú. Behind their polished façades, many buildings conceal elegant internal courtyards. Glassy cantilevered windows face the courtyard, effectively turning he façade inside out; interior spaces are constructed around the interaction with the courtyard and inflowing sunlight.

In Via Montenapoleone, the interior of Camper showroom is clad in a minimalist grid of wooden boards, added and subtracted to create a complex three-dimensional construction, executed with top-notch craftsmanship. The sand-colored poufs are custom made for the store and perfectly match the stone floor. You’ll find many similarities between the Duvetica showroom, designed by Tadao Ando. The sublime use of exposed concrete, typical of Ando architectures, transforms even a showroom in a masterpiece. Two inclined walls extend across the two levels of the shop to shape the interiors. A poetic sequence of spaces harmonizes with the clothing racks, arranged like art objects to present the colorful variations that represent the brand’s image.

NAMBA, Ulpia-Serdica, yeisson, Neungz liked this post

Last edited by IThomas; February 8th, 2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old February 10th, 2015, 12:05 PM   #1407
IThomas

Proposals for the redevopment of Portello

AC MILAN STADIUM - new property stadium

PORTELLO VILLAGE / COMMUNITY HUB - a place for young people (15-30 y.o.). indoor and outdoor sports areas (free climbing, skateboards, artificial surf, Formula 1 simulator, etc).. stores, resturants, fitness centers, spa. spaces for artistis.

MILANO ALTA - a Green Street, a pedestrian path connecting City Life and Piazza Gino Valle. A 350 rooms hotel, restaurants, leisure activities and a space for innovative start-up.

IL MAGNETE - hi-tech and music park, digital museum, stores, 250 rooms luxury hotel, green spaces. eco-sustainable project.

My favourite project is IL MAGNETE

Ampelio liked this post

Last edited by IThomas; February 10th, 2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old February 20th, 2015, 02:35 PM   #1408
Ulpia-Serdica
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7648

Hi guys,

I found the following article [...] regarding CERBA.

Within the article there is this passage which I Google translated. Has there been any official announcements regarding the project?

Quote:
In recent months, the City has slowed but the realization of Cerba, the largest European center of advanced biomedical research that should arise alongside the European Institute of Oncology. It would take away green areas intended for agricultural South Park Milan.

"The future of research and therapies will see more and more the input of technology in medicine. It is inevitable that several hospitals to join in an area which reports to a common technology center. For this arose, in Milan, the Cerba project, alongside the IEO. At first we encountered the hostility of the City that, while recognizing the importance of the project, he also wanted to defend the most of the green area of ​​the surrounding area, the Agricultural Park South Milan. "

At end solution will be this: we will Cerba, but smaller in size. The position of the City seems right. I recognize that the size could be significantly reduced in this direction and we hope to continue.
http://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/...tti-105580280/
Ulpia-Serdica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 03:56 PM   #1409
Roaming Girl

Likes (Received): 78

Where can I find pics of the masterplan of the new extension of Bocconi University? Any tips?
Roaming Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 03:01 PM   #1410
IThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpia-Serdica View Post
Has there been any official announcements regarding the project?
At the moment, I've not info about it

Quote:
Where can I find pics of the masterplan of the new extension of Bocconi University? Any tips?
Do you mean the new campus? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1701953
Old February 21st, 2015, 04:36 PM   #1411
Jasper90
Unità

Likes (Received): 12131

Quote:
There are 3 projects from Bocconi University at the moment.
One is the big campus, in the former Centrale del Latte (Milk factory), designed by SANAA and nicknamed "toilet paper rolls"
You can find it in IThomas' link

Quote:

Then there's the new student house under construction in Viale Bligny 22. Pictures here, including the two demolished buildings to make room for it: http://urbanfilemilano.blogspot.it/2...residenza.html

Last but not least, my favourite project: students' residence in Viale Isonzo 21/23. It's completed.
Here's actual pictures. I can't embed them http://www.archilovers.com/projects/...ce-isonzo.html
Here are the renderings: http://urbanfilemilano.blogspot.it/2...residenza.html

Please visit my thread, and feel free to ask any question :) don't forget to subscribe!

Seoul_Korea liked this post
Jasper90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 04:50 PM   #1412
IThomas

I've already posted students residence on Viale Isonzo http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1313
Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:45 AM   #1413
kar8117
BANNED

Likes (Received): 678

nice !
kar8117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 05:04 AM   #1414
IThomas

Barcelò Milan Hotel

Today, I would like to introduce you all, a super-design hotel located near the Expo 2015 site. Barcelò Milano is a three-dimensional manifesto of the union between architecture, iconic 'Made in Italy' furniture and vibrant energy.

The common areas are redesigned with contamination of functions to meet the most diverse needs of the guests: the lobby is in fact not only a welcome place and rest but even a gallery for shopping, a relaxation area and a play area, which hosts virtual stores, reading areas, and is connected and divided through modular systems to the restaurant and cafe, all the spaces are interconnected, symbiotic, fluid and interactive.

Phytomorphic sculptures constitute the entire structural and functional apparatus of the ground floor. Columns, reception desk, bar counter, the cook-show top, born from a glossy material, fluid, dynamic, a continuous escape from stereometric canonical geometries. Glossy lacquered, acid green or bright red, contrasting with the floor that stretches, uninterrupted, on the whole surface. Sculptural armchairs, upholstered in green fabric material, some with backs significantly out of scale, dot the entire hall, creating relax-waiting islands.

Macro-chandeliers come down from the ceiling, futuristic and imaginative planetary mechanics, consisting of globular bright balls, white and green, hung at different heights that fill the entire space with double volume entrance, as spotlight on the stage of the daily show hosted by the lobby. Directed lighting highlights the plastic episodes, giving an indication of the paths to follow and define the areas in which pause.

On the first floor via the stairs or the panoramic lifts, all-glass built, your eyes are greeted with softer colors, whether on the ground floor were dynamic forms on the first floor the formal message arouses different emotions in the human visitor. Colors and shapes suggest a general relaxation of the senses, the fluid dynamism of the lobby, it is far away, the atmosphere is serene and welcoming. A trompe-l’oeil reinterpreted through the oversize printed pictures of an Italian artist, simulates an infinite birch forest that surrounds the space used for breakfast and lunch.

The wallpaper on the walls becomes a relaxing kaleidoscope, glossy green furniture and mobile dividers, made and decorated with twists of real birch branches and tree trunks that go from floor to ceiling, make the soft suggestion even more real. The green of the chairs’ coating, although the same as those on the ground floor, as well as the natural stone flooring in large strips, takes on a different value, harmonious and relaxing.

The large portholes overlooking the restaurant below and the wide mouth that opens to the kitchen to offer live entertainment and culinary art classes, are formal choices dictated by the overall style and by the attention given to the customer. Not only the vision is the object of study, design, but the choice of melodies, natural and artificial lighting effects, fragrances, differ for the same three-dimensional sphere and determine on the receptor of the message a completely different answer.

The restaurant completes the scene inspired by the hall’s design, differentiating its function but keeping a semantic continuity that completes ground floor spaces in a natural and harmonic way, in this context these archic presences become a functional space ideal for lunch and dinner tasting.

On the second floor there is also the spa, an organic space,deliberately vibrant, colorful but rigorously calibrated. Accessible directly from the bedroom floors via a dedicated elevator: an interactive, hybrid, anticanonic space, where everything is strongly characterized: the area of the reception, the distribution paths, the changing rooms for men and women, the treatment cabins, the wet area with sauna, turkish bath, aromatic showers, ice maker and a relaxation area, and the large swimming pool punctuated by multiple fountains and water jets.

Fluid forms defined as macro yellow sea anemones, rise from the ground to full height, others hanging from the ceiling, piercing it and bringing waterfalls. A mini pool flows through a slide, in the larger pool, creating, together with the stone floor which rises on the walls and the large panoramic window, which opens on the horizon, a harmonic space, designed to inspire peace.

Softer Light, subtle and rarefied accompany the areas for 16 floors, along the corridors dotted with doors, two-colored arabesques, integrate numbers and electronic entrance to the rooms. The rooms, ergonomic and functional, are also designed on the long term to be resistant and easy to clean.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:56 AM   #1415
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:

I've already posted students residence on Viale Isonzo http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1313
Hm, look at the windows, they cheapened out
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 09:00 PM   #1416
IThomas

Milan plans to reopen water canals in the city center

London has its Thames River, Paris has its Seine. In Rome, the lights of old monuments are reflected on the Tiber. And in Milan?

[IMG]http://i61.************/2yl4fw2.jpg[/IMG]

Some old proposals

Lombardy Governor Roberto Maroni announced today that he like the idea to reopen the water canals in the city center. Vice-Mayor of Milan Ada Lucia De Cesaris, said that City Council is interested to draw a feasibility study. She added that project financing proposals are welcomed.

The project, of great value from an environmental and landscape point of view, could give back its old charm to the whole town, restoring the great Milan and Lombardy waterway system, which could again fulfil its proper transport function, especially of a touristic kind, from Lake Maggiore and Lake Como to the river Po towards Venice and the Adriatic Sea. Reopening the canals represents for Milan a new urban, environmental and economic strategy. It’s an extraordinary occasion to upgrade the town along its canals routes and many nearby areas, above and under ground. A special opportunity to invest in quality and to create new activities and roles.

The project will attract tourists from all over the world, contributing to reinforce the tourism-related economy and increasing the value of Milan’s architectural heritage.

HISTORY
The trails of the idea to make Milan accessible from the sea are lost in the chronicles of times that date before the times of the design and construction of the first artificial navigable canal. The Navigli of Milan are the artificial canals constructed between 1179 and the 16th century. The Navigli were a passing route not only for the merchandise on its’ way to Milan but also for the marble of Candoglia used for the construction of the Milan’s Cathedral.

It took only 35 years, from 1439 to 1475, to build 90 kilometres of canals on the Milan territory made navigable thanks to the existence of 25 valleys, a characteristic no other city has. The development of the system didn’t stop at this point.

It was 1482 when Leonardo da Vinci, as soon as he arrived in Milan, was assigned by Ludwig II il Moro with the task to study a system that would make the navigation from Lake Como to Milan possible. Since then the Navigli were characterized by a continuous development particulary by the construction of new canals and dams.

Jasper90, NOMAD€, el palmesano liked this post

Last edited by IThomas; February 23rd, 2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old February 26th, 2015, 04:43 AM   #1417
IThomas

The winning proposal for the competition of: new extension to the Diocesan Museum.
The main building mass's material is poly carbonated sheets, i.e a semi translucent material.

Old February 26th, 2015, 04:56 AM   #1418
IThomas

Updates Building in Via Torino

pics Jasper90
Old February 26th, 2015, 05:25 AM   #1419
Neric007

Likes (Received): 2203

I'm definitely paying a trip to Milan over the next year! Awesome city and awesome projects!

NOMAD€, IThomas liked this post
Neric007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:38 AM   #1420
NAMBA

Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
[INDENT]

The winning proposal for the competition of: new extension to the Diocesan Museum.
...meaning we are eventually getting rid of that inadequate and disgusting sort of temporary entrance we have been accustomed to in the last decade?
is it going to happen any time soon?

Tags
italia, italy, milan, milano