daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Romania & Moldova > The Lounge > Photo Corner

Old April 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #121
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 171

April 2007

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)

Last edited by nebunul; April 24th, 2007 at 12:26 PM.
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #122
pescarush

Likes (Received): 137

am auzit ca nu se va mai da voie afisarea bannerelor pe cladiri decat pe cele aflate in constructie
sper ca pana atunci sa se inceapa refacerea fatadelor, altfel mai bine le am tine acoperite cu bannere!
pescarush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #123
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Agree.
Nu vezi (in ultima poza), si-a tras romanul termopane ...

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #124
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bulgaria View Post
Cool pics. I had no idea a canal was going through the city.

A visitor's FLICK (page 1-8) - http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyelookatu/

Old April 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #125
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Old April 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM   #126
Abbil
Panoramik

Likes (Received): 1

Good one! But you could make this panorama longer!

Pd: and thanks for that photos of Bucureshti!!
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #127
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

I said it before: Bucharest looks best at night ...

Last edited by nebunul; April 25th, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #128
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Old April 26th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #129
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

People in Bucharest have chosen the type of flower kiosk that will be used across the city

BTW ... lets bet there will be only one (max. two) company allowed to produce them

http://www.romanialibera.ro/a93524/r...oscurilor.html

Picture of the day - Good morning Bucharest

http://www.romanialibera.ro/a92693/f...bucuresti.html

Last edited by nebunul; April 26th, 2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old April 26th, 2007, 11:50 PM   #130
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Random .. april 2007

Old April 27th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #131
cezarsab
ROMANIA|SYRIA Forever

from the pics the weather looks nice..great..
i liked the pic from romania libera..it speaks for her self :
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:01 AM   #132
mode55

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebunul View Post
\

You know Bucharest in these pictures looks as good as Los Angeles looked back then probably even better.
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #133
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

I know it's maybe not the right thread ... but is about Bucharest; and an expat's thoughts about the city - she now seem to have left ... so, I thought i'd share it with you ...

Home, not alone
It's so nice to be back.
September 04, 2006
http://expatria.typepad.com/ex_patri...not_alone.html

"We spent the days: meeting friends, hanging out in parks (Parks! Playgrounds! Imagine the novel concept!), wondering why we ever left. There must have been a reason... Oh. Yes. The husband didn't have a job anymore. Yeah, well. That would do it. We even stayed months beyond that particular point so nobody can say we didn't try.

But, oh. If we had never left. Bucharest is better than it ever was, and it's changing with lightning speed. The airport road is newly paved and smooth as a baby's butt. The sidewalks in Strada Londra are being fixed. There are lots of new shops around, with spiffy clothing. There is a new mega-market area in the making across from the Selgros in Baneasa. In only four months, Romania is going to be in the EU!
I want to be back here. Life is so easy, so good here. I remember thinking how complicated things are and how you cannot buy this and that without hunting for it, and all that. Hah. I was a pampered little thing knowing nothing about the rough world out there. Now I look back to the green avenues and the wonderful parks and how could I have ever griped about the playground equipment? So what if there are sharp edges and things poking out of the swingsets? At least there is a swing set, other than in some other country which I shall not name. They are vamping up Parcul Herastrau and I've been fairly happy with the way it was. Now, it's on its way to becoming an English Garden.
Speaking of parks, the kids are ridiculously happy. Sunday in Herastrau, Monday in Floreasca -- their old hunting grounds. They are hanging out with their "old" nanny Geta, meeting their "old" friends, playing, fighting, falling into bed at night saying "tomorrow is a school day, why are we not going to school with Jacob and Louisa?". There are asleep within a minute of hitting the pillow. So happy.
I spent three hours in a cafe with two of my friends today. We had salad and sandwiches, and good coffee, and we talked and laughed, and I could ask for the check in Romanian and the waiter understood me. So nice.
I was ripped off by a taxi driver and I could argue with him in English because even the taxi drivers here speak English. So convenient.
The women on the streets are pretty and well dressed. With taste. Not decked out in sequins and gold braid and adorned with 10 cm spike heels. So European.
There really isn't a chance in hell we'll ever come back to live here. But if we were offered a job here, we wouldn't hesitate a second. Not one second.

Bucharest, I love you."

Progress marches on
Busses.
September 06, 2006

"There are new busses in town. They are modern, they are spacious, and they are easy to get in to (the old ones, of which there are still plenty around, require serious climbing gear as the steps are so steep). I used to avoid busses - in fact, never rode them at all. There was no way to get in with a stroller, and very complicated to get in with kids.
Those new busses, though, I really like them. Wide central doors allow easy access with a stroller, and everybody will make space for kids (that's because we are in Romania, and not, like, in Germany). I'm a lost case for taxis.
Sushi
There is a Sushi-to-go place in Dorobanti. I haven't had it yet, and I was told it's OK - like mall sushi in the US. It's double the price of mall sushi, though. However, it's a novel concept in Bucharest and someone has to start it and may collect the initial mark-up until the competition kicks in. For a sushi lover like me, this makes Bucharest just that much more attractive. (If you really crave good sushi in this town, try either the Kyoto on Calea Dorobantilor, or the HoJo.)
Lots of new shops and eateries have opened up. The city in itself has a much more European feel to it -- but maybe that's because I was coming in from Armenia.
The airport road is new, three lanes wide, and smooth as a baby's butt. Nice!
Strada Bruxelles is being paved. I'm very conflicted about that. We used to live on Strada Bruxelles and it had these really bad cobblestones. It was rustik. I liked it, and I liked that the road was bad enough to slow fast drivers down - a nice thing when you have kids. Doug never liked it as he was walking the road at least twice a day and in ice and snow, it was a bit slippery.
So now it's being paved. It shouldn't bother me, as I'm not living there anymore. But Strada Bruxelles will always have a special place in my heart and how dare they change it! :-)
I think the city is cleaner. Is that also a skewed viewpoint, or is the city really cleaner than only six months ago?
The Euro Clinic is apparently really nice and good. And it's just around the corner from our former hunting grounds!
IKEA will open up in December.
So here's my question: does someone have a job for Doug, please? Or maybe direct flights to Armenia so I could argue a case of long-distance family life?

Yeah. I thought not."

Last edited by nebunul; April 28th, 2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #134
cezarsab
ROMANIA|SYRIA Forever

nice....
Old April 28th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #135
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Panoramas ...

Bucharest Revolution Square

General panorama

Casa Poporului

Palatul Patriarhiei

Art Museum (ex Royal Palace)1

Art Museum (ex Royal Palace)2

Romanian Atheneum

Military Circle

Last edited by nebunul; April 28th, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old April 29th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #136
cezarsab
ROMANIA|SYRIA Forever

romanin Goverment..Victoria Palace

Intercontinental Hotel Bucharest

Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM   #137
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Millenium Business Center

... and ... my favorite skyscraper/highrise in Bucharest ... near Ministry of Justice (I believe)

Old May 4th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #138
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Some hidden private property ...

Old May 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #139
pescarush

Likes (Received): 137

Bucharest panorama 2005

Intercontinental Hotel

Bucharest Financial Plaza

People s House

BRD

pescarush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #140
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Mountains seen from Bucharest ... Jan 2007

Tags
bucharest, bukareszt, ro_bucharest, ro_muntenia, rumunia