daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #81
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2087

Shah Alam set to be most liveable knowledge city
Monday October 15, 2007
Property Talk: A weekly column by S.C. Cheah
TheStar

A model of the RM2bil i-City development in Section 7, Shah Alam, Selangor.

MOST city dwellers yearn to live and work in a city free from traffic jams and pollution with plenty of job opportunities, where the cost of living is low and lots of greenery.

In Malaysia, Ipoh would appeal to many retirees as property prices there are relatively cheaper with cost of living lower while Penang has retained some of its old world charm although the island is getting very congested.

However, for those wishing to be part of the K-economy in the country and where they may stand a better chance of finding jobs and still live in a fairly peaceful and green city, Shah Alam is the preferred city to live and work as many people are rather tired of the traffic jams in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya.

Just as Melbourne was once voted the “most liveable city” in the world, Shah Alam may in the near future be known as the “most liveable knowledge city” in Malaysia.

Shah Alam is still relatively peaceful with few high-rise buildings with plenty of greenery. However, the lack of entertainment like cinemas and shopping centres has given the city a laid-back image.

A recent market survey by Research Inc Asia showed that most Shah Alam residents would like to see their shops and restaurants open for longer houses as well as larger shopping centres and new cinemas.

The survey also noted that: “Shah Alam could potentially have 69% of its residents spending more time in their home city, if more leisure opportunities were available”.

Hence - the initiative by I-Bhd to develop the RM2bil i-City in Section 7, Shah Alam - is seen as an ambitious move but one that could help turn Shah Alam into a knowledge city.

The importance of this development can be seen from a recent study mission led by Shah Alam mayor Mazalan Mohd Noor to Shanghai to see what makes that city tick that might also help to shape the proposed Shah Alam ICT (information and communications technology) Zone where the freehold 72-acre i-City would be located.

The mayor also saw how China has managed to develop successful models in handling foreign direct investments within its socio-cultural context and this could also be adapted to suit Shah Alam.

Mazalan had said the Shanghai mission was also to source for possible ICT investments to Shah Alam from China.

“We are not just focusing on ICT investors from the west, we are also looking at China and the rest of Asia, as the ICT sector has become global. We want to make Shah Alam the Bangalore of Malaysia,” he added.

Bangalore is today one of Asia's fastest growing cosmopolitan city and is regarded as India's “Silicon Valley” boasting many scientific and research and development facilities.

Besides creating jobs for 50,000 knowledge workers, the ICT Zone will enable a transfer of skill sets and there will be increased economic activities for Shah Alam.

The value of properties will be enhanced and the Selangor state government and the Shah Alam City Council will also gain in terms of higher revenue.

There will also be an international stature for Shah Alam and Selangor will be able to maintain its position as the leading investment location in the country.

According to I-Bhd feedback from a group of investment bankers who were instrumental in linking i-City with foreign investors was that the proposed Shah Alam ICT Zone was in line with the requirements of these investors.

“We have accelerated i-City's development from the original 10-year period to within five years as suggested by Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo.

“We cannot rely on the local market demand for ICT offices rather we have to market i-City as a global office address to the international ICT community,” the company added.

For latest Bursa Malaysia indices, charts and other information click here
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #82
nazrey

Is it Dead?
Old March 28th, 2008, 04:40 PM   #83
nazrey

I-City Gets MSC Malaysia Cybercentre Status
Source : Bernama
Date Posted : 21/3/2008

KUALA LUMPUR, March 21 (Bernama) -- Smart-community developer, I-Berhad, has been awarded the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre Status for its RM2-billion information and communications technology (ICT)-based commercial development in Section 7, Shah Alam known as I-City.

In a statement here today, the company said the development of i-City into an MSC Malaysia Cybercentre was a strategic fit in its corporate plans to make i-City an international world class techno-city using the latest ICT technology.

"Following the award by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, i-City is currently working together with Multimedia Development Corp Sdn Bhd, the authority that oversees all MSC Malaysia cybercentres and cybercities, on the final details and an agreement will soon be signed.

"Similar to other cybercentres and cybercities throughout Malaysia, the 28.8-hectare i-City is now an international zone, where the MSC Bill of Guarantees will apply," it said.

I-Berhad said ICT companies with MSC Malaysia status could now be located in i-City and use it as their addresses in an official MSC Malaysia zone.

I-City, planned by American architect, Jon A. Jerde, is designed as a fully-integrated township. It is endorsed as the first cybercentre in Selangor and would take five years to complete.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:21 AM   #84
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 1022

any constrution picture?
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM   #85
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM   #86
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Old May 12th, 2008, 04:26 AM   #87
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-City draws Mideast, South Korea interest
By Sharen Kaur
Published: 2008/05/12

I-Berhad is talking to Middle East and South Korean investors and hopes to seal the sales for eight corporate towers in I-City by 2009

I-BERHAD, a household appliance maker, has received offers from the Middle East and South Korean investors to buy some of its properties at the RM2 billion I-City project, a futuristic commercial development in Shah Alam, Selangor.

Chief executive officer Datin Tey Siew Thuan said the offer is for its corporate towers. However, I-Berhad is open to selling other properties in I-City.

"We are talking to the investors and hope to seal the deals for the corporate towers by 2009. We are not sure how many they plan to buy as it would depend on financial arrangements," Tey told Business Times in an interview.

I-City is being developed in three phases on a 28.8ha freehold site in Section 7 of Shah Alam.

The five-year project, which started in mid-2007, is the first venture in Selangor to be approved by the state government as being MSC Cybercentre-ready and was granted the status in February.

Dubbed the "intelligent township", it would feature eight corporate towers, two luxury hotels, two blocks of 24-storey branded residences, three- to five-storey shop offices and retail suites.

It would also house a one million sq ft shopping mall, a data centre and an innovation centre.

I-Berhad has so far sold 44 lots of shop offices, which will start to operate by August.

The company is also in talks with several US-based hotel chains to operate the hotels, which have been earmarked as four- and five-star properties.

It is also talking to international anchor tenants and shopping operators for the mall, which will open in 2011.

"We are in advanced stage of discussions with one of the largest mall operators in Southeast Asia, currently managing more than 100 shopping malls under its belt.

"They have expressed interest to own and operate the mall and we hope to finalise the details by September. We are now doing due diligence," Tey said.

I-Berhad plans to start building the hotels, residences and corporate towers next year.

Currently under construction are 33 units of retail suites which would be ready by March 2009.

"We have built the infrastructure and will set up the data centre by year-end, which would be managed by Kompakar Inc Bhd," said Tey.

I-Berhad has some RM96 million cash in hand and it is using its own funds for the initial stages of development.

It would resort to joint ventures, bond sales and other corporate exercises to fund the second half of the development, said Tey.
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:27 AM   #88
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Overseas offers to replicate I-City
By Sharen Kaur

I-BERHAD, which is developing the I-City intelligent township that is envisaged to be Selangor's knowledge hub and in the league of the Dubai Internet City in the United Arab Emirates, has received offers from China and Vietnam to replicate the RM2 billion development.

Executive director and chief executive officer Datin Tey Siew Thuan said it has plans to redevelop I-City overseas, and possibly also in Penang, in three years.

"I-City is the concept of the future and the (Chinese and Vietnamese) investors are keen to have a similar model in their environment. We are studying the offers currently," Tey said.

I-City is the first technology-driven commercial development in Malaysia.

In uplifting the development, Tey said that I-Berhad will partner Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM), Maxis Communications Bhd and Time dotCom Bhd to offer high-speed broadband Internet services with uptime of 99.9 per cent, as per MSC requirement.

"We are tying up with established business partners to promote I-City. TM and Maxis are expected to come in by August and Time by 2009," said Tey.

I-City is offering fibre optics and Cisco network at its development. It has enlisted the expertise of Australian-listed ServCorp Ltd in June 2007 to provide the infrastructure and Internet Protocol or IP-based services.

Kompakar Inc Bhd has been appointed to manage its data centre, which would house the servers.

"I-City's entire area is connected with a giga-speed fibre-optics network that allows for complete connectivity and mobility, resulting in a true plug-and-play environment," said Tey, adding that it is the only commercial property in Malaysia with a last-mile fibre optics to the units network, and with a capacity up to 1Gbps, making it different from other cybercentres here.

The network supports a wide range of IP-based services and applications and has a super-broadband redundancy where a multi-telco environment exists, enabling owners and tenants of I-City to enjoy continuous uninterrupted broadband connections and simplicity of integrated billing system.

In addition, I-City has all the right components for a second-generation Internet development, known as Web 2.0, and redundant power through a second source of power supply from Klang.

Last edited by rizalhakim; May 12th, 2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:31 AM   #89
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-Berhad a leading smart home technology provider

I-BERHAD was established in February 1967 as Sanyo Industries Malaysia Bhd and listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia on September 29 1967. It assumed its current name on August 12 1999.

Although it started off as a home appliances maker, new vision of serving the Home of the Future was adopted.

With this, the company ventured into the home automation business with the introduction of the I-Home systems, and moved from being a traditional manufacturer of air-conditioners and home appliances to the leading local provider of smart home technology.

In the second half of 2005, it undertook its first major thrust into property development and management with the development of I-City, a RM2 billion project that has been endorsed as a tourist destination for Malaysia.

It also ventured into system integration services by providing various ICT solutions for township development.

Besides I-City, the company is developing luxury-branded residences within the vicinity of the Kuala Lumpur City Centre dubbed The Peak@KLCC.
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #90
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Old May 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #91
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Planned MSC Malaysia Cybercentres Target Completion
Phase 1A - CityPark: Block A B C D E F Jun 2008
Phase 1B - CityPoint: Block J K L Apr 2009
Phase 1C - CityWalk & Block R Dec 2010
Phase 1D - Innovation Centre Dec 2010
Phase 1E - Block M N P Q Dec 2012
Phase 2A - Technology Centre Dec 2013
Phase 2B - Corporate Tower P2 Dec 2015
Phase 2C - Corporate Tower P1 Dec 2015
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #92
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Old May 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #93
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

http://www.i-bhd.com/
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:10 AM   #94
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-Bhd seeks recurrent income from IT offering
By S.C.CHEAH

KUALA LUMPUR: I-Bhd will get recurrent income by offering information technology (IT) business solutions to companies operating in its proposed RM2bil i-City integrated commercial development in Shah Alam.

Executive chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong said the 72-acre freehold development could also help companies save start-up costs in IT infrastructure as well as operating costs in the long term.

“We've built a business model that would eventually help us recover our investment as we will be generating income from this (IT) infrastructure, such as charging access fees,” he told StarBiz yesterday.

This meant that income from the development of i-City would be separate from income derived from its IT-based business solutions, he added.

“Instead of putting IT into gadgets, we have put IT into our property development. Many foreign companies taking part in the current World Congress on Information Technology 2008 have shown interest in i-City,” he added.

Prime Minister Datuk Abdullah Ahmad Badawi presented the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre Status Award to I-Bhd for the development of i-City last Saturday in conjunction with the 11th MSC Malaysia International Advisory Panel Meeting.

Meanwhile, Cisco, the world leader in networking, and Australian ServCorp Ltd, which are collaborating with I-Bhd to develop i-City's IT network platform, have endorsed i-City as the “No 1 technology city in Asia”. Cisco's Connected Real Estate (CRE) Technology will provide a truly plug and play environment for knowledge workers and tenants.

At a media briefing yesterday, ServCorp chief information officer Marcus Moufarrige said i-City's network platform could “massively reduce the cost for end users by as much as 30%.”

I-Bhd is partnering ServCorp, a world leading provider of managed offices, to provide and manage Internet Protocol-based services in i-City.
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:20 AM   #95
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-City's second phase draws foreign interest
By Zurinna Raja Adam
Published: 2008/05/21

INTELLIGENT CONCEPT: Artist's impression of part of the I-City Development

I-BERHAD, which is developing the I-City intelligent township in Shah Alam, Selangor, has received offers from interested foreign parties to buy office suites in the second phase of its project.

Targeted for completion in March next year, the second phase consists of 33 office suites. The total value of the project is RM2 billion.

"We received a lot of enquiries during the WCIT (World Congress on Information Technology) and we are in talks with a few parties right now," I-Berhad deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong said in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

The first phase of the five-year project has been taken up and will be in operation by August.

I-City is being developed on a 22.8ha freehold site in Section 7.

The intelligent township will feature eight corporate towers, two luxury hotels, two blocks of 24-storey branded residences, three- to five-storey shop-offices and retail suites. It will also house a one million sq ft shopping mall and data and innovation centres.

I-City's technology partner is the Australia-based ServCorp Ltd.

ServCorp chief information officer Marcus Moufarrige said that complete mobility for the network offered at the site is possible through the 10Gps fibre-optic network linking all office network and world-class data centre facilities provided by both ServCorp and Cisco Systems.

"This makes I-City stand out more prominently as an intelligent township against others in the world," he said.

Last edited by rizalhakim; May 22nd, 2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:47 AM   #96
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

i-City gets top marks for facilities, services

The first batch of three and five-storey MSC-status shop offices sold and completed in i-City in Section 7, Shah Alam, Selangor. Inset is Datuk Lim Kim Hong.

AN international information technology (IT) player has described smart-community developer I-Bhd's RM2bil i-City as the “No 1 technology city in Asia”.

Office Squared Ltd (a subsidiary of Servcorp) said the proposed i-City was not just a technology park but was also a totally plug-and-play environment, offering true high-speed broadband.

Servcorp is the second largest serviced office provider in the world, currently managing over 9,000 clients in 13 countries.

Office Squared business development manager David Cross, who is in Kuala Lumpur to attend the 16th World Congress On Information Technology (WCIT) 2008 from May 18 to 22, said i-City is packed with world-class networking technologies, capacity that surpassed today's business needs.

“Its facilities and services, geared for the second generation Internet development called Web 2.0 out-performs other Asian technology parks built five or more years ago, thus making it the most advanced technology city in Asia,” he said.

He also described i-City as a “one-stop shop” where its advanced business communications were complemented by sophisticated productivity, collaboration and mobility tools that were available online.

“Users save capital costs and reduce the cost and resource demands for business operations, while maintaining high speed and high availability services and on-site support. They will enjoy astoundingly fast service implementation and avoid frustration of slow connections, blackouts and Telco disconnections,” he added.

I-Bhd chief innovation officer Ricky Lim said there were eight reasons for businesses to choose i-City: It has MSC Malaysia cybercentre status, fibre optics with Cisco network, super broadband with redundancy, Cisco Unified Communications with receptionist, Servcorp powered services, Tier 3+ data centre, 100% backup power supply and a shopping mall.

I-Bhd, whose shares are listed on the Bursa Malaysia main board, is showcasing i-City at WCIT 2008. About 2,500 participants from over 80 countries are attending the event billed as the “Olympics of ICT”.

The ICT-based i-City commercial township is master planned by world-renowned and award-winning American architect Jon A. Jerde.

“We are very pleased that i-City was recently awarded the MSC Malaysia Cybercentre status. The development of this 72-acre freehold ICT-based premier commercial development in Section 7, Shah Alam, is a strategic fit in our corporate plans to make i-City an international world class techno-city using the latest in ICT technology,” said I-Bhd chairman Datuk Lim Kim Hong.

Meanwhile, the first batch of 44 units of three and five-storey shop office in i-City have been sold and completed. Another 34 units of similar shop offices will be launched in July or August.

By The Star (by S.C.Cheah)
Old June 25th, 2008, 04:42 AM   #97
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-Berhad to deliver 1st phase of office suites
Published: 2008/06/25

I-BERHAD is ready to deliver the first phase of its cybercentre office suites, a RM2 billion information and communications technology-enabled development in i-City.

In a statement in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, deputy chief executive officer, Lim Boon Siong, said the first phase, which consisted of 44 units of office suites, was targeted at Multimedia Super Corridor and knowledge companies.

“The tenants are expected to be fully operational by September this year,” he said.

Lim said the second phase, which would consist of data centre and 34 units of office suites, would be ready for occupancy by year-end and mid-2009 respectively.

Meanwhile, I-Berhad said groundwork for the shopping mall was scheduled to start in September.

“It will have cosmopolitan lifestyle outlets to cater to the needs of the i-City community,” it said. — Bernama
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #98
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Servcorp investing RM96mil in i-City project
By FINTAN NG

SYDNEY: Australia’s Servcorp Ltd, the world’s second largest serviced office operator, is investing US$30mil over five years into state-of-the-art concierge services for I-Bhd's RM2bil i-City project.

The 72-acre integrated commercial development in Section 7, Shah Alam, would be equipped with seamless wireless access, integrated information and communications technology and building networks, as well as multimedia and collaborative tools.

“This concierge services concept will make i-City the first real estate project in Asia where all the services are connected via one network,” said Servcorp chief information officer Marcus Moufarrige.

He was speaking to reporters yesterday prior to signing an agreement with I-Bhd, who was represented by deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong.

The concierge services are divided into two areas – the human services element provided by Servcorp and the innovative technology element provided by i-Office2 Sdn Bhd.

i-Office2 is a joint venture with I-Bhd in which Servcorp’s subsidiary Office Squared would hold 65% equity interest.

The concierge services would also be supported by a gigaspeed fibre optics network that would allow for complete connectivity and mobility while its “last-mile fibre optics to the units” network would have a capacity of up to 10Mbps.

Additionally, the network would also have super broadband redundancy and the components for Web 2.0, a second-generation Internet development.

Servcorp has had a presence in Malaysia since 1988 when it provided office services to Menara Haw Par. The company currently extends these services to Menara Standard Chartered and Menara Citibank.

Moufarrige said businesses locating to i-City would have a choice of whether to take up the services offered by Servcorp and the joint-venture company.

“The average fee charged to our clients in Australia is about A$140 per seat per month (per Internet connection) but it really depends on what level of service the clients want,” he said.

He added that the services would be charged on a different scale in Malaysia.

When completed in 2012, i-City would comprise a shopping mall, corporate towers, corporate suites, shop offices, serviced apartments, data centres, a hotel and an innovation centre.
Old July 6th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #99
nazrey

I-Bhd to roll out i-City first phase by Sept
by Diana Chin, 04 Jul 2008 2:00 PM
THEEDGEDAILY

SYDNEY: I-Bhd’s flagship development in Shah Alam, i-City, is set to roll out by September when the company delivers the first phase comprising 44 units of three and five-storey office suites.

These units will be the first to enjoy a multitude of intelligent services that have been planned for the RM2 billion freehold i-City.

I-Bhd’s deputy CEO, Lim Boon Siong, said the company had adopted the build-then-sell concept and was hoping to sell the first phase en bloc with leaseback options.

“We are in serious negotiations with several interested parties such as institutional investors and hope to be able to announce this in the next few months,” said Lim.

He added that the company was looking at leaseback options so that it could control the tenant mix of the development.

Yesterday, I-Bhd signed an agreement with Australia’s ServCorp Ltd to provide the first-of-its-kind comprehensive concierge services in Malaysia. The service is broadly divided into two areas which are human services, provided by ServCorp and innovative technology services to be provided by i-Office 2.

i-Office 2 is a 65:35 joint venture company formed earlier this year between ServCorp and I-Bhd to provide state-of-the-art innovative technology services to its tenants in i-City.

To date, i-Office has confirmed two tenants for its first phase. They are Orisoft Bhd, a human resource outsourcing company and Unified Communications, a telco company.

Under the concierge service, some US$30 million (RM99 million) will be invested over the next five years, starting with the office suites. “The concierge services concept will be the first-of-its-kind in Asia, making i-City the No 1 technology city in this region,” said Marcus Moufarrige, ServCorp’s chief information officer.

According to Lim, I-Bhd is targeting mainly small and medium-sized enterprises to fill the office suites. “We are not looking at multinationals yet because they require a larger floor plate. We will offer this when we launch our office towers by middle of next year,” Lim added.

The office suites have built-ups ranging from 600 sq ft to 15,000 sq ft and offer a total of 300,000 sq ft of net lettable area.

i-City is being developed over three phases and will comprise office suites, a shopping mall, data centre, hotels, office towers and serviced residence. The entire development is expected to be completed by 2012.
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #100
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

I-Berhad eyes RM20m profit this year
Published: 2008/07/09

I-BERHAD (I-Bhd), the first private initiative to be awarded MSC Cybercentre status, is looking to post RM20 million in profit in the current financial year ending December 31 2008, following the sale of the first phase of the i-City project.

The company - which recently phased out its electrical appliances business and moved into property development - last year posted a mere RM1.95 million in net profit on the back of RM4.07 million revenue.

"We are in talks with various parties, a couple of which are in the advance stage, for the sale of the first phase. We expect to formalise a deal for the sale by the third quarter of 2008," deputy chief executive officer Lim Boon Siong said at a press conference in Sydney, Australia, last week.

"If everything goes according to plan, we will definitely show better results," he said.

According to Lim, I-Bhd hopes to sell Phase 1, which consists of the 44-unit CityPark Cybercentre Office Suites, for about between RM400 and RM500 per sq ft. This would fetch the 300,000 sq ft building a price of between RM120 million and RM150 million.

He added that I-Bhd should get between RM15 million and RM20 million from the sale as profit. Once the building has been sold, I-Bhd wants to lease back the property so that it can control the tenant mix.

I-Bhd is building an intelligent city on 30.38ha of land in Shah Alam. The project, which will be completed in 2012, will have an estimated 7.5 million sq ft in built-up.

Asked if the the gross development value (GDV) of i-City would change given rising raw material costs, Lim said it would be able to make a better gauge in six months time.

"Initially our GDV was projected at RM1.5 billion. Subsequently, as our project got more exciting the GDV was estimated at RM2 billion. With the anticipated increases, our GDV could go up by 20 per cent to 30 per cent," he said.

This means the i-City GDV could be as high as RM2.6 billion for the components which include a shopping complex, office towers, serviced residences and hotels.

The first phase is expected to be fully operational by September. - By Vasantha Ganesan