daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #901
Steely Dan
born again cyclist
 
Steely Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: old style city
Posts: 3,381
Likes (Received): 1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by helghast View Post
helghast, if you post any of my photos on this forum in the future, i would appreciate it if you would credit me as the photographer.
__________________
"I wish they'd hurry up and just destroy humanity already........... it's the waiting that I can't stand" - Philip J. Fry
Steely Dan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #902
harryc
Registered User
 
harryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 375

Nov 13

Work elevator going in on N side.



Real wood finish.



Forms being hauled off - end of the garage ?



__________________
Harry C --- Picassa ---- Web Shots

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #903
Retrograde
Chicago
 
Retrograde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 4

November 13, 2007





Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #904
theworldshallcry
BAMMED
 
theworldshallcry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 263
Likes (Received): 6



You should submit that to the UPC, it's gorgeous.
theworldshallcry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #905
Marco Polo
Registered User
 
Marco Polo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: N/A
Posts: 5,532

Wow, nice progress. Thanks for the photos.
Marco Polo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #906
sam-whit-kid
'what are digits?'
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: london...
Posts: 261
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldshallcry View Post
whats the name of he building to the right of that pic? it looks so much nicer from that angle than from the river waterview is being built on.

gr8 pic aswell!
sam-whit-kid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:31 PM   #907
Zicyx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 188
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
November 13, 2007
Wow, do you have a bigger version of the first photo? Looks very futuristic!
Zicyx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #908
Retrograde
Chicago
 
Retrograde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldshallcry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
You should submit that to the UPC, it's gorgeous.
Thanks. What's the UPC? Is that a photo contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-whit-kid View Post
whats the name of he building to the right of that pic? it looks so much nicer from that angle than from the river waterview is being built on.

gr8 pic aswell!
I forget the name. I'll have to look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zicyx View Post
Wow, do you have a bigger version of the first photo? Looks very futuristic!
I do. I have a 3872 x 2592 jpeg and a RAW image file.
Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #909
romanamerican
Registered User
 
romanamerican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 583
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post


I do. I have a 3872 x 2592 jpeg and a RAW image file.

Please give it to us, it is wonderful!! pleeeease
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #910
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast
 
cbotnyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 2,560
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
Thanks. What's the UPC? Is that a photo contest?
yes, I've seen quite a few of your shots worthy of the UPC.
cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #911
Eric Offereins
The only way is up
 
Eric Offereins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 68,593
Likes (Received): 28160

This pic is great. It almost look like that building in the middle is a rendering.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #912
PresidentBjork
In the bog.
 
PresidentBjork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,863
Likes (Received): 3360

They are excellent photos. What I love about this tower is that after every few days (well fair enough a bit more than that) there will actually be another floor on it.
__________________
💩
PresidentBjork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #913
Retrograde
Chicago
 
Retrograde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-whit-kid View Post
whats the name of he building to the right of that pic? it looks so much nicer from that angle than from the river waterview is being built on.
LaSalle-Wacker Building, completed in 1930.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...chicago-il-usa
Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #914
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man
 
TICONLA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles/Venice
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 121

I was wondering if anyone knows why 77 W. Wacker, (the R.R. Donnally tower) has a construction overhead barricade around the base...?

And to the building at hand, it looks as if the transtion floors are about to begin, the triangular floor plates should start soon. I can't wait for this aspect of the tower to begin.
__________________
"The last of the true industrialists" !!!!!
TICONLA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #915
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,185
Likes (Received): 880

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICONLA1 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows why 77 W. Wacker, (the R.R. Donnally tower) has a construction overhead barricade around the base...?

And to the building at hand, it looks as if the transtion floors are about to begin, the triangular floor plates should start soon. I can't wait for this aspect of the tower to begin.
They've been cleaning the granite of 77 W. Wacker and doing other facade work.

There are still about 16 floors before we get to the transfer floor. Currently the structure is transitioning from parking floors to hotel floors.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:27 AM   #916
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,185
Likes (Received): 880

Worker killed in elevator shaft fall
By Dan P. Blake | Tribune staff reporter
2:46 PM CST, November 21, 2007

A construction worker fell to his death in a downtown building's elevator shaft this morning, a block from where another worker died in a similar incident five days ago, police said.


http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6...evator.article
Another man killed after elevator shaft fall

November 21, 2007
FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS
In the second incident of its kind in less than a week, a man was killed Wednesday morning after falling down an elevator shaft in a downtown high-rise.
About 10 a.m., a construction worker plummeted to his death while working on an 11th-floor elevator shaft at 111 W. Wacker Dr., police News Affairs Officer Tom Polick said.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:01 AM   #917
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man
 
TICONLA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles/Venice
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
They've been cleaning the granite of 77 W. Wacker and doing other facade work.

There are still about 16 floors before we get to the transfer floor. Currently the structure is transitioning from parking floors to hotel floors.
Thanks for the info. BVictor1,
judging by the speed the parking levels went up, the next 16 floors should go up just as quick if not a little faster. (for a moment, i totally forgot about the hotel aspect of this building, with so many buildings going up and all, LOL)
__________________
"The last of the true industrialists" !!!!!
TICONLA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:46 AM   #918
helghast
Registered User
 
helghast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 147

RIP
__________________
"If you put the empire state building on top of the Sears Tower then it's reasonable to say you'll be in the neighbourhood," Mr Baker says.
helghast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:41 AM   #919
harvesterofsorrows
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 642
Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Worker killed in elevator shaft fall
By Dan P. Blake | Tribune staff reporter
2:46 PM CST, November 21, 2007

A construction worker fell to his death in a downtown building's elevator shaft this morning, a block from where another worker died in a similar incident five days ago, police said.


http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6...evator.article
Another man killed after elevator shaft fall

November 21, 2007
FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS
In the second incident of its kind in less than a week, a man was killed Wednesday morning after falling down an elevator shaft in a downtown high-rise.
About 10 a.m., a construction worker plummeted to his death while working on an 11th-floor elevator shaft at 111 W. Wacker Dr., police News Affairs Officer Tom Polick said.
Damn
harvesterofsorrows no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 04:47 AM   #920
Chi649
Registered User
 
Chi649's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,156
Likes (Received): 12

from today




Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
111 w.wacker, chicago, inner loop

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu