daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2008, 08:27 AM   #1021
rockin'.baltimorean

Likes (Received): 2413

manila is stunning!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:14 AM   #1022
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1288

we appreciate your comment!
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:07 AM   #1023
RedLion963

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael677 View Post
are we sure of our figures ?? latest Asian Devt Bank figures put it at 1/4 of the population, NOT more than half
It depends really where it's coming from. If we talk about demographics and use the NSO's population statistics, if we are about 80+ million filipinos, spreading it out countywise, not just citywise, we can see that majority (or more than half of our population), don't earn the ideal minimum wage (or daily LIVING wage). That is what makes our country still "poor." We have to look at the big picture and not just developments of cities as evidenced by mega high rises. Go to the provinces and you will see that not all have the bare necessities of life. And that is where CORRUPTION is most felt. Not necessarily in cities. So I dont know where ADB is getting their sources for their statistics but I still felt that somehow there's something missing somewhere. Im proud to be a filipino still and I am 100% hopeful things will turn out okay in the future.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:44 AM   #1024
Jarvijarv

Likes (Received): 29

ALWYAS THE OPTIMIST

..i just came back recently from RP, and personally i don't see the 'more than half' in poverty (spent alot of time in Manila and the Visayan provinces-beautiful!!). if this were the case, i think RP would resemble more like Haiti or Somalia....so i'm more in agreement with the ADB figures which i guess is based on a worldwide average. So even if the average filipino doesn't make much, his/her standard of living is still relatively high (supermalls, fastfood, cellphones, cinemas, etc.)
Jarvijarv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 03:30 PM   #1025
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 2714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvijarv View Post
i'm more in agreement with the ADB figures which i guess is based on a worldwide average. So even if the average filipino doesn't make much, his/her standard of living is still relatively high (supermalls, fastfood, cellphones, cinemas, etc.)
This is true. Right now, the minimum wage in Metro Manila is USD225/month for factory workers, sales clerks, etc. Construction workers receive higher than that. This is Quite high vs. to some of our ASEAN neighbors.
RonnieR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:23 PM   #1026
diz
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 1288

ORTIGAS | One Galleon Place | >384m | >1,260ft | 75fl | Pro

Vol. XXII, No. 26
Monday, September 1, 2008 | MANILA, PHILIPPINES
Corporate News
Ortigas & Co. to build RP’s tallest structure; expansion plan bared

http://www.bworldonline.com/BW090108/content.php?id=043

PROPERTY DEVELOPER Ortigas & Co. Ltd. Partnership is erecting in Pasig City what it hopes to become the country’s tallest building.

The 75-storey structure will rise on a one-hectare property in Ortigas Center, Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Shopping Center Division Head Joselito F. Santos said in an interview last week.

One Galleon Place will become the country’s tallest building, beating the 52-storey PBCom Tower in Makati and the world’s eighth tallest building, the 69-storey Shun Hing Square in Shenzhen, China.

Mr. Santos said the skyscraper would be divided into two portions — the upper half dedicated to a five-star hotel and the lower half for office units.

No date has yet been given for the project. "It is in the plan. As of the moment, we are still concentrating on our other projects," Mr. Santos said.

The Ortigas group also plans to start the second phase of renovating Greenhills Shopping Center in San Juan by 2010, as it adds at least 50,000 square meters more to its 100,000-square meter floor area.

"We plan to have a bigger Greenhills [by setting up] new buildings and having better amenities. We plan to invite brands like Mango and Zara although we are not going high-end with our stores," Mr. Santos said.

The company also wants to widen the space of the mall’s bazaars, which he said gives Greenhills its unique identity.

Aside from expanding Greenhills, Ortigas & Co. is also expanding the Music Museum by 2010 so it can have up to 1,000 seats where plays, concerts and other performing arts can be held. Construction will start next year, Mr. Santos said.

Like other property developers that have diversified into the outsourcing industry, Mr. Santos said the company would start the construction of two of four business process outsourcing (BPO) buildings at Tiendesitas in Pasig by the fourth quarter.

The company earlier disclosed a plan to build four BPOs at the Tiendesitas complex to take advantage of the growing demand for office units from the outsourcing industry. "Demand is still strong," he added.

The four-storey BPO buildings will stand on a 20,000-square meter property. The first two buildings are expected to start operating by the first quarter of 2010.

"We hope to start the construction of the third and fourth buildings by the middle of next year," Mr. Santos said.

"The BPOs will not compete with the residential buildings although they have become a bigger component of the company’s business portfolio," he added.
The company earlier said that it was spending P15 billion over the next decade to convert a 12-hectare property in Quezon City into a mixed-use community.

The project, which will target the middle-income market, will consist of residential condominium units and townhouses.

It will have 5,000 units in low- and high-rise buildings, with price tags ranging from P2.5 million to P3 million per unit.

The first phase of the project will involve the construction of five buildings this year. — K.J.R. Liu
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:35 AM   #1027
filcan
mega manila | megacity

Likes (Received): 12

Philippines will have the eighth (One Galleon Place) and second (PAGCOR Tower) tallest buildings in the world!
Old September 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM   #1028
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

Likes (Received): 40

wow i hope it will push through! hilig kasi ng manila puro plano.....peace
Old September 1st, 2008, 02:33 PM   #1029
michael677

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLion963 View Post
It depends really where it's coming from. If we talk about demographics and use the NSO's population statistics, if we are about 80+ million filipinos, spreading it out countywise, not just citywise, we can see that majority (or more than half of our population), don't earn the ideal minimum wage (or daily LIVING wage). That is what makes our country still "poor." We have to look at the big picture and not just developments of cities as evidenced by mega high rises. Go to the provinces and you will see that not all have the bare necessities of life. And that is where CORRUPTION is most felt. Not necessarily in cities. So I dont know where ADB is getting their sources for their statistics but I still felt that somehow there's something missing somewhere. Im proud to be a filipino still and I am 100% hopeful things will turn out okay in the future.
yes it's true that alot dont earn the ideal wage, but costs of living in the non urban areas are also less than manila's. so i guess my questions is, do you REALLY think more than 1/2 live below the poverty line ?? that's the point raised here.. the Philippines is a middle income country. that -is- a -fact. Biznews Asia also confirms that we are richer than at least 160 out of 192 member UN countries
michael677 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:56 PM   #1030
metrosuburban

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranetacoliseum View Post
wow i hope it will push through! hilig kasi ng manila puro plano.....peace
puro plano, puro publicity... kaya wag maniwala hanngat 100% operational na... remember T3?
metrosuburban está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #1031
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

MEZZA RESIDENCES
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
2 or 3 weeks ago...

CELADON PARK MANILA
Quote:
Originally Posted by leechtat View Post
Celadon Manila BPO

Old September 9th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #1032
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

PAGCOR ENTERTAINMENT CITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukiChirO";25038360][CENTER][COLOR="Green
New Pics of PagCor Project....[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

ONE ROCKWELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpol View Post
Pic posted by Edmundtanso

...The two new buildings that will rise in blocks 9 and 10 of Rockwell boasts of designs that will permanently change Makati's landscape...

The first building creates an appearance of 3 or 4 buildings via a set of terraces which according to the designer was inspired by the Banaue Rice Terraces...The cylinder building will have 52 floors while the zigzag building will have 45 storeys

Rockwell officials revealed that the project will be launched by year end and completion will be 4-4.5 years.

THIS BUILDING IS DESIGNED BY Arquitectonica, same designer as Pacific Plaza Towers in BGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph Man View Post
thanks diz and fhoy. sure i will do that.

One Rockwell Construction (as of Sept 07, 2008)
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

THE BUSINESS CENTRE
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0kelitr0 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
ei po.. load ko lang po ito.. taken by phone nung July pa.. ngayon ko lang na load kasi hehehe.. taken from Medical City

G.A TWIN TOWER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude12 View Post
From Shaw. Blvd

Old September 16th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #1033
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

ONE CORPORATE CENTRE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzam View Post
Update Pictures:

Glass cladding installation approaches the last quarter of requirement. Last major batch of glass importation arrived at the project site last week.

A glimpse of ceiling works on the 5-storey-equivalent main lobby....

... and drive way.

ST.FRANCIS
Quote:
mukhang sick ang photo, pero ang galing ng effect. mukhang naka max ang ISO mo neto. me photos ako ng St Francis taken this afternoon, pero nag-uupload pa.

edit: here they are, together with Soho Central:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

the St Francis' bat-ear/fin:

image hosted on flickr

BELLAGIO 3 TOWERS
Quote:
maybe you just have to wait for few more weeks after october. or is it really urgent?

anyway, here's the Bellegios today September 14
image hosted on flickr

FIFTH AVE. PLACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRick View Post
Taken 15-Sept-08

THE RESIDENCES 3 TOWERS
Quote:
crane for SLT has already been removed. photo taken earlier today:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

THE COLUMNS LEGAZPI VILLAGE
Quote:
The Columns Legazpi today: Sept 14
image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:22 AM   #1034
filcan
mega manila | megacity

Likes (Received): 12

great updates
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:56 AM   #1035
galore

Likes (Received): 8

Joya Towers and Lofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorian^8 View Post
got these pics at http://pHrealestate.net

Avant at The Fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Found a bigger version...

update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtor_manila View Post
Hello Friends!

The first concrete pouring for Avant at the Fort was held last September 7, 2008.

Avant at the Fort will be built on a 1,986 sqm lot - the last prime lot facing the Manila Golf Course! The residential condo building will be composed of 38 storeys with 3 basement parking levels.

Avant at the Fort will be ready for turnover on the 3rd quarter of 2011.

Photos courtesy of Brittany Corporation

Forbeswood Parklane
Quote:
Taken 15-Sept-08

Fort One City Center
Quote:
Taken 16-Sept-08

galore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #1036
stanleymalls
Ascended Being

Likes (Received): 10

With these projects at hand, the Philippines is truly at par with the world......
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #1037
garzland
Oragon Ini!

Likes (Received): 714

I wish this kind of development would sprout all over the country not just concentrating in the Imperial Manila. But I'm glad for this projects since Manila is the window of the country.
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:48 AM   #1038
garzland
Oragon Ini!

Likes (Received): 714

I like now the Pagcor Tower rendering more compared to the first.
Old September 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #1039
stanleymalls
Ascended Being

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzland View Post
I wish this kind of development would sprout all over the country not just concentrating in the Imperial Manila. But I'm glad for this projects since Manila is the window of the country.
Cebu and Davao has their own potential to become like or be better than Manila, but it will take time and more investments pouring in the country.

Let us pray that through these extensive projects and the projects in other provinces, may the Philippines be one of the World's best countries, if not better, in time.
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:39 AM   #1040
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Let us pray that through these extensive projects and the projects in other provinces, may the Philippines be one of the World's best countries, if not better, in time.
I'm not quite sure if prayers alone will do the trick. Lets hope our collective efforts can help create better projects.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila